Chapter 6

All I Want For Christmas (KTH)

They sit, huddled together for warmth, talking together until late into the night. He's happy to share stories and memories with her, and interested in her time at university and her hometown and family. She wanted to study art in school but that was rejected by her parents. She took a job she doesn't like very well, doing something unfulfilling and he recognizes the frustration in her spirit, a desire for more. She hasn't settled fully into her life in Seoul and he feels as though she's just waiting for the right opportunity to arise. Occasionally, as she speaks to him softly, her voice gentle and sweet, his fingers twirl her long hair and he thinks about kissing her. 

And sometimes she feels him sigh, imagining he is thinking back to his family he hasn't seen for months, and maybe to a simpler time when he was just one of three children, in a house full of activity and love. She thinks he might miss them more than his stories admit, and she feels sad that so much of his time is not his own. She knew he'd spent many years away from his home since going in to training at 16, and he still spends many hours with his bandmates, his new family. Is he ever alone to do what he wants to do? Does he even want to be alone?

He too thought of all the time he has spent with his brothers, but in the years since their debut,  they had all grown up and had their own circle of friends and family around them and they all had someone expecting them tonight. For once, he didn't. For once, no one was looking for him. 

It would have made him feel sad except for the girl laying against his chest in a dark musty room, trapped in an encounter neither asked for. A girl who, has proven repeatedly that she cares for him, so much so that she has denied her own feelings in order to protect him. She rejected him, but only because she thought he wouldn't want this in the morning. But she doesn't realize what's in his heart. He's only just realizing it himself. And he is sure that he knows what's in hers.

Time means very little in this room, and it could be 11pm or 1am just as easily. But exhaustion finally takes over. As they begin to get drowsy, he repositions, curling up in her arms, his head against her chest. 

She lets her hands slide over his hair, checking to be sure he's no longer bleeding, and then sliding her hand softly over his back to soothe him. He moans softly as he begins to drift off to sleep. Her head lays back against the hard wall behind her, but she smiles at the feeling of having him in her arms, of his breath tickling her skin under the thin silk of her blouse, and his face pressed against her s, separated by only the fabric of her clothing. She leans down and kisses the top of his head, assuming he's asleep and it makes him smile. They sleep for many hours, their bodies embracing, intertwined for warmth and comfort, no sound to disturb them. 

He begins to stir, feeling stiff and cold, but feeling his hands run across her body, sliding up the side of her as he lifts his head woozily. He blinks hard as he sees her face, laying peacefully propped up against the back wall. Her eyes closed, still asleep. He's instantly comforted at the sight of her and he moves his face close to hers. 

He stares at her full lips and smiles, encouraged at the site of them, he leans in and kisses her. She stirs awake as she feels his lips against hers and her arms reach up to wrap around his neck, pulling him closer. He lets her kiss him back, smiling as he feels open and her tongue peek out towards his, pressing against it as her head tilts to the side. She begins to become more aware and her heavy lashes flutter open, her eyes meeting his. She smiles softly. 

"Is it morning?" she asks sleepily, smiling as she closes her eyes again. The words strike them both and their eyes pop open wide at the same instant. They look at each other, and then to the door across from them.  It's open!