Final

What do I call you now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Subscribe subscribe subscribe and let's go! ^0^

****

 

*Ding dong*

Pressing the bell, she's waiting patiently for the person to open the door. After minutes, the sound of the door lock being unlocked made her inhaled deeply, feeling nervous. The door was opened, revealing the guy with a tired face. He let out small sighs.

 

Tiffany lifted her eyes brows, feeling a bit unwelcomed "You sigh as soon as you see me?"

 

Taeyeon ruffled his hair, his face shown clearly that he just woke up. "No... it just... I just wake"

 

Tiffany crossed her arms " I know, I can tell"

 

"And it still early you know" Taeyeon rolled his eyes

 

"I told you I got another business to do after this. So where's my stuff?"

 

It took Taeyeon a second before he answered "Wait here". He didn't wait for the girl's answer as he closed the door again, leaving the girl dumbfounded.

 

"Geez, can't he invite me inside first? Why is he so cold? And it's so freaking cold outside here!" Tiffany purposely raised her voice, hoping her stupid ex-boyfriend could hear it. Ex-boyfriend. Wow, even two years have passed, that word was still awkward for her. They were broke already, two years ago due to unreasonable things. The girl was leaving for LA after the breakup but she landed in Korea again last two weeks for work purposes.

 

And fate is still there for both of them. They met last week in Taeyeon's favorite cafe. Accidentally. When Tiffany was ordering her drink while Taeyeon stood in line behind her and it was so freaking awkward for both of them since it was their first meeting after two years. They manage to have a short talk after years before Taeyeon leaves the cafe without talking much and they never met anymore after that.

 

Until yesterday, leaving Tiffany in surprise when she received a text from an unknown number and it turned out to be Taeyeon. Tiffany wondered where the guy got her number as she had changed her number after the breakup.

 

"Come to my house and take your stuff. If you still want it"

 

-Taeyeon

 

It was her stuff that she left at Taeyeon's house when they were still lovers. After the breakup, the girl never returns to take back those back. And Tiffany sighed, thinking about the text again. It was just a short text, but Tiffany could still feel the coldness coming from him. Even at their first meeting at the cafe, she already felt it. If before this, the guy was cold yet warm for her before the breakup, he turned colder than before.

 

Tiffany rubbed her arms, hoping for small heat as the coldness slowly engulfed her. It's been a month since the winter came and the weather was so freezing.

 

"What the heck is he doing inside so long!" Tiffany groaned.

 

Not long enough after that, Taeyeon opened the door and came out, looking fresh with his round glasses. He looked at the girl and received a dead glare from the girl.

 

"What?" He raised his eyebrows

 

"Where's my stuff?"

 

"Oh, let's go. I keep it inside the storage" He closed the door, walking past the girl to his storage shed in the backyard.

 

"You keep my things in storage?" She asked in disbelief, following him from behind.

 

"What should I do with all of that? And my house was full. No space left so I just keep it in there" Taeyeon could hear the girl scoffing but didn't say anything.

 

Tiffany then observed the guy from behind "Hey, why are you wearing thin clothes?" She noticed the guy just wore a dark blue cardigan with a white shirt inside. "It's freaking winter, don't you know?" Tiffany was shivering.

 

"Doesn't matter. It's just a short journey. I won't get cold"

 

"Tch, still stubborn..." Tiffany mumbled

 

Taeyeon opened the storeroom, the light inside and put a small brick between the door frame and door, holding the door from closing. He turned around to Tiffany.

 

"You stay here. I'll take it and give it to you. Don't come inside"

 

That makes the girl frown "What! Let me in too!" She protests. The guy pretended not to hear her and went inside, ignoring her glare she gave to him.

 

The wind suddenly blew, hitting her skin, making the girl groan.

 

"Urghh, I can't wait anymore" The guy was taking too long as the girl had waited for 10 minutes already. She wondered what the guy was doing inside and decided to go in.

 

"What's this?" She looked down, saw the brick, and kicked it away from the door. The door was closed as Tiffany entered the storage and she was welcomed with a lot of boxes everywhere, stacked higher inside it.

 

"Yah Kim Taeyeon!" She sees his back facing him as the guy bending down among the piles of boxes.

 

"Wait! I'm still looking for it!" As she was about to walk, Taeyeon turned around with a big box in his hand.

 

Tiffany crossed her arms. "Geez. What took you so long enough to find it?"

