First Part

Assassinate My Heart

 

Mina Myoui, a 23-year-old bookshop owner on a small town. Her shop has only little to no customers at all. Most people are irritated at how rare this girl speaks. But Mina wasn’t even bothered by it at all. In fact, she actually likes it that way, noisy and crowded places annoys her. Her hair is always tied in a messy bun, she wears a big round eyeglass (for ‘fashion’), and only dressed with a plain white or plain colored-shirt.

 

Apart from Mina’s boring life of staring at a book all day, she has a very interesting sideline. With her hair on ponytail, tight suit and thorn accessory, she hunts for her next prey as requested by her rich and powerful clients. In her field, she is known as the “Shi No Tenshi” which is translated as Angel of Death. She was trained at her young age to be the greatest assassin just like her Father. She blamed her Mother for dying while giving birth of her, maybe, just maybe, she lived like a normal person.

 

“Mina! At last, You’re here!” An old man remarked as soon as Mina stepped up in his office. Mina bowed down and sat across from him.

 

“I heard you needed me Father.” Mina said softly but with firmness in her voice

 

“Ah. Yes, yes! I have a job for you but it will take a lot of your time”

 

Mina raised her eyebrow. She always finishes her assigned job in a very short span. One week was the longest time she needed but it rarely happens.

 

“Father, I’m sure I can finish it for less than a week” Mina challenged. But to her dismay, her father just laughs at her loudly as if he’s mocking her. Time is every assassin’s enemy. And for Mina’s father, if you’re too slow in this job then you’re a failure. This principle is what Mina learned as she grew up, to move swiftly, to waste no time.

 

“If you don’t trust me that I can handle it quickly, then find someone who you think fits” Mina stood up harshly and opens the door. But when she was about to leave, she was astonished to see her Father in front of her, without her knowing, and he closed the door with force.

 

“Patience Mina. I did teach you that, right?” Mina didn’t like this type of calm yet dangerous tone his father is emitting. Her father smirked at her and touched gently her cheek.

 

“Stubbornness will get you nowhere, you know? Should I punish you?” Mina showed an unfazed look at her Father’s remark. She remained still and silent. To be honest, Mina was immune to the torture already but she doesn’t want anymore mark on her body.

 

“Anyway, what I meant is, you have to befriend your target, get her trust, and when she turns 21, make her sign a document that will transfer her wealth to our client and then do what you usually do. Break her like a toy you despise the most”

 

“I bet I could seduce her in a day. What’s with the rush?” Mina asked curiously.

 

“Can you?” Mina’s father just laughed at her again hysterically and Mina was getting frustrated at him.

 

“How old is this girl?”

 

“19”

----------

Mina is currently in her own room, reading the description on her next prey. Yes, she accepted the job. Though she still question on why did her father, who hates wasting his time, accepted this task that takes almost 2 years to accomplish.

 

Profile:

 

Name: Dahyun Kim (Mina smirk at the name, she seems an easy target)

Age: 19

Birth date: May 28, 1998

Likes: To eat Desserts especially Chocolates, Music (I could totally use this to her)

Dislike: Liars  

Location: *****

School/Program: IDOLU/Bachelor in Music (BM)

 

Mina wanted to finish this as quickly as possible. How hard would it be to befriend a teenager?

 

Then Mina looked at the attached photo. She examines Dahyun very well. The girl is very pale girl with a long black hair. Her eyes are monolid and kind of sharp. Has a pointy nose and a big smile plaster on her face.

 

This Dahyun seems to have a very jolly and pleasing personality, it makes me wanna break her slowly. Mina smiled at the thought

 

Mina shook her head and smiling victoriously. Soon this girl will be a 21-year-old beautiful broken doll on my collection.

------

It takes Mina a whole month to settle herself in a town where Dahyun is. She enrolled at Dahyun’s program and make sure to get the same schedule as her. It’s a good thing that Mina can sing and studied a little bit of classical music when she’s still doing ballet.

 

The bookshop is currently taken care of by Tzuyu, who happens to have a target there. Mina just hoped that Tzuyu won’t bring her dogs there including her Shiba Inu faced girlfriend, Sana, they would probably scatter the books and flirts there all day. The thought alone makes Mina shivers.

