Separated

Separated

Johnny met Ten during Ten's first year in the University, the two were inseparable and you wouldn't see one without the other. With Johnny about to graduate and Ten still has a year left of school he became pregnant with Johnny's child. Ten being an exchange student his family is all the way in Thailand so Johnny's family took care of him like he is their own. He felt so welcomed by them and his pregnancy went easy because of that, he gave birth to a healthy baby boy and recieved so much love but Johnny was a bit distant to Ten though. He's been a great father to Hendery, whenever Ten needed to study for a test Johnny would take Hendery and play with him till he gets tired and goes to sleep.

Little less than a year Ten became pregnant again and this time Johnny's parents decided to get them an apartment together. The first few weeks everything was fine till Johnny came home less and less, Ten trying to finish school while watching his son and the one in his stomach is kicking and moving around took a toll on him. Almost every night he cried from stress and wanted to vent to someone but there's no one at home but his clueless son. He wanted Johnny but he knows the older is working hard and might need some time to himself because of work. One night while playing with Hendery his water suddenly broke, he contacted Johnny but didn't get any answer so he called Johnny's parents and they took him to the hopistal instead.

An hour before Ten is about to give birth Johnny finally arrived and he seemed drunk. "Is the baby here?"

"No, not yet and where were you? And are you drunk? I called you but you didn't answer."

"I just went to get a few drinks with some of my friends and my phone died,"

When their second son was born Johnny suddenly sobered up when he saw his baby's face, he still couldn't believe that he made this tiny human in his arms. He went up to Ten and placed a kissed on his forehead. "You did a great job babe."

---

Their youngest son was only 3 months when Johnny's old habits started to come back, he's been coming home more late than usual. Ten just graduated from University but couldn't get a job right away since he wants to prioritize being with his kids. One weekend afternoon Johnny walked up to Ten who was preparing milk for his youngest son. "Babe...can we talk?"

Whatever come after that sentence is never good, Ten sat the bottle down and gave his full attention to Johnny, he's scared of whatever he's going to say. Johnny took a big breathe and gave a big sigh. "I don't know if I'm ready for this."

"What are you talking about?"

"Being a father...I don't think I can do this."

"Are you being serious? Johnny we already have two kids and you're just now saying this?"

"I'm still on my 20's and I want to go out with my friends and drink but no I have to stay here."

"I'm in my 20's as well Johnny! I want to go out and drink as well but the kids need us more!" with all the yelling the two boys started to cry and Ten's attention went directly to them.

"Babe please..." Johnny tried grabbing Ten's arm to turn him aorund but Ten slapped the older on the cheek. 

"Johnny if you want to leave then go, I'm not stopping you but just know the three of us won't be here. You're single now, you can do whatever you want and go out as much as want."

"Babe..."

"Go! I don't need you anymore...we don't need you." Ten went to Donghyuck's crib took him out and tried to soothe him to stop crying. Ten couldn't look at Johnny or else he might just break down and now he need to be strong for his two boys.

Johnny did walk out and within a few seconds Ten cried which caught the attention of his oldest son, he crawled to Ten wondering what happened to his Papa. "It's just us three now baby."

Ten packed his and the boy's things and left, everything else is the same in the apartment but he did leave a picture of the boys and his promise ring that Johnny gave him after Hendery was born. He is truly in love with Johnny but if he doesn't want to settle down in this lifestyle then he's not gonna force it. For now him and the boys will be staying at a hotel before going back to his home country, he decided to raise the boys there with the help of his family. Before Ten could leave South Korea he wrote a letter to Johnny's family aplogizing for taking their grandkids away from them and promises that the boys will know their loving grandparents and that he will update them about the boys', by the time they'll recieve the letter he will be home starting a new life as a single parent.

Johnny didn't come home that night but came back the next day, it was almost noon when he arrived to an empty apartment. He looked around each room and didn't see any sign of Ten and his kids, he didn't think Ten was serious about leaving. He entered their shared room and found a framed picture of Hendery smiling while holding Donghyuck and on the bottom of the frame was an open box with Ten's ring. Seeing that broke his heart, Ten leaving will for sure change his life, he love Ten and was a bit possesive when it came to him, he has never met anyone as caring and beautiful as Ten. Johnny has experience being with a lot of people but Ten was different, something about the younger pulled him closer.

The next few weeks Johnny was happy that he didn't have a curfew and that he can stay out and drink as much as he can but he always regret it the next morning when no one is there to make him hangover soup or give him kisses like his boys does when they want to wake him up. His parents blamed him for his family leaving but they can't just push away their son but they encourage him to reconcile with Ten so he can be with his little family once again.

Six months after Ten left he went to Thailand to meet him and to deeply apologize to him and the boys as well. He knew where Ten lived as Ten took him there to introduce him to his family. Johnny knew Ten's family ran a business so he went there and seeing Ten smiling to the customers and he wishes that smile is only for him. He knew he messed up, he wanted to go run up to Ten and just hug him but knowing Ten he would just be pushed away. While his eyes are on Ten he heard babies laughing and he turned to the side and sees Ten's sister Tern playing with his boys, Donghyuck smiling and laughing so loud while Hendery is hiding from his brother. Johnny decided to just go back to his hotel and go back home, seeing Ten happy and his kids having fun he doesn't have the heart to take those away, this is his punishment for not being there for his family.

---

18 years have passed and Johnny is still missing his family, his parents moved to Chicago and lives there now leaving him all alone. He did start a photography business with the help of his parents but something he never got to see ever since his parents moved was seeing his kids' face, it's been over 10 years since he has seen photos of his kids since Ten only sends it to his parents and not to him. Now he's starting to get back in a relationship and is going out with a teacher that his friend introduced him to, they have been together for almost half a year and everything is going great.

"Johnny hyung will you be attending Jeno's graduation?"

"Of course, my boyfriend is his teacher after all." he answered Jaehyun who he met through his work. Jaehyun works as a model and he's married to his high school sweetheart who can be mistakenly be a model but decided to work as Jaehyun's stylist. The two have 4 kids and one on the way as Taeyong, Jaehyun's husband, is pregnant once again.

"We'll get to meet Mark's boyfriend as well, he'll be graduating with Jeno and he's actually Jeno's best friend."

"Didn't he study in Canada? How did he get a boyfriend all the way here in Korea?"

"Mark comes home from time to time and I guess Jeno introduced him to his best friend...I don't know Johnny hyung, it's their business." the graduation is this weekend which is 3 days from now, he made sure to clear his schedule then since he promised to his boyfriend that he will be there for him.

The weekend is finally here and he woke up early to get dressed and pick up his boyfriend to drive him to where the graduation will be taken place. He sat next to Jaehyun, Taeyong and Mark while the rest of their family is at Jaehyun's parent's house since they won't be able to handle all four kids together. When the ceremony started his boyfriend was the one in charge of calling the names of every graduating students and Jeno's name is called they clapped the loudest to let him know where they are sitting. After all of that the students went to a big area where they can meet their family and get some pictures taken, Johnny of course volunteered to take pics of the family.

When Johnny was setting up his camera to get the proper setting and when looking through the view finder he spotted someone from far but instantly lost the person because of the huge crowd. When Jeno found them he took pictures of the family and he can't deny how Jaehyun's family look so picture perfect. One thing did bother him though, that person he saw on his view finder. While listening to Jeno introduce his boyfriend Jaemin, Mark came up from behind him holding someone's hand, that boy seems to be around his age.

"Uncle Johnny this is Haechan, my boyfriend." the other boy called Haechan holding a bouquet of sunflowers smiled and bowed to them.

"Well it's nice to meet you Jaemin and Haechan but I have to go find my boyfriend, Doyoung." Johnny walked away and wasn't really paying attention where he was headed cause he was reviewing the pictures he took that he accidentally bumped to someone.

"I am so sorry." Johnny helped pick up the things that fell on the ground and stood up to give the things that the other person dropped.

"Thank you so mu..." Johnny is as shocked as the other person, never in years he thought he would see this person.

"Ten? What are you doing here?"

"I'm here for Hae-Donghyuck's graduation, how about you? What are you doing here?"

"It's my friend son's graduation as well and they invited me to come." of course he lied about the real reason why he's here, Johnny knows it been years but doesn't want to let Ten know that he's in a relationship.

"Well...it's great to see you again Johnny." Ten walked passed him and before he could get far Johnny grabbed his arm.

"You said Donghyuck is here...can I see him? Is Hendery here as well?"

"Hendery is in the car getting something and Donghyuck is with his boyfriend which I'm trying to look for him."

"Can we catch up some other time then?...with the kids as well."

"I'll try talking to the boys but I can't promise anything." Ten continued to walk away and Johnny could only watch, he's seeing Ten leave him once again. He then went to look for his boyfriend.

The next day Johnny went to Jaehyun's since Taeyong invited him over for dinner, Taeyong is a great cook so Johnny is always happy whenever he gets invited. Mark is sitting in the living room channel surfing and Johnny sat next to him. "So when are you going back to Canada?"

"I'm planning to go on a vacation with my boyfriend, I already asked his father and he gave us permission to go."

A few minutes before dinner started Mark's boyfriend who is as well as Jeno's best friend came over. Everyone talked happily and the focus went to the two lovers. "It's just not fair that Mark hyung asked my best friend out. Now everytime Haechan and I hang out Mark hyung is always around."

The older ones laugh at how the siblings, Mark and Jeno, are fighting about hanging out with Haechan. "Oh Haechan how is you father and brother?"

"They are doing well Mr. Jung, they are actually touring around Seoul. My Papa lived here years ago so he's just trying to see if everything else is still the same."

As the night goes Johnny remembered that he has to go meet up with Doyoung, he aplogize for leaving early. Johnny feels bad for seeing Doyoung tonight and the next day he has plans with Ten. Johnny and Doyoung went to a bar to grab a drink, maybe Doyoung had a little too much to drink. Johnny took him back the younger's place, before Johnny could leave he placed his phone on the side table and put his shoes on when his phone had a notification and Doyoung picked it up and unlucked the phone. Johnny never set a passcode on his phone so others can easily access it, Doyoung being drunk just randomly pressed an icon and it turned out to be his photos and Doyoung scrolled and up and sees a picture of Ten holding their babies. Doyoung knew that Johnny was in a relationship before and had kids with that person but it has been years so it didn't bother him at all. "Johnny! Who is this?"

"That's my ex, you know that."

"Why do you still have it? And he looks eerily familiar, like I've met him before."

"If you've been in Thailand then maybe."

"Thailand? Haechan is from Thailand."

"Haechan? Jeno's bestfriend?"

"Yes, Suh Donghyuck is our foreign exchange student."

"Suh Donghyuck? Haechan is Donghyuck?"

"He likes to be called Haechan." Johnny left Doyoung's place with so many questions. Did he really just meet his son without knowing it's his son?

The next day Johnny contacted Ten through social media, he has questions to ask the younger. He really hope him and Haechan just have the same surname and not him not knowing recognizing his own son. Ten messaged him back and decided to meet up at a cafe they used to go. Johnny arrived first and ordered coffee for the both of them and hopes that Ten still drink the same type of coffee. Ten arrived a few minutes later and Johnny swears that Ten never aged, he's still as beautiful as he remembers. "I'm sorry to keep you waiting."

"It's alright, I haven't been here that long...are the boys coming?"

"Uhh no, they wanted to sleep more. They stayed up a bit late last night playing games on their phones."

"Ten I'm not gonna beat around the bush about this so I'm just gonna ask you straight up. Does Donghyuck go by Haechan?" he can obviously from Ten's eyes that the younger is shocked that he knew that information.

"Yes he goes by that name now, but he still uses Donghyuck for anything legal. How did you know about that?"

"So Donghyuck has a boyfriend, how about Hendery? Can I see what they look now?" Johnny purposely ignored the question.

