Wendy Shon & Kang Seulgi Backstory

Tangled Strings

 

Art by Yangzzz

 

Kang Seulgi, Shon Seungwan a.k.a Wendy. Their tales to tell is a little unbelievable. Other than they are born 10 days apart, they are born in the same hospital, the same time, and their mothers have their bed next to one another in the hospital.

 

After they got out from the hospital, their mothers continued to nurse to health. 2 years later, the Shon family flown to Canada. Wendy grew up there studying in Canada.

At the age of 7, wendy's parents decided to expand their business in their hometown, Seoul. So wendy returns back and continued to study there.

First day of Kindyland, the class consists of 40 students, 4 teachers so each teacher take care of 10 kids they are assigned to.

Seulgi and Wendy is assigned to the same teacher. Wendy is really bright and keeps smiling all the while, she is partnered with Seulgi throughout partner projects.

Oh right, I forgot to mention that when Wendy first step into the class, she was in aww. The first person to greet her was Seulgi.To Seulgi, the first day of school is kinda nerve-wrecking. So she decided to calm her nervous down by finding someone to be her first friend in the class. Then she saw everyone was already in their little groupies either from the same neighbour or the same daycare. She was scanning around then she found Wendy staring into space admiring the drawings and decorations on the classroom wall. So she went and strike up a conversation to her.

 

From then till high school, WenSeul is the unbreakable rival.Whether it's sports rank or academic rank, their name is never seperated from each other.

When Kang Seulgi is ranked number 1, Shon Seungwan is the one right below her and vice versa. Hence the other students never aimed for the first two ranks because it's always belongs to the two.

What more unbelievable?

Right now they're in college. But their schedules is always the same as one another. The days that Seulgi doesn't have class, Wendy doesn't too. The day Wendy has extra co-curricular activities, Seulgi has as well.And when they walk out of their classroom respectively as well. They both could be the first to walk out, 2nd, 3rd.. etc... but they WILL meet each other when they walk out at the same timing. Their peers calls them the Golden Unbreakable Soulmate (GUS). The only thing seperates them is the course of their choice. Seulgi is into photography & art, while Wendy is into law & investigation.

 

 One Night in Kang House

That night Seulgi was tossing and turning around when usually she was the first to sleep. Wendy obviously noticed it as she soon voiced out softly "Seulgi-yah.. Is something bothering you?"

"Nope. Nothing."

"As if! What happen to no lies between us? Tell me, what is it?"

"Um... WHat did you write for you course choice?"

"hm... Law? Why? Something wrong?"

"Ani... I wrote photography...." Seulgi's voice trails away

"That's great! Photography Is your passion! I'll support you!"

"Jinjja? You're not mad?"

A now visibly confused Wendy now asked," Why would I be mad? It's your passion. And I knew that from when we were little. Your excited face when you first touched and learn to use the camera. Ever since, wherever we go, you'll always bring a camera and take pictures. The pictures you took is really nice even without the professional lessons so with proper training and equipment I'm sure you'll be an amazing photographer! I'm happy for you ofcourse! Is that why you can't sleep?"

Seulgi nodded shyly. "I was scared you'll be mad when you find out... because we were always together ever since we were 7."

Wendy giggles at her cuteness, "Silly bear. So now can you sleep soundly and snore loudly now?"

"Yah! I don't snore!!"

"Yeah sure, you don't. A bear snore under my bed then." Wendy teased.

"Yahhhh!"

They both giggled.

"Sweet dreams, Seul."

"Sweet dreams too, Wani"