 

“What if I suddenly miss killing? And attacks the girl in her sleep” Momo just chuckled at Mina’s whining.

 

“Think of it as a 2 years vacation. 2 years without seeing your dad!” This was Momo’s last comment before departing.

------

June 19, 2017 (Monday)

 

Mina puts a little makeup, in a high ponytail, dressed in a black crop top and an above the knee black shorts. This is enough to make anyone check her out.

 

Dahyun was easy to be spotted on. Mina wasn’t even using her skills and she already found her target sitting alone in one of the benches at the school’s field. She approached Dahyun and took out the Twix and KitKat that Mina brought before coming.

 

“Hey. Can I offer you this chocolate?” It took a moment before Dahyun looked at her, eyes wide open. Mina then gave the chocolate.

 

Is there something on my face? What’s with the look? Do I look like someone who will kill her? Because I will, soon.

 

“I am new here, And I was wondering if what is your current program” Mina smiled sweetly. Anyone who would see it probably fall for her but no, not her doll.

 

“Bachelor in Music” Dahyun said with still no readable emotion on her face but have this weird expression on her face. Mina is kind of frustrated.

 

“Oh! What a coincidence, Me too.” Dahyun nodded and closed her eyes for at least 3 seconds. Weird for Mina’s perspective.

 

DEAD SILENCE! Mina doesn’t know how to keep it going. She was not used to starting a conversation, it was always the other way around on her previous victim.

 

Dahyun stood up and walked away from her without saying anything. Mina was left alone.

 

WHAT THE HELL!? IT DIDN’T WORK.

 

Mina is frustrated that her efforts didn’t have any effect on her. Never in her life that her prey ran away from her. Maybe, this will really take time. She hates the mission already. Nevertheless, it also annoys her that her doll was supposed to be jolly and not like this.

 

Mina skipped school

------

June 20, 2017

 

Mina wanted to redeem herself. Decided to put a white shirt underneath her black leather coat, black pants, boots and shades.

 

Mina entered their room and searched a sit beside Dahyun. She was expecting Dahyun to be sits in front, or at the middle. Like a role model student

 

WRONG AGAIN!

 

Dahyun is at the corner of the room. Hands are place on her jaw, eyes are closed while facing the window. She loved serenity but she hates seeing Dahyun who looks like she wants to vanish in thin air. She loved breaking toys not break someone who’s already broken. There’s no fun in that.

 

She walks towards the person who sit beside Dahyun and offered money to exchanged sit with her. Without any hesitation, Chaeyoung which was Dahyun’s previous seatmate, switched with her. Mina smiled at how easy it goes.

 

It has been an hour and Dahyun was still sleeping. Frustration is staring to build on Mina’s nerve.  Mina decided to rest her head on the arm rest. She’ll just take a nap as well.

 

Mina opened her eyes when a very loud sound disturbed her. It was the bell. It was the indication that it is already dismissal. To her dismay, she no longer sees Dahyun beside her.

------

June 26, 2017

 

Mina who hates talking was forced to do so yet only repaid by a nod and shaking of head. She can’t even earn a minute of Dahyun talking. She had tried different wardrobe as well, but nothing seems to get her attention.

 

Since she was lazy for today, she just wears a simple plain white T-shirt paired with jeans and sneakers. Nothing seems to work anyway.

 

Mina was observing Dahyun’s serene face. Thinking of ways to get into her life. However, it was cut off when her teacher called her out.

 

“Mina, what are the basic building blocks that form musical compositions?” Her music professor asked.

 

How would Mina know the answer. Is screaming for pain, groans, begging for mercy, asking for help includes there, because it is music for her ear. A very disturbing yet satisfying.

 

“Harmony, Melody, and Rhythm.” Mina’s seatmate whispered. And so, Mina answered it. Her professor looked pleased and gesture Mina to sit down. Their old dirty professor then, now proceeds to his lesson.

 

“Thank you Dahyun”

 

“You should have focus on our class rather than looking at my face the whole period”

 

Mina smiled at the remark. This has been the longest line Dahyun had said to her for a week. Besides, Dahyun was being keen on her surroundings. It means she was not completely ignored. Maybe she can do the mission after all.

 

“But you are far more interesting”

­-------

August 5, 2017

 

Mina is hanging out with her old friend Jihyo in a gym. They are sparing in a boxing match with headgears. Mina missed this kind of thing, the thrill of being hurt and to hurt.

 

“You seemed pumped up” Jihyo said as she evades one of Mina’s straight jab.

 

Mina ignored her and started to move closer to Jihyo. Mina rotated her torso and hips on a clockwise direction, throwing her twisted 90 degrees right first to have a horizontal impact, while her left rear hand is next to her face to guard her jaw for possible counter attacks. And another powerful jab is wasted! Jihyo quickly slip down under Mina’s hand and is about to throw a counter punch on Mina’s sides which Mina has notices so she bounced back, enough to missed Jihyo’s punch.

 

“You’re so good at this Jih” Mina commented which causes Jihyo to put a grin on her face

 

“You had taught me well Myoui”

 

“I sure did” Mina smiled proudly.

 

Mina wasn’t done, she has been more aggressive in her next attacks. She throws a lot of jab to keep a safe distance to Jihyo’s usual attack of hook and uppercuts, some of Mina’s punch were successful but not enough to make Jihyo knock out.

 

“Getting Rougher, I see” Jihyo mentioned. Mina was gentle most of the time, silent and waiting to counter the opponent’s attacks.

 

How can Mina be calm if it has been a month but there’s still no progress on her mission just when she thought she had a chance. It was much easier to torture Dahyun in order to make her sign the paper then slit her milky white neck.

 

Mina wanted to see how cute would Dahyun looked like if she were to beg for her life, but was eventually replaced by the thought of how cute would Dahyun be if she was laughing with her eye-smile like how she saw her in her client’s description.

 

She didn’t notice she was dazing off until she felt a pang on her jaw that made her dropped on the floor, caused by Jihyo’s uppercut punch.

 

“Are you okay? Wait, did you just space out?” Jihyo reached her hand and curiously asked this, Jihyo never saw Mina be out-of-focus during a match. This is the first.

 

“I am fine. Don’t tell my Father about this.” Mina said and left the ring to drink some water. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU MINA!? THIS IS SO NOT YOU. Mina thought.

 

They continued their match.

--------

August 7, 2017

 

Mina enters the class with an eye patch. It was her fault for dozing off and letting her guard down multiple times. Jihyo took it as an opportunity to land a powerful punch near her eye. But thanks to that, Mina snapped and launch a straight powerful jap on Jihyo’s face as Jihyo left it unguarded to toss again another uppercut.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Mina gaze at Dahyun with disbelief. Is Dahyun really talking to her??

 

Mina nodded slowly. Unaware of what she should do next. The composed Angel has becoming more dumbfounded. She was about to talk but Dahyun looked away again and stare at the windows.

 

What’s so good about the view there when she can look at me instead? Maybe I should get more strike from Jihyo next time.

--------

August 29, 2017

 

Sport’s day! Mina hates going at events and festivals. It’s too noisy and crowded.

 

I’ll play Archery together with Dahyun, aren’t we cool? Mina heard this yesterday from Chaeyoung who’s trying to impressed Somi. However, she was not having it when she saw how Somi reacted, she’s more fascinated that Dahyun will play and it irritates Mina. SHE’S MINE

 

Dahyun is wearing a red outfit same with Chaeyoung and Irene (AN: The outfit SMC had for ISAC 2019). For Mina, Dahyun is the most adorable at the field.

 

Mina gave a cold-glare at the person who shouts very loudly whenever Dahyun shoots her arrow. Shouldn’t Somi be cheering on Chaeyoung and not on MY Dahyun?

 

Sadly, Dahyun’s team lost against the Gugudan team. It was a pretty close fight, nevertheless Mina was satisfied on the match. She got to see Dahyun smile and moves actively.

