pilot

E-12-01 housemates

Boxes were stacked across the spacious living room. There were furniture wrapped in layers of plastic to avoid getting scratched while moving. The mover had to make a few trips up and down the elevator to fill the truck. Holding the last box, Miyawaki Sakura helped the last housemate she has to move it into the latter’s car. Her former housemate thanked her and tells her how much they loved having her as a housemate. After all, she’s the most unproblematic housemate you will ever have. They shared a heartfelt hug before saying goodbyes and parting their ways. After that day, Sakura became the only tenant in unit E-12-01.

 

-

 

It was the September intake where there are finally people looking around for room to rent. There was a girl namely Choi Yena with the duck lips and the round glasses looking like the picture of that duck in glasses you could find on Google. From Sakura perspective she could predict that this girl is one hell of a typical money pinching college student. All the things she wanted to know was about the pricing, how they split the utilities and the estimate amount of cost living there. It’s like she wasn’t even looking around the house or the room, she’s just looking for the right price to fit her budget. Good thing, Sakura is actually someone who actually keeps tab on her spending therefore she was able to answer everything to that girl’s questions. 

 

The price was far from Yena’s budget but Sakura suggests she could find another roommate to share the room and it will be much cheaper. The duck girl takes in the suggestion, she gave the room a final look. In her eyes, Sakura could see she actually liked the place. I mean what is there not to like, it’s a medium room that include a modern looking bathroom and the french window is to die for. The room was mesmerising especially during the golden hour which is what they’re witnessing right now. The room is basically glowing as the light illuminated from the windows. The latter took a deep breath after taking in the breathtaking view. 

 

“I’ll take it and I will find the heck out of someone to share this room with.”, Yena look determined when she said.

 

“Sure, it’s yours.”, the cherry blossom girl casually replied.

 

A few paperwork were done and it was official. Now, Sakura have a housemate again, E-12-01 is finally back to filling up with people. 

 

-

 

It was January, another new intake season for the college. There comes Jo Yuri, a hamster looking girl and an aspiring singer. The vocal program student became the third housemate instantly after seeing the french window in the medium room. Yuri had a thing for interior aesthetic. While looking at the room, she already started to visualise on how she would decorate it and narrated every single detail to Sakura. However, the Japanese girl couldn’t care less, it is the room she rent after all she could do everything she wants. She was just wondering if the cheapskate roommate of hers is able to keep up. Soon, Yena finally has a roommate to share the cost with. To the older girl surprise, It didn’t take them long to get to know each other and became close friend. Seeing them like that, Sakura was glad that this house is going to be like how it was before. 

 

A few days after, there came another girl from the performing arts department. The girl that has created a buzz before she even stepped in the college. She was famous because she participated a talent competition with her sister when they were young. Though, they didn’t make it to the final but they were hella talented. During her teenage years, she was also a member of an idol group until she decided to pursue contemporary dance. There it was, looking all so charmingly standing at the front door was Lee Chaeyeon. 

 

The Japanese girl hates the admit but looking at that star standing in front of her, she did took her breath away. That sunshiny smile she had hanging on her face, it left the older girl speechless. But she was quick to come back to her senses and not act like a fangirl. Sakura took the former idol a tour around the condominium and the house. They went to take a look at the infinity pool, the well equipped gym, the lounge filled with comfy sofas. Everything was great. The latter fell in love with the master bedroom immediately. The huge glass ceiling and the spacious bathroom with the gorgeous looking bathtub. 

 

It was unfortunately that this exact room is the one Sakura occupying right now and she is not giving it up so soon after one year of waiting. Chaeyeon tried to came up with many attractive prices she would like to offer for room, hoping it would get the other girl to give up the room. The amount was extremely tempting but the older girl manage to hold herself back and reminds herself of how badly she wanted that room in the first place. It left the former idol no choice but to come out with another suggestion that might favour both of them, which is to share the room together. It was a win win situation, Sakura get to save some money and keep the room of her dream while Chaeyeon basically could have the room she loves and sharing it with a beautiful Japanese girl. Seem like the kind looking philanderer is up on her next prey.

-

 

Just like that the three bedroom unit were filled with 4 person and an empty small room but that’s another story for another day. There it was the beginning of another chapter for housemates at unit E-12-01. A graphic design major gamer, a frugal film student, interior aesthetic addict vocalist and a philanderer former star living under the same roof. Nothing weird could happen right?

 

...