Partner

Partner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The wedding hall is beaming with lights, and decorated with blooming white lilies and baby’s-breath. There’s a dance floor made of wood placed in the middle of the room. Tables are arranged on each side of the hall, draped in white, with a golden-lined vase of baby pink roses on each one. Guests are busy chatting, offering their congratulations to the newlyweds, and enjoying the event.

 

The four members of Mamamoo are seated on the side of the bride, near the long table at the very front. Seated with them are the friends of Soojung that they have met. Hwasa is wearing a white short-sleeved, round-neck blouse with beige elephant pants. Wheein is looking stunning with a tight black tank camisole tucked under her beige pants, which is buttoned at her navel, and a matching beige blazer. Solar, on the other hand, is wearing an A-line navy blue dress, with one strapped split long sleeve, and a belted ribbon around her waist.

 

The last member of the group is out on the dance floor, dancing with a little girl in pink, wearing a full set of navy blue Thom Browne suit. Her partner seems to be having a lot of fun twirling around to the music, but the huge hamster smile on Moonbyul’s face makes it seem like the older woman was having the time of her life rather than the little girl. The giggles attracted a lot of attention from both the young and adult guests. After a while, Moonbyul is already dancing with two little girls and one boy, and her energy is quickly depleted. It was as if she was playing with her three corgis, which are quite full of energy.

 

When the song ended, Moonbyul excused herself from her little dancing partners with pecks on the cheeks. She sat down beside Solar and threw her head back, her long brunette hair flipping. “I think I might collapse,” she huffs. “How can children, as small as they are, have so much energy?” Byul groans, and fixes the way she sits. She grabs the closest drink she sees and takes a long sip. “Phew, that’s so much better. I guess even sparkling wine is works when you’re exhausted.”

 

“And dying,” Hwasa teases with a playful glint in her eyes.

 

“Yah,” Solar taps Moonbyul’s forearm with the back of her hand. “That’s mine,” she pouts. She tries to retrieve the glass, but the younger woman raises it up and away from Solar. “Do you really think I can’t get it back?” Solar grins, and stands up to grab the glass of wine from Moonbyul’s grasps. “Ha!”

 

Moonbyul chuckles. “It’s not like you’re going to drink that anyway, unnie,” she pokes the older woman’s cheek with one finger. When she felt the squishiness of Solar’s cheek, she couldn’t help but poke some more.

 

“Yeah, unnie,” Wheein chimes in. “It sounds like it’ll be good but you won’t like it.”

 

Solar tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter