Angel 2 me

Christmas with you

Minji curls up into Yoohyeon’s arms, pressing a soft kiss to her neck as she listens to their friends chat. The fireplace crackles and pops softly, warming up the room. Bora and Siyeon look over to their daughter sitting on the carpet in front of the fireplace, Cherry and Pie curled up against her. Gahyeon yawns into her hand and all the adults instantly coo at her.

 

‘Getting tired, baby?’ She stubbornly shakes her head and turns to her parents. ‘No, I want to stay up with you longer!’ She gets up, jumping on the couch, right in between Yoohyeon and Siyeon. ‘Can you tell me a story?’ Yoohyeon chuckles and wraps an arm around the kid. ‘What kind of story, princess?’ Gahyeon taps her small finger against her chin, deep in thought. Handong chuckles at the cute frown on her face, Yubin smiling at her girlfriend happily. ‘I want to hear your story!’ Minji sits up slightly, lifting an eyebrow at the kid. ‘Our story?’ Nodding excitedly, she points at her parents. ‘Mom and Mommy always tell me stories of how they met you guys!’

 

Bora smiles affectionately at their daughter and cuddles into her wife’s side. ‘Well, maybe you want to hear the story of how Yoohyeon and Minji met this time?’ Her eyes widen, sparkling with intrigue. ‘Can you tell me please?! I love storytime!’ Yoohyeon shrugs and turns to look at her wife. ‘Sure, Gahyeon. It’s a long story though. Do you think you can stay up that long?’ Again, she nods eagerly. Yoohyeon pulls her closer and smiles at her wife and friends. ‘Well, where to start?’ Siyeon snorts and pulls her wife closer. ‘Maybe with your useless attempts at flirting when you first met?’ Yoohyeon playfully glares at her. Minji is the one that decides to start the story. ‘I remember the first time I saw your auntie Yoohyeon…’

 

***Flashback***


 

‘Come on! Siyeon is doing a set tonight, please come along?’ Bora pouts at her best friend. Bora has been flirting with the singer for a while now. Since she saw her at an event she helped cater. Minji sighs. She’s not even halfway through the orders she has to prepare for her baking deliveries due in a few days. However, a small break at a bar with live music does sound inviting. ‘I’ll pay for all your drinks, promise! Please, I think I can finally ask her out properly tonight!’ Free drinks? Minji stares at her friend a moment longer, Bora shrinks under the weight of her stare, hands tightly clasped together. ‘Fine. But you’re driving me home on time! I really need to wake up early to get back to baking if I go with you tonight.’ Bora fistpumps the air and hugs her tightly. ‘Yes! Thank you! I’ll pick you up at 7! Time to get dressed!’ Minji shakes her head as Bora hops out of the kitchen.

 

She decides to use the time left to finish up one last batch of bread rolls and heads up to her room to get ready for tonight. Not exactly knowing what the dress code for the bar is, she decides to go for a semi-casual look. She picks out her favourite pair of jeans, matching them with a plain white tee and a salmon pink blazer on top. Grabbing her favourite pair of white sneakers, she smiles. ‘Perfect.’ Taking a shower quickly, she gets dressed and looks at the clock. It’s 10 to 7, which means. ‘I’M HERE LET’S GO!’ That indeed, Kim Bora would be there too early, eager as she is to see her crush. ‘Coming!’ Minji yells back, putting on her glasses and grabbing her bag. She makes sure her small bakery is properly locked up before hopping into the passenger seat of her small friend’s car.

 

Bora nearly jumps out of her car once it’s safely parked behind the bar. Minji just laughs and gets out of the car, closing the door behind her carefully. ‘Come on!’ She gets dragged to the entrance by Bora, her hand tightly in the smaller ones hold. ‘Calm down, the bar isn’t going anywhere!’ Bora huffs and lets go of her hand, taking a breath. ‘I want to talk to her before her set. It starts at 7:30!’ Minji simply shakes her head and follows her inside. They head straight for the bar. ‘Hey, is Siyeon here yet?’ The bartender raises an eyebrow and nods. ‘She’s getting ready. Should be out for her usual tea before going on stage.’ Bora smiles widely and orders herself a drink, saying she’ll pay for Siyeon’s tea as well. The bartender nods and looks over to Minji. ‘And what can I get you, miss?’ Minji requests a glass of red wine, making a point of mentioning that Bora is paying for her as well.

 

Minji is soon left alone at the bar. Bora spotted Siyeon and went to chat with the singer before she’d start her set. Enjoying her wine, she bobs her head softly to the music being played in the bar. She can feel herself relax, the tension from working for the past days leaving her body slowly. Half an hour later, Bora pops back up next to her to drag her to a table. ‘Come on, she’s starting her set soon!’ Indeed, Minji looks up and finds Siyeon getting ready on stage, fixing up her mic stand and checking some final things with who Minji assumes to be the sound guy.

 

They take a seat at one of the free tables right in front of the stage. Bora buys them both a refill on their drinks and they chat for a bit, while waiting for the live performance to start. ‘So, did you ask her out yet?’ Minji sips her wine as Bora blushes and sputters. ‘I tried to… She’s just so pretty and sweet! She kept asking me how the catering gig is going and if I’m getting enough rest and-’ Minji puts her hand up against her friend’s lips. ‘We get it. You’re gay.’ Bora huffs and slaps her hand away. ‘I’ll ask her after the performance, okay? She wanted to buy me a drink as thanks for me buying her tea.’ Minji nods, eyebrows nearly disappearing in her hairline with the sass she’s exuding. ‘What about you?’ Minji leans back in her chair and tilts her head. ‘What do you mean?’ Bora sighs and points at her friend. ‘When are you getting into the dating game?’

 

Minji frowns and shrugs. She doesn’t have time to date if she wants her baking business to lift off properly. Besides, nobody has caught her attention yet anyway. As she’s about to answer, Siyeon introduces herself on stage, effectively taking Bora’s attention away from Minji. Sighing in relief, she too turns her eyes to the girl on stage and hopes Bora won’t bring it up again. Siyeon sings a few songs and Minji is amazed. Bora wasn’t lying when she said the girl had an amazing voice. She can see why she’s head over heels for her. That voice in combination with her looks and personality from what Bora has told her is a perfect fit for her small and loud friend.

 

***

 

Minji takes her glass back to the bar and thanks the bartender. Bora is chatting with Siyeon as they both finish their drinks. She decided to give them some space. She can’t help but smile as she watches the pair blatantly flirt with each other. Her friend’s happiness is important to her and she hasn’t seen Bora as happy as she has been since meeting Siyeon in this very bar. Minji runs a hand through her blonde hair, sighing. She leans her back against the bar, waiting for Bora to come so they can go home. She’s starting to feel the combination of the wine and her fatigue from work. She can’t wait to fall into her bed and into a deep slumber.

 

Lady I love you I just

wanna show you

From the way you touch me

and kiss me to the sparkle in your eye

 

Her gaze instantly turns to the stage as she hears someone singing softly. She wasn’t paying enough attention to realise there would be another live artist playing. Her voice is smooth like velvet. Minji blinks, eyes taking in the girl on stage. Her hair is long and coloured a dark grey. She’s wearing a floral long flowy dress that fits her figure perfectly. Minji is mesmerized. She’s pulled in by the girl’s voice and finds herself stepping away from the bar, straightening out her blazer. The singer looks around the bar as she sings, and her eyes meet Minji’s for a moment. For the first time in a long time, Minji’s heart skips a beat, and she gulps. The singer shoots her a sweet smile, causing a blush to rise up Minji’s cheeks.

 

Oh how I love you I just

feel so lost without you

With my love and intuition

you’ll never have to say goodbye

 

Bora comes up to her with a wide smile on her face and loops her arm through hers. ‘Guess who has a date next saturday?!’ She excitedly waves back at Siyeon and pulls Minji towards the exit. Blinking, she focuses on her friend. Before she knows it, they’re back in the car and Minji regains her composure. ‘Didn’t think you’d pull it off, Bora. I’m happy for you.’ The 2 friends smile at each other widely. ‘Thank you for coming along. Let’s get you home so you can wake up at an ungodly hour to make those delicious pastries of yours.’ Laughing, Bora drives them back to Minji’s place before heading to her own home.

 

***

 

Minji hums to herself as she puts the last hands on her pastries. After hours of work, she’s finally done for the day. Packing everything in boxes, she sets it all up to be delivered the next day. As she’s cleaning up, her mind drifts back to last night. Bora was so excited about her date with Siyeon that Minji didn’t get a chance to ask if she knew the other performer.

 

Yesterday my heart was in a rush

because you were so pretty

I didn't even know your name

it wasn't important

 

She takes a seat at her kitchen counter, biting her lip and taking out her phone. She contemplates texting Bora to ask her, but then she’d never hear the end of it. Groaning, she leans back, staring at her ceiling. ‘Who are you? And why do I want to get to know you?’ Mumbling to herself, she closes her eyes and blushes. She recalls the way the singer smiled at her when their eyes met. She can’t help but feel it wasn’t just her smiling at the audience. Minji feels like the singer really saw her.

 

it felt a bit weird

when our eyes met ,really it was like you were mine

 

Minji decides to take a walk around town, hoping it’d get her mind off of the girl from the bar. She’d been cooped up indoors for the past few days. Some fresh air will do her good. She thinks.

 

***

 

Somehow, her legs dragged her all the way through town and towards the bar. Biting her lip, she shakes her head and walks past the building, eyes trained on the floor. She hears hurried footsteps coming towards her quickly. Just as she looks up, she collides with whoever was running full speed in her direction, and they both end up on the floor. ‘Omg, I’m so sorry! Are you okay? Ah, I’m so clumsy. Seriously, are you alright?’ A frantic but sweet voice calls out to her as she feels the weight of the stranger get off her. Tilting her head up, nearly falls open, throat running dry. It’s the singer from last night. Her hair is tousled because of the fall and she’s flushed, either from the running or embarrassment, still catching her breath. ‘Omg, I didn’t give you a concussion, did I?’ She reaches out to Minji, gently checking her head for any wounds.

 

your tangled up hair, that tender breath

what is this feeling? my heart

 

Shaking her head, Minji gathers her thoughts and stutters out an answer. ‘N-No, I’m fine! Just surprised is all.’ Minji melts at the smile that finds its way onto the girl’s face. She sighs in relief. ‘Thank god for that.’ She gets up, blushing and offering Minji her hand. She takes it and is pulled up carefully. ‘I really am sorry for bumping into you. Ehm, the name is Yoohyeon!’ She shakes the hand she’s already holding and Minji chuckles. The girl is much less intimidating like this. ‘Minji. I think I saw you perform at the bar last night?’ Minji bites her lip, trying to keep calm. Yoohyeon nods, a blush spreading up from her neck all the way to the tips of her ears. Her eyes widen suddenly. ‘Yes! Actually, I’m late for my set now. Can I make it up to you after?’ Smiling, Minji nods and accompanies her to the bar.

 

oh I really can’t explain

someday will you love me as well?

 

Minji swoons at Yoohyeon’s velvety voice. As she performs, it feels like she’s serenading Minji, their eyes locked onto each other the whole time. Once her set is over and she receives the applause from the audience, Yoohyeon heads to the staff room to pick up her bag. Taking out her phone, she texts her best friend in a panic.

 

Yoohyeon: Siyeon! SOS! Pretty girl!

 

Siyeon: Useless lesbian, talk to her? Is this the same pretty girl you saw last night?

 

Yoohyeon: Yes… She’s too pretty, help! I ran into her literally earlier bc I was late for my set and I offered to make it up to her but idk how?!!!

 

Siyeon: Bro, just buy her a drink and chat?? I’ve gotta get into the recording studio rn, let me know how it goes!

 

Yoohyeon sighs. Of course the ever confident Siyeon wouldn’t give her any useful tips. Yoohyeon reminds herself to tease Siyeon the next time she blabbers about that Bora girl. ‘C’mon Yoohyeon, you can do this!’ Hyping herself up, she steps back out into the bar and takes a deep breath as she locks eyes with Minji, who’s sat at the bar. She walks towards her, shyly wringing her hands together in front of her. Minji smiles up at her as she nears her. ‘That was an amazing performance, Yoohyeon. I love your voice.’ Yoohyeon blushes furiously, quickly sitting down and looking down at her lap. ‘Thank you.’

 

I am ready

Baby give me just one chance

 

Yoohyeon turns to Minji, melting at her dazzling smile. ‘I’m really sorry for bumping into you like that earlier. How can I make it up to you?’ Minji feels bad for the girl. Nobody got hurt, and Minji got to see her perform a full set. There was no harm done. ‘It’s really fine. Hearing you sing again was already a treat.’ The blush on Yoohyeon’s cheeks deepens, her eyes stuck on Minji’s sparkly ones. ‘Are you an angel?’ She blurts it out without realising and is instantly prepared to take it back but Minji’s sweet laughter makes her smile. ‘I don’t think so. Last time I checked.’ Yoohyeon laughs along with her, her heart fluttering in her chest.

 

‘I did fall for you quite literally today, I might be biased.’ This elicits another sweet laugh from Minji. Yoohyeon brightens, glad she can make her laugh like that. Minji sets a hand over Yoohyeon’s on the bar. ‘You’re sweet.’ Yoohyeon bites her lip, loving the way Minji’s warm hand wraps around her own. ‘Can I buy you a drink?’ Minji smiles and nods. ‘I’d like that.’ Yoohyeon calls over the bartender and orders them both some red wine. They bring their glasses together to cheers on their meeting.

 

‘So you’re a singer?’ Minji sips her wine as she awaits an answer. Yoohyeon nods shyly and fiddles with her glass. ‘Yeah. I perform here and there as I prepare for my official debut. Actually, my friend that performed before me last night is also almost debuting.’ Minji laughs, tilting her head back. The singer simply smiles, waiting for an explanation as to why that’s so funny. ‘Sorry, but this is too good to be true. I was here last night with my friend because she has a crush on Siyeon.’ Yoohyeon’s eyes widen comically. ‘Bora is your friend? Oh, Siyeon is going to have a fit when I tell her.’ The girls laugh together, enjoying their drinks.

