Diamond Crystal

Diamond Crystal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARNING: 

This has not undergone proofreading. Spelling and grammatical errors are to be expected.

-------------------------------

"From the gaps between your fingers is where everything fell apart

The shape of love is your tears

Even though you hide your hesitation, you sway a little

Your answer is No" 

 

Jaemin smiled as he watched Miyeon, his girlfriend of ten years, eat her favorite strawberry parfait. They were currently inside an ice cream shop they always frequent back when they were still in university. His eyes showed how much he adored the girl in front of him, the latter being unaware just continuing to enjoy her ice cream.

Moments later Miyeon finally looked up from her bowl seeing as Jaemin has long been finished drinking his mango shake that he bought from the store in front and was just staring lovingly at her.

"What?" She asked smiling. "You want some of my strawberry parfait?"

"Babe, I'm lactose intolerant and I hate strawberries." Jaemin pouted.

"I know, but you still kiss me even after I eat or drink any of those." She laughed.

"Maybe because it's you that I taste and not the strawberry nor the milk?" Jaemin answered wiggling his eyebrows.

"ert." Miyeon shook her head when she suddenly felt her head hurt. She thought it was just brain freeze and shrugged it off.

"Babe you okay?" Jaemin asked, noticing the sudden crunch on her forehead.

"I'm fine." She replied. "Just a brain freeze."

-

Days after their little date, the simple brain freeze she thought was now an unending migraine. Jaemin was currently on summer vacation with the rest of his friends who called themselves the dreamies, except for Mark who was busy with work.

Five days. It has been exactly five days since the migraines started. She decided to go to the hospital to get herself checked up. Upon stepping inside the hospital, not even ten steps in, she felt a very painful migraine. Painful enough that she lost her consciousness. 

The moment she woke up, she was faced with a worried looking Mark who immediately stood up from his chair to check on his sister, at the exact moment a doctor came in carrying a folder from what she could predict were her test results.

"Good afternoon to the two of you."

'Afternoon? I must have passed out for a long time." Miyeon thought remembering the time she went to the hospital.

"A good afternoon to you too Dr. Qian. What happened to my sister? Is her health okay?" Mark asked.

The doctor looked at both with a solemn look on his face. Miyeon suddenly felt very nervous as she clutched on her brother's hand who in return gave her a gentle squeeze.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Lee but as I saw her result, I found she has brain cancer, more specifically called glioblastoma. It's the deadliest type and currently has no cure. Surgery doesn't really cure this since this type of cancer usually recurs. I'm so sorry to say but your sister's life expectancy can only be maximized for five years with treatment and less than a year without."

Both Mark and Miyeon were shocked upon the news. 

"What's our options for treatment Dr. Qian?" Mark asked. Eyes already becoming teary. He can't lose his last family member without fighting. He wants to try any possible medication and maybe a miracle will happen for her sister.

As Mark and Dr. Qian were discussing the possible treatment plans, Miyeon's only thought was Jaemin. 

"Sweetie, everything's going to be okay." Mark said as he brought her out from stupor.

"Oppa, I don't want to die. I don't want to leave you and Jaemin. Oppa!" She said as tears continuously poured from her eyes as she was struck by reality.

Mark could hug her for comfort as his own tears poured out as well.

-

Miyeon was silently staring on Jaemin's picture on her phone. Mark had already admitted her in the hospital and has taken care of all the papers needed for her upcoming treatment. She thought about calling Jaemin and telling him what was currently happening, but she had no courage. She didn't want to tell him that she was going to die. If not now, soon.

Before she could even contemplate on what to do, the door suddenly opened revealing a panting Jaemin. She checked the clock, and it was already past six in the evening.

"Babe, you're here?" But Jaemin didn't answer. Instead, with long strides, Jaemin went to the girl and engulfed her in a tight hug. Not a second later, Miyeon could already feel wetness on her shoulder. 

Jaemin was crying. He was informed by Mark on what was currently happening.

"You know I love you right, Na Jaemin?" Still no response.

"I love you so much," She said as tears started falling "that I'm willing to let you go." She continued.

Jaemin hugged her tighter.

"No, I won't be letting you go anytime Lee Miyeon. You're stuck with me."

 

"Snuggling up together, down a path we once walked

We can't g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter