Jazz Bar

Christmas with you

‘Well, our story starts a few weeks before your aunties’.’ Gahyeon’s eyes light up, turning to her mother with a wide smile. Siyeon chuckles and pats her head as she starts telling their story.

 

***Flashback***

 

Siyeon arrives at the fundraising event early. Her manager thought it’d be a good idea to get some pre-debut experience. That’s also the reason she finds herself performing at local prestige bars at least twice per week. Bowing respectfully at the MC, she goes over the itinerary with him briefly as he leads her to the stage. The venue is a large hall with tables set up neatly throughout, waiters and waitresses lined up and being given a pep talk by their boss. Once on the stage, she bids the MC goodbye as he walks off to make sure everything else is prepared. She gets set up with her band, laughing comfortably around them.

 

Halfway through the event, all the guests are settled happily at their seats after enjoying an amazing meal. Siyeon and her band were also able to have a taste of the provided catering and spent their dinner humming in delight at the dishes. As the time for dessert rolls around, it’s up to Siyeon to entertain the guests until the MC is done socializing so that they may start with the final fundraising bids. Siyeon clears and moves towards the mic after the MC announces her. Smiling out to the crowd, she nods at the band after introducing themselves, and they start playing. Everyone’s eyes are on her instantly as her voice filters through the speakers of the venue. Closing her eyes, Siyeon focuses on the music, giving it her all.

 

Bora yawns and rubs her eyes in the kitchen, glad that her part of the catering job is done. She thanks the staff around her for helping with the clean up and decides to take a break. She walks towards the large venue hall, smiling as everyone seems to be enjoying her desserts. As the music reaches her, she turns her gaze towards the stage. In the spotlight stands a beautiful girl with dark hair, her powerful voice touching the hearts of all those present. Bora finds herself smiling, smitten by the singer’s voice and presence. Biting her lip, she turns and taps the shoulder of the MC, standing near her at the door. ‘Hey, who’s the singer?’ He smiles at her and thanks her for her good work before answering her. ‘Her name is Lee Siyeon. An up and coming singer. Her manager is a close friend of the fund CEO and wanted her to get experience.’ Bora nods and whispers the singer’s name under her breath. ‘Lee Siyeon.’

 

Through the descending red light

I feel your eyes ah

Endlessly entranced by my humming

You give me sweet looks

 

Siyeon opens her eyes near the end of the song, scanning the crowd and smiling at their happy expressions. She loves making people happy with her music. As her eyes scan towards the exit of the venue, she finds dark brown eyes staring at her intently. She finishes the song and bows as everyone applauds their performance. Looking back up, her eyes meet those of the mystery woman in the back again. She’s wearing a chef’s uniform, her long dark hair striking against the white of her jacket. Her eyes are intense and Siyeon finds herself intrigued by the woman. She watches as the woman smiles at her and claps alongside the MC. She makes a mental note to ask him about her after the performance. For now, she turns to the band and they move into their next song.

 

***

 

Smiling, Siyeon takes the water bottle from her manager and thanks him before taking a big gulp. The fundraiser is coming to an end and her manager congratulates her and the band. ‘They loved you! I tried to socialise and get some feedback and all they could say is they’re surprised they haven’t heard you on the radio yet!’ They laugh together excitedly and thank the manager for this opportunity. He pats Siyeon on the shoulder and points towards the venue. ‘You’re allowed to have a look around for yourself if you want to. I have to attend the final bid alongside my friend but let’s celebrate tomorrow! Lunch will be on me!’ Bowing, Siyeon smiles at the prospect. ‘Thank you!’ They bid him a farewell and they disperse into the venue.

 

Siyeon blushes as multiple guests walk up to her just to congratulate her on a wonderful performance and some even ask for her business card in case they need a performer in the future. Siyeon gives them all a gentle smile and thanks them wholeheartedly. Starting to feel a bit hot from all the interaction, she decides to take a step outside to take in the cool night air. Once outside, she looks up at the starry night sky and takes a deep breath. Running a hand through her hair, the singer leans against the wall near the entrance. She watches as a few guests start leaving, giving them a gentle nod of the head in greeting. After a while, she watches a small van park up to the side of the venue. A small woman steps out and walks in briskly. Intrigued, Siyeon walks closer to the van. ‘Bora’s Bites.’ She finds herself smiling at the text written on the side of the van, in purple lettering, complete with a logo composed of a small bird with a knife in its beak.

 

Bora hurriedly bursts through the kitchen door and picks up the last box of her custom utensils. She greets and thanks the cleaning staff one last time before walking towards the side exit where she’d parked her van. As she slides open the side door and puts down the box, she’s startled by a soft female voice. ‘Your food was delicious.’ Jumping, she shrieks loudly, her hand moving to her heart in surprise. ‘OH MY GOD! DON’T SNEAK UP ON PEOPLE LIKE THAT!’ Siyeon chuckles, covering her ears playfully. ‘My apologies.’ Bora takes a deep breath and turns, that breath instantly getting stuck in as she sees the owner of the voice. ‘N-No, it’s okay. I was just… surprised…’ Blushing, Bora fiddles with her fingers as Siyeon smiles at her gently. ‘I just thought I’d personally thank you for the good food tonight.’ Siyeon’s smile reaches her eyes as she looks at the caterer who captured her attention earlier that evening.

 

Bora blushes even more, running a hand through her hair. ‘T-Thank you. I enjoyed your performance too.’ Siyeon chuckles and steps closer, holding out her hand. ‘Thank you. My name is Siyeon.’ Bora bites her lip but takes the singer’s hand, gently shaking it in place. Her smaller hand is engulfed by Siyeon’s warm ones. ‘My name is Bora…’ Nodding, Siyeon squeezes her hand and looks her in the eye. She’s intrigued by the small chef in front of her. How quickly she went from loud to meek and shy. ‘Well, Bora. I’ll be performing at the jazz bar in town in 2 days.’ Bora’s eyes light up, her heart racing in her chest. ‘Yeah?’ Siyeon nods and lets go of her hand as she feels her phone buzz in her pocket. Her manager is looking for her so they can go home. ‘Ah, I have to go but…’ She looks back at Bora, standing next to her van with a hopeful look in her eyes. ‘Jazz bar in 2 days, my set is at 8 pm, hope to see you there, Bora!’ She shoots her a smile and runs off to the parking lot to meet with her manager and band mates.

 

***

 

‘MINJI, I’M TELLING YOU SHE SINGS LIKE AN ANGEL AND SHE’S SO WARM AND SWEET AND SHE INVITED ME TO HER PERFORMANCE AT-’ Bora’s rant is cut short by Minji throwing a pillow at her face. ‘YA!’ Chuckling, Minji looks at her now pouting best friend. ‘Bora, you’ve already told me 5 times in the past hour. I get it, you’re gay.’ Huffing, Bora throws the pillow back to Minji, who catches it with ease. ‘You’re no fun.’ Minji shrugs and stretches. ‘Besides, it’s midnight and I know both of us have enough work to do tomorrow. Especially if you wanna go see that Siyeon girl.’ At this, Bora gets up quickly. ‘OMG, you’re so right! Goodnight Minji!’ And just as quick as she’d come in, Bora leaves Minji’s apartment to head home.

 

Bora spends the next day happily humming to herself while preparing some small customer orders and taking calls with a bigger smile than usual. She ends up googling Siyeon, stalking her company’s info about her. She’s only a bit younger than Bora and the covers they’ve uploaded on their channel quickly end up downloaded to Bora’s phone and put on loop throughout the rest of the day. Near the end of the day, she starts getting more jittery, both excited and nervous to go see Siyeon’s performance. Closing up her kitchen, she heads to her apartment and tries to put a nice outfit together. Last time, Siyeon had only seen her in her chef’s attire. She’s determined to look good for the singer.

 

Siyeon has a laugh with the bartender as she sips her tea. It’s become a tradition of hers to drink a cup of tea before her small performances. It gives her a chance to scout the guests and prepare . Tonight’s guests seem like the usual jazz lovers, all bobbing their heads and tapping their feet to the rhythm filtering through the bar speakers. Most of them are alone or in pairs, chatting softly to not disturb the bar’s vibes. Siyeon smiles and nods along to the music herself. Once she finishes her tea, she thanks the bartender and heads over to the stage to set up for her performance. Part of her is nervous. She hasn’t spotted the cute caterer she invited yet. She turns to the crowd and introduces herself, waiting for the instrumentals to filter through the speakers behind her before immersing herself in her performance.

 

Did you slip in through open doors and sit down

Just to look at me like that every day

 

Bora curses as she parks her car and rushes towards the entrance of the jazz bar. She was so busy putting together the perfect outfit that she almost left too late. She takes a deep breath as she reaches the door, already hearing Siyeon’s voice resonate inside the bar. Biting her lip, she quietly tries to walk in. She makes her way to the bar and takes a seat, ordering a mojito as she still has to drive home. Thanking the bartender, she finally turns to the stage, instantly mesmerised by Siyeon’s voice once again. Tonight, Siyeon is looking much less formal, sporting a comfortable looking black sweater, the sleeves almost swallowing up her hands. The tight jeans she’s wearing make Bora blush, as the whole outfit compliments Siyeon’s figure perfectly.

 

Siyeon spots her at the bar, eyes focusing on her instantly. She smiles softly as she continues singing, now essentially serenading the gorgeous woman at the bar. Siyeon nearly misses a beat in the song as she lets her eyes wander over Bora’s figure. She looked cute and professional in her chef uniform at the event, but now looks absolutely ravishing, wearing a black crop top with a loose white button up over it. Tight black jeans cling to her surprisingly muscular figure, her real height hidden by the black heels on her feet. Gulping mid song, Siyeon finds it impossible to take her eyes off the woman.

 

When our two eyes meet I want to stop singing

And draw closer to whisper oh nah

 

Bora squirms under Siyeon’s gaze. Her intense wolf-like eyes have been boring into hers for the past 2 songs. Somehow, Bora can’t get herself to look away though. She holds the singer’s gaze, matching it somehow. As Siyeon finishes her set, a gentle applause spreads across the guests in the bar. Siyeon breaks off eye-contact momentarily to bow to and thank the crowd, before stepping off the stage. Bora takes this chance to turn back to the bar and have a sip of her drink. The cold drink slightly soothes the heat she’s felt rushing to her cheeks for the past 15 minutes. Getting nervous, Bora wonders if she should stay to talk to Siyeon or not. Bora isn’t used to being shy around anyone, but she’s for some reason intimidated by Siyeon.

 

Siyeon thanks those few guests that shoot her a nod and smile as she walks from the stage towards the bar. Her target is clear, she has to get to Bora and talk to her. She’s been itching to run over ever since she spotted her at the bar earlier. Running a hand through her hair, she walks up to the bar, taking a seat right next to Bora and turning to her with a smile. ‘Fancy seeing you here.’ Bora startles and tightens her grip around her drink. Blushing softly she turns her head to face Siyeon, eyes sparkling. ‘Well, I was invited by a singer. I felt it’d be rude to not show up to their performance.’ Siyeon chuckles and purses her lips. ‘I see. Are they any good?’ Bora smiles shyly, nodding before turning back to her drink. ‘I think she’s great.’ Siyeon smiles at the compliment, her heart warming at Bora’s shy demeanor.

 

With a drink of her own, Siyeon tries to get to know Bora better. ‘So, you own a catering company?’ She loves how Bora’s eyes start sparkling at her simple question. ‘Yes! I mean, it’s only small for now but I think the name’s getting out there! I’d love to open a restaurant though, at some point.’ Siyeon smiles, leaning her head on her hand and listening to Bora blabber on about her plans for a restaurant and how she’s always loved cooking with her mother since she was a child and knew this was the way to go for her. Bora finds herself easily opening up to Siyeon, sharing her plans to have an open restaurant at some point too, to help feed the homeless. As the night goes on, Bora bites her lip, putting a loose string of hair behind her ear. ‘Sorry, I’ve been babbling all night…’ Siyeon shakes her head softly, smiling at her. ‘Don’t apologize, I love hearing you talk.’ With a blush, Bora finishes her drink and widens her eyes at the time. ‘Oh, I have to go. I’m catering a small event tomorrow and I like to personally explain the dishes to the waiting staff.’ Siyeon simply nods and walks Bora to her car. ‘Good luck tomorrow, Bora. I’m really glad you could make it tonight.’ She smiles at her, fidgeting with her fingers. The caterer smiles back widely with rosy cheeks. ‘I’m glad I came too.’

 

***

 

I feel I love you

Oh I love you

Oh I like you

Do I know you? Oh ah

 

It isn’t until later the next day, that Bora realises she never asked for Siyeon’s phone number. She has no way of contacting the girl. ‘OH GOD I-’ Next to her, Minji chuckles. Bora asked for some of her bread to go with the catering meal for the event so Minji decided to tag along and help clean up after. ‘Did you just realise no amount of heels will ever properly hide how tiny you are?’ Bora scoffs and smacks Minji with a pan, to which the baker simply laughs more. ‘NO! I just realised I never exchanged numbers with Siyeon…’ She pouts, sadly cleaning up the rest of her utensils. ‘The singer you’re so smitten with?’ Bora nods solemnly. Minji rolls her eyes and walks to the smaller girl’s van with her, putting the last boxes in. ‘Just check if she has any more gigs around town?’ Bora squeals and jumps on her friend, hugging her tightly. Minji chuckles and tries to plug her ear. ‘YOU’RE THE BEST! SEE, THIS IS WHY YOU’RE MY BESTEST FRIEND!’ Chuckling, Minji pats her back and follows her into the van. ‘Thank me AFTER you manage to get a date with the girl.’

 

Siyeon finds herself repeatedly smacking her forehead into the table in front of her. Yoohyeon rolls her eyes and slides a pillow between her and the table. ‘Stop that, you can’t have a massive bruise or bump on your forehead while prepping for debut.’ Siyeon pouts and shakes her body in protest. ‘But, I’m dumb, I deserve punishment.’ Yoohyeon rolls her eyes and shows her phone to her sulky friend. ‘Hello? She’s a caterer and quite popular too. She has a whole website and social media too? Just message her there?’ Siyeon’s eyes light up and she takes Yoohyeon’s phone from her hands. Scrolling through the caterer’s instagram, she smiles at Bora’s delicate hands placed in some of the frames alongside the food being prepared and plated. ‘Yoohyeon, I’m glad you use that brain of yours occasionally.’ Yoohyeon huffs and takes her phone back. ‘Rude!’ She pouts but is glad she could lift Siyeon’s spirits a bit.

 

I think I love you (Love you)

Oh I love you (Love you)

 

Bora is hunched over behind her desk, staring intently at her computer screen. So far, she hasn’t had any luck finding planned events that Siyeon was attending. Not quite ready to give up, her tongue sticks out the side of as she diligently continues delving into the internet. Her phone buzzes next to her, screen displaying an instagram notification. She glances at it and shrugs before freezing. Reaching for her phone, she unlocks it and navigates to her DM’s. ‘Holy…’ Siyeon sent her a message using a private account. Bora smiles excitedly and does a happy dance in her chair before clicking the message.

 

TotallynotSiyeon: Hey, Bora. It’s Siyeon. I hope your event went well.

 

Her grin only widens as she thinks of what to reply. Bora can’t believe Siyeon even remembers that she had an event. Typing away at her screen, she manages to formulate a decent reply, she thinks.

 

BorasBites: Hi! :D The event went well! I got help from a friend. How are you?’

 

Siyeon smiles as she receives a quick reply. She chuckles at the girl’s excited message. She curls up on her couch, prepared to spend the following few hours chatting with Bora. This time, Bora manages to ask her some questions as well, finding out Siyeon has always loved singing and making people happy, which is something she shared with Bora. Their ways to make others happy may differ, but the result is all the same. They end up chatting about their family and hobbies for hours, Siyeon being surprised at Bora’s confession to being a dancer as well as a great cook. Siyeon is starting to think there’s nothing the woman can’t do.

 

Oh I like you (Like you)

Maybe you’ll feel it, too


 

‘Come on! Siyeon is doing a set tonight, please come along?’ Bora pouts at her best friend. Bora has been flirting with Siyeon for a while now. Siyeon invited her to another small performance at a local bar and Bora feels it’s her chance to ask the singer out. But being the panicked gay that she is around Siyeon, she desperately tries to convince Minji to tag along. ‘I’ll pay for all your drinks, promise! Please, I think I can finally ask her out properly tonight!’ Minji stares at her friend a moment longer, Bora shrinks under the weight of her stare, hands tightly clasped together. ‘Fine. But you’re driving me home on time! I really need to wake up early to get back to baking if I go with you tonight.’ Bora fistpumps the air and hugs her tightly. ‘Yes! Thank you! I’ll pick you up at 7! Time to get dressed!’ Minji shakes her head as Bora hops out of the kitchen.

 

Bora heads back to her apartment and excitedly starts putting together an outfit. She decides on a comfy pink sweater with simple blue jeans. Hopping into the shower and taking her time to apply her make-up, Bora sees the clock on her bedroom wall and rushes to gather her bag. She gets into her car and drives over to Minji’s bakery. Not bothering to get out, she opens her window and yells for her friend. ‘I’M HERE LET’S GO!’ ‘Coming!’ Minji yells back. Bora smiles widely as her friend gets into her car and she drives off eagerly.

 

Bora nearly jumps out of her car once it’s safely parked behind the bar. Minji just laughs and gets out of the car, closing the door behind her carefully. ‘Come on!’ She gets dragged to the entrance by Bora, her hand tightly in the smaller ones hold. ‘Calm down, the bar isn’t going anywhere!’ Bora huffs and lets go of her hand, taking a breath. ‘I want to talk to her before her set. It starts at 7:30!’ Bora runs a hand through her hair and they head straight for the bar. ‘Hey, is Siyeon here yet?’ The bartender raises an eyebrow at her small figure and nods. ‘She’s getting ready. Should be out for her usual tea before going on stage.’ Bora smiles widely and orders herself a drink, saying she’ll pay for Siyeon’s tea as well. The bartender nods and looks over to Minji. ‘And what can I get you, miss?’ Minji requests a glass of red wine, making a point of mentioning that Bora is paying for her as well. Bora rolls her eyes playfully and looks around the bar, hoping to quickly spot the singer.