 

After the match, Mina decided to go into where Dahyun is. She’s there for her anyway and not to watch some boring sport competition with loud cheers. Mina smirked when she noticed that Dahyun is alone, sleeping again, unguarded. If only her mission is just to kill her, this would be the perfect time to execute the plan.

 

Mina locked the door and move gently next to Dahyun. Mina crouched to level herself with Dahyun.

 

Mina tuck in some of Dahyun’s hair on her face to her ear. Mina examines her doll’s face. Dahyun’s face is calm and peaceful, the opposite of what her heart feels right now. The gap between them is getting lesser and lesser.

 

“You shouldn’t randomly check someone out”

 

Mina back away immediately. She was astonished

 

“I am not. I am just observing you closely” Mina said by stuttering into her own words.

 

COMPOSE YOURSELF MINA! SHOW HER CONFIDENCE!

 

Dahyun hummed in response. Dahyun position herself, the same as Mina’s. Both are crouching down. Eyes are level that forced them stare at each other. However. the gap between them is much lesser than earlier.

 

Mina could feel something inside her stomach, she does not know what it is but she likes it. The excitement she’s feeling at the moment was greater than the thrill she gets when she got her mission done.

 

Mina’s looking at Dahyun’s eyes and then on her lips repeatedly. The something inside her is now twitching her stomach, making her hold her breath as Dahyun’s own breath touches her skin.

 

“Okay” Dahyun stood up again and left.

 

Mina clenched a fist unto her heart. Releasing the air she holds for a while.

 

DAMN!

-------

October 20, 2017

 

Since that day, Mina cannot get Dahyun out of her mind. She would follow Dahyun on her way home, making sure she is safe. She wouldn’t want anyone touch her doll except her. She is for Mina.

 

Mina is hiding behind a tree, tailing Dahyun again. She is confused when all of the sudden Dahyun stopped walking.

 

“You can come out unnie, you can walk beside me” Dahyun looked at the tree where Mina was hiding.

 

HOW THE HELL?? I’m getting worse

 

Mina come out of the tree with an awkward smile.

 

“Can I really?” Mina asked. She didn’t know why but she just did.

 

“Of course. Do whatever you like, I guess” Then Dahyun started to walk again, but slower this time.

 

Mina was again found dumbfounded.

 

When Dahyun noticed that Mina was not following her, she turns around and found Mina staring at nothingness. Dahyun smiled.

 

“Are you coming or not?”

 

“Ah! Yes!” Mina sprint towards her.

 

“Can I also hold your hands?” Mina asked bravely and cutely at the same time. Mina was wearing her puppy eyes and pouty lips. Mina can’t understand herself but she wants to hold Dahyun that much.

 

“Well, I did say that you can do whatever you like” Mina smile widely and hold Dahyun’s hand tightly.

 

“Thank you” Mina said genuinely.

 

And for the first time since Mina came here at the unfamiliar town, Dahyun puts her eye-smile, the one Mina is craving for to see.

 

Mina felt home.

------

November 10, 2017

 

Since the day Dahyun had allowed Mina to stay beside her, Mina would fetch her before class, talks about anything but mostly just stares. She would also take Dahyun home. Mina wasn’t taking any chances to slip to get close to Dahyun. It was the plan anyway.

 

It was their break time, Dahyun approached Mina and invited her into a music room. Dahyun said she will tell and show her something. Mina got nervous, what the hell will Dahyun do to her on an EMPTY ROOM????

 

As soon as they walked into a room, Dahyun offered Mina to sit down which Mina complied quickly. Dahyun smiled at her and sit on a piano chair.

 

Dahyun locked her gaze unto Mina’s eyes and started to hit the keys gently.

 

Mina doesn’t know why does she feel like the beating of her heart is louder than the piano. She doesn’t understand why she feels lightheaded right now but in a good way. She doesn’t want Dahyun to stop playing and looking at her as if the music was for her.

 

When Dahyun hit the last key, she spoke “Did you know that this piece was almost throw away by its composer?”

 

“But why? It was beautiful” Mina said confused. It was truly a beautiful piece.

 

“Exactly.” Dahyun smiled at her and came closer.