 

‘I really should be getting home, Yoohyeon. It was really nice chatting with you.’ Yoohyeon nods as she walks Minji out of the bar. ‘Do you have a ride home? Or do you live nearby?’ Minji suddenly remembers her spontaneous walk across town and shakes her head. ‘I kind of took a walk across town without realising. I was trying to clear my head and somehow ended up out here.’ Blushing, she runs a hand through her hair. Yoohyeon smiles at her and points at the parking lot. ‘I can drive you home, if you don’t mind?’ Minji smiles softly and lets Yoohyeon lead her to her car. ‘Thank you, Yoohyeon.’ The singer shakes her head and starts up her car. ‘It’s the least I can do. Just tell me where to go.’

 

Lady I love you I just

wanna show you

 

Minji hums to herself happily after getting home. She’d exchanged phone numbers with Yoohyeon and made a promise to be there for her next performance. After taking a shower and relaxing on her living room couch, she receives a text from Yoohyeon.

 

Yoohyeon: I had a great time tonight, Minji. Could we meet again sometime?

 

Minji smiles and types away on her phone quickly.

 

Minji: Depends, will you run me over again?

 

Yoohyeon huffs at her phone but a smile settles on her lips anyway. She replies quickly, curled up on her bed.

 

Yoohyeon: I’ll try not to. But I can’t promise I won’t fall for you again…

 

Yoohyeon bites her lip as she waits for Minji’s reply. It’s much easier to flirt over text than in person. But she also can’t gauge the other’s reaction like this.

 

Minji: I don’t think I’d mind that…

 

The 2 spend the rest of the evening giggling in their homes, chatting away on their phones. At some point, Minji falls asleep with a soft smile on her face, phone resting in her hand, buzzing quietly.

 

Yoohyeon: You must be tired. Sleep well, angel. <3

 

***

 

‘What do you mean you went on a date yesterday?!’ Minji holds a hand over her ear, using the other to keep Bora at a distance. ‘Calm down. I told you she ran me over and we had a drink after her performance.’ Bora huffs and crosses her arms. ‘And she drove you home and you guys made plans again? How is it I’ve spent weeks trying to muster up the courage to ask Siyeon out, and you just go and literally get a girl to fall for you?’ Minji chuckles and shrugs before turning to close her shop. ‘Turns out she’s a friend of Siyeon’s as well. They’re both preparing for their debut.’ Bora gasps and slaps Minji’s arm. ‘You could’ve told me that first!’ Chuckling at her smaller friend, she walks with her to her car. ‘Does it matter that much?’

 

They get into Minji’s car and drive over to the city. Bora wants to go shopping for a nice outfit to wear on her date with Siyeon on saturday. ‘We’re going out to eat at a colleague’s restaurant so I want to look fancy and y!’ Minji nods and follows her friend through various stores, pointing out different outfits that would suit her well. Once she settles on an outfit, they decide to grab a drink at one of the cafe’s around town before heading back home. ‘Let’s grab some bubble tea?’ Bora nods excitedly and skips alongside her towards the bubble tea shop, a big smile on her face. ‘I can’t wait for tomorrow! When are you going on that date with Yoohyeon?’ Minji shrugs. They agreed to go out for dinner after Yoohyeon’s next performance at another bar in town, but they didn’t settle on a date yet. ‘She has another performance soon in town and she wants to go out for dinner after it. She didn’t mention a date yet though.’

 

***

 

Yoohyeon stares at the ceiling with a dopey smile on her face. Siyeon frowns at her, hands on her hips as she looks down at her friend sprawled out on her couch. ‘You really fell hard for this girl, didn’t you?’ She smiles at the way Yoohyeon instantly nods excitedly and sits up to make space for Siyeon to join her on the couch. ‘She’s just so pretty and sweet! She owns a small bakery and promised to make me a cake for my debut!’ Siyeon watches her friend swoon and chuckles. Yoohyeon deserves someone sweet like the girl she’s described to her. She should ask Bora about her friend after their date tomorrow. ‘Alright kid, time to focus on my date first. You’re here to help me pick out an outfit, not swoon over your own crush.’ Yoohyeon chuckles and with a nod follows Siyeon into her bedroom. The latter opens her closet and starts rummaging through.

 

From the way you touch me

and kiss me to the

sparkle in your eye

 

Yoohyeon: I hope you’ve been having a good day, Minji :3 Are you free next Tuesday night?

 

Minji: I’ve been out with Bora most of the day so I’m knackered but fine haha

Tuesday I’ll be baking all day again.. I have another delivery due wednesday, sorry :(

 

Yoohyeon: Aww, it’s alright. We can meet when you’re less busy. :) Just let me know when you’re free. After Tuesday, I won’t have any performances for a little while!