"Yes both of them are in a relationship and here, this is a picture we took after Donghyuck's graduation." Ten gave Johnny his phone to show a picture, both boys look so grown up that they passed Ten when it came to height. Both of his kids are so tall now.

"Did you tell them that we're meeting up? Did you ever told them about me?"

"Yeah, I don't like lying to them and I did tell them about you, I just never showed a picture."

"Ten I just want you to know that I did look for the three of you and there's not a day that I don't think about the kids and you as well."

"You looked for us? And then what? Did you find us?"

"Yes I did but I saw how happy you were, you were smiling. Something I haven't seen in a while, I didn't want that smile to disappear so I went away instead."

"You know I wouldn't have stopped you if you wanted to see the boys." the two talked for almost the whole day talking about their kids, Johnny loved seeing pictures and videos of the kids growing up. As the night ended Johnny walked Ten to his hotel, they talked like nothing ever happened like they're back to University days when they just started dating. They gave each other an awkward hug and bid each other goodbye. Johnny walked away with a smile on his face and failed to notice that someone is following him. "Suh Johnny!"

Johnny turned around and sees Doyoung obviously looking furious. "What were you doing with Haechan's parent? Are you cheating on me?"

"What? No! You know I have an ex and I have kids with that person and that person is Haechan's parent...Haechan is my child."

"Wait...that little devil is your child?"

"Doyoung are you drunk? Where were you anyways? It's really late."

"I went drinking with Mr. Moon and so..."

"Oh Mr. Moon? So that explain the hickey on your neck?" Johnny knew that Doyoung has been seeing someone behind him and now he knows who.

"You two awfully have been spending a lot of time together and every time we spend time together you smell different and I know it's not mine or your cologne. So is there something you want to tell me?"

"Your making this about me? I caught you with Haechan's parent which turns out to be your ex and you're turning this against me?"

"Doyoung I never lied about my past life ever since we started going out, I made it clear that I have kids. And what about it if I was with Ten, I was just trying to catch up what my kids were up to."

"It looked like the both of you were having fun, seems like you're ready to get back with him and play family."

"Kim Doyoung I'm done. You always accuse me of things I never did and yet I play blind when it comes to you. You think I never knew about you seeing someone? And it turns out to be someone from your school, a fellow teacher. I'm done with all of this Doyoung."

"So that's it. You're breaking up with me so you can get back with that guy? Fine we're through." at that moment Johnny didn't feel any kind of pain, nothing like when Ten left. Him and Doyoung only went out for half a year anyways.

A day later he contacted Ten again, he didn't want to waste any time, he wants to see the younger and their boys for as much as he can while the three of them are here. He also has yet to see his oldest, Ten told him that this time he will be bringing the boys with him and Johnny has never been so nervous in his entire life.

Ten on the other hand is having a hard time convincing his kids to meet up with their father. "Papa do we really have to go?"

"You boys need to meet up with your father, do you really think you can live on without even seeing his face?"

"We survived this long without him." a remark coming from Hendery.

"We're gonna meet your father and if you guys don't comply you both will be in a lot of trouble." the two know better to not make their Papa mad, they started to drag their feet following behind Ten. Hendery would rather be on a call with his boyfriend and Haechan wants to hangout with Mark but they have to meet their father.

"Papa he left us almost two decades ago but you still want to meet him?" Ten turned around just to give the two a menacing look.

"Listen you two, your father didn't leave us. I was the one that left, I made that decision. Your father love you both dearly and if you two don't show your father respect you won't be seeing your dear boyfriends for months. So behave!" they might be taller than their Papa but they are deathly afraid of him.

The three arrived at the restaurant early, they went and sat at an empty table. The two boys sat with their back facing the door so they didn't notice Johnny coming in but only heard a voice calling their Papa. Ten stood up and the two boys followed, they turned around to see who it is and Haechan is more shocked than his brother. "Oh? I met you before, Mark called you 'uncle'."

"Yes we've met, I'm friends with Mark's parents." Johnny sat down next to Ten across from Haechan. Hendery couldn't control his expressions and was obviously not liking this situation. Johnny tried talking to the two and notice that they would only reply when Ten gives them a specific look, at that moment he knew that getting along with his own kids will be a challenge. Johnny offered to pay and while Hendery and Haechan thanked him it somehow didn't feel sincere, the two boys walked ahead leaving Ten and Johnny to walk side by side.

"Hey I'm very sorry about how the kids are acting." Ten apologized.

"It's fine, I completely understand." even though Johnny felt heartbroken on how his kids are towards him he can't help but understand the situation.

"Ten...if it's alright with you I would like to take the boys out tomorrow, to get to know them better.

"Yeah that's perfectly fine, I'll try talking to them and I'll message you later." the two said their goodbyes and Ten went for a handshake while Johnny was going for a hug so the two awkwardly hugging each other. The two boys saw the situation and couldn't help but shake their heads. Later that night Ten did message him that the two boys agreed to hang out with him tomorrow but Johnny has the feeling that the boys were forced. 

The next day Johnny met up with the two near their hotel and like what he said they hung out till night time, the boys did seem like they enjoyed their day with their father and seeing them smile warms Johnny's heart. On their drive back to the hotel Hendery who is sitting at the passenger seat of Johnny's car faced him and look at his father with a serious expression. "What is it son?"

"Dad...do you love Papa?" Johnny was curious as to why the oldest is asking him that. He looked through his rear view mirror and his youngest has the same expression.

"Of course I love your Papa, why the sudden question?"

"Then why are you with Mr. Kim?" Haechan retorted.

"How did yo-...yes it's true that I went out with Mr. Kim but we broke up."

"Was it because of Mr. Moon?"

"How and where are you getting these infromation from?"

"They were kind of flirting with each other at school so I was shocked when I found out that he had different boyfriend." Johnny explained with them what happened with him and Haechan's teacher but also told them that Doyoung was the only person he's been with after their Papa. He has yet to find anyone better than Ten.

"Then Dad you better make your move then."

"What do you mean?"

"Papa has a suitor and he seems like he's not about to give up." seems like his two boys are on his side.

"If your Papa like him then I can't do anything and what's wrong with your Papa having a suitor?"

"He's nice but too controlling and Papa sometimes avoid him sending Aunt Tern to do the business for him instead."

"Boys I'm not promising anything but like I said, I do love your Papa and I wouldn't want anything in the world but be with him and to be with the two of you." Johnny dropped the two and for sure felt a lot closer to his boys.

When the two boys got to their hotel room they told their Papa about what they told their Dad and Ten couldn't believe they told Johnny about the Chinese suitor. "Why did you tell him that?!"

"Papa we don't like him, we like Dad better." Hendery talked back.

"Days ago you didn't want to meet your father now you're siding with him? Your Dad and I separated years ago so let it be."

"So you want to be with Mr. Qian?"

"I'm not gonna have this conversation with the two of you."

"Well on to another subject, Hendery hyung and I are still allowed to sleep over at Mark's tomorrow, right?"

"Yes you two can still go."

---

While the two boys went to Mark's early in the morning to spend more time with them, Ten is left all alone and he decided to go on a stroll since they'll be leaving in a few days. He only ever went to school and barely went around the city, Ten decided to visit the University where he attended and met Johnny. Seeing the students go in and out is a bit nostalgic for him.Going to a cafe where he always get his coffee and happen to bump to the giant. "Seoul is not that small but we still see each other."

"It's great seeing you too Ten."

"Look what the boys were saying about a 'suitor'..."

"No worries, I'm not that all upset or mad. You're a good looking and I'm not surprise you caught someone's eyes." the two ended up sitting in one of the table and talked till the cafe closed. It seemed like one of their old dates back in University, they completely forgot about their old fights. They ended up in the bar and had a few drinks, maybe a little too much to drink that the two ended up in Ten's hotel. (I'll let you guys' imagination run lol)

The next morning Johnny woke up and somehow couldn't feel his right arm and looked at the source of the problem and sees Ten cuddled up to him with only half of the sheet covering his lower half of the body. He doesn't really remember much of what happened last night but seeing both of them together under the sheets, clothes everywhere and some condoms in the trash can gave him all the clue. Looking at Ten made him completely forgot about his arm not recieving any blood and just stare at Ten, he has always been vocal about his opinion on Ten's looks. Johnny doesn't know how long he's been staring at Ten that the younger started to stir from his sleep.