 

“That’s exactly what his wife tells her and since then it had become his most beloved piece” Dahyun added.

 

(The piano composition was “To a Wild Rose” by Edward MacDowell. It was real that he tossed this composition in a bin but his wife picked it up and played the song and assures Edward that it was beautiful, and so this piece had become his best-love composition)

 

Mina can’t sleep that night.

-------

December 4, 2017

 

Mina and Dahyun’s relationship as FRIENDS deepen. They had become more comfortable with each other’s company, the even talk about their personal life but most are lies, at least for Mina’s side. Mina cherish every secret she learned from her Dahyunnie. It’s the new nickname she calls her and Dahyun calls her Minari. It was endearing.

 

They sometimes fling, No scratch that, Mina flirts with Dahyun, A LOT. Dahyun will just giggle as response. It was good for Mina.

 

When she got home from her duty as a PERSON WHO WOULD SEND A FRIEND BACK TO HER HOME SAFELY, she felt something strange on her house. Something was not right. So, she walked slowly and keeping her senses all open.

 

Seconds later, she felt knife was pointed behind her. So, she turns around swiftly, Mina used her palm to hit the hand that is holding on the knife and snatched it, then Mina slide in to the intruder’s back. She puts the blade into the owner’s neck.

 

“Chill Mina! It’s me! Momo!!” Mina checked if it was true, so she turns the trespasser around. Oh, it was indeed her friend, Momo. Mina then, gave the knife back.

 

“Still sharp as always Mina!” Momo said happily and lay on Mina’s couch.

 

“Maybe?” Mina sighed, unsure of her skills as well.

 

Momo turned her head to face Mina with a confused face. Momo was not getting it. Mina, the greatest assassin in their agency, the one everyone looked up to, the one who is very composed and confident in everything, is now doubting her skill.

 

“Anyway, why are you here Momoring?” Mina asked.

 

“Well, I, personally invite you in Sana’s birthday”

 

“You could have just email me.”

 

“Email? I did send you one when I and Jeongyeon celebrated our birthday but you never came. You didn’t even greet us” Momo puts a pout on her friend

 

“I didn’t? Oh, I must be busy on school stuff and… this whole mission thing”

 

Mina groans and sat on one of the chairs, Momo followed Mina’s movement by her eyes.

 

“Momoring, I—” she paused. Would it be the right thing to do?

 

“Momoring, I don’t think I can do this anymore” Mina admitted and anticipates for Momo’s reaction. As expected, Momo has a confused yet ready to throw a fight face.

 

“Was the mission really that hard? Should I help?”

 

Mina thinks that maybe this is not the right time to admit everything to Momo. Since, she was still unsure herself of what she really feels. She’ll confess to her friends when she knows what really is this fluttering of hearts she feels whenever Dahyun is around.

 

Mina just shook her head.

 

“I’m just getting impatient. Don’t touch her” Mina said firmly especially the last part. She almost slips out a please at the end of her sentence, she is glad she didn’t.

 

“Of course, you are” Momo chuckled. Mina smiled forcefully

 

“I have an idea!” Momo said as she claps her hands, Mina raised one of her eyebrows. Mina is feeling it was a bad idea.

 

“Why don’t you invite your doll into Sana’s party so we could meet her” Momo smirked and raising her eyebrows up and down to Mina.

 

“Uh, I’m not sure about that” The only Mina was doubting is the idea of letting Dahyun be known by her friends

 

“Come on! You’re Mina, she’ll agree. You can wrap anyone on your fingertip”

 

“Yeah…” Mina softly answered

 

Mina felt it was the other way around. She was the one who’s under on Dahyun’s instead.

---------

December 25, 2017

 

Christmas! Mina woke up early, prepared breakfast, hummed Christmas jolly song, tight-lip smile that seems to be fixated.

 

I can feel that this is gonna be a good day!

 

White blouse, black jeans, grey trench coat. It looked simple yet elegant. Mina is holding a gift she had prepared for. It’s 8am when she skipped on her way to Dahyun’s house. She wanted to greet her first personally.