 

Minji: I’ll be sure to keep you updated Yooh! How was your day?

 

The pair end up chatting throughout the weekend, keeping each other company in between work and meeting with their friends to gush about their date. Tuesday rolls around and Minji hasn’t been able to talk to Yoohyeon all day due to the stack of deliveries due the next morning. She wipes the sweat off her brow and moves to the sink to wash her face and grab a glass of water. It’s getting hotter in the kitchen as time goes, the oven and stoves having worked nonstop all day. She goes back to kneading more dough, keeping an eye on the timer for her previous batch that’s in the oven. Sighing, she focuses on work.

 

Oh how I love you I just feel

so lost without you

With my love and intuition

you’ll never have to say goodbye

 

Yoohyeon fiddles with her fingers, leaning against the side of her car. She’s standing right outside Minji’s shop, contemplating whether she should go in or not. The girl seemed stressed over this delivery when they talked last night and Yoohyeon just finished her performance in town. It seems like an ideal way to still get their date going. Taking a deep breath, she attempts to call Minji on the phone to make her presence known, rather than attempting to enter or knock. The phone rings a few times until finally her angelic voice floods Yoohyeon’s ears.

 

Hello?’ Yoohyeon bites her lips and takes a shaky breath. ‘Minji, it’s me, Yoohyeon. How are you?’ She hears Minji chuckle on the other side. ‘I saw the caller ID, Yoohyeon. I’m knackered and in over my head in this delivery. I’ll be lucky if I finish the last batch before midnight… How are you, why the sudden call?’ Biting her lip, she pushes herself away from her car and walks over to the shop. Standing right outside the door, she can see lights on in the back, probably Minji’s kitchen. ‘My performance ended and you sounded so stressed last night. I wondered if you might want some company?’ Swaying side to side nervously, she hears Minji move around on her end. ‘Yoohyeon, what do you mean?’ She knocks on the door softly, hearing the echo on the phone.

 

Minji raises her eyebrows in surprise as she hears the knock reverb from her phone and the front of her shop. She walks towards the front of her shop, phone still pressed against her ear. As she opens the door that leads the store front, she sees a figure standing by the entrance, smiling softly at her and waving. ‘Hi, Minji. Would you mind letting me in? It’s getting a bit chilly out here.’ Minji instantly clicks away the call and puts her phone in her pocket, speed walking over to the door and unlocking it. ‘Yoohyeon! What are you doing here?’ Yoohyeon pockets her own phone and steps into Minji’s warm shop. The sweet smell of pastries and fresh bread surrounds her, mixed with Minji’s own lavender scent.

 

‘I told you, I thought you might want some company.’ She blushes and fidgets in place. ‘I can go if you want me to. I just wanted to see you.’ Minji’s heart melts at her words, taking her hands in hers to stop her from nervously fidgeting. ‘You’re more than welcome to stay, Yoohyeon. I’m sorry I couldn’t watch your performance.’ Yoohyeon shakes her head and squeezes Minji’s hands tightly. ‘You’re busy with work, I get it. Can I help somehow?’ Minji smiles and pulls her along to her kitchen. ‘Your company is already more than enough, Yooh.’ The tall girl smiles at the nickname and takes a seat at the kitchen counter, watching as Minji pulls some cups out of a cupboard. ‘Would you like some coffee?’ Yoohyeon accepts the offer, smiling back sweetly.

 

Got me singing that

I need you desperately

Ain’t no reason that

you gotta question me

 

‘So you get a week off before recording starts for your official debut?’ Yoohyeon nods and sips her coffee as she watches Minji work. It’s mesmerizing to watch as Minji kneads and forms the dough into delicious breads and pastries, nimble fingers adding details she hasn’t seen before. ‘Siyeon finished her recording early and will do more events now, while I get to gather my strength for the recording process. It’ll be tough but I can’t wait for my debut.’ Minji looks up from her latest creations and smiles at her. ‘I’m already your biggest fan!’ Yoohyeon blushes and tries to hide behind her cup as Minji chuckles at her. ‘You’re so cute when you blush.’ The singer looks down into her cup as she smiles. ‘Thank you.’

 

After a few hours of Minji softly humming while baking, she finally pulls the last batch out of the oven and sets it aside to cool down. ‘I’m finally done!’ Yoohyeon claps in her seat, smiling brightly at her. ‘Job well done! These all look amazing!’ It’s Minji’s turn to blush again, putting a lock of her hair behind her ear. ‘Thank you. I’d offer you a pastry but it’s already quite late.’ It’s only then that Yoohyeon checks the time, her phone displaying it’s well past midnight already. ‘Wow, I didn’t realise it’s this late already!’ She bites her lip. She was too entranced by the baker that she felt like she’d only been there for half an hour, not 5 hours.