 

Minji is soon left alone at the bar. Bora spotted Siyeon and went to chat with the singer before she’d start her set. ‘Hey, you made it!’ Bora smiles widely at Siyeon, the singer’s gentle hands wrapping around the cup of tea Bora’s holding out for her. ‘Here, the bartender said you like to have tea before you perform.’ Siyeon looks down at the tea in awe. Her heart warms at Bora’s sweet gesture. ‘You didn’t have to but thank you.’ The smaller girl simply shrugs, feeling her cheeks heat up. Siyeon takes a sip of her tea and sighs in relief as the warm liquid slides down . Bora watches her drink, eyes fixated on the singer’s lips. ‘How has work been? I hope you’re getting enough rest…’ Siyeon pouts at her and Bora can’t help but giggle. ‘It’s been busy but I’m fine. I managed to finish on time today to come see you after all.’ Siyeon smiles widely at this, hand reaching out to hold Bora’s small one. ‘And for that I’m very grateful.’ Bora bites her bottom lip, staring at their hands shyly. Her heart beats loudly in her chest as she tries to gather her courage to ask the singer out. However, before she can, Siyeon is called by the sound technician. ‘Ah, we’ll be starting soon. I’ll talk to you after? Let me buy you a drink this time.’ Bora nods and feels Siyeon squeeze her hand before heading towards the stage. Defeated,Bora pops back up next to Minji to drag her to a table. ‘Come on, she’s starting her set soon!’ Bora watches longingly at the singer as she sets up on stage.

 

Even for the smallest movements

I can’t but respond

 

They take a seat at one of the free tables right in front of the stage. Bora buys them both a refill on their drinks and they chat for a bit, while waiting for the live performance to start. ‘So, did you ask her out yet?’ Minji sips her wine as Bora blushes and sputters. ‘I tried to… She’s just so pretty and sweet! She kept asking me how the catering gig is going and if I’m getting enough rest and-’ Minji puts her hand up against her friend’s lips. ‘We get it. You’re gay.’ Bora huffs and slaps her hand away. She looks up at her with determination. ‘I’ll ask her after the performance, okay? She wanted to buy me a drink as thanks for me buying her tea.’ Minji nods sassily and Bora squints at her. ‘What about you?’ Minji leans back in her chair and tilts her head. ‘What do you mean?’ Bora sighs and points at her friend. ‘When are you getting into the dating game?’

 

Minji frowns and shrugs. Bora raises her eyebrows at her in question, still pointing at her. As she sees Minji’s mouth open to answer, Siyeon introduces herself on stage, effectively taking Bora’s attention away from Minji. Bora sways along with the music, eyes on Siyeon the whole time. Siyeon also can't take her eyes away from the girl in front of the stage. She’s been having trouble keeping her thoughts away from the girl more and more lately. Making sure to sing her heart out to Bora, Siyeon tightly grips her microphone for the final song. Bora smiles widely and applauds her with the rest of the patrons, but Bora’s cheers are the only ones that reach Siyeon’s ears.

 

***

 

Siyeon smiles as she sits by the bar with Bora, having bought the girl and herself a mojito, assuming the girl is driving herself home. ‘I’ve heard you sing quite a few times now, yet I still can’t get over how amazing you sound.’ Siyeon blushes at the compliment and turns to watch a drop of condensation slide off the side of her glass, down on the coaster underneath it. ‘Thank you. Wish I could say the same, but I’ve yet to see you dance or try more of your delicious food.’ She raises an eyebrow suggestively at the older woman next to her, who squirms under her gaze. ‘I… Well, we could change that?’ Bora takes a deep breath and looks Siyeon in the eye. It’s now or never. She gently reaches out and takes Siyeon’s hand in hers, loving her warmth. ‘I have the next weekend off. Would you want to join me for dinner?’ Siyeon smiles widely, squeezing her hand. ‘I’d love that, Bora.’ At her positive answer, Bora’s lips break out into a wide smile, her cheeks turning more red.

 

Siyeon chuckles and leans in close, her own cheeks turning a rosy pink. ‘Just to be sure though, this IS a date, right, Miss Kim?’ Bora bites her lips and nods, trying to keep herself from squealing as Siyeon’s face dips to place a gentle kiss on Bora’s hand. ‘I look forward to it.’ Siyeon grabs her phone and sets it in her calendar, making sure she wouldn’t be interrupted on their date. ‘It’s official now!’ Bora chuckles and nods, turning to the stage where another singer is now performing. Her voice is more gentle than Siyeon’s, but doesn’t compare in Bora’s eyes. ‘Bora, thanks so much for coming again. Send me the details through text?’ Bora nods happily, a million different recipes already running through her mind. ‘I will. I actually have to get my friend home still and get back home myself because I have to work tomorrow, but I really had a lot of fun seeing you again.’ They share a sweet smile, and Bora even finds the courage to place a sweet kiss on Siyeon’s cheek, to which the singer blushes furiously. Waving goodbye, Bora walks over to drag her friend out of the bar.

