Bringing home the "non-existent" "boyfriend".

Obsession

 

The car halted. The engine switched off. The last light of the house in front of the vehicle switching off into blackness.  She was asleep. Taking this as a sign the girl hoped out of the car, opening the trunk of the car to reveal the unconscious, bound body of her boyfriend.
 
She smirked, using al her strength to drag the heavy body out of the car and she made sure that she was alone, no witnesses. She had to be sure of that. After all what she was doing would be considered a crime by any sane human being this including her housemate and best friend JiHae. The two had known each other for years and bringing an ex-boyfriend home in this fashion would start worry and ruin any friendship.
 
But, still the girl dragged him into their home and had the perfect plan on where to keep him hidden far from her roommates view and knowing. A dark and eerie place in their home. Sound proof enough and cold and damp. Grey walls built high as she dragged him to her desired destination: The basement, where a lone chair awaited him.
 
 She looked around the silent house, the light sound of scraping feet across the floor. He was heavy but her desire to keep him was much more dominant, helping her carry his weight through the main room of their home and across to the basement door. She placed his body on the cold, tiled floor as she searched for the doorknob in the darkness. Her slender fingers grasped the cold metal turning it and opening the door into his new World. The heat slowly decreasing as she once again picked him up and dragged him as quietly as she could down the stairs, trying not to wake up her best friend who was hopefully sleeping peacefully in her room a good storey and a half above from where she was now, slowly getting further and further underground. 
 
Exhaustion taking over the girl as she finally passed the last step, flinging the boy into the chair tiredly. Using the ropes she had previously stored she secured him there, blindfolding him and turning on her heel. Her mission was done. She had him exactly where she wanted him, with her and there was no way he’d be leaving her anytime soon. 
 
The girl tiredly climbed up the stairs and locked the basement door behind her, heading up to her own room and retiring into sleep. 
 
 
JiHae’s POV: 
 
The door clicked. Someone was inside the house. My eyes shot open, my mind still half asleep. Who could possibly be coming in at this hour? A robber?! A murderer?! My heart picked up speed as I pondered until a sudden realization settled the feeling. Yuri went out last night, it must be her. She said she had to go talk with her boyfriend. 
 
This mystery boyfriend of hers who she’d never let me see saying, “He’s too handsome and you’ll fall for him. He loves me so don’t even think about it”, she’d always avoid the question and guard him away from anyone else but her. I started to doubt his existence. Normal best friends would like to share their love lives with their friends and at the very least introduce them to someone who makes them so happy…. Or insane.. 
 
I slowly snuck out of bed hearing a door open and light thuds coming from down stairs. I shook my head, the girl must be cooking again. It always happened when she was drunk, which as of late she had been a lot. Maybe her and her boyfriend had been fighting lately. But, then again what did I know? She never told me anything about him or them, only that she had some stupid, overrated love for this guy and how I was missing out by not having a boyfriend and purposely choosing not to.
 
I laid back down and closed my eyes. Pfft, how stupid?! Love was a waste of time anyway and I wasn’t bothered by the whole my best friend having a boyfriend and myself growing to be an old woman with a bunch of cats for company. There were too many heartbreaks in the World and I thought nothing of love, it was the best way to keep myself from being hurt.  
 
But, still deep down I wonder where this soul mate of mine is that everyone is meant to have.. 
 
The door clicked once more and louder thuds grew as they descended up the carpeted stairs, shuffling feet growing distant as another click sounded. She was asleep. ‘I’d have to check on her in the morning….’, I thought, closing my eyes and falling into a dreamless sleep.