Ten woke up a bit sore from the bottom and once he opened his eyes he saw Johnny, everything came back to him and he cowered from embarrassment. He could not believe him and Johnny did it last night. He for sure not gonna drink that much next time. "I can't believe this happened again."

"Again? What are you talking about? You've done this before?" Johnny propped up looking at Ten.

"Johnny are you serious? Do you not remember? That's how Hendery was concieved, we went to a party and got drunk. We ended up making a baby that night."

"Oh yeah, well it's a good thing we used a this time."

"Yeah cause I'm not going through another pregnancy again." Ten got up to use the restroom but grabbed the blanket to cover his body.

"Ten I've seen your body about a hundred times and you're just now shy and covering your body?"

"After two kids, you're body kinda change." Johnny walked up to him, hugged and placed a kiss on his forehead.

"You're beautiful no matter what and I'm always thankful to you for giving birth to the boys."

"Johnny what are you trying to get at?" Ten pulled away still hugging the blanket.

"Look, after the kids mentioning that suitor you have it kind of got me mad. I know our past isn't good but I want to get back with you."

"I don't know about that Johnny." Johnny didn't want to take any chances and kissed Ten, after they pulled away from each other Ten playfully punched Johnny's chest.

Somehow Johnny convinced Ten and the two boys to stay with him for the remaining days. When Johnny picked up Hendery and Haechan at the Jung residence the two got confused why Johnny was driving the oppsoite direction from where their hotel are. Johnny had two extra rooms in his house and was using it as storage but cleaned it up before picking up the boys. "So what happened last night that we moved in with Dad?" Hendery asked, curious as to how they got here.

"Nothing happened sweetie your dad and I just made up and forg..." Ten couldn't finsih his sentence cause Johnny had to interupt.

"We had ." the two boys were shocked but saw it coming.

"Johnny!!" Ten slapped Johnny on the arm.

"What?! They're old enough to hear that. I bet you they've done it with their lovers."

"I don't need to know what my kids are doing with their boyfriends and I know they wouldn't want to know their parents' life."

The three only had four days left in Korea and spent it as a family and once they left to go back to Thailand Johnny didn't feel as sad as he was before. This time he knows he can go see the boys without being scared. Now that him and Ten are back together and now that he's more matured than last time he is putting his family before anything else. Starting over with Ten is hard but he's gonna make it work. Johnny does visit the three almost every month, he hates being separated from them and plans to move them in Korea with him. He have talked to Ten about it and he doesn't think it's a bad idea. Haechan is happy to be moving since he'll be closer to his boyfriend Mark and also his best friend Jeno. Hendery is just excited to be in a new place and him and his boyfriend Xiaojun's relationship is strong and sees each other every other month.

---

A year passed and Johnny finally got everything ready, he's ready to be living with Ten and the two boys. He went to the airport to pick the three up and on the way he picked up a bouquet for Ten, he has never done this to anyone other than Ten. Once he saw the three pushing their luggage and he walked up to them and hugged Ten right away. "Dad we're here too, do we get a hug as well?" Haechan might not have been with him growing up but the attitude is exactly like his.

"Of course, you boys' room are ready and I invited the Jung's over for a get together." the drive back home was fun, they talked the whole time and with Ten being in the passenger seat, Johnny holding Ten's hand the whole time with the engagement ring he gave Ten when he propsed to the younger a few months before. This is the family he always imagined and ready to see what the future brings ahead.

 

 

 

 

A/N: I honestly don't know about this story, I've been wanting to write a JohnTen oneshot.

-hope you guys like it, hate it. It doesn't matter to me