 

Minji smiles at her and takes off her apron, rubbing a towel across her face in case she had any flour on her. ‘Wait, there’s some-’ Yoohyeon leans over the counter and wipes away a piece of dough stuck on Minji’s jaw. The 2 lock eyes and instantly look away, blushing furiously. ‘Thanks…’ Biting her lip and looking out her window, Minji contemplates her next move. ‘Yoohyeon?’ The singer looks up, face still flushed. ‘It’s late and dark out. I wouldn’t feel comfortable with letting you drive home at this time. Would you like to spend the night?’ Minji’s big eyes look at her with hope, making Yoohyeon’s heart nearly beat out of her chest. ‘I- I’d love to, thank you.’ Minji walks over to her and offers her a hand, which Yoohyeon takes instantly.

 

She leads them up to her apartment above the shop, unlocking the door and telling Yoohyeon to make herself comfortable on the couch as she goes to wash up. ‘I’ll bring you some clothes you can wear for tonight.’ Yoohyeon nods and settles down on the soft pink couch. It’s cute, like Minji, she thinks to herself with a smile. A few minutes later, Minji walks back in, dressed in her favourite set of pink pyjamas. She hands Yoohyeon a shirt and a pair of sweatpants she hopes will fit her. ‘The bathroom is the first door to the left over there.’ Yoohyeon thanks her cutely and moves over to the bathroom to change.

 

Moments later, they’re chatting on the couch, leaning their shoulders against each other. Yoohyeon notices Minji slowly leaning into her more as they talk, until her head ends up on her shoulder, her eyes closed. ‘Minji?’ Yoohyeon looks down at her and has to bite her lip to stop from cooing at her. Minji has fallen asleep, cuddled up against Yoohyeon’s side. Looking around carefully to not wake the other girl, Yoohyeon spots a blanket on the end of the couch and slowly reaches out. She thanks her long arms as she easily reaches the blanket and manages to open it with one arm to drape over Minji and herself. She lays her head back on the couch and smiles at Minji’s soft breathing sound. It doesn’t take long for Yoohyeon to succumb to a sweet slumber as well.

 

It’s a fact that I want you in my life

No matter what

you’re an angel to me

 

***

 

Minji rubs her eyes as she hears the familiar sound of her alarm. Reaching over for her phone next to her, she turns it off and curls back against Yoohyeon. She startles, sitting up quickly, wide eyed. Her heart rate picks up as she realises she fell asleep on Yoohyeon last night. Yoohyeon is still fast asleep, a soft smile on her face. Minji moves some hairs away from her face, caressing her cheek gently. She notices the blanket Yoohyeon must’ve draped around them and smiles. ‘You’re the angel here.’

 

See I don’t want another

Baby there’s no other baby

 

She carefully wraps Yoohyeon in the blanket and moves away to get dressed and make them both breakfast. She did promise Yoohyeon to let her taste her baking. This is the perfect opportunity. As she tiptoes around her apartment to avoid waking the taller girl on her couch, Minji can’t help but sing softly to herself, feeling well-rested and happy this morning. On the couch, Yoohyeon stirs and blinks the sleep out of her eyes. Missing Minji’s warmth, she sits up, looking for her. After a moment, waking up fully, she notices Minji’s soft singing coming from the kitchen. Smiling, she sneaks towards the kitchen.

 

‘You never told me you could sing?’ Minji nearly drops the plate of croissants she pulls out of the oven as Yoohyeon sneaks up on her. ‘Oh my god, Yoohyeon, you scared me!’ She quickly puts down the plate and blushes while ushering Yoohyeon to the small dining table in the corner. ‘I’m not as amazing as you or Siyeon or anything… I just like singing to myself from time to time.’ Yoohyeon shakes her head and holds her hand tightly as she takes a seat. ‘No, you’re amazing! I love your voice.’ They hold eye contact for a moment, Yoohyeon trying to convey her sincerity and Minji trying to not blush too hard. ‘Thank you…’

 

Minji quietly sets the table and joins Yoohyeon. ‘I hope you like it.’ Yoohyeon’s eyes sparkle with joy as she looks at the delicious breakfast before her. ‘I love it!’ Minji chuckles and takes a sip of her orange juice. ‘You haven’t even tried anything yet!’ Yoohyeon nods and smiles up at Minji. ‘You made it for me, so I love it regardless.’ Minji yet again finds herself blushing and ushers Yoohyeon to start eating before the pancakes get cold. She moans happily at the burst of flavours in , thanking Minji a million times over as the baker chuckles and shyly eats her own breakfast.

 

You got me cheesin and

feelin some type of way

 

Minji thanks Yoohyeon as she helps her clear the table and do the dishes. It all feels oddly domestic and she can’t help but imagine spending more time with Yoohyeon like this. She’s surprised by how comfortable she is around the lanky and clumsy girl but is enjoying every moment of it. ‘Thanks for helping with the dishes, Yoohyeon. And sorry for falling asleep on you last night.’ The taller girl chuckles and holds up her hands. ‘No problem at all. It’s the least I can do after that amazing breakfast. And don’t worry about last night.’ Her hand finds its way to the back of her neck, playing with her baby hairs nervously. ‘I actually slept better last night than I do most other nights.’ Minji blushes as she felt the same when she woke up earlier this morning.

 

Their moment is cut short by Minji’s phone ringing. ‘Oh, the delivery truck is here to pick up the pastries I made last night.’ Yoohyeon smiles and moves towards the door of her apartment. ‘Well, let’s get those boxes out there then.’ Minji would’ve felt awkward to ask for help but the fact that Yoohyeon so readily offers it herself makes her happier than ever. The girl is really like an angel to her. They walk downstairs together and Minji greets the driver at the door, unlocking it. The 3 of them quickly get all the boxes loaded in and Minji signs off on the slip from the driver, confirming the time of pick-up. ‘Have a good day!’ The driver is off with a smile and Minji turns back to Yoohyeon, who’s still wearing her shirt and sweatpants.

 

‘I think you look better in those than I do.’ It’s only after this remark and Minji’s pointed gaze that Yoohyeon remembers she’s still wearing her clothes. ‘Oh, I’ll get dressed in my clothes from last night and give them back to you. I almost forgot!’ Minji shakes her head and leads Yoohyeon back to her apartment. ‘It’s fine, you can return them to me later.’ Yoohyeon glows at the prospect of seeing Minji again. ‘Then, we’ll be seeing each other again?’ Minji smiles softly and nods up at the taller girl. ‘I’d like to spend more time with you, Yoohyeon. If you want to as well, of course.’ Yoohyeon excitedly hops in place and pulls Minji in for a tight hug. ‘Yes!’

 

In that mirror reflecting

I am like your honey

this feeling is like it will

continue forever

 

Minji is momentarily stupefied at the sudden hug but quickly relishes in Yoohyeon’s warmth, enjoying the feeling of her long arms wrapping around her tightly. Nuzzling into Yoohyeon’s neck, she sighs happily, wrapping her arms around her waist tightly. Yoohyeon grins ear to ear, nuzzling against Minji’s head. The older girl in her arms makes her happier than she’s ever been before. She’ll do anything to keep it that way. Pulling out of the hug, she blushes and points towards the bathroom. ‘Ehm, sorry, when I get excited I get affectionate… I'll freshen up real quick.’ Minji smiles as she watches her speed walk towards the bathroom.

 

***

 

‘You move fast, Yooh.’ Siyeon has been teasing her ever since she got back to her place and texted her friend about what happened. Siyeon showed up at her door a few minutes later as their apartments are both located in the same building, only 2 floors apart. ‘So are you and Bora! Your phone has been buzzing nonstop and you get this goofy smile on your lips when you see her name pop up on your screen!’ Siyeon sticks out her tongue and tackles Yoohyeon on the couch. ‘Whatever, I’m happy okay!’ Yoohyeon tries to push her off but Siyeon is stronger. She just lets Siyeon lay her weight on top of her and laughs. ‘That makes 2 of us, buddy.’ The friends happily laugh together, sharing cute little details of their crushes.

 

***

 

what will I do if your heart changes?

no,there's no way this is gonna happen

Baby give me just one chance

 

Yoohyeon takes a deep breath. It’s the night before her debut. Minji and her have been going on dates for the past weeks and Yoohyeon can’t stand not being able to call her her girlfriend yet. She’s been planning this for weeks and hopes Siyeon and Bora will follow through with her plan the way she’s explained to them multiple times already. ‘Bora says she got her in the car and they’re on the way. You got this Yooh!’ She wraps an arm around her to comfort the taller girl. ‘Were you this nervous when you asked Bora?’ Big puppy eyes look down at Siyeon, making her coo.

 

‘Aww, Yooh. Of course I was! I didn’t even plan for it to happen! You’ve got this all planned out and that girl is head over heels for you too, there’s no way she’ll say no!’ Yoohyeon nods and lets out another shaky breath. She checks her surroundings one last time. They managed to talk to the owner to let them use the bar they first met in for the night. It’s empty and dark, only the stage is lit and covered in pink rose petals. Pink, because that’s the colour she associates with Minji. Siyeon takes a seat at the piano on stage, testing the sound settings one last time. She will be Yoohyeon’s musical guide for the night.