 

Mina knocked on Dahyun’s door with a big smile on her face. Mina was greeted by one of the servants of Dahyun.

 

“Good Morning. Is Dahyun there? Can I see her?” Mina asked politely.

 

The servant shakes his head, “Sorry Miss but the Master is out at the moment”

 

“Do you know what time she’ll be back?”

 

The servant just shakes his head again and bowed. Mina mouthed a Thanks then leaves.

 

Mina walked around just in case she’ll bump into Dahyun. Where is she? Mina worriedly wondered. She knows Dahyun is a homebody so she had no idea where the girl could be. Maybe at Chaeyoung’s?

 

Mina rode a taxi to the place where she remembered Chaeyoung live. They may think that she’s a creeper that she knows the address though nobody gave it to her, she can’t say either that it’s in the profile her client showed to her.

 

Mina was again greeted by Chaeyoung’s maid and Chaeyoung is still nowhere to be found. Are they together? And they didn’t invite me? How rude.

 

Mina went home. As soon as she stepped on her house, she dropped her coat, throw away the present somewhere on the floor and flopped down on her long couch.

 

Minutes late, Mina heard someone’s trying to unlock the door. So, she hid behind somewhere, enough to see every corner of her house.

 

Four people who entered were recognized by Mina but they seemed to not noticed her yet so she observed. The three searched in every room, maybe to know where she is. The four gathered again at the living room.

 

“She is not here” The short-hair said

 

“Where could she be? It’s impossible she had a business on holiday” A bunny looking girl said while laughing

 

“And why is that impossible?” Mina finally appeared and gave the bunny girl a sullen gaze.

 

“MINA!!” They all shouted together.

 

“Wow, so good at hiding Mina” The short-hair, Momo stated

 

“You’re just bad at searching” They all laughed except for Momo.

 

“Anyway, you could have knocked, you know? Why did you have to sneak in like that? We’re assassins and not thieves”

 

“It was Momo’s idea. She wanted to redeem herself from the embarrassment she had last time she visited you” Momo hit Jeongyeon as if it should have been a secret.

 

“Anyway, Merry Christmas Mina!” “Yeah, Merry Christmas” Jihyo and Nayeon said and they group hug.

 

“Are you in? Let’s go hang-out at our usual bar. Sana and Tzuyu is there already.” Jeongyeon invites. Mina nodded.

 

“Okay, I don’t have nowhere to go anyway. Go ahead, I’ll go catch up later at night”

 

“You sure?” Jihyo asked

 

“Of course, I’m not a kid Jihyo. I can take care of myself”

 

The four of them take off. Mina then flopped again on her couch. She’s bored and lonely. Where’s Dahyun?

 

Minutes late, a knock was heard on her door. Mina chuckled. Did her friends really obeyed her and learned how to knock?

 

“You could come in like the usual

 

“But unnie, your door is locked”

 

Mina recognized that voice. Mina stoop up rapidly and opens the door for her

 

“Dahyunnie! Merry Christmas!” Mina greeted cheerfully.

 

“Merry Christmas too unnie. Do you have a spare time?” Dahyun asked her bashfully. Mina wanted to pinch Dahyun’s cheek right now.

 

“Yes, Always. For you” Mina assured her

 

“Uh, Let’s go?” Dahyun reached her hand to Mina but Mina looked on the floor, searching for something.

 

“Wait”

 

Mina searched everywhere and Dahyun was following her with her eyes. Smiling at the sight.

 

Mina found it, the gift she throws earlier. She handed it over to Dahyun

 

“Thank you unnie. Can I open this now?”

 

Mina nodded

 

Dahyun opened it. It was a Kalimba. Dahyun smiled sweetly and kissed Mina’s cheeks. Maybe I should get her all the instruments in the world?

 

Dahyun held Mina’s hand and took off

 

“Where were you earlier?”

 

“Somewhere”

 

“And how did you know where I lived?” Mina asked

 

“I have my ways”

 

Dahyun stopped, so is Mina. Dahyun dragged her at the IDOLU??