 

‘Guess who has a date next saturday?!’ She excitedly waves back at Siyeon one last time and pulls Minji towards the exit. ‘Didn’t think you’d pull it off, Bora. I’m happy for you.’ The 2 friends smile at each other widely. ‘Thank you for coming along. Let’s get you home so you can wake up at an ungodly hour to make those delicious pastries of yours.’ Laughing, Bora drives them back to Minji’s place before heading to her own home. Once there, she puts on some music and happily dances around her living room while thinking of recipes Siyeon might like.

 

Baby you know it (Know it)

Know baby you know it

 

‘What do you mean you went on a date yesterday?!’ Minji holds a hand over her ear, using the other to keep Bora at a distance. ‘Calm down. I told you she ran me over and we had a drink after her performance.’ Bora huffs and crosses her arms, annoyed that her friend didn’t tell her earlier. ‘And she drove you home and you guys made plans again? How is it I’ve spent weeks trying to muster up the courage to ask Siyeon out, and you just go and literally get a girl to fall for you?’ Minji chuckles and shrugs before turning to close her shop. ‘Turns out she’s a friend of Siyeon’s as well. They’re both preparing for their debut.’ Bora gasps and slaps Minji’s arm. ‘You could’ve told me that first!’ Chuckling at her smaller friend, she walks with her to her car. ‘Does it matter that much?’

 

They get into Minji’s car and drive over to the city. Bora wants to go shopping for a nice outfit to wear on her date with Siyeon on saturday. ‘We’re going out to eat at a colleague’s restaurant so I want to look fancy and y!’ In the end, they agreed to go out for dinner rather than Bora making dinner for them. Bora was feeling too nervous as it’s their first date, and she suddenly had a lot of extra work over the past days. Siyeon eagerly agreed, finding a restaurant more suitable to have their first date as well and just wanting to have a good time with Bora. Minji follows her through various stores, pointing out different outfits that would suit her well. Once she settles on an outfit, consisting of a tight black knee-height dress that perfectly shows off her body, they decide to grab a drink at one of the cafe’s around town before heading back home. ‘Let’s grab some bubble tea?’ Bora nods excitedly at the suggestion and skips alongside Minji towards the bubble tea shop, a big smile on her face. ‘I can’t wait for tomorrow! When are you going on that date with Yoohyeon?’ Minji shrugs. Bora steps forward to order for the both of them, as thanks to Minji for indulging her today. ‘She has another performance soon in town and she wants to go out for dinner after it. She didn’t mention a date yet though.’ Bora hands Minji her bubble tea and pats her on the shoulder. ‘I’m sure she will soon! Siyeon’s small performances pop up at random sometimes too.’

 

***

 

Siyeon frowns, hands on her hips as she looks down at her friend sprawled out on her couch. ‘You really fell hard for this girl, didn’t you?’ She smiles at the way Yoohyeon instantly nods excitedly and sits up to make space for Siyeon to join her on the couch. ‘She’s just so pretty and sweet! She owns a small bakery and promised to make me a cake for my debut!’ Siyeon watches her friend swoon and chuckles. Yoohyeon deserves someone sweet like the girl she’s described to her. She should ask Bora about her friend after their date tomorrow. ‘Alright kid, time to focus on my date first. You’re here to help me pick out an outfit, not swoon over your own crush.’ Yoohyeon chuckles and with a nod follows Siyeon into her bedroom. The latter opens her closet and starts rummaging through. After a while, they settle on a 3-piece grey suit, complete with a black shirt underneath and black dress-shoes. Siyeon high fives her friend excitedly.

 

***

 

Perhaps we are similar

Thinking the same thoughts

Seemingly wanting for something oh

 

Bora bites her lip nervously, waiting near the entrance of her friend’s restaurant for Siyeon. She came much too early, as per usual, eyeing the warm restaurant in front of her. Siyeon chuckles softly to herself as she sees a fidgety Bora stand by the entrance. Slowly, she sneaks up on her, wrapping an arm around her waist, effectively causing her to shriek and turn towards her. ‘Good evening.’ Bora smacks Siyeon’s shoulder with a playful scowl. ‘Ya! I told you to stop doing that!’ Siyeon chuckles and tightens her hold around her small waist, warming Bora’s body up. She reminisces about their first encounter, when she’d also snuck up on the older girl. ‘My apologies. Please forgive me and let me take you to dinner?’ Bora chuckles at the sly singer, nodding softly. ‘Fine. Let’s go.’ Smiling at each other, they walk in, Bora having already asked which table would be theirs earlier, as she knows the owner and was much too early anyway.

