part two: i see the universe in your eyes

i see the universe in your eyes

TWO

 

 

“Minjoo!”


 

The raven haired woman flinched at the loud call coming from nearby, she gulped at the familiar voice calling for her. She slowly turned around and saw her girlfriend, Chaewon, across the street— looking at her while panting heavily like she ran around.


 

With a sigh, Minjoo halted, wanting to deflate. She just watched Chaewon run across the street and approached her with a surprisingly a little bit of a worried gaze. “Why did you suddenly run away? Ugh, I had to run around just to spot you.” She muttered, grumpy from exhaustion. Minjoo’s heart melted a bit when she saw how tired and sweaty Chaewon looks.


 

“Sorry, It was just… I-I was upset,” Minjoo confessed honestly. Chaewon huffed, resting her hand on her hips. “Look, Min. I genuinely can’t remember anything, just what happened that day? Although I don’t mind it no more, you sound so restless about it.” She said while shaking her head.


 

Minjoo could only scoff in disappointment. “Whatever…” She shook it off, suddenly recalling what that Hitomi girl— or, Yujin said earlier. She mentally slapped herself and tried to push back those thoughts away. “I’m sorry for running away,” She apologized half-heartedly and weakly.


 

Chaewon arched a brow, grabbing her hand and dragged her along with her, the younger just let her. “I’ll take you home.” She muttered without looking back at her.


 

By now, Minjoo’s heart was supposed to be fluttering but it didn’t, it never reacted when her ever-so-cold girlfriend willingly volunteered to take her home. It's weird but the taller girl didn’t mind it, too worried about what happened earlier.


 


 

“Chaewon, what do you feel about our connection?” Minjoo threw her a question in the midst of the silence. Chaewon, who’s driving, was taken aback with the sudden odd question and awkwardly took a glance at the woman beside her then scratched her cheek with her other hand before placing it back to the gear.


 

“Uhh, I think we have a very nice connection. A powerful one,” Chaewon said, obviously hesitating and awkward, just blurting words that will pop out in her head. Minjoo hummed, turning to her with a pointed gaze. “Is that so? How come?” She supported another question.


 

The smaller woman was silent for a few moments, obviously thinking as she focused on the road. “I mean, we like each other. We fit each other. We look good together. We have a powerful connection and spark.” She blabbered plainly which disappointed Minjoo to the highest level because it’s too vague and too simple, and it’s like Chaewon just got forced to say it.


 

“I see,” Minjoo muttered, thinking as she nibbled her lower lip, the words that the odd girl had said to her, playing on her mind.


 

Chaewon noticed the quietness and heaved a sigh, halting the car when the traffic light turned red, using this as a chance to confront her girlfriend. “What’s wrong, babe?” She asked, reaching for her hand. Minjoo weakly turned to her, putting up a small forced smile. “Nothing, really. Just wondering.” She answered to satisfy Chaewon, and as she expected, the older just nodded and just did her own business.


 

Not long after, Chaewon dropped her off and for the first time, Minjoo refused giving her girlfriend a goodbye kiss and just straightly hopped out of the sedan after muttering a small goodbye then walked away to her home, catching Chaewon off-guard and flabbergasted.


 

The older woman just scoffed and rolled her eyes, shaking her head in disappointment and immediately drove off the driveway and zoomed through the road, eventually not minding it and the thought of asking her girlfriend if she has a problem never crossed her mind.


 

The moment Minjoo entered her house, she was still zoning out that she didn’t even notice her father by the kitchen, watching her as she took a bottle of water and walked away just like that. They never really talk much now after that incident but still, Minjoo always notices her father around, she has a very keen sense when it comes to the man so she will be able to act decently and avoid him properly.


 

She reached her room and threw her bag to the chair, then plopped down to her bed as she drank her water, mind still on the gutter.


 

Seriously, she’s so confused yet curious and terrified at the same time. She badly wanted to get enlightened more, even though what that girl from the library had said to her was too unbelievable, it did make sense— somehow but she’s still unsure whether to believe it or not. It seemed like that the girl was not joking at all, Minjoo could see the genuineness in her glimmering eyes yet she put a blindeye on it.


 

She wiped her face with her palm, absolutely frustrated. Should she try? That woman looks like she has a lot to say to her too. Maybe she should give her a chance and if things don't click in the end, then might as well forget everything and pretend it never happened.


 

Immediately, she took out her phone, opening the app and typed the username that woman gave to her, ‘yjeveryday’. It immediately popped out in the search bar and as expected, it’s in private. No followers, no followings. She pressed the request button still and for the meanwhile— as she waits, might as well do some homeworks.


 

But when she was about to turn off her phone, a notification appeared— user yjeveryday accepted her request and Minjoo didn’t even hesitate to check out the account. Her hand shook a bit as she scrolled through the profile, the icon is just plain black but the feed. It’s full of different people, the recent ones were so familiar— there are pictures of Jaemin, and Yuri and she let out a small gasp when she saw a picture of Chaewon and her.


 

She opened it and there was a caption under the post too. It says, ‘ 7/11/21: Minjoo deserves everything good in this world.’


 

Minjoo gulped upon reading that and checked the other posts but there was no caption, only dates. She took a deep breath because her mind started to run, it must be nothing.


 

Another notification popped out and it’s a message this time, from yjeveryday. Minjoo immediately pressed it though, checking it.


 

yjeveryday:

 

minjoo?

 

minjookim5:

 

uhm, hitomi?

 

please do call me yujin. it's my real name.

 

my real, real name hitomi is the name of the owner

of the body i own today.

 

okay? yujin?

can we meet tomorrow? and tell me

what is happening? enlighten me

 

of course. i will just dm you then, tomorrow.

 

sure.

 

thank you for giving me a chance to explain properly

i will enlighten you, dont worry

 

okay. see you tomorrow then.


 


 

Tomorrow came by quickly. Minjoo is riding the bus, looking outside the window and staring as she lets her mind run. Yujin messaged her this morning that the owner of the body she’s currently possessing lives one hour away and he has no car nor money as he’s a broke college student trying to make ends meet. She said she had no heart to use his last remaining money.


 

Minjoo almost didn’t believe her but she went on anyway, cancelling her plans with Wonyoung and all just to meet this odd person. Well, she did wish to be enlightened so here she is.


 

As she rode the bus, she tried her best to be ready and calm herself, she should be sharp this time and spot if they are just playing a trick on her.


 

Not long after, Minjoo reached her destination, and immediately went out of the bus when it halted at her stop. She slowly made her way towards the building nearby, a cafe, that is. She’s familiar here since she sometimes goes with Wonyoung here.


 

Opening the door gently, the bell on top of the door chimed, indicating that someone entered. Minjoo slipped inside, feeling a little bit cozy already— the place is not too crowded, thankfully. But now, who might be ‘Yujin’ here.


 

She went to the counter first, ordering a drink— just a simple iced americano and paid for it. The cashier smiled at her politely as she handed the change. “Please take a seat and we’ll just drop off the drink at your table in a bit,” She said and Minjoo just nodded, bowing a bit as she turned her heels, pocketing her change.


 

She slowly started to walk, still gazing the customers one by one and she saw a guy in the most secluded part of the cafe, playing with his fingers and gaze down low to his lap and looking troubled. Sense of familiarity struck Minjoo even though she never met him so she approached that table.


 

The guy looked up, meeting gaze with her and Minjoo saw a very familiar glint, then a tug on her heart. “Minjoo!” He called, his face instantly lit up and even raised his arm to earn her attention even though she’s directly looking at him. “It’s me, Yujin.” He added with a cheeky smile to confirm before gesturing for her to take a seat in front of him.


 

Minjoo’s lips formed into a crooked smile, sitting across him silently while the guy gazes at her, fondly. It’s not entirely uncomfortable since it’s not a predatory gaze or anything with a hidden motive.


 

“Uhh, what do you want? I’ll order it for you. I think this guy wouldn’t mind some of his money disappearing…” He said with a grin, yet apologetic tone. Minjoo immediately shook her head, dismissing the idea. “No, no. It’s alright. I already ordered something,” She said. “Should I order you something—?”


 

“No need, Minjoo,” He immediately responded with a small smile, clasping his hands together again. “I already ate before going here, thank you for the offer here. It’s just this lad is… not financially stable, right now.” Added by him, his lower lip.


 

“It’s alright,” Minjoo waved it off before pausing, pursing her lips together. “Uhm, should I call you Yujin or?” She offered, trying to signal the other one and thankfully, he got it.


 

He smiled, nodding. “It’ll be more nice,” He answered. “Although this guy’s name is Chani. Please just do call me, Yujin.” Chani— or Yujin, said, scratching his neck as he heaved out a sigh, turning serious. “So, I know you went here with a purpose. I will explain my situation more.” He started off the topic.


 

Minjoo nodded, staring at him intently as she readied her brain and ears. “I still don’t really believe any single thing,” She said before Chani could even start speaking once again.


 

Chani pursed his lips, nodding understandingly. “I know it’s not easy to take it all in but Minjoo, I’m really honest and what I said and will say are all true. I’m not fooling around with you.” He said, a little bit low and full of sincereness that it almost moved Minjoo’s heart.


 

The raven haired stayed silent, not knowing what to respond and thankfully, a worker suddenly walked up to their table and gave Minjoo’s iced americano. The latter thanked the employee and after that, turning back to Chani as she took a sip from her cup, bitter yet so satisfying.


 

“I’m ready to hear everything that you will say,” Minjoo suddenly said which made Chani look up at her with wide eyes. Those familiar glimmers in his orbs though, she couldn’t help but to gulp before continuing. “Please do enlighten me. Why did you do that?”


 

The guy smiled at her, a glint of hope flamed through his eyes. “I don’t care if you won’t believe it, Minjoo. At least, I tried.” He said, smiling ear to ear before taking a deep breath. “As long as you get enlightened, that’s fine with me. I will say everything I need to say.” He added.


 

Minjoo nodded, finally gesturing for him to continue and took a swig from her americano. Chani— Yujin, also nodded before finally speaking. “Like I said before yesterday, I'm a spirit who possesses a different body each day. I don’t know how it happened nor when it started, it just… happened and all.” He said, his gaze suddenly lowered and became gloomy.


 

“I know my name and gender, yes, but aside from those and hazy memories of my ‘past’, I couldn’t recall anything about myself, even my last name yet I could exactly function like I already lived in this world for years before this thing happened. I absolutely have no control of it.” He said, gazing through the window, there’s a hint of sadness which made Minjoo’s heart clench in pain.


 

“I-I don’t meddle with other people’s lives, I just live the way they do and try my best not to leave some mark because it’s not like they wanted for it to happen either.” He continued with a forced smile, glancing at Minjoo who’s looking and listening to him intently.


 

“I never told anyone, because it’s so unbelievable, yes? I just want to live through this endless loop until I possessed Chaewon’s body for a day.” Chani— Yujin said, staring back at her intently and Minjoo’s breath hitched.


 

Chani his lower lip, hanging his head down low. “I know I shouldn’t have done it but when I saw you at the cafeteria, walking down towards me. I made a very impulsive action and did something that myself will do if I ever got asked like that but not as Chaewon. I know how bad she is to you, as I spend the time with that body, the more I will learn something about them so I know, Minjoo.” He explained, his voice wavered a bit but Minjoo ignored it, unknowingly gritting her teeth at the sudden intensity of his tone.


 

“I said to myself, alright. Maybe, at least, this girl will experience having a responsible lover, not knowing the deep consequences of that but it’s just not that…” He paused, suddenly feeling breathless as Minjoo that he had to stop for a moment, a visible red tint appearing on his cheeks.


 

“When I spent the day with you, I felt something… A very foreign feeling, it’s scary yet so nice, so perfect like… I just want to stay beside you and make you smile forever.”


 

That made Minjoo freeze and tense, arching up a brow as she felt her heart thump wildly at the intense words. It’s bad for her heart, so bad. She could feel her grip on the plastic cup tightening but she held back, not wanting for the drink to spill on herself.


 

“It’s something I never felt before but it’s so powerful that even I, myself, couldn’t control and had to do the unthinkable… Chase you around stupidly, even knowing how complicated my situation is.” Chani— Yujin added, clenching his fists and took a deep breath before meeting Minjoo’s questioning eyes. “And I’m so not ready to stop nor let go.”


 

Minjoo closed her eyes, feeling giddiness running up on her nerves as her heart flipped, she shouldn’t have felt like this. Never. Then why is she exactly starting to believe everything?


 

But it really sounds like he's telling the truth. After all, this world is odd and has a lot of hidden secrets.


 

Maybe a chance of believing in this ‘spirit’ for a while will make her know Yujin more? She has the urge to suddenly accept everything and befriend this person or spirit or whatever. It won’t hurt, right? Along the way, she will be much more enlightened than ever and will observe her for quite a while.


 

She slowly fluttered her eyes open. “Is living like this, hard?” She quietly asked which caught Chani off guard, obviously surprised at the sudden question but it's already a hint that maybe, just maybe— Minjoo started to believe the stories and it made the spirit so happy.


 

“Not really, along the way— I found peace and small happiness being stuck in this loop. I learn about new things from different people, live like them… See the world from their perspective, there are a lot of reasons.” The guy answered, throwing her a small soft smile. “And it’s not like I could do anything. Maybe, I’m made solely for this. Maybe, a curse, a punishment. Who knows?” He added, chuckling.


 

Minjoo caught the sadness and bitterness from that chuckle and somehow, it made the woman sad too, for the spirit. It must be lonely deep inside. But nonetheless, Minjoo is interested to know Yujin further.


 

“You’re a woman, right?” She suddenly blurted out which made the guy bark out a small laugh, nodding. “Yes, I just know. I can feel it, plus, from my hazy memories. I have long raven hair and you know,” He paused, pointing at his chest and Minjoo immediately understood what he meant by that and blushed a bit.


 

“You know, I’m happy, that you gave me a chance to somehow explain what truly I am and what my motive is. I have no other intentions besides to know you more, Minjoo.” The spirit said, heaving out a sigh but nevertheless, still put up a smile. “I’m also glad that somehow, you believed me, so glad. I don’t feel so lonely and empty anymore,” He whispered.


 

The raven haired woman bit her lower lip, a small smile curving up into her lips as she placed down her cup. “Everything happens for a reason, I’m sure fate has something for us in store, that’s why they decided to let us meet in such a world.” She said softly and Chani was taken aback but recovered immediately. “I know you won’t harm me, given that your ulterior motive is just to make me feel deserved.” She quietly added with a shy smile and it made the spirit grin shyly too, somehow— she felt so comfortable because even though she never met this very guy, the spirit inside him is very familiar and nice to her.


 

Slowly, she stretched out her hand across the table and Chani looked at it, obviously confused and briefly glanced at her. “I’m Kim Minjoo, nice to meet you.” She said, smiling sweetly.


 

Chani grinned, and took her hand and sparks, Minjoo could feel sparks. “Hello, I’m Yujin, a weird spirit who inhabits a different body each day,”


 

Just befriending a spirit and giving her a chance to let her know more and vice versa, what could go wrong, right?


 


 

It’s a weekend so Minjoo is relaxed, just chilling at the balcony of her room and sipping on her hot chocolate as she watches her father cut the grasses that are growing long in their front yard. It looks like he's in a good mood because he’s doing something other than writing and he did it without her mother telling him what to do.


 

Snorting, she took a piece of croissant and then bit it, chewing it slowly as she cherished the delicious flavor of the bread with chocolate filling. She leaned on the stone railing, letting her raven locks dance and flow because of the mild wind— the weather is very nice today.


 

Not long after, she heard Hyewon’s voice intensifying from inside and saw her peeking through her door. She shot her brow up, and the older woman got the signal immediately. “Do you have any plans today? I will go out so if you have plans then I could take you there,” Hyewon asked softly, towel wrapped around her drenched hair.


 

Minjoo shook her head, she doesn’t have any plans unless Yujin will ask her to meet her later, that is if she got lucky. Sometimes, Yujin also possesses a person who is disabled so if that happens, she couldn’t do much. But if ever, then she could just take a bus or something.


 

“No, I don’t think so,” The younger one responded, mouth half full. “It’s alright, thanks for the offer.” She added and took a sip from her cup. Hyewon hummed and gave her a thumbs up before slipping out of her room and gently closed the door.


 

And as if it’s on cue, her phone suddenly vibrated on her pocket, notifying her that someone must’ve texted her and she expected that it’s Chaewon— much to her shock, it’s Yujin. She dm-ed her on Instagram, asking if they could meet at the library near her school.


 

She fumbled on her phone, instantly replying back in a hurry. And after she hit send, she immediately downed the remaining content of her cup and walked to her closet, changing into more presentable clothes before dashing downstairs— thankfully, she managed to catch Hyewon in time, her older sister was about to walk out of the house when Minjoo called her.


 

“Hye!” The raven haired woman shouted, dashing on the stairs and approached her while tucking her shirt under her jean shorts properly. Hyewon arched a brow, confused and opened the door wide for her to slip out. “Yeah?”


 

The sisters both went outside, Minjoo closed the door and followed Hyewon to the driveway where the car is parked, passing by their father who gave them a curious look but never said anything, he just continued doing his own business of cutting the grasses.


 

“Could you drop me off at the library near my school?” Minjoo asked with a small smile, double checking if she got her wallet and phone inside her pockets. Hyewon blinked, pressing the car keys and the bronze-colored family car lit up. “I thought you don’t have any plans today?” She asked then opened the door for the driver while Minjoo circled to the other side, throwing a grin to the older woman. “Well, it's sudden.” She answered and hopped in, putting her seatbelt and the older one did the same.


 

Hyewon shrugged, not minding it much and the engine of the car, lighting it up alive then maneuvered out of the driveway and entered the road but before that, she pressed the horn to signal their father that they will go now. “Study date?”


 

Minjoo blushed, shaking her head to deny it, it’s not a date anyway for real. “Uhh, no. I need to fetch some books,” She responded, averting her gaze and feeling shy all of a sudden. Suddenly, it’s so hard to say that she’s meeting with a friend, who is very special and peculiar.


 

“Uh huh, fetch some books, hmm.” Hyewon teased, humming and smirking which made Minjoo hiss and roll her eyes. “Is that Chaewon or a new one? Hopefully, it’s the latter.” She suddenly said and surprisingly, Minjoo didn’t much react to it and just stuck her tongue out before paying her full attention to her phone, messaging Yujin that she’s on the way— not long after, the spirit replied back that she’s also on the way which made Minjoo smile.


 

Unbeknownst to her, Hyewon kept ogling at her and checking her reactions, and it made her smile also before focusing on the road.


 

After a few minutes, they reached the library and Minjoo immediately went out of the car, she bid her sister goodbye and waited for the car to drive away before entering the building.


 

Smell of books and faint mint greeted her almost immediately when she entered. The library is not that packed, fortunately. After scanning the place for a while, she opened her phone again and messaged Yujin as she walked aimlessly yet slowly, the spirit already arrived three minutes earlier than her so she must be here but Minjoo isn’t quite sure who might be Yujin today.


 

yjeveryday:

 

on ur right.


 

In reflex, Minjoo turned to her right and her heart almost stopped beating when she met gazes with a woman gracefully sitting on the cushioned seat, eyeing her with intensity that it made the raven haired woman shiver. For a while, they just stared at each other before Minjoo realized something— the familiar glint, that pink haired woman is definitely Yujin.


 

She blinked before approaching the table and sat across her, throwing a small smile at her but that smile immediately faded when she realized something. No wonder this pink haired woman is too familiar too, not just the glint because she knows her. “Oh my,” She exclaimed.


 

Yujin shot her brows up, confused at her sudden reaction. “Minjoo?” She asked worriedly. “What’s wrong?” She added, genuinely worried and confused. Minjoo gasped, leaning closer to the now flustered woman.


 

“You’re currently inhabiting Miyawaki Sakura-sunbae’s body!” Minjoo yelled, then covered when she realized how loud she was and thankfully, no one bothered to hush her except for one glare from the librarian nearby. She awkwardly bowed as a sign of apology before turning to the person across her once again, couldn’t help but to gawk and stare in amazement.


 

“Oh, you know her?” Sakura— Yujin asked, smiling. Minjoo nodded, mouthing a small ‘wow’ before responding properly. “Yes, she’s literally one of the most popular students in our school. I had a crush on her before because she’s just so cool. I couldn’t believe I’ll personally meet her in the flesh and will stay in the same room close to her,” She gushed, which made the other woman laugh.


 

Sakura shook her head in amusement. “Yeah, I realized that after information came flooding in my head,” She answered and shifted in her seat. “But too bad, It’s not really Sakura but Yujin. I’m just temporary using her body,” She added with a chuckle. Minjoo shrugged it off. “But still, it’s her, somehow~”


 

“So, you will just stare at me and gush over me for the whole day?” Teased by the spirit with a smirk which made Minjoo blush, pouting. “No, it’s just that… Tss, whatever. I will not,” She firmly said then deflated. “Although, your face could be distracting,” She muttered shyly.


 

After that, the both of them talked casually, and Minjoo was surprised at how comfortable she is. Maybe it’s because she met Yujin quite a few times already and it helped that the spirit is just so good at blending in and making people cozy around her.


 

“I once woke up in a body with an injury in the head, and seriously, not recommended since I could feel their pain.” Sakura— Yujin shared, shaking her head and sighed, Minjoo felt a little bad. The spirit mostly talked, sharing some eventful stories yet the raven haired still learned and gained some knowledge from it about Yujin.


 

Sometimes, she couldn’t help but to zone out, staring at Sakura’s face— but not to ogle but to wonder what Yujin’s face must’ve been like— well, can you blame her, she’s such a curious cat. The other girl noticed the stares and kept giving her teasing smile then proceeded to continue talking about her funny encounters.


 

Minjoo also realized something, she didn’t realize that she’s slowly believing the spirit, somehow— Minjoo learned that she’s not lying at all. If this is a setup then it’s too much. Way too detailed and they will never get Sakura into this kind of thing. Plus, the stories, it’s entirely unbelievable yet it does make sense in many ways.


 

“You’re staring too much, I noticed,”


 

The raven haired woman broke into her trance, blinking for three times before looking back at her. Sakura is smiling softly yet sweetly at her, but it’s not the smile that made her blush— it’s the look, it’s the eyes and the glint in it.


 

“Sorry, I swear, it’s not what you’re thinking of.” Minjoo defended herself, waving her hands to dismiss it but Sakura just raised an accusing brow at her and giggled. “It’s just that… I’m wondering,” She quietly added with a pout.


 

“Hmm? Tell me what is it?” The pink haired woman said, leaning to the table and rested her chin on top of her palm as she smiled and stared at the flushed Minjoo. Scratching her cheek awkwardly, she finally asked the question that kept bugging her since earlier. “Do you still remember your face? Somehow, it made me think. Everyday, you ‘borrow’ other people’s faces and bodies.”


 

It made the spirit think, and Minjoo felt guilty asking such a question but she answered it anyway. “I could only vaguely remember the details of my face,” She responded, averting her gaze and stared at nowhere, recalling deeply. “My features, huh?” She whispered to herself.


 

Minjoo could feel the solemn and sad tone, it made her gloomy too.


 

“I’m so sure I have a sharp and proud nose, sharp eyes unlike Sakura’s doe and barbie-like ones, I’m so sure I have a very bright smile…” Sakura— Yujin muttered to herself, a smile slowly curving into her lips as she tried to remember the details of her own face. “Long raven locks, although, brighter than yours, I think.” She added before her gaze lowered down to her hands.


 

“I think I do have bigger and rougher hands than Sakura’s or Chaewon’s. Maybe, taller than them.” She continued with a small smile before meeting Minjoo’s gloomy eyes full of pity and chuckled, shaking her head. “Not like it matters now,” She shook the topic off because she felt her heart aching upon seeing Minjoo’s gloomy mood.


 

“You know,” Minjoo suddenly started off, and Sakura looked up at her, a curious expression etched on her face. She gulped before braving herself to continue. “I wanted to think that it’s still a setup,” She said, her lower lip and the other woman just waited for her to finish. “But slowly, I’m starting to believe. I couldn’t tell myself anymore that this is all a lie. Yes, it’s too much to take in but you…” She paused to take an intake of breath.


 

“You don’t show anything that might make me think you’re lying anymore.” Minjoo added, playing with her fingers and forced out a smile. Sakura— Yujin was in awe but not long after, she finally reacted, reaching for Minjoo’s hands that are resting on top of the table and gave it a gentle squeeze.


 

“Thank you for giving me a chance, for believing me.” She whispered as she stared right into Minjoo’s orbs, feeling warm. “I will never lie to you, Minjoo.” Added by her then smiled sweetly, so sweetly.


 

For a second, Minjoo saw the universe in Sakura’s eyes. It made her heart flutter— it felt so wrong, yet so right.


 


 

Minjoo didn’t know but after that meeting, they often met each other if they could. And by far, they’ve been meeting each other for a month already, but not straight because there would be a certain circumstance that Yujin is either far away or the person is in a terrible condition.


 

So when Yujin never dm-ed her for a day, it’s safe to say that the person is suffering some illness or disability and Minjoo is alright with that, it’s even scary how she just follow along with the flow and kept looking forward to meet the spirit even though she meets her in a different body each day. That excited feeling never faded.


 

She became very comfortable with her even more, even though the person is a stranger, the spirit is Yujin. They even fool around. And if the person is in the same school as Minjoo, they would secretly meet around because they know it’ll be a risk so they would just goof around after their classes.


 

Wonyoung is even getting weirded out since Minjoo kept disappearing quite frequently and would even refuse her invitation for a stroll or shopping but she understood it and just shrugged it off. Also, Chaewon— they spend time with each other less now and the latter doesn’t seem to mind it much so Minjoo is in relief. Chaewon is too busy with her practice anyway.


 

All in all, she fully believed Yujin’s spirit situation now.


 

Minjoo entered the familiar place, it’s the cafe where she met Yujin as Chani. The spirit dm-ed her earlier that the person she’s currently possessing is around this area and unfortunately, broke too. She actually insisted for Minjoo not to come but the latter was too stubborn and wanted to meet the weird spirit today— she doesn’t have any afternoon classes anyway.


 

She made her way towards the secluded spot after ordering two iced coffees, the cafe is warm and cozy, not packed with people too since it’s only one in the afternoon.


 

Almost immediately, she spotted a figure at the same table where they met and the said person is looking outside the glass window. As far as Minjoo knows, Yujin said she’s currently possessing a girl named Jung Jinsoul and this woman looks like someone named Jinsoul, plus— the familiar glint in the woman’s eyes, it’s definitely Yujin.


 

Minjoo smiled and immediately ran towards the spot, taking a seat on the chair across the table, catching the other black haired woman off-guard. “Hey, I—” She paused when the other person stared at her, weirdly. “Uhm? Excuse me?”


 

Blinking, Minjoo slowly realized something— embarrassment creeping up into her whole existence and started to blush out of humiliation. She stood up hastily, bowing at the stranger. “I-I’m really sorry, I mistakenly thought of you as—” She was cut off by a laugh.


 

“Hey, Joo. It’s me. Haha,” Jinsoul, or rather, Yujin said after calming down from laughing hard and sheepishly grinned at the frozen Minjoo. And she shrieked when Minjoo suddenly slapped her arm, not that hard but not too soft too using her bag and gave her death glares.


 

“God, Yujin. I hate you so much,” The raven haired woman huffed, rolling her eyes and sat on the chair while the other woman just giggled, sticking her tongue out. “Sorry, I thought it was funny to fool you around and your reaction was priceless!” She exclaimed, shaking her head as she stared at Minjoo with full amusement.


 

Their order came and Minjoo immediately pushed the other drink to Jinsoul, and the latter gave her a sweet smile. “I’m really sorry you had to ride a bus here and even ordered me a drink,” She said, scratching her head. “It’s just this Jinsoul girl is saving up for something special that she will give to her girlfriend later on, and I don’t have the guts to spend some of her well-earned money.” She explained with a cute pout.


 

Minjoo laughed wholeheartedly, waving it off as nothing. “It’s alright, I really admire you for not touching the money of hers.” She said with a smile, taking a sip from her coffee.


 

After that, they succumbed into another talk— they once again created a world where they could only access. Minjoo felt so glad and happy as she intently listened to Yujin’s stories about Jinsoul earlier. All of the travel and efforts are worth it.


 

“This girl forgot to do her Literature homework earlier, thank god, I have knowledge about it so I immediately did it or else, she will fail. She got so tired last night from her night shift so she didn’t manage to create a draft or anything and instantly fell asleep.” The spirit blabbered and after that, she took a sip from her coffee and shook her head. “Anyway, enough of me. How was your day?”


 

Minjoo grimaced, shaking her head. “Eh, not that eventful. Chaewon didn’t even pay mind to me when I passed by her when I greeted her.” She whined, obviously upset and there was a frown that formed on Jinsoul’s face. “She’s such a ,” She cussed, not amused. The raven haired woman glared at her then sighed. She knows how much Yujin despises Chaewon and is vocal about it.


 

“I told you, Joo,” Jinsoul— Yujin softly said, reaching for her hand and then held it dearly which made her heart jump. “Even way before. You deserve someone better.” She added, serious as she gave it a gentle squeeze, staring directly at her eyes.


 

Gulping, Minjoo had to avert her gaze away and almost pulled her hand back because of how it made her feel so… intense and it’s terrifying how her heartbeat’s pace raced. But soon after, she looked back at her slowly and shivered because of how fondly the other woman was staring at her. God, her eyes— it’s sparkling and it’s pulling Minjoo in.


 

“Then who do I deserve?” Minjoo finally found her voice and quietly asked. Jinsoul smiled at her, leaning even more closer before reaching for her cheek— gently caressing it and then tucked the stray hair that’s covering her face, behind her ear, “Me.” She answered, giggling to herself and then leaned away to finish her coffee. Minjoo just raised her brow at the ‘joke’.


 

Yujin would always often offer herself whenever they ever fall into a topic like this and to be honest, Minjoo is starting to overthink. At first, she really thought that Yujin did this out of pity but as the day passes, Minjoo starts to wonder that there’s maybe a completely different reason.


 

And what scares Minjoo the most is: she’s liking it even though it’s dangerous, so dangerous but she can’t seem to stop.


 


 

“Hey, babe,” Chaewon’s familiar voice entered Minjoo’s ears, she reacted instantly and turned to where the voice came from and saw her girlfriend approaching her with a small smile playing on her lips.


 

Weird. Minjoo didn’t feel flutters anymore whenever Chaewon called for her first but her body reacted immediately so she didn’t pay much mind to that. It’s just that… she could notice the changes, it’s not Chaewon who’s changing but it’s her.


 

“Oh, Chae,” Minjoo softly said as the shorter woman halted in front of her, the latter’s arm snaking around her slim waist and surprisingly, Minjoo became tense and uncomfortable. Maybe, it’s just because it’s been a while since Chaewon became so close with her like this.


 

Chaewon threw her a sheepish and lazy grin. “It’s been a while since we went out alone together,” She said, gesturing for the exit. “How about let’s have a date today.” She added as she followed Minjoo’s turtle pace.


 

Minjoo froze for a few moments before awkwardly scratching her nape. “How about tomorrow? I’m not free today, I’m meeting a friend nearby,” She responded with an apologetic smile. The response made Chaewon frown. “I noticed that you kept spending time with your new friends, since when did you get so friendly?” She asked, pissed and there’s a suspecting tone hidden behind her tone.


 

“They’re my online friends.” Minjoo plainly lied through her teeth. Never has she thought she’ll reject her girlfriend for Yujin or just for anyone else. “So, if you’re not free tomorrow then I think we will just reschedule our date.” She said with an uninterested tone.


 

Chaewon’s frown deepened as they approached the exit, the both of them settled at the side so they wouldn't interrupt other people. “Woah, woah,” She exclaimed, brows furrowed. “I think that’s a little bit too much, no? You’re ditching me for your online friends or whatever.” She said in disbelief.


 

Minjoo bit her tongue, trying not to say anything. Chaewon just huffed, shaking her head. “I just wanted to spend time with my girlfriend, yet...” She paused, squinting her eyes lightly. “You know what? Whatever, just message me if you’re free.” She continued and then slightly rolled her eyes as she walked out, leaving Minjoo there by herself.


 

The raven haired scoffed in disbelief, shaking her head in disappointment as she glared at Chaewon’s retreating back. “Not like you didn’t do it to me countless times before. You get to take your own medicine,” She grumbled under her breath before starting to walk to the gates, she still needed to meet Yujin at the Han River Park.


 

After the short bus ride, she entered the park and immediately sent Yujin a message. The spirit instantly replied where she's currently staying at and Minjoo walked towards the mentioned place as she scanned the surroundings, it’s very windy and peaceful today. Very nice weather.


 

She spotted Yujin almost immediately because the spirit said the outfit she’s wearing this time and thankfully, it’s a woman again. The last time when Yujin was in the body of a guy named Kim Seungmin, they got a lot of prying eyes on them because they were being too ‘sweet’, like a stranger commented.


 

“Joo,” Yujin called for her so softly, and as far as Minjoo knows, she’s in the body of a foreigner woman named Myoui Mina.


 

Almost everyday, Minjoo will always hear her name being called by different voices, yet her heart’s reaction will be the same. After all, they are all one spirit anyway. It’s Yujin who is always calling her.


 

Minjoo smiled brightly at her, taking a seat beside her on the grass while Mina— Yujin fumbled over the bag she brought and handed a packed sandwich to the raven haired. “I decided to make some sandwiches, this Mina girl is so loaded,” She said with a giggle. Minjoo playfully rolled her eyes as she unwrapped the sandwich, the pleasant smell of it greeting her that made water already. “But that doesn’t mean you will take advantage of her.” She commented and took a bite from the sandwich, instantly in delight. Yujin is a nice cook.


 

The blonde woman laughed wholeheartedly, it’s very feminine. “I just bought some ingredients.” She defended and also started to eat her sandwich.


 

After that exchange, they talked again casually— they would just talk of anything, gossip, random topics, conspiracy theories, and many other stuff. Minjoo is enjoying as usual, she feels content and all.


 

They were happily talking when they didn’t even notice a presence behind them, the said person is observing them with a curious gaze before deciding to approach them since they are too busy talking with one another.


 

“Minjoo?”


 

The two of them instantly stopped talking and whipped their heads towards the direction where the voice came from and Minjoo blinked, immediately composing herself when she saw Wonyoung. “Wonyo, what are you doing here?” She called awkwardly. “Oh, I was about to meet Daehwi here.”


 

Wonyoung then turned to the blonde woman beside Minjoo and gasped, for a second, both Yujin and Minjoo became tense. “Oh my, aren’t you Myoui Mina?” She asked, covering and eyes wide in shock.


 

Mina— Yujin nodded slowly, putting up a small smile. “Yes, hello,” She said and Wonyoung squealed, making the others flinch before bowing. “Hi! I’m Jang Wonyoung, Minjoo’s close friend! I’m a huge fan of your artworks,” She said, obviously excited.


 

Minjoo side-eyed the blonde woman who looked a little bit scared, and awkward. Mina giggled weakly, shaking hands with the excited woman. “Hello, Wonyoung-ssi. It’s nice meeting you.”


 

“Oh my, I never expected this at all. I didn’t know you knew Myoui Mina, Min!” The youngest yet tallest whispered harshly to Minjoo who just gave her a forced smile.


 

This is bad, really bad, actually since the Myoui Mina herself doesn’t really know Minjoo at all. So far, this is the first time they encountered someone they personally know while they are together, as much as they could— they would always meet in a place where they will not most likely meet someone who might possibly know them because they don’t want no trouble.


 

It seemed like Yujin got the signal and immediately moved.


 

Mina stood up, dusting her skirt before throwing them a smile then glanced at her watch. “It’s getting late, I should go now. Thank you, Minjoo-ssi for accompanying me here.” She softly spoke then grabbed her purse. Minjoo also stood up, nodding as she maintained her eye-contact with the spirit, trying to communicate.


 

“It was a lovely talk,” Mina then said again and turned to Wonyoung, bowing slightly at the taller girl. “It’s such a wonderful day, I met someone who admires my work. See you around, Minjoo-ssi, Wonyoung-ssi but too bad, I need to go now.” She said, straightening her blazer and smiled again before walking out.


 

Minjoo lets out a small sigh of relief but she felt sulky when Mina’s figure disappeared, ugh, Wonyoung had to ruin their plans and she’s upset but the both of them thought that it will happen soon anyway.


 

“Wow, you personally know Mina!” Wonyoung blabbered as the both of them walked through the pathway, latching onto the older woman. Minjoo just shrugged. “It’s just that I saw her alone there and accompanied her there, nothing much.” She responded plainly and not even glancing at her friend who kept whining about Mina.


 

What a great day. Their plans got ruined. Well, there’s a tomorrow anyway.


 


 

For a few days, Wonyoung bugged her about Myoui Mina and after that, she and Yujin never met again— well, they do still message each other on Instagram to communicate, it’s just that there were situations and circumstances which led them to have a failed meeting. For instance, Yujin woke up in the body of someone who had some urgent stuff or Minjoo had some important exams.


 

But after five days of not meeting each other, they decided to meet once again at the hidden abandoned playground Yujin found before, it has a nice view of the city too plus, the body she’s currently inhabiting belongs to someone who’s a little bit known around so they can’t risk anything going out and exposed to the public eye. Minjoo immediately agreed although they will meet in late night because Chaewon insisted for them to date— which didn’t go well.


 

When Minjoo reached the playground, the spirit immediately noticed her gloomy demeanor and scowling face. Yujin could already read Minjoo like an open book after hanging out with her often for more than two months now— she could certainly tell whether Minjoo is alright or not.


 

“What’s wrong, Joo-yah?” Yujin asked, standing up from the rusty yet intact swing to meet her halfway. The raven haired woman scoffed, shaking her head and passed through the woman, taking a seat on the huge rock and sighed. “Nothing much, It’s just that… Chaewon was being an to me in front of my friends earlier,” She muttered and the mention of it made her frown again.


 

The spirit, who’s in the body of a famous singer trainee, Kriesha Chu— immediately sat beside Minjoo, a little bit worried for the woman yet blood boiling in anger when she heard about Minjoo’s girlfriend again.


 

“May I know, why are you still holding her? You know that it’s not working anymore. Look, without you carrying the relationship, both of you guys are hopeless.” Kriesha— Yujin asked, taking a deep breath as she crossed her arms. That question made Minjoo think and sigh deeply, just staring at the night view of the majestic city and starry night sky.


 

The spirit didn’t also speak after that, joining Minjoo to stare and admire the scene before her, she suddenly reminisced when she accidentally found this place. She woke up into someone suicidal last month and treats this as his safe haven, the guy also had some plans taking his life here the day where she entered his body— thankfully, she managed to stop him and tried to get him some help, and as far as Yujin knows, the guy is now doing well in life.


 

Minjoo briefly glanced at the woman beside her, she didn’t even realize that she’s in Kriesha— a trainee Minjoo used to admire before, she couldn’t even bring herself to fangirl because everything is too peaceful and quiet. She just stared at the other woman as the latter admired the scene before them.


 

She saw the familiar sparkle and glint in her orbs, it’s the trademark that Minjoo always uses to spot if it’s Yujin or not. It made her wonder, does Yujin’s own eyes have this glint? It’s so beautiful and distinguishable— for Minjoo, that is.


 

“I’m still trying to hold because I don’t want for our relationship to be put into waste,” Minjoo answered honestly, and it earned Kriesha’s attention. The latter tilted her head and glanced back at her. “So it means, you don’t have any feelings for her anymore?” She questioned and Minjoo felt like she was splashed by cold water all over.


 

She didn’t even notice that she didn’t reason that she still loves Chaewon. She winced, does she even still love Chaewon at this rate?


 

“I know there are still feelings, of course,” Minjoo started off, her lower lip before continuing, “But it’s not that strong anymore. It’s partly my fault too for not doing anything and letting myself fall out. But Chaewon won’t even do anything that’s why I’m completely falling out of love and getting tired of everything related between us.” She said with a frustrated sigh.


 

Kriesha— Yujin silently stared at her for a few seconds before breaking something to her. “Then why are you still holding? There is no absolute valid reason to stay, Minjoo. I’m a witness of how Chaewon badly treats you. It’s getting unhealthy and it’s not working anymore, why stay?” She responded, shaking her head and continued gazing on the twinkling stars.


 

Minjoo drowned at her own thoughts. She realized how fool she was for Chaewon— she’s not happy, she never became genuinely happy with Chaewon because everything feels one-sided (which is) but turned blindeye on it because she was so smitten.


 

“I just want to feel loved, to feel deserved, to feel wanted, Yujin.” Minjoo muttered, breath hitching. “I want to be genuinely happy.” She added, broken which made the spirit’s heart ache, silently turning to her and stared at her as she listened intently while Minjoo poured her feelings and burdens out.


 

Tired. Minjoo is tired, she knows it’s not working anymore— it’s just that she kept giving Chaewon a chance to change and become better but it most likely won’t happen at all. Maybe, she should let go for real— it’s her who will be pitied and suffer much in the end anyway for letting their relationship stay afloat alone.


 

“I can do that.”


 

Minjoo’s ears perked up, slowly turning to Kriesha— Yujin’s side. The spirit is looking at her intently and full of fondness that her heart flipped, butterflies are starting to fill her stomach up and giddiness creeps up into her nerves.


 

The raven haired woman didn’t utter anything, just staring back at the other woman with the same intensity as she tried to process what she had just said to her. Okay, maybe, Minjoo saw it coming and this will be one of her ‘jokes’ again but— there’s no trace of playfulness in this one, only full seriousness and full of sincerity.


 

She became tense when Kriesha— Yujin reached for her face, gently cupping her cheek before moving her fingers to sweep the stray hair away and tucked it behind her ear then threw her a small yet sweet smile. For a moment, Minjoo saw the whole universe in the spirit’s orbs.


 

“I really like you, Kim Minjoo.”


 

Minjoo’s heart exploded rainbows, gently spreading through her chest and it made her warm, she felt refreshed. She swore, her world stopped for a few moments when those words rolled off Kriesha, or just, Yujin’s tongue.


 

“I will try my best for you to feel loved, to feel deserved, to feel wanted.” The spirit continued, a slight tint of red spreading through her cheeks. “And make you genuinely happy with what I can offer,” She added.


 

Minjoo became mum, she doesn’t know what to say actually, this confession caught her off-guard. But everything felt right, so right.


 

Kriesha— Yujin bit her lower lip, stil gently caressing her soft and warming cheek with her thumb as she maintained eye-contact with her. “I know I’m new to this, I never felt this way before until I meet you but I’m ready to do anything just to see your beautiful smile.” She muttered, gently scooting closer to Minjoo, engulfing the remaining space between them.


 

Blushing even more, Minjoo still kept mum but the erratic beating of her heart is not unnoticed, she could feel it so well and she’s afraid that the other woman might’ve heard or felt it. She never said anything yet.


 

The spirit then sighed, finally breaking their eye-contact and averted her gaze. “I’m just a lone cursed spirit who wakes up in a different body everyday who happens to start harboring deep feelings for you after that one fateful day at the bay, with me as Chaewon.” She said, breathless and gulped. “The urge to own you is so strong that I chased you around and broke my real identity to you. I thought it was just pitiness because Chaewon is being a neglectful lover but as I spend time with you, I started to realize that there are completely different reasons.”


 

Minjoo’s breath hitched, feeling her whole existence freezing when Kriesha— Yujin stared back at her, the glint in her orbs didn’t fade, Minjoo could still see the galaxy, the universe in her eyes.


 

“Please, Kim Minjoo. Give me a chance to make you feel happy,” The spirit paused, throwing a small smile before continuing. “Deserved,” She whispered, moving her hand to hold Minjoo’s hand. “Wanted,” She gave the raven haired woman’s hand a reassuring squeeze then stared back at her eyes once again, smile not fading nor faltering. “And loved?”


 

There was silence, both Minjoo and Yujin were holding their breaths while staring deep into each other’s souls. For a moment, the spirit lost hope and slumped her shoulders in defeat and her the corner of her lip twitched, feeling helpless and hopeless.


 

But then, Minjoo suddenly took a deep breath, a smile started to form on her lips, eyes sparkling. “You know,” She whispered, a little bit strained after all of those intense emotions she felt all at once. “I just realized today…” She muttered, tilting her head.


 

“What is?” Kriesha, or, Yujin asked, a little bit confused.


 

Minjoo grinned sheepishly at her. “You’re already making me feel happy, deserved, wanted, and loved, Yujin.” She responded and didn’t wait for Yujin to sink that all in when she surged forward for a kiss.


 

When their lips met gently, the spirit swore, she malfunctioned and lost herself for quite a while that time— she’s still in the process of sinking what Minjoo had said but the raven haired had to double kill her by swiftly pulling her into a soft and gentle kiss.


 

It was just a short sweet kiss. Minjoo pulled away after, a smile still intact and giggled at the other woman’s reaction, even pinching the latter’s cheek to pull her back to Earth. “Cute,” She commented before placing a kiss on the corner of Kriesha— Yujin’s lips.


 

Okay, it’s kind of weird that she just kissed Yujin while she’s in Kriesha’s body but to be honest, Minjoo doesn’t care anymore, she thought of Yujin anyway— not the trainee. She should really talk with Yujin about these things.


 

“I-I,” The spirit stuttered. “Joo…” She whispered with a low voice, gulping and still malfunctioning. Minjoo just observed her, smiling as she tried to calm herself down. “So it means…?” She quietly asked.


 

“I still need to talk about things with Chaewon, but I guess it’s the feelings that matters, right?” Minjoo responded with a chirp, leaning in closer to press a chaste kiss on her cheek. “I like you too, Yujin, by the way.” She muttered. “And I see the universe in your eyes.”


 

Another round of malfunctioning and Minjoo just laughed it off, tightly holding Kriesha— Yujin’s hand as they conversed lightly under the night sky. The moon, the sky, the stars— they are the witness of their lovely interaction.


 

“We should talk about other factors,” The spirit whispered, leaning her head on top of Minjoo’s head as the latter rested hers on her shoulder, fingers intertwined as they provided each other enough warmth. “We know our complicated situation…” She got cut off by Minjoo herself by hushing her.


 

“Let’s talk about that in another time, for now, let’s enjoy this peaceful night.” The raven haired woman said gently, then fluttered her eyes close, enjoying the warmth her lover is giving her. She never once felt this warm close to Chaewon, and it’s so comfortable, she just wanted to sleep.


 

Kriesha— Yujin just snorted, pulling her closer and hugged her throughout the night.


 

Minjoo didn’t see trainee Kriesha Chu, she saw herself with a tall woman with broad shoulders, long raven hair dancing along the wind and has a very bright smile.


 


 

A/N: Anddd that’s for part two~ I see a lot of people already whining and worrying over their ending like… chill ;] haha, but i do hope you guys liked this! Please, don’t hesitate to comment, it motivates me greatly~

 

Sorry for the mistakes, if there is~! Also do point it out if ever so I could edit it uwu!

 

Upvotes are also well-appreciated, as ever. See you on the 24th for the last part!