BONUS

Assassinate My Heart

A Japanese girl kneeling with full of hope in her eyes. Hoping for a chance that they could start something new. To go back to where it should be. To love and to be love by the person in front of her. To the girl that never left Mina’s mind and heart.

 

So, in desperation of winning Dahyun’s heart once again, she did what she knew Dahyun would never say ‘No’ to. Chocolates and Music. She searched online for a song that would somehow fit in what her heart is trying to convey just like how Dahyun’s music is speaking to her before. She’s deliberating if what chocolates would she give, the sweetest? The most expensive? Imported? All kinds? A factory? Truthfully, Mina thinks Dahyun deserves better, the best even.  But at the end, she decided to just go with something simple yet magical, a chocolate which brought them together. Twix and KitKat.

 

Mina found a great opportunity to execute her plan as soon as she heard that the Kim Company will hold an event, she is sure that Dahyun would be there. That it is the right moment and she wanted to make sure that the night will be theirs.

 

With the help of her friends, they have successfully managed to get a key to the University and the music room. Everything Mina prepared reminds them of how they started and she wanted Dahyun to also remember that. And somehow recognized that Mina did not forget her even for a bit.

 

“No” Dahyun blurted out with firmness on her voice which causes Mina to abruptly stand up with an “I don’t know what to do now” face. I mean, she’s sure she saw something earlier in Dahyun’s eyes and action to let her hope this high.

 

Mina knows she’s at fault. She was the one who left but she can’t give up. She fought for her hard, she has been through so much as well. So, Mina won’t let her go, not again.

 

“So…” Mina scratched her head.

 

“You wanted to continue where we left of?” Mina asked with her mastered-up confidence though her heart is pounding hard from the nervousness.

 

“Are you serious Mina?”

 

“Uh… Yeah. I mean, why would I joke about that? I am serious about you… About us, Dahyun. Very much.”

 

Mina said with all sincerity in her heart. She is serious about getting her back. Friends, lover, acquaintance, anything will do. As long as they’d be together again. Silence took over them for a minute before Dahyun decided to speak what’s on her mind.

 

“This is absurd. I’m just drank that I even decided to go with you. I’m leaving”

 

Mina held Dahyun’s wrist, “Wait! Let’s talk this out”

 

“Mina, No. This is over. I don’t want us to continue nor to start over. I think what we had before ended the moment you ghosted me”

 

“Dahyun, please. I’ll do anything. I’ll explain everything” Mina begged.

 

“No. I am sure. I don’t want us anymore Mina. I want us to forget each other”

 

“We can go back to normal. I know. I saw it. I am fine being just your friend, then I would court you every day if you want, I could do everything I have done before, bring you to your work, back to your home, take you to lunch, take…”

 

Mina stopped on her speech about listing the thing she would do when she noticed Dahyun is shaking her head at every word.

 

“Dahyunnie… I’m sorry” Mina said with her softest voice. Is she taking it too far?

 

“You know, when I saw you again, my heart keeps beating fast just like how it used to before. And I am getting crazier again! I hated you, I know I do. But then, you hugged me as you saved me from that stupid car.” Dahyun sighed deeply “Then I realized… I realized that I missed your scent, your warmth, your smile, your laugh, your antics, your voice, that I missed you so damn much Mina! That I’m still really into you! That I really haven’t moved on yet a bit!” Dahyun almost chocked at her crack words since she is trying to shout every word while crying.

 

Mina tried to reach her face but Dahyun take a step back. “Don’t!” so Mina retrieved her hand with her head back down. Mina never saw Dahyun like this, she has hurt her so bad.

 

“If you missed me like I do then why can’t we go back?”

 

“Because now I also realized how hurt I was!! Do you even have the slightest knowledge of what I’ve been through!? Do you think getting back together would solve all those questions I have asked myself? Lastly, I hated myself seeing falling for you over again.”

 

“You don’t have to be afraid. I promise to catch you this time. I will. No more hold back, remember?”

 

Dahyun faked a laughed, “I do remember that. I also remember not believing to that anymore”

 

Dahyun walked out in the room. And Mina just stood there at the room with tears in her eyes. It hurts her more than she suffered from her late father. The whips she took, the gunshot on her legs that makes her unable to walk straight for days from the day she sneaked out for Dahyun’s birthday, the slaps, kicks and punch from his Father’s hitman, the loneliness from the dark dungeon where she was kept for years, the soiled food she was given. She thought she’ll be happy now that her once fear was now dead. She understood Dahyun. Mina blames herself for not killing her Father as soon as possible.

 

------------------

 

5 years Later…

 

“Hey! Kim Minju! Come here!”

 

As soon the 4 years old Minju saw Mina, crouching down with her two hands spread out, she immediately put down her toys and hugged Mina tightly and kissed her cheeks.

 

“I miss you!” Minju pouted and snuggled at Mina’s neck. Mina chuckled at her cuteness.

 

“I miss you too baby! But hey, I have something for you!”

 

Minju pulled out from the hug and clapped her hands excitedly, bouncing her feet off the ground.

 

Mina stood up and hold Minju’s hand and lead her into the living room. A big pink doll house was waiting there with 5 stuff toys.

 

“Did you like it?”

 

Minju was bouncing and ran towards the toys to play with it, ignoring Mina’s question. Mina smiled in satisfaction. She is happy to spoil this kid, she thinks it was her duty as godmother, though it seems that her parents are not happy with it.

 

“Mina! I told you to not give her this much! What if she grows up arrogantly?” A voice from her behind spoke with a little annoyed yet smooth and soft voice.

 

Mina chuckles, “Well, It’s your problem. Besides, I haven’t seen her for 4 months! I missed the kid”

 

A light slap in Mina’s arm was received. “Yah! You know, it will be your problem too.”

 

As if it was a cue, the other mother of Minju came and gasp at the scene. She glared at her wife and Mina. Mina smiled and shrug it off. “Kim Sana!”

 

“I--- I can explain Tzuyu-ah” Sana stutter as she clings to her wife as if her life depends on it, well, it is. Tzuyu strictly told Sana to stop buying anymore toys for their child since Minju had a lot that she isn’t playing with anymore.

“It was not me Jagi, it was Mina!” Sana pointed Mina and pouted under Tzuyu’s arm.

 

Tzuyu looked at Mina and smiled, “One is enough unnie, no need to buy her this much.”

 

Sana scoff in disbelief which made Tzuyu glare at her again.  Sana can’t believe how Tzuyu has softer spot for Mina rather than her, Tzuyu’s own wife.

 

The reason is clear though. All of them are thankful for Mina. Now that Mina took over and closes their firm and since they are no longer assassins, they have now the freedom to do anything they want. Tzuyu and Sana are now married with their daughter Minju. They used the Kim surname since they got married in Korea. Momo is now dating the new chef Yoo Jeongyeon.

 

“How’s you trip anyway Mina unnie? Was it successful” Tzuyu asked. Nervously yet teasing.

 

Mina hummed and raised her hand, “We did say Yes

 

The two gasped in awe. “She… proposed to you as well in Paris!!?”

 

“Yeah. It was unexpected but I am happy” Mina smiled, showing her gummy smile.

 

“She didn’t even tell me that! I could have helped her!” Sana whined but feels very happy at the announcement. Her friend will finally settle after for a long time, she deserves this. Happiness and Fulfillment.

 

“You were unromantic Sana.”

 

“Hey! It was not my problem that you discover the ring! So, I did an impromptu proposal!”

 

Tzuyu just rolled her eyes on Sana and looked again at Mina. “So, what happen unnie? How did she propose?”

 

-----

It was the couple’s last week on Paris and Mina haven’t done her plans yet. I mean, how could she if they always stay at their hotel, chilling, cuddling, watching Netflix, eating each other’s --- cooking. She’s not mad, she likes it as long as she’s with the person she loves. Maybe, she’ll just propose in their bed.

 

“Mina. Would you like to go in the Eiffel Tower again?”

 

They have been there for the first day in Paris. It was nice, romantic, filled with couples. And maybe this was a God-given opportunity for her as well to do the plan there.

 

“Now?” As she scan her girlfriend, all dressed up.

 

“Yeah”

 

“Sure, whatever you like”

 

Her girlfriend decided to jump and wrapped her arms into Mina and cling like a koala. It’s a good thing that Mina’s reflex is fast and she catches her quickly, Mina chuckled and supported the younger’s bottom by wrapping her arms as well.

 

“Big baby!”

 

“Your baby!”

 

Mina leaned and place her lips against her partner. It was quick but magical. As they parted, Mina noticed the redness on her partner’s cheeks and ears so she remarked “Yeah, my small red baby koala”

 

“Tsk, Let’s go?” Then she goes down to Mina’s

 

Mina nodded and change her clothes quickly and put the ring on her back pocket.

 

They walked with intertwined hands. Filled with laughter and small talks. In this night, with the moon starting to beam the light into their faces, nothing’s brighter than her love. No starts are shinier, no clouds are clearer, just her.

 

Mina payed for the entrance fee and guided themselves at the corner in top floor. She wanted to be alone with her. She’s shaking. She needs to be smooth.

 

“Minari, Are you okay? Come, look at the view with me!”

 

Mina sighed. She’ll do it later. She had time.

 

Mina compiled and had her eyes widened and mouth opened. A blimp with lights appeared in front of them, saying the words she wanted to say.

 

How did she managed to set this all up??

 

Mina turned slowly with tears on her eyes. Happy tears at the person kneeling in front of her, presenting a simple ring with a diamond on it.

 

 “Mina, our love story might not be best but believe me when I say that you are the best thing that had happen to me. I’m so glad you never gave up on me though I pushed you hard for years, literally and figuratively. I am lucky you did not hold anything back anymore and decided to show the real you to me, you dorky penguin! I love you and I want us to take things further”

 

“So, like what it says… Will you marry me Mina?” she continued

 

Mina nodded in response, unable to speak from the shock. And unable to process this happiness inside her.

 

Her love stood up, put the ring on her finger. “I love you so much.”

 

“I love you too” As soon as they kissed, the couples from there clapped their hands.

------

“Wow. I never thought, she could do that!” Sana clapped her hand as well, she’s amused.

 

“She has her ways. I am very far from her skills”

 

“So, she asked you through a blimp?”

 

“It’s not actually asking, it’s more of a demand. She wrote “BE MY WIFE MINA!!!” on it.”

 

With that Sana was more amazed. She could never do that with Tzuyu. Maybe she’ll ask her for advice next time.

 

“So, how did you propose to her?” Tzuyu butted.

 

“I just handed it to her after and we laughed it off since we are both thinking the same”

 

“You two were cute, I knew you’d end up together” Tzuyu said proudly and happy

 

“Yiie! Make sure to create a playmate for Minju!” Sana squealed.

 

“Stop it Sana. You sounded gross.” Tzuyu said with a disgust on her face

 

“Mommy! Aunt Bunny is here!!” Minju called their attention.

 

Tzuyu scolded Sana for not noticing that Minju just opened the door. Sana is relieved that it was Nayeon or else she’d really be dead if Minju just opened for a random stranger.

 

“Hi!” Nayeon greeted them. She hugged Sana and Tzuyu, then placed a kiss on Mina’s cheeks and wrapped her arms on Mina’s shoulder. Tzuyu politely excused herself and played with Minju with her new toys.

 

“Unnie~ Why did you kiss her but not me? Do you not love me anymore?” Sana whined cutely.

 

Nayeon chuckled. “I do, but I don’t do that to married gays. I love my life!”

 

Sana laughed, “Well, you might want to savor it unnie since it will be the last time you can kiss Mina as well”

 

“What do you mean?” It took her seconds, “Don’t tell me…”

 

Nayeon raised Mina’s hand. “Oh my gosh! You are finally getting married!!”

 

“Yeah, Me and Dahyun are finally getting married”

 

AN: Sorry for the late update and for the confusion... And thank you for reading this boring story. ><