 

But the guy's reply was making Tiffany flinched as she was surprised at his sudden shout.

 

"YAH!" Taeyeon widened and he dropped the box on the floor, running to the closed door. Taeyeon turned the knob harshly, pulling and pushing it several times but the door didn't open.

 

Tiffany was looking at him weirdly as the guy punched the door.

 

"What? What's wrong?"

 

Taeyeon rubbed his face and groaned in frustration before he turned to the girl.

 

"What are you doing inside here?" He gritted his teeth, trying to not burst his anger on her.

 

"Looking for you. You're taking too long time, you know"

 

"But I've clearly told you to wait outside"

 

"It's too cold outside! I could die from freezing!"

 

"Don't you see a small brick before entering?" Taeyeon asked again after taking a deep breath, controlling himself.

 

Tiffany then remembers about the brick "I kicked it away. Why?" Tiffany asked back as she doesn't want to lose to the guy.

 

"YAH ARE YOU CRAZY?!" Tiffany flinched again. She doesn't expect the guy would raise his voice to her.

 

"Why would you do that?! The doorknob is broken and it could not be open from inside. I put the brick there and it was supposed to hold the door from closing!"

 

"What did you say?!" Tiffany asked in disbelief.

 

"That's why I didn't let you in. Great! Now we are trapped inside here because of you!" Taeyeon groaned again.

 

"No, you gotta be kidding!" Tiffany went to the door, pushing the guy away. She tried to turn the knob but the door didn't open. "! Open this door! Helppp!!!" She punched the door harder.

 

"Yah do something! I don't want to stay inside here!" She looked at him in panic

 

Taeyeon lifted his eyebrows "What do you want me to do? The door only can be open from outside"

 

"Find something inside here to open the door o-or... oh yes! You can break the door by kick it you know" Tiffany suggested

 

"Are you kidding me? Don't you see what the door was made from? Steel! No way I could kick it! And all things inside here are just books and old files. There's nothing I could use to open the door"

 

"Urghhh you and your stupid book obsess!" Tiffany groaned. Her eyes then scanned around the storeroom. "Where's the window? we could go out through it"

 

"There are no windows inside here but only two small holes for airflow. We won't fit through it"

 

"Yah why would you build a store without windows?! I thought you're smart enough!"

 

"Don't blame me on this! Who's fault did this happen at first!"

 

"Urghhh! I really want to kick you now, Kim Taeyeon!"

 

Taeyeon then remembering something. "Hey, do you bring your phone with you?"

 

Tiffany frowned "No, I left it inside my car..."

 

It was Taeyeon's turn to sigh "Oh my god, why didn't you bring it along? .." He felt all his chance was broken into pieces.

 

"How I am supposed to know you will take a long time just to give my things," Tiffany said sarcastically "That's why I left it"

 

Taeyeon decided to not argue again. It just wastes their energy and the door won't open just like that even if they keep arguing.

 

"What's time now?" He asked.

 

Luckily the girl was wearing a watch. "8.42 am. Why?"

 

Taeyeon sat on the floor and leaned against the boxes.

 

Tiffany frowned "Why are you sitting? Do something so we can get out from here"

 

Taeyeon looked up at the girl. "What should I do then? Scream for help? I don't have neighbors and this is a private area, remember?"

 

"Until now I could not understand why you built your house far from people" Tiffany rolled her eyes and Taeyeon just ignored her remarks.

 

"Hayeon told me that she will come today at ten. We can just shout when she comes until she hears. So, instead of arguing for something useless right now, sit down and don't waste your energy" He told her.

 

Tiffany remembers Hayeon. Of course, she would remember Taeyeon's younger sister. In fact, they still contact each other without Taeyeon's knowledge. Hayeon even knew that Tiffany was coming to Korea before the girl met Taeyeon accidentally but the younger never tells her brother as she doesn't want to interrupt the problem between her brother and Tiffany. Plus, she made a promise to Tiffany to never tell Taeyeon.

 

"What if she doesn't come?" She asked while raising her eyebrows.

 

"Do you want that to happen?" He asked back.

 

"No of course"

 

"Good. Now stop talking and sit down. I'm too tired to waste all my energy" Taeyeon didn't talk anymore as he leaned his head against the box and closed his eyes, crossing his arms.