 

Once seated, they happily look over the menu, Bora giving Siyeon tips and explaining some of the menu items. Siyeon listens to her intently, loving the way Bora sounds as she explains the different ingredients and techniques used. They settle on their orders and enjoy each other’s company, indulging themselves with a glass of red wine. Bora takes a sip, shyly looking at Siyeon across from her. Since they sat down, she was able to fully see Siyeon’s outfit for their date. Her heart starts beating faster at the sight of Siyeon in a suit. She looks handsome, gorgeous, and is taking Bora’s breath away. At the same time, Siyeon sneakily glances at the way Bora’s shoulders and arms are a striking contrast to the black dress she’s wearing. Her curves are perfectly highlighted, and Siyeon would be lying if she says she hadn’t had her eyes on Bora’s lovely swaying and hips as she led them to their table.

 

Did you slip in through open doors and sit down

Just to look at me like that every day

 

Dinner is over much too quickly for their liking, but neither of them is the type to simply sit still. So, they decide to take a walk, enjoy the evening air, and chat some more. Walking side by side comfortably, Siyeon tells Bora about her upcoming debut. ‘I’ll be sure to buy your first album.’ Siyeon chuckles and runs a hand through her hair shyly. ‘No worries, I’ll get you a free copy.’ Bora covers and pretends to be shocked. ‘Omo! Will you sign it too?’ Laughing, Siyeon nods. ‘Whatever you want, Bora.’ Chuckling, she bumps her shoulder against the singer’s. ‘Then I can display it at my first restaurant. It’ll be the start of my wall of fame.’ Siyeon blushes and plays with her hands, a nervous tick she’s had for years. ‘I guess I should perform at the opening then.’ Bora stops walking, looking over at her with a gentle smile. ‘I’d love that.’

 

When our two eyes meet I want to stop singing

And draw closer to whisper oh nah

 

Siyeon notices the slight shiver that runs through Bora’s small frame and instantly takes off her suit jacket. Bora’s eyes widen and she holds up a hand to stop her but Siyeon simply smiles and wraps the jacket around her shivering shoulders tightly. ‘Don’t worry, this vest is thicker than it looks.’ Bora blushes, looking at Siyeon with a sweet smile. ‘Thanks so much. You’re really too sweet.’ Siyeon keeps her hands on Bora’s shoulders, rubbing softly up and down her arms to warm her up more. She looks down at her with a blush on her cheeks and takes a deep breath. ‘Bora, can I hug you.’ She doesn’t get a verbal answer, instead, Bora steps in closer, wrapping her arms around Siyeon’s waist and laying her head on her chest. Siyeon smiles, feeling the heat rise up her neck and cheeks, all the way to her ears, and wraps her arms tightly around Bora’s shoulders, laying her cheek against her head.

 

I feel I love you

Oh I love you

 

Bora closes her eyes, enjoying Siyeon’s warmth as the taller girl rubs gentle circles on her back. Siyeon has an earthy smell to her, soothing Bora further and making her want to melt into her more. ‘It’s getting late…’ Siyeon runs a hand through Bora’s hair, amazed at how soft it is as it slips between her fingers. Bora hums against her. ‘We should probably start heading back to our cars.’ Siyeon speaks softly. She doesn’t want to break the moment but it is getting quite late and she only got this Saturday off by promising to go into the recording studio tomorrow. Bora grunts against her neck, causing goosebumps to rise on Siyeon’s skin. ‘I’m sorry, sweetie, but I have to work tomorrow.’ Pouting, Bora finally looks back up at her. Siyeon melts and leans in, kissing her forehead. ‘We can have another date again soon, if you’d like to.’

 

Oh I like you

Do I know you? Oh ah

 

Bora’s pout turns into a blinding smile, her grip tightening around Siyeon. ‘I’d love to go on another date with you, Siyeon.’ Siyeon smiles down at her and hugs her tightly once more. ‘I think I like you quite a bit, Bora.’ Siyeon takes in her smell, nuzzling into her hair. Bora smiles against her chest, squeezing her once more. ‘I think I like you too, Siyeon.’ The pair slowly make their way back to the car park near the restaurant, hands clasped tightly together. Once at her car, Bora tries to return Siyeon’s jacket, to which the singer holds up a hand. ‘No, keep it. Don’t want you to catch a cold on the way from your car to your home.’ Bora smiles and thanks her with a kiss on the cheek, something Siyeon can see herself getting used to. She watches as Bora drives off and skips to her own car happily.

 

***

 

Siyeon smiles at the girl laying on her lap. It’s their 3rd date and Bora decided to show off her cooking skills by inviting Siyeon for a picnic. Siyeon has a week off before her debut preparations thanks to finishing her recording early. Instead, Yoohyeon will be busier than ever this week before her own week off. Bora’s eyes are closed, breathing slowly and content as she uses Siyeon’s lap as a pillow. Siyeon reaches down, caressing her cheek gently, brushing stray hairs out of her face. Her heart races as Bora reaches up wordlessly, holding her hand over Siyeon’s own, nuzzling into the singer’s palm with a smile.

