Color in Monochrome

Color in Monochrome

Taehyung open one of the letter he receive as he walked inside. Right at that time Jimin walked out from second floor and asked “Letter? Is there my bank bill?”

Taehyung stop and search for letter addressed to Jimin and give it to him. “Here all your letter”

Jimin takes it and open his letter while Taehyung did the same. He heard Jimin complain “What did I buy that my bank bill this high?” and he start to check the list.

“Why you need to worry about your bank bill. You earn more than you usually spend” comment Taehyung.

Jimin is a great choreographer who worked with a lot of popular people. Making more than enough money that he can even buy his own house. But he prefer to live with his friend, Taehyung. The house that the two live is Taehyung’s house that his grandmother buy for him. Meanwhile, Taehyung is a photographer who still trying to makes name for himself.

After opening a few bills Taehyung open the last letter and see it is an invitation.

“What is that? It looks pretty” says Jimin who comes closer to watch the purple colored invitation. “An invitation to an art exhibition” Jimin takes the invitation and read it. “It next week. We don’t have anything planned that day”

“You want to come?” asked Taehyung.

“Of course. It write you can bring one friend along. And it is JJK”

“JJK? What is that?”

“What? It is who? Why am I who not much into arts know and not you?” Jimin sigh. “JJK stand for Jeon Jungkook. He is newly aspiring painters. A few of artist who I worked with like his art”

“I see… I will check on his work later”

“You should and we should go too!”

“I’m interested. But I wonder why did he send me an invitation? Did I know him? Or he know me?”

“Don’t know. But you should be glad you receive an invitation. His invitation is hard to receive!”

Taehyung walked toward his room as he think “Jeon Jungkook? Why I feel like I that name is familiar”

 

“You send him an invitation?” Jungkook in shock. Namjoon nodded at the confirmation question to the news that he crack on the youngest.

“Hyung, why?”

“You been thinking to send or not from a few month before. Rather than thinking I just go on and help you send one” answer Namjoon making Jungkook wish he could bury himself.

“What should I do if he come?”

“Just greet him like you greet other people you invite. I don’t think you got even one minute to talk to him on that day. Lots of people will disturb you” says Namjoon. Jungkook’s art start to become popular a few month back. And this is his first art exhibition after his name raise up. Thus there definitely a lot of people who want to know who is JJK.

Realization hit Jungkook. He already begun to feel his popularity from his bank account that keep increasing as one artwork sold.

“I don’t know if I should feel relieved or sad about that” Jungkook sulk.

“If you really want to talk to him for a few minutes, I can help to buy some time” says Namjoon. He is the owner of the art gallery that associated with Jungkook. Namjoon discover Jungkook when Jungkook still in university and since then worked with Jungkook. He responsible to handle everything to help Jungkook shine. And he did a good job in it.

Jungkook looked at him and Namjoon nodded. “Just tell me on the day. I will do what I can”

 

Jungkook walked around the art gallery as he is doing last minute check. In a few one hour, people will start to enter for his art exhibition. And mark the start of his exhibition that called ‘Euphoria’.

Stopped in front of his art he looked on it. Namjoon comes and stand next to Jungkook. “Nervous?” asked the older.

“I wonder what will he say after see this artwork?”

“Not just this. This wall is all of ‘it’. I changed the arrangement” mention Namjoon and Jungkook looked to see ‘it’ lined up. “If he didn’t notice, I bet he need medicine to his dense illness”

Jungkook laugh a little. He didn’t deny that. How long has it been for his one sided crush? It started since he is in university and even though he did try a few times to makes his move, the other like didn’t notice it at all. He now even wonder if he at least remember his existence.

 

Taehyung receive a pamphlet and nodded thanks as he walked in with Jimin. Looked around Taehyung notice a few mentionable figure that he didn’t think he could see.

Everyone that comes earlier already walked around and Taehyung also see a crowd. “That might be where JJK is” he think and avoid it. Not like he doesn’t want to see who it is, but he think it would be better to walk around first.

Jimin stop Taehyung and asked “You’re not going to join the crowd?”

“I come here to see the artwork and not see the creator. Though I’m curios but still I would like to see the artwork first”

“If like that, let’s split up. I want to join the crowd” says Jimin and Taehyung nodded. They both headed toward their wished way.

 

Jungkook looked at his watch. The exhibition already started for at least 30 minutes. But he still stayed out of it. Not many people know the face to the name JJK. Thus he can stay for a while and out when it is time for him to socialize.

His phone ring and Jungkook open to see a message “Target in” is written by Namjoon.

Namjoon already out and mingle with the others. He responsible to show people around and explain the artwork. When the times come that he will usher Jungkook and introduce Jungkook to the people.

Knowing that he already here, Jungkook stand up and headed out. Before anyone recognize him, he should at least see him. He just hope that the small people who know him didn’t recognize him.

 

Taehyung walked around as he read the description of the artwork from the pamphlet. Slowly JJK begun to be his favorite artist. Each of his artwork is totally Taehyung style.

Stopped among a few people his head tilted for a second. The sense of familiarity comes to him. He then looked to the next artwork and it is the same. For a few artwork he feel the same feeling.

“Where did I see this scene before?” he asked himself. Then flashed the few scene that he see beyond his camera.

“It like someone put a color in my monochrome photography” comment Taehyung. His eyes back toward the first artwork on the wall and there he see someone looked at him.

Their eyes catch each other and time moved slowly for them.

“JJK. Jeon Jungkook. That’s why that name is familiar to me”

Taehyung remember a few years back when he did his graduation exhibition. There a junior comes to him and said “Hyung, can I put a color to your monochrome?” And he also remember how his heart beat quicken. Just like now.

In a quiet place that full of people, he is all Taehyung see. Until the other is gone due to crowd that notice who he is. The first person who makes his heart beating. His first love that he think he forget.

The same feeling arose as that day when the monochrome world of his being colored by the same person. This time, will his world continue to be in color or turned monochrome again? Taehyung wish for it to last forever.