 

“What are we doing here at the University on a Chrtistmas Day Dahyunnie?” Mina giggled

 

“I have a surprise for you” Dahyun said as she opens the gate. Mina was surprised and wondered how does Dahyun have a spare key to the school

 

“Here? What is it? An assignment?”

 

Dahyun ignored her, takes her hand and dragged her again. They are at the music room. Just like before, Mina sits at one of the chairs while Dahyun is at the front of the piano.

 

“This is a song I dedicate for you Minari”

 

Mina’s heart is about to explode. It was beating so hard and loud. Then, Dahyun started to hit the key and sang

 

(The song is Beauty and Madness by Fra Lippo Lippi”)

 

Over there, just beneath the moon

There's a man with a burden to keep

Now sleep will fall washout rags and paper bags

Homes and lives passing by

 

Dahyun once again locked eyes with Mina.

 

Who will see the beauty in your life?

Who will be there to hear you when you call?

Who will see the madness in your life?

And who will be there to catch you if you fall?

 

Dahyun looked at her more seriously, more curious looking as if she’s asking Mina this question.

 

Now dreams run wilds, as lovers find their way

Through the nights, not a care in the world

And over there, over the twinkling of the lights

Harbor lights, say goodnight one more time

 

Who will see the beauty in you life?

And who will be there to hear you when you call?

Who will see the madness in your life?

And who will be there to catch you if you fall?

 

Along with the instrumental, Dahyun signaled Mina with her eyes to come closer to her. Mina did, she was walking towards Dahyun with her eyes still fixated with each other. Mina sat down besides Dahyun.

 

Dahyun smiled and started to sing the last part to Mina.

 

Who will see the beauty in you life?

And who will be there to hear you when you call?

Who will see the madness in your life?

And who will be there to catch you if you fall?

 

 “Mina” Dahyun placed her hand on Mina’s hand

 

“Can I be the one to see the beauty and madness in your life? Can I be the one who’d be there whenever you needed someone? Can I be the one who catches you if you fall?”

 

Mina was left speechless. Dahyun’s eyes are still on her. Waiting for her to answer.

 

“Is it a No?” Dahyun asked sadly and looked down. Mina panics, so she cups Dahyun’s face gently and make her look at her

 

“No Dahyun… I mean, I am not rejecting you!” Mina assures her. Dahyun smiled and looked at Mina’s lips. Mina’s blood rush over on her head.

 

“So, it’s a yes?”

 

“Of course, it is a yes” Mina confirmed.

 

“Then, May I?”

 

Mina nodded slowly, getting drunk at the situation.

 

Dahyun take Mina’s hand on her face and kissed it. Gaze into Mina’s eyes. Smiled sweetly that Mina could already feel that her whole-body shivers but in a good way. Dahyun put down their hands and moves closer to Mina. Closer…

 

Mina shuts her eyes. Waiting for something. Her head is already spinning, all her senses were evaded by the scent Dahyun was emitting.

 

Closer… Mina could now feel Dahyun’s breath into her. The mint feeling. Mina’s heart is beating in an insane manner causing her own breathing to be unstable.

 

Closer… She could already feel the tip of Dahyun’s lips but it was suddenly pulled back when the door in a music room was harshly open.

 

“Dahyun-ah! 10 more --- Oppss, SORRY!!” Chaeyoung said and closed the door again. Dahyun chuckled.

 

But Mina was not having it. She wanted to slit Chaeyoung’s neck right now.

 

“Are you okay?” Dahyun asked her, laughing at Mina’s reaction

 

Oh, whatever. As long as this girl in front of me is happy, I am happy too.

 

“Yeah…”

 

Mina is about to stand up when Dahyun pulled her with a little bit of force, causing their lips to finally crash. Mina closed her eyes savoring the moment.

 

It was soft and sweet just like Mina imagined, much better to be honest. Millions of Butterflies were flying in her stomach. They are not moving, just a chaste kiss. It was just a second kiss but Mina’s clock broke and the time suddenly stopped.

 

They pulled away but foreheads are still in contact…

 

FOR MINA, THIS IS THE BEST CHRISTMAS SHE HAD ON HER 23 YEARS OF EXISTENCE.