fin

If.
Please log in to read the full chapter

How long did you think your life today? Was it a good thinking? Something dangerous? Ridiculous?

How many times did Tzuyu walked in that bridge for the last 7 years? How many times did she think about jumping there and end everything? That, she doesn’t know.

She lost count of everything. She’ll turn 22 in a matter of days but that didn’t feel like it. It feels forever.

Everyone already left and she’s still there. She can’t seem to get out of this place no matter what.

She remain there in the middle of the bridge looking at something that didn’t even matter. She’s just there and it feels that was enough to fill every void within her.

Slowly, she walked closer to the railings and placed both of her hands on the cold metal as she tightened her grip.

Should I do it?

Should I do it?

Should I do it?

She chanted as she breathe the cold air.

Everyone would be happy if I’m gone, right?

They’ll live more comfortably without worrying about me. About my future.

Placing her foot on the railing, ready to go to the other side of the bridge, she stop.

Or rather she was stopped.

“Are you sure?” She was sure the voice came from her back.

She released a sigh, not wanting to deal with anyone right now.

Then she felt it.

Warm hand

“I asked you.” the stranger once said.

“Can you let go? I don’t even know you.” Tzuyu briefly paused before continuing, “Are you going to throw some trash? Do it already and leave me alone.” she knows how rude she sounded but for someone who’s committing suicide, why would it matter? She’ll go to hell either way.

“Well then, I’m Sana.”

“Well then Sana let go of my arm.”

“Are you that lifeless to do this?”

Am I?

“I am. Now, for the ing nth time, will you let go?” Tzuyu’s getting irritated as time passes. Just when she finally decided to do it there’s some stranger wanting her to stop.

“No. Do you really want me to watch you die and get traumatized for the rest of my life?”

Tzuyu finally faced Sana, "Did I say that you should watch? I told you to go, didn’t I?

“You’re pretty…dumb.” Sana said as she examine Tzuyu’s features.

“What?”

“I said you’re dumb so I won’t let you.” she smile timidly.

Tzuyu scoffed, “You’re the dumb one. You know what I wanted but you’re here trying to save me.”

“See? You’re really dumb. Of course, I’ll save you. Everyone will.”

“Do you even know how many years I’ve been on the same spot you saw me?” Tzuyu grab Sana’s hand and slowly remove it on her arm, not breaking their eye contact. “Just because you did it, everyone will. Not everyone cares.”

Sana was left dumbfounded.

It was the first time she met someone as cold as that girl’s eyes but she’s not gonna lie. She’s very beautiful.

She wanted to go after the girl but what she should say to her? “You don’t want to die, you want to be saved?” Is that it? Was that enough?

I have to see you again.

 

That simple encounter with the girl made Tzuyu’s body of energy depleted and it was just a 30 minute talk or probably not.

She certainly needed a long sleep and she thought maybe she should passed away while she’s asleep. That’ll make her life more easier and no more stranger trying to save her.

She went inside not minding her parents who’s bickering again in the living room. It’s not like it was the first time she’s seeing it. She’s actually tired of it and wishes they separate asap. It doesn’t matter where she ends up to be honest.

That night Tzuyu let her mind rest completely with her headphones on and the same music she’s been listening for months.

She woke up due to her alarm going off and as the usual she lazily get up to get ready for school. She did everything in a matter of hour and immediately go down only to meet her dad who’s sipping his coffee with newspaper on his other hand.

“Make sure you’re really going to school this time, Tzuyu.”

Tzuyu boringly looked at his dad not wanting a life lesson right now. “Why would it matter to you? It’s my life.”

“It’s my money. I didn’t send you to college to just play around.”

“I’m useless either way but sure.” she said and went out of the house.

What a useless conversation she thought as she walk on the same path. On the same bridge again.

She stopped and look at the railings for a moment until she felt the same warmth from yesterday brushing through the palm of her left hand. She strangely looked at the hand that was intertwined with hers and the owner of it. It’s that girl again.

“What the .” Tzuyu blurted out but Sana flick her forehead.

“Watch your mouth.”

Tzuyu trie

Please log in to read the full chapter