 

Minji chuckles at her friend as she excitedly drives towards town. ‘Seriously, Bora. Why are you so excited to go to the bar? Neither Siyeon nor Yoohyeon are playing tonight, remember? They have their debuts literally tomorrow!’ Minji hasn’t heard much from Yoohyeon for the past days. She’s been busy preparing for the debut and Minji understands. She does miss the lanky girl though. ‘Can’t I be excited? Besides, I feel like we should make a lucky toast to the girl’s debuts tomorrow!’ Minji nods and smiles. ‘That sounds perfect.’

 

They arrive and Minji notices the empty parking lot. ‘Is it closed tonight?’ Bora doesn’t answer her but simply drags her out of the car and towards the entrance. Minji’s frown deepens as she notices the lights aren’t on at the entrance. ‘They’re probably closed, Bora.’ Again, Bora ignores her and knocks on the door before opening it. As the door opens and Minji is pulled inside, she hears the sound of a piano and Yoohyeon’s unmistakable voice.

 

‘Lady I love you I just wanna show you

From the way you touch me

and kiss me to the sparkle in your eye…’

 

Bora shuts the door behind them and leads Minji to a seat right in front of the stage as Yoohyeon continues singing to her. Siyeon shoots a wink at her girlfriend and continues playing, proud of her friend for the raw emotion in her voice. Minji’s jaw nearly hits the floor as she sees all the rose petals on the stage and the seat Bora guides her to. She tears up as Yoohyeon’s velvety voice reaches her ears and she locks eyes with the girl she’s fallen in love with over the past weeks.

 

‘Oh how I love you I just

feel so lost without you

With my love and intuition

you’ll never have to say goodbye…’

 

Yoohyeon kneels on the stage, reaching her hand out to Minji with a smile. She gets up, teary eyed, and takes her hand, letting the taller girl pull her onto the stage. Bora has found her way to the stage as well, sitting beside Siyeon as she continues playing the piano, guiding Yoohyeon. Face to face, Yoohyeon sings her heart out to Minji.

 

‘Lady I love you I just wanna show you

From the way you touch me

and kiss me to the sparkle in your eye…’

 

Minji smiles through her tears, her heart melting at Yoohyeon’s gesture. Yoohyeon reaches up and caresses Minji’s cheek as she sings, wiping away the stray tears rolling down her cheek. Behind them, Bora tears up as well, always the emotional mess. Siyeon leans against her girlfriend as she plays, showing her comfort and kissing her on the head.

 

‘Oh how I love you I just feel

so lost without you

With my love and intuition

you’ll never have to say goodbye…’

 

Yoohyeon comes to the end of the song, taking a step closer to Minji, letting her hand drop down to the older girl’s neck. Minji’s heart rate picks up, as does Yoohyeon’s. Siyeon transitions into the final chords of the songs and smiles at her friend’s back, silently supporting her. Taking a deep breath, Yoohyeon looks at Minji full of love and sincerity. Minji’s hand comes up to lay over Yoohyeon’s, against her neck.

 

‘The sound that comes in the morning,your voice

that finds me, I love you.’

 

Yoohyeon sings the last words shakily, lowering her microphone and smiling at Yoohyeon with misty eyes. ‘Kim Minji, from the first time our eyes met weeks ago at this very bar, you’ve been on my mind and in my heart. These past weeks with you have been pure bliss, and I would love to make them infinite. I don’t care if it’s too early because I feel like I’ve found my soulmate. Kim Minji, I love you, will you be my girlfriend.’ Minji laughs and smiles widely, nodding. ‘Of course, you oversized puppy!’ She jumps into her arms and seals their relationship with a sweet kiss. Yoohyeon glows and spins her around happily. Behind the couple, Siyeon and Bora applaud them and walk up to congratulate them.

 

*** End of Flashback***

 

‘That’s so sweet, auntie!’ The adults smile and chuckle at Gahyeon’s excitement. At some point during the story, she’d even shed some tears. ‘Your auntie is very sweet indeed.’ Minji smiles at Yoohyeon and leans into her ear. ‘I love you.’ Yoohyeon turns and mouths it back to her, kissing her cheek and turning back to Gahyeon. ‘Well kid, that’s our story.’ Lighting up, Gahyeon turns to her parents who chuckle. They know that look all too well. ‘I want to hear your story!’ Bora chuckles and leans against Siyeon’s shoulder. Yubin frowns. ‘She’s never heard how you two met?’ Siyeon shakes her head. ‘She knows we met at an event I was performing at where Bora was the caterer but we never gave more details than that.’ Handong sits at the edge of the couch, Yubin’s arm wrapped around her. ‘It’s my first time hearing Yoohyeon and Minji’s story and I must say, I’m probably as intrigued as your kid is at this point.’

 

They all laugh and Siyeon takes a sip of her coffee. ‘Well, our story starts a few weeks before your aunties’...’