 

I think I love you (Love you)

Oh I love you (Love you)

 

She finds herself tracing her thumb along Bora’s facial features slowly. From the slope of her nose, to the curve of her cheeks and her thin perfect lips, Siyeon loves it all. Her eyes widen as the realisation hits her, freezing with her hand hovering above Bora’s lips. Bora notices the odd lack of movement and opens her eyes to find Siyeon staring off into space. She turns her head, trying to figure out what caught Siyeon’s attention but not being able to. She sits up, caressing Siyeon’s cheeks. The singer instantly locks her eyes back onto Bora’s, blinking slowly. ‘Hey, are you alright?’ Siyeon blushes, nodding softly at her. Bora frowns as Siyeon’s face heats up under her hands. The way she’s acting makes her worry Siyeon is feeling sick.

 

Oh I like you (Like you)

Maybe you’ll feel it, too

 

‘You sure? You’re feeling warmer and look so out of it… Do you feel sick?’ As Siyeon figures out a way to answer, Bora turns to reach for the picnic basket, pulling out a small bottle of water. ‘Here, drink.’ Siyeon takes the bottle with a soft smile, taking a few sips. It does help her gather her thoughts a bit. Bora watches her closely as she drinks, worried for the girl. ‘Feel better?’ Siyeon puts down the bottle next to her and pulls Bora against her more. Bora naturally finds her curling into the girl, head resting against her shoulder. ‘I always feel better when I’m around you, Bora.’ Siyeon absentmindedly runs a hand through Bora’s dark hair, taking a deep breath. Bora’s heart rate picks up as Siyeon holds her close, massaging her scalp and playing with her hair.


 

If you are now going to approach me

Don’t hesitate and come

 

‘I like having you around me. You just make me feel at ease, and it’s so easy to fool around and talk to you.’ Bora raises her head slowly, blushing and searching for an answer in Siyeon’s eyes. ‘Siyeon-’ The singer holds a finger to her lips, shushing her. ‘I don’t think there’s a moment of my day anymore where you’re not on my mind. I look forward to talking to you on the phone everyday, and just the simple notification of your text message makes my heart swell.’ Bora starts tearing up. It’s this poetic side of Siyeon that reminds her that she is indeed a singer. Siyeon caresses her cheek, nervously pinching the fabric of Bora’s sweater. ‘I don’t think I can take another day of not being able to call you mine.’ A happy tear slips down Bora’s cheek, towards her lips stretched into a wide smile. ‘Kim Bora, I wish I had some grand gesture planned out, but I simply can’t wait that long. Will you give me the absolute honour of being able to call you my girlfriend?’

 

Let’s skip awkward greetings

Like old lovers

 

Bora’s answer comes in the form of a kiss. Their lips press together softly. Siyeon can taste Bora’s salty tears and pulls her closer. Breaking the kiss with a smile, Bora looks at her, tears still in her eyes. ‘Yes, Siyeon. I’d love to be your girlfriend!’ Siyeon smiles excitedly and Bora lets the realisation of being Siyeon’s girlfriend take over, pushing her now girlfriend over and placing kisses all over her face happily. ‘Lee Siyeon is my girlfriend!’ Siyeon chuckles and holds her closer, loving the affectionate girl’s kisses. Pausing to laugh, Bora looks down at her for a moment before leaning in and capturing Siyeon in another sweet kiss.

 

***End of Flashback***

 

I feel I love you

Oh I love you

Oh I like you (Do-ru-doo)

Do I know you? Oh ah

 

Gahyeon has tears in her eyes and hugs her moms tightly. ‘You’re so romantic!’ The adults laugh around her and Yoohyeon rolls her eyes playfully. ‘Well, it’s no musical performance but…’ Siyeon leans over to slap her friend. ‘Hey, she’s allowed to be biased towards her mothers.’ Bora kisses her little one on the head and watches as she yawns into her hand. ‘Getting tired, baby?’ The kid nods but turns towards her other aunt ‘But Binnie story…’ Yubin looks over at the small girl as she gets off her mother’s lap and waddles towards her. She picks her up and lets her curl up on her lap with a smile. ‘Last one for the night, I suppose?’ Yubin looks over at the girl’s parents for approval and smiles as they nod at her. ‘Gahyeonnie isn’t the only one who never heard the full story after all. But then it’s straight to bed young lady!’ Gahyeon nods excitedly at her mom before turning to smile at Handong.

 

Bora and Siyeon cuddle up together, Bora also getting tired after a long day. Minji gets up to add some wood to the fireplace and offers everyone another round of tea and biscuits.

 

I think I love you (Love you)

Oh I love you (Love you)

Oh I like you (Like you)

Maybe you’ll feel it, too

 
 
___________________________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed! Last but not least will be DaDong! This has been so much fun to write so far :3

Stay healthy and safe everyone!

hmu on twitter if ya want @deukae_sha1