 

Tiffany thinks that Taeyeon was right. They should not waste their energy. All they can do is just wait until Hayeon comes and rescue them. She then walked to Taeyeon and sat down beside him, still leaving a small space between them.

 

Tiffany winched a bit as her hand touched the cold floor. The storage shed was not installed with a heater and luckily she was wearing a thick coat and scarf, protecting her from the coldness but how about Taeyeon? Tiffany remembers that he was wearing thin clothes. Doesn't he feel cold right now?

 

"Aren't you feeling cold?..."

 

"Hm?" He responds with closed eyes.

 

"You're wearing thin clothes"

 

"I'm fine" He answered shortly and they went into the silent back. Tiffany bites her lips as she was thinking before she unwrapped her scarf.

 

"Here" She put it on his lap. "Wear it. At least it can keep you warm a bit"

 

Taeyeon opened his eyes. "I told you I'm fine" He gave it back to her.

 

"Aish this stubborn" Tiffany then wrapped the scarf around Taeyeon's neck, ignoring the protest from the guy.

 

"There. Wear it, stubborn. It's cold inside here. Do you want to get sick?" Tiffany scolded him.

 

"..."

 

Tiffany leaned against the box back, brought her legs to her chest level, and rested her chin on her knees. She was staring on the floor and pouting as no one was talking.

 

"...I'm sorry"

 

That made Tiffany turned to him, looking at him with a confused face.

 

Taeyeon also looked at her and their eyes were met, staring at each other.

 

"I'm sorry for yelling at you just now. I know it's not your fault and you didn't know about the door" He speaks in a gentle tone.

 

Tiffany scoffed "I'm glad you've realized it. Gosh, since when have you become hot temper? " She said sarcastically but Taeyeon unconsciously let out a small smile, finding the girl cute when she's mad.

 

'It has been two years Tiffany...'

 

Taeyeon looked straight at the wall "My mind was not in a clear state. And I'm still exhausted from working last night so that's why" Tiffany was observing the guy beside her who was rubbing his eyes. The tiredness was clearly shown on this guy's face. He looked different. The guy she used to love two years ago, the guy she used to smile a lot for, the guy she used to care about, and until today, she...

 

Tiffany gulped at her own thought, and didn't dare to continue.

 

"I'm sorry again" His voice broke her train of thought.

 

The girl looked down, playing with her own finger "It's fine. Stop apologies. I don't take it to heart" She admitted he had hurt her feelings a bit when he yelled at her. But she knows the guy didn't mean it well. It was her fault too for not listening to him when she decided to go inside.

 

She turned and saw he was rubbing his both upper arms, obviously that he was feeling cold. Tiffany silently sighed as Taeyeon was still stubborn to admit. Tiffany then saw her box of stuff on the floor Taeyeon dropped just now. She stood and pulled the box near them.

 

"What are you doing?" Taeyeon asked, watching the girl opening the box.

 

"Maybe there's something useful inside here that we can use to keep warm? I started to feel cold"

 

"I don't need this scarf. Take it back-" Taeyeon shut up when Tiffany hissed and glared at him.

 

"Wear it or you will get sick, Kim Taeyeon. Oh gosh, why are you so stubborn?" Tiffany rummaged inside the box and found her Totoro plushie. The one Taeyeon won it for her when they went on a date to an amusement park. Tiffany was clearly remembered it

 

"Hug this" She gave it to Taeyeon. The plushie wasn't too big or too small but maybe it could help a bit to ease the coldness.

 

"Huh?" He looked at her weirdly.

 

"Hug this. You need to stay warm"

 

"How's hugging this can keep me warm?"

 

"I don't know. Just do it" The guy pouted when he just did as he was told to. Tiffany almost laughed seeing him. He looked like a little kid who had lost his candies on Christmas!

 

Tiffany took out all things inside the box by pouring them on the floor and found nothing useful to keep both of them warm. She groaned. It's just her random stuff that is mostly a gift from Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon saw the girl pouted, knowing that she was disappointed. It always becomes her habit to pout when she is disappointed by something. He knows her too well.

 

"It's all right. Don't disappoint over something you couldn't help" He tried to comfort the girl and help her to put back all her things inside the box.

 

"But how about you? You're cold-"

 

"I'm fine I told you. Surprisingly, the plushie is really helped. It keeps me a bit warm. We should just wait for Hayeon to come" He continued to put things one by one. Tiffany nodded and help him too

 

They wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter