FINAL

Stay With Me (MarkHyuck•2Chan)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Sungchan sees his friend sitting alone on the playground, he lets out a long sigh. Due to the fact that it is now late, there are no people in the area, and he has arrived to pick him up.

""Yah! Are you okay?" Sungchan gently pushed him and squatted in front of him so that he could see his face. "Hyuck."

"I'm fine. This is not the first time that he has rejected me." Hyuck gave his friend a sour grin and looked him in the eyes. Owing to his extreme concern for him, his eyes are trembling with worry. "Sungchan-ah. Please don't look at me in that way."

"I mean, how could I not? I'm worried about you, and there's nothing I can do to stop it."

"I'm sorry. But I clearly told you not to look for me Sungchan-ah."

"I'm sorry, but I can't do it." Sungchan's brows were drawn together.

"But, as I already said, I like Mark." Sungchan didn't respond to Hyuck's kind statements.

"I know. You don't have to remind me since I'm well aware of what I'm doing." Sungchan took a deep breath and rose to his feet. "Let's go. I'll walk you home."

Sungchan was well aware that Hyuck would never give him a chance, but he confessed nonetheless. He had first determined that he would not tell Hyuck about his feelings, but he couldn't stop himself from doing so. He's getting tired of watching him chase after Mark on a daily basis, and maybe expressing his feelings would help him a little bit.

However, this is not the case.

"Have you eaten?"Sungchan was the one who asked. Hyuck does nothing but shake his head.

"Let's have something to eat there. The spicy rice cakes are on me since they're being sold there." Then he grabbed Hyuck's hand and dragged him along with him.

"I'm just going to go home." Hyuck looked him in the eyes and smiled. He was aware that Sungchan was tired as a result of his rigorous study schedule, which is why he asked that he not look for him.

This one, on the other hand, is stubborn. He's not listening to him.

"Alright."

"How's your study? Have you already found a university to attend?"

Sungchan made a clicking motion with his tongue. "I'd say I'm doing quite well for myself. But I'm still undecided about where I want to go."

To be really honest, Sungchan has previously taken and passed a test. He took two exams: one was for the institution that Donghyuck would attend, and the other was for a university in another country where his parents are now residing and waiting for him to come.

He's so certain that he'll go to the second option. He'll simply sit back and wait for Mark to realize Hyuck's feelings for him and accept his love, after which he'll go quietly.

Donghyuck is completely unaware of Sungchan's plans, but Sungchan is certain that the outcome will be positive as a result. He solely cares for his friend, and the two of them have been friends since they were in high school. His high school life has been made wonderful by Hyuck.

Why can't Mark see him?

Donghyuck has a big crush on Mark, and Sungchan is well aware of this. However, the latter is refusing to acknowledge it, despite Hyuck's multiple attempts. He isn't going to give up on him, and since he is just a friend, he will support Hyuck in whatever he chooses to do in order to make him happy.

"I have no doubt that you will succeed wherever you go since you are smart and independent."

"Yeah. Thank you, I understand." He cracks a smirk.

---

"Is it good?" Hyuck asked Sungchan after tasting his fresh baked cookies.

"Mm." Sungchan nooded. "It's yummy, I'm pretty sure he'll like it." He smiled.

"I knew it."

"You'll give all of that to Mark?"

"Of course not. I also made some for you duh." Then, with a sigh, he picked up a few cookies and gave them over to Sungchan. He looked up since the other was tall and smiled at him.

"Wow, really? Is this for me?"

"Why do you look so happy? It's not like your first time."

Sungchan smiled at him as he grabbed the box, then the shorter's hair to make him feel more comfortable.

"You don't understand. Thank you Hyuck."

Whatever Donghyuck handed him, he couldn't keep a smile off his face, and he cherishes everything he receives from him as well. It's true that he loves him and considers him to be very precious. How come Mark Lee's eyes were clouded and he couldn't see how sweet and beautiful this guy was in front of him?

"Aish. Don't mess my hair! I just styled it!"

"I can't help it. It's so soft."

"Stop! I'm going now."

"Where?"

"He contacted me earlier to say he'd want to meet up with me." He managed to sneak a lovely smile onto his face, which caused Sungchan's heart to beat faster.

When he smiles like that, he seems much more beautiful, which further piqued Sungchan's attention. More than Hyuck could ever have imagined.

He is worried about him and wants to protect him.

If Mark is able to make him smile like this, he will no longer be willing to fight.

"Really? Well, fighting."

Donghyuck gives him a wink, and he begins to pack the cookies and get ready in preparation for his date with Mark. The only thing Sungchan can do is stand back and admire him. He's really delighted that the precious person in his heart is also happy.

"I'm going to go."

"Yeah. Take care." Sungchan makes a move with his hand.

He will, however, follow him later. He's interested in seeing what happens between them later on.

Sungchan, on the other hand, is concerned. He's been dismissive of Hyuck from the beginning, and he's baffled as to why. He doesn't comprehend what I'm saying.

Sungchan took great care to ensure that Donghyuck would not notice him, and he did a good job with it. He arrived to the café but chose not to enter; instead, he would just observe them. There's Mark, who looks like he's going to go on a date since he's dressed well.

Will they be able to?

"Why is it so cold today?"

His attention was also drawn to the fact that Hyuck's cheeks were flushing, particularly as Mark patted Hyuck's hair.

"Ahh Mark Lee you lucky bastard," Sungchan ruffles his hair and lets out a long, deep sigh. When Mark grabbed Hyuck's hand and they were ready to get out of the cafe, Sungchan's eyes opened and he bolted away. He can't let Hyuck to see him.

Is it all over now?

----

Hyuck was taken by surprise when Mark asked him out on a date, which is why he's here. He's strolling beside him, and these little things may already make him smile. He was aware that they were going on a date today, but he chose not to tell Sungchan since he didn't want to hurt his feelings.

Sungchan is a very important person in Hyuck's life, and he is one of his closest friends. He's been there from the beginning, but he didn't anticipate the younger one to develop feelings for him as time progressed.

But what options does he have? Mark is the one he is interested in.

"Why did you ask me for a date today? Do you feel bad?" Mark inclined his head in response to Hyuck's question. The older one cracked a smile.

"No, I kind of want to see you. I don't know why."

"Are you missing my presence?"

"Tsk. You can say that."

Hyuck made a face and giggled.

"Do you know why I keep rejecting you?"

"Because you don't like me."

Mark rubbed the back of his neck and flashed a timid smile. "No. It's not that I don't like you. I just, I'm not ready to be in a relationship." Mark bit his lip and fixed his gaze on the younger.

"And before I accept you, I want to be completely ready so I can be a good boyfriend."

That statement made Hyuck blushed so hard. He thinks that Mark is so sweet.

"Well, if that's the case I can wait for you." Hyuck giggles. He's obviously happy.

"You will?"

"Duh, I've been waiting for you since middle school. I can't give up now. You know how much I like you." Hyuck said and pouted.

Mark guffawed and squeezed the cheek of the younger boy.

"I'll come to you. I promise." Mark remarked as he slipped his hand to Hyuck's and tightened his grip on the hand.

---

Sungchan is thinking hard when someone hits his head. It's no other than Yangyang. He's with Renjun and Jaemin.

"Aw! What was that for?!" Sungchan cried and caressed his head.

"To wake you up." Yangyang chuckled and sat in front of him. Renjun and Jaemin chuckles too.

"Yeah, wake up Sungchan-ah." Renjun said.

"Tss. What are you doing here?"

"Uhm, we saw Mark and Donghyuck earlier together so we decided to see you." Jaemin answered.

"No need to worry. I'm fine."

These three guys here are also aware of Sungchan's undying feelings for Hyuck.

"I think they will be boyfriends pretty soon. Why don't you start packing up?" Yangyang said.

"Do you want me to leave that early huh Yangyang?" Sungchan brushed his hair.

"Yeah, kind of. I want you to move on too. You told us that you'll leave when Mark accepts his feelings."

"But he hasn't accepted it completely." Sungchan clicked his tongue.

"Mark is slowly acknowledging him and this day is the first step. You have to stop now Sungchan-ah." -Renjun.

Sungchan already pictured this but isn't it too early? Well, if Mark is going to accept Hyuck's love then that's good. But, he can't leave yet.

"Will you miss me if I leave?" He asked the three and they all nodded.

"He will gonna miss you more." -Jaemin said and grins.

Renjun rose to his feet and took a seat next to Sungchan. He wrapped his arms around the younger boy and held him tight.

"Cheer up Sungchan-ah! We're here for you, and you're not that bad." Renjun placed his hand on Sungchan's chin and studied his features. "Look at you, you're handsome and a wonderful person. I have a feeling there is someone out there who will come along and love and appreciate you more than you can imagine, and Hyuck is not that person."

"I do, however, appreciate the contrast in height between them. Consider the following scenario: you're embracing Hyuck and he can hear your heartbeat. What sort of k-drama is that, by the way."

"Stop it Jaemin." Renjun greeted his teeth.

Jaemin rolled his eyes. "Fine."

"I know Renjun. Believe me."

"Okay, I believe you."

"But how did you know that Harvey is the one for you?"-Yangyang asked and this time, Renjun's cheeks reddened.

"Harvey? Who's that? And why are you blushing?" Sungchan looked at Renjun confusedly.

"His boyfriend. He met him on the street while performing a song and that guy noticed him. He's good at singing."

"Wow, and you're not going to tell me? Am I still your friend?"

"Listen, I'm going to tell you but I forgot."

"Tch. How's he?"

"He's very sweet and he always sings me a song. He owns a condo here and I come over sometimes." Renjun winks. He looks happy too.

Will he ever be happy like that?

"Ah! It's cold. Sungchan-ah, can you make me a coffee?" Jaemin smiled at him and Sungchan could only shake his head and took his friends inside his house.

----

Sungchan has been gazing at Hyuck while also paying close attention to what he is saying. During his date with Mark, he asked as to how his day had gone, and Hyuck was reluctant to share his thoughts with him. Without a doubt, he is aware of Sungchan's feelings for him, and he does not want to hurt him, but Sungchan persisted insisted.

"He said he wants to be better for himself before getting in a relationship with me so that he can be a good boyfriend to me. You know, I'm surprised when he said that." Hyuck couldn't hide his smile while telling a story.

Those words are painful for Sungchan, but he is relieved that Hyuck is happy since he deserves it more than anything.

"I'm happy for you, Hyuck." Sungchan remarked with a smile on his face, despite the fact that something was hurting in his heart, he didn't mind it.

Hyuck sighs and takes up a position next to him.

"I'm sorry Sungchan-ah." He pouted and rested his head on the younger's shoulder.

"Hmm?" Sungchan looked at him confusedly.

"I'm sorry that I can't return your feelings. You're a good guy Sungchan. You deserve better."

Sungchan chuckles. "Don't be sorry Hyuck. It's me, if only I can control these feelings. But I can't." He stated this while tightly clutching the older boy's hand. Hyuck shifted his eyes away from their intertwined hands and turned to face Sungchan.

The younger one is gazing at him as if he were the most important person in the world.

"However, I don't have regrets for liking you. I really don't want you to know because it's no use. I knew who you liked in the first place but what can I do? You were the one who captured my heart." Sungchan caressed his hair and his cheek.

"I want you to be happy, Hyuck. That's all that matters to me. You don't have to worry about me, I'm fine." As Sungchan drew closer, he kissed the other's forehead.

"I'm happy for you. Really."

Hyuck wasn't sure what it was, but seeing Sungchan in this way made him feel something. He is also completely unaware of the fact that his cheeks are becoming flushed.

"T-T-Thanks."

"Heh, you're so cute." Sungchan giggles and pinch his cheek gently.

"I-I'm not!"

"Hey, let's watch a movie. I'll order pizza."

"Huh? But, you're studying."

"I already took an exam."

Hyuck's eyes widened.

"Really? When? How was it?"

"I'll tell you later. Let's watch a movie first shall we?" Sungchan winks at him.

Hyuck rolled his eyes. "Fine."

He had no idea that Sungchan had already booked a plane ticket and was just awaiting the appropriate moment to inform Hyuck that he'd be leaving for good.

He wants to spend his last days in Korea with him, in order to create as many memories as possible before leaving.

After placing an order for pizza, Sungchan glanced at Hyuck and gently drew him closer to him, wrapping him in an embrace.

I will miss you for real Hyuck.

"Yah Sungchan-ah." Hyuck was holding the shirt of the younger. He had his chin pushed against the younger's chest, and he could plainly hear the younger's heart beating against his.

It's strangely synchronised with his heartbeat as well.

What is the reason behind this?

Sungchan lets him go and chuckles. "Sorry. You just look so soft in your sweater. Anyway, what did you choose to watch?"

"End Game. Wait, let's call for the others." Hyuck's eyes lit up.

Sungchan rubbed the back of his neck and flashed a little smile at him. He really prefers to spend his time with him, but since Hyuck wants to spend his time with his friends, he has no option but to agree.

"Of course, I'll take care of it."

"And, Sungchan-ah. Is it okay if I invite Mark as well?" Hyuck pouted, and he gave him a sideways look.

Now how can he say no to that?

"It's okay if you don't want to-"

"You're welcome to invite him, Hyuck." He stated it gently, ruffling the older's hair in response.

After a few minutes, their friends, who were already with Mark, came on the scene. Jisung rushes over to Sungchan and wraps his arms around him tightly.

"Ahh!" Sungchan winces.

"I miss you, Sungchan hyung!"

Sungchan chuckles and pinches the younger boy on the cheek. "I'm going to miss you when you leave."

Sungchan's eyes widened and covered Jisung's mouth while shaking his head. "Shut up."

"Who's leaving?" Hyuck asked while clinging to Mark.

The younger one laughed awkwardly. "Ah, Jisung will if he'll keep squeezing me."

Sungchan dragged Jisung away from them and gave him a sideways look.

"Donghyuck hyung didn't know?" He asked.

"Mm. Don't say anything to him for the time being. I'll take care of it."

"Okay. I promise." Jisung zipped his mouth and Sungchan chuckled. Jisung is seriously cute too.

Their pizza had already come when they arrived in the living room, and they settled down to watch a movie together there. Hyuck and Mark are talking but for Sungchan they are flirting.

While there's nothing wrong with it, given his affection for Hyuck, he can't help but feel saddened.

Sitting next to Sungchan, Jaemin and Jisung embraced and snuggled with him. They will, without a doubt, miss him.

"Do you want to die Na Jaemin?" Jeno warns him and Jaemin tilts his head to his boyfriend.

"I thought you understood?" Jaemin asked, pouting.

"I do."

"Yah, he wants you to cuddle him, not me."

"Let me do this with him. You know the reason why hm?"

Jeno sighs. As if he can stop him, and yes he understands why they are like that to Sungchan. He simply can't seem to stop himself from getting jealous from time to time.

"Do you want pizza?" Hyuck asked Mark and he nodded. The younger pulled one piece and was about to feed Mark but the older stopped him.

"I'll do it."

"Ahhh I want to feed you. Come on, open your mouth." Hyuck whines.

"Hyuck-ah I'll do it." Mark smiled but his voice was stern so Hyuck had no choice but to give it to him.

"Okay."

Sungchan eyed them and clenched his jaw. Why doesn't he just open his goddamn mouth?

He felt bad for Hyuck. But, it's not his business anymore.

But what made him pissed is, he looks uncomfortable when Hyuck is trying to be sweet with him but Hyuck seemed didn't mind it.

----

It has been a few days since Hyuck and Mark began dating. Nevertheless, their relationship is still very much in its early stages. Hyuck is still waiting for Mark to come up to him and ask him to be his boyfriend.

Hyuck should be happy right now, after years of trying, Mark has finally set eyes on him. When they do get together, though, they often argue. Something doesn't seem to be working.

"There are moments when I don't understand Mark." Hyuck muttered and tossed the stone down to the river.

Sungchan gave him a sideways look before throwing another stone.

"Why is that?"

"Sometimes he's sweet but sometimes he just doesn't mind me. Oh well, who am I to complain? We're not together."

"But you have mutual understanding."

Hyuck growled and ruffled his hair. After throwing the last stone, Sungchan rose to his feet and began walking towards Hyuck.

When he watched him crying, it was as if his heart had been ripped out of his chest.

That bastard.

Sungchan sighs and wipes the older's tears away with the tip of his thumb.

"Don't cry. He doesn't deserve your tears." He said and Sungchan seemed pissed.

"How can I stop? It's not like I want to cry." He sniffed.

Sungcha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter