Normalcy

Normalcy | SeoKyu Oneshot

 

 

 

SarS-Cov 2 

Coronavirus 

COVID-19 

The virus that changed the world. 

A microorganism that brought the whole world to its knees. 

People died. Many lost loved ones. Many lost jobs. Many people suffered. 

But life must go on. Some sort of normalcy must at least be present with the current situation in the world. 

Putting on her mask, Seohyun read over the script one more time. It was a bit harder to breathe but she was already used to it. To protect others and herself, face covering must be worn majority of the time. Or it could be she was just nervous. She hasn't been on stage for a while. Singing with Girls' Generation seemed to be a long time ago. But today, she was an emcee for a big award show. 

She stepped onto the big stage after giving her mask to one of her stylists. Bright lights focused on her and her fellow emcee Jun Hyunmu. They greeted the viewers and the show began. 

She knew that behind the cameras, there were no fans who would cheer for their favourite groups. But because it was dark, it took her a while to process that there really was no audience in the venue. Backstage staff were hustling and running behind but that was completely different to the energy fans would radiate. 

She missed it. She missed the "normal" life. But it was beyond anybody's control. Everybody must live with the new norm. 

The usual crowded corridors now became somewhat bare. Only a few people trudged their way to their destinations and all of them were wearing face mask. It felt strange that instead of seeing a few people with no mask before, everybody was wearing one now. 

She was grateful that there are some things that did not change; it was the artists energy and sincerity to perform for their beloved fans on the other side of the screen. The change in how things were done did not falter the artists to perform. They were young and were full of charisma. 

However, not all artists were 'that' young. And to be very honest, she was not at all ready to face them. Considering they used to be her labelmates, these group of men were a bit more on the crazy side. Seohyun already met a few members of the group behind the stage but she was sure there would be a time where she would come across all of them during the event. 

She knew them all too well. Rumours do spread around that if one meets the group called Super Junior, they had to be prepared because it would get chaotic. These men were in their thirties yet act like in their teens. One could also describe them as much more energetic than the young ones. 

Seohyun can handle other artists. She has been in the industry for over ten years. But nothing can seem to prepare her for Super Junior. Whether they appear individually or as a group, it was too hard to handle. 

It was over half-way through the awards show when she saw a group of men walking towards the stage. It wasn't that far from where she was standing by but she could tell from the silhouette it was Super Junior. Each of their strides were too confident and they were acting a bit... childish. That's how she could easily tell. 

The stage was being prepared and the men were approaching the waiting area where she was also on standy. Super Junior was going to receive another award that night. 

Seohyun was going to properly greet the gentlemen in a formal way (because they are technically still her senior in the industry) but the "crazy ones" raised their hand for a high five and shouted "It's been a long time Seohyunnie". 

The "crazy ones" mentioned included Eunhyuk, Donghae and Siwon. 

Seohyun wore her mask during that time as she was on standby, she was not on stage. Plus, there were quite a lot more people. Everybody was encouraged to wear mask as much as possible especially in the waiting areas and waiting rooms. 

The rest of Super Junior could not see her smile but they could see it through her eyes. 

"I saw your drama Seohyun. It made me realize how much you have matured" said Leeteuk. They were all surrounding her. 

She thanked him and then said, "How are you doing these days? You guys must've been very busy with individual schedules" 

"Our album is coming out so we are also busy with that" Ryeowook replied. 

"I can't wait to hear it" Seohyun excitedly said. 

"Shall we take a picture to commemorate meeting with Girls' Generation's youngest?" Yesung took out his phone and handed it to one of the staff to take a picture. Everyone huddled closer together for the picture. 

"Send me the picture oppa. Can I post it on social media?" Asked Seohyun 

"We don't have a problem with that. I'll let Kyuhyun send it to you later." 

They went their separate ways again. They were still to perform so there was a high chance she would meet them again. Not even twenty minutes later, Kyuhyun came to the waiting area. This time, he was wearing his stage costume. No other members were in sight.

Seohyun stood up from her chair to greet Kyuhyun but he spoke first before any words came out of . 

"Are you doing okay?" He asked. 

"I'm doing alright. Hyunmo-oppa has been supporting me quite well and its not like this is my first time doing this." 

He peeked at the empty chair not far from her's. "Speaking of Hyunmo-hyung, where is he?" 

"He went to the toilet." 

"At this time?" He jokingly said as he looked at his wrist with a non-existent watch. 

Seohyun giggled in response. "He was holding it in for a while so when he got the thumbs up from the staff, he ran off." 

Kyuhyun stared at her for a while. He knew she was charming. Her eyes alone had that glint. It was trying to seduce him. He had a quick glance around before grabbing her hand and leading her towards the back of the waiting area where it was dark and no eyes could see what was going to happen.  

He adjusted his over the ear microphone away from his face with his hand, reached out with the other to unhook the strap of her face mask. He could finally see her face and he thought how lucky he was that he was finally her's. But this detail was a secret to the outside world. 

He leaned in and gave her lips a quick peck before putting the mask strap over her ear and adjusting it properly over her nose and mouth area. 

Seohyun's eyes were wide open. She looked around to see of anybody saw that short yet sweet moment of theirs before hitting him playfully in the chest. "What are you doing oppa? What if somebody saw that?" 

Kyuhyun only shrugged as his reply. She glared at him for a few seconds, took off her mask, pulled him by his shirt and kissed him. 

It wasn't a short kiss. That's for sure. They were too into their moment. They only stopped when they heard one of the staff shouting they were going to resume recording. 

Both of them were panting after their make-out session. He was holding her close to him because there would not be any opportunities to hold her until after the event was over. Not until they were at a safe distance, out of the cameras' sight. 

Seohyun got out of her dreamy state first. She quickly checked Kyuhyun from head to toe (not what you're thinking at the moment my dear reader) for any signs of what they were just doing. She checked his face and wiped the smeared lipstick she noticed at the corner of his lips with her fingers. 

"I clearly told the stylist-unnie to use smudge-proof lipstick because I know this was going to happen," she mumbled under her breath and she continued to clean her lipstick off his lips. 

Despite the loud noises in the venue, Kyuhyun heard this clearly. 

He smirked. He lifted her chin with his index finger and gave her one last peck before running off with a wink. 

Seohyun could feel her face getting warmer. She fanned her face before putting on the mask again and walked back to seat like nothing happened. 

The show continued as planned. Nothing out of the ordinary. Apart from the suspicious and teasing smiles from the other members of Super Junior. Seohyun was sure Kyuhyun got the bad end of the rope but he was fine. In fact, he was such in a good mood that he did not mind all the teasings.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

My delulu mind got activated when I saw that picture (you guys know what I mean right?). I only found out about it a week after that was posted.

I knew SuJu was going to perform and Seo was the MC but I did not connect the dots!!!! It took me that long!!! Over a week maybe??!?!?!

Anyways, this oneshot is purely from my imagination. I did not proof read this to there will be mistakes.

Enjoy!!!