Wendy Shon

Tangled Strings

Wendy Shon... Just like any other teendults, she's adulting, working and studying in a prestige university. Harvard Law School. Yes, she is about to be a lawyer.

 

It was a typical sunndy day when she walk to her university because her bike brokedown, a bus lost control and rammed over to her direction.

 

 

 

Wendy closed her eyes ready for impact since her body freezed due to the shock.

 

JUST THEN!!

 

The bus freezed when Wendy opened her eyes, her surroundings, her classmates that were talking to each other were... PAUSED

 

Then somebody appeared.

 

"So, you're the chosen one. Cute face, Law school... Not bad.." She says.

"Pardon me, I'm Fischl, here to bestowe you a rare ability. Use it to help people." she said again and touched Wendy's forehead with a finger and chanting some spells.

Before Wendy could ask any questions, the one named Fischl disappeared along with the bus that were about to hit her, it was "teleported" to pass right by Wendy's side and crash into a tree. No one gets hurt, the bus was empty.

Wendy went home immediately that day. The incident has too much to processed in her mind. She lay down on her bed and closed her eyes, relaxing her heartbeat a little.

"Wani-ah~ You're home? Are you okay? Are you sick?" In comes a worried housemate and childhood friend, Seulgi.

Wendy smiled weakly at the latter, no way she could explain what has just happened. Her brain can't even think of the right words to explain it.

"I'm okay, Seul. Just feeling a little off. I'll be fine after resting. Don't worry." She said. But her housemate was less than convinced, she gripped Wendy's hand in hers tightly, just then Wendy noticed a little red stuff on hers and her friend's pinky finger.

"Are you hungry? Let me make some porridge for you?"

Wendy shook her head to the question as her bestie leaving the room, she look at the string attached, it is flexible by itself, could retract and extract on its own??

"I'm not hungry, Seul. I ate before I left awhile ago so I'm still full." -W

"Okay then. Tell me if you need anything. Tom is coming over later for a movie marathon." -S

"Yeah, sure. Thanks, Seul. You're the best."

"Was this what that Fischl girl talked about earlier?? The red string. That's the string mom used to tell me when I was little. An invisible red string tying me and my soulmate together. But the size. it's thicker than I thought?" Wendy thought.

 

Seulgi's boyfriend, Tom came over as she had said. Wendy peeped from her bedroom door. On Seulgi's finger where the string is, there is a thin red thread tied to hers and Tom's...Wendy noticed the size of it being waaaaay different than hers and Seulgi's.

 

"Gash I have so many questions! Where an I summon that girl again?!!!"

 

"You called for me, cute one?"

Wendy gasps in shocked as turns around and she saw Fischl now in her room, sitting on her bed with her raven on her shoulder.

"Finally you're here? Diid no one ever tell you that if you were to bestowed something to someone not trained in the field, you should tell them everything that they should know?"

"I was busy awhile ago. I've settled everything now so I will be here to guide you for a few days. Any questions?"

"Well, duh! Yes! Many!"

"Okay. Shoot it. I have all day. Just don't ask the 'WHY ME?'... coz the bus chosed you, not me."

"Okay.. What am I suppose to do with the ability? Write a love novel or something?"

Fischl laughed at her question. "You're funny. I like you. And no, you're suppose to cut off their misery by ending stuff early for them."

"Um... Are you speaking English 'cause, i don't get it."

Fischl jumped off from the bed and went to the door, peeing at Seulgi and Tom.

"Look, their strings are thin right? And you and hers are thick?"

Wendy nods.

"The thinner the string is, the sooner they'll end, their feelings will fade. The thicker it is, the stronger and longer their relationship is. And some people, have 1 thickest one while 3-5 thin red threads. They'll experience one person to one person till they get to the thickest string. So your job, is to cut these useless short-timed strings early so  that the thick strings ones can get to each other earlier. " -Fischl

"Oh. Wow. Sounds like a tough job. Do I have daily quota or something like that?"

"Nope. Just do it when it comes to you. Leisurely, no pressure."

So that's how Wendy the law school student end up being a relationship-cleaner because she's the "Chosen One"