Last Part

Assassinate My Heart

Kim Dahyun, a 22-year-old pianist and composer. A Magna Laude graduate of Bachelor of Music in IDOLU. THE PRODIGY. She was scouted once again after her studies but she rejected it all, AGAIN. But not because she didn’t like it or she’ll be uncomfortable to play. Rather, she’s still waiting for a certain someone to show up that time.

 

Dahyun was 21 when she graduated. She didn’t think she’ll be able to make it far. She thought she’ll die after her birthday but she didn’t. Was it a lie all along? She thought.

 

Fool. Fool for Love. It might have been a lie, but she still waited. She decided to give it up ‘partially’ when she turned 22.

 

Dahyun tried dating. Her heart isn’t. It was still caged from the past. Her heart still belongs to someone else. Dahyun’s compositions are still dedicated to her. Happy one’s as well as the painful part of them are all there. Dahyun’s dream still includes her.

 

Chaeyoung also confessed to Dahyun. That’s all. Nothing happened. Dahyun is grateful, she didn’t lose her when she rejected Chaeyoung. She can’t lose the person who helped her throughout her numb and depressed days. Chaeyoung has a special place on Dahyun’s heart but not into the point of dating her, Chaeyoung understand. Chaeyoung still stayed.

------

“Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome the new owner of the ‘Kim Corporation’, owned by the late Mr. and Mrs. Kim, Give a round of applause for J.Y. Park!!”

 

The company was handled by their closest relative, Park Jin-young. But when Dahyun turned 21, she gained all the rights to handle every property, every account her parents owned.

 

Dahyun tried handling it with the help of her uncle, but Dahyun is not happy with all the business stuff so she decided to pass it to him after a year as a new owner and not as a handler. It’s okay if she won’t get any shares, Dahyun knew her parents would still be proud as she pursues music fully.

 

The crowd clapped as J.Y. Park appeared on the stage even Dahyun. He isn’t bad himself. Dahyun even suspect this Uncle of him is the one who hired the assassins. So, she asked. Not to confront him but to locate their base. Because maybe if she did, she’ll find her.

 

Dahyun played at the event. She dedicated her first entry to her late parents. She played the one she promised at her parents on her dream. The one they used to dance. It made the people happy.

 

On her second part, she played something close to her heart. So, close that every note darts straight to her heart. She holds her tears as she plays “Beauty and Madness” on her piano. Dahyun, a composer, liked this masterpiece than her own. It had more flavor.

 

The last part, she performs something new. Her newly composed song. About her. This is supposed to be a happy song. Different emotion was delivered. Maybe because the memories that played while Dahyun was performing is when they were at the beach. Now that she understands what the JAPANESE GIRL meant back then, she wondered

 

Why did she still choose to leave?

 

Why did she let me fall deeper but had no plan to catch me at all?

 

Did she already forget about me?

 

Am I just another mission to her that she aborted?

 

How could she enter my life and leave me hanging like this?

 

An angel… And a mortal… Of course, it is impossible.

 

After her performance, silence took over the place.

 

Dahyun looked at her audience and bashfully bowed. They all clap loudly, some were standing. Dahyun goes back to her sit and let the MC continue the program.

 

“It was nice Dubs, it’s so heartwarming!” Chaeyoung commented while still clapping at Dahyun.

 

Dahyun slapped her arms lightly and chuckles.

-----

The event is almost over when Dahyun decided to go out for a bit for some fresh air. She had drink too much and still can’t go home since she is still needed by her friend. Chaeyoung is someone who’s bad at handling her drunken state.

 

Dahyun sat down on the benches at the backside of the venue. It was calming and peaceful. There’s a warm breeze touching her skin. The sound of the faint music booming inside is heard. And a familiar girl standing in front of her.

 

“Hey. Can I offer you this chocolate?”

 

Huh? Dahyun titled her head, blinking hard. She thinks she’s just drunk and hallucinating. A Twix and KitKat were presented in her.

 

“The Hell!!?” Dahyun bluntly said. She didn’t know if it was the wine she drank or the rage she feels.

 

“Dahyun-ah” The girl touches her shoulder. Dahyun’s heart are starting to get out of her chest again.

 

This isn’t a freaking dream! What the!

 

“MINARI!?”

 

Dahyun kept telling her self that she should be mad, so she run. Dahyun don’t know where but have to be far, far enough to get away from her lingering past.

 

“Dahyun-ah. Wait!” Mina shouted, but Dahyun ignored her. She kept running to nowhere.

 

Until she heard a blare sound of horn and light that is blinding her eyes. She stopped her tracks. She does not know why can’t she moved.

 

Maybe this is the end… Just when I finally saw her.

 

Dahyun saw darkness.

 

Dahyun felt a tight embrace.

 

“Are you okay, Dahyunnie?” Mina whispered into Dahyun’s red ear.

 

Dahyun hated to admit it but she misses Mina. Her face, her scent, her embrace, Mina herself.

 

“Do I look like I’m okay to you?” Dahyun hugged back Mina, tightly as well. Yeah, she definitely misses her. Dahyun shed a tear, then turns into a sob.

 

Dahyun hated her drunken state. Making her emotional like this.

 

Mina stayed silent and they hugged for a while.

 

“Can we talk, Dahyun?” Mina said softly when Dahyun calmed down from crying.

 

“We have nothing to talk about Mina!” Dahyun was now upset. It was definitely her drinks talking.

 

“Yes, we do” Mina seems not minding Dahyun’s stubbornness, still calm as ever.

 

“No! We don’t!!” Dahyun disagreed. Though, she really wants to talk to the girl, she wants to ask her questions, she wants the truth.

 

Mina sigh.

 

Mina crouch a little, then lifted Dahyun and put it in her shoulder.

 

“Get me down, you crazy !!” Dahyun said while punching the back of Mina softly.

 

Mina started to walk.

 

Dahyun didn’t know Mina was this strong. Mina is lifter her, a weight almost same as hers. Dahyun stopped her arms but still shouting at Mina to bring her feet on the ground.

 

“Shut up or I’ll kiss you Hyunnie” Mina said. Dahyun did not talk after that.

 

Mina sigh again, “I wished you didn’t stay silent.” Dahyun still remained still and quiet. Dahyun is trying not to suppress a smile or any affection.

 

They are in front of IDOL U. Dahyun is confused. She can’t think of any other reason why did the older girl drag her all the way to their University which was a few minutes to walked by from where they are.

 

Mina let Dahyun go down. But held Dahyun’s wrist after that. They continue to lead her somewhere.

 

WHAT THE? WHY DO THIS GIRL KEEPS ON DRAGGING ME!!? Dahyun remained silent.

 

They were in the music room. Dahyun remembers everything that happens here clearly as day, sober or not.

 

“Why are we here?” Dahyun finally let out a word.

 

Mina guided her to sit.

 

Is she playing a piano then tell me something cheesy that only she understands? Isn’t that my style?

 

“No, I’m not going to play the piano. I can’t” Dahyun’s eye opened wide.

 

Is she a mind reader now?

 

“No, I can’t read your mind either. I based it on your facial expression” Mina giggled.

 

“But I will play something for you, different instrument.” Mina added

 

Mina held the guitar and started strumming.

 

(The Reason- Hoobastank)

 

I'm not a perfect person

There's many things I wish I didn't do

But I continue learning

I never meant to do those things to you

And so I have to say before I go

That I just want you to know

 

I've found a reason for me

To change who I used to be

A reason to start over new

And the reason is you

 

I'm sorry that I hurt you

It's something I must live with everyday

And all the pain I put you through

I wish that I could take it all away

And be the one who catches all your tears

That's why I need you to hear

 

I've found a reason for me

To change who I used to be

A reason to start over new

And the reason is you

 

And the reason is you

And the reason is you

And the reason is you

 

I'm not a perfect person

I never meant to do those things to you

And so I have to say before I go

That I just want you to know

 

I've found a reason for me

To change who I used to be

A reason to start over new

And the reason is you

 

I've found a reason to show

A side of me you didn't know

A reason for all that I do

And the reason is you

 

Mina kneeled down to Dahyun

 

“Can we start over?”