Jung Wooyoung

No Rainbows
Please log in to read the full chapter

1.

I was four when my father brought a kid to our home.

He was quite shorter than me, he has a small face and skinnier.

My father said his parents are gone. I don't know what they mean by gone but I didn't like the kid. He was someone I would never like to be friends with.

He is staying in a room that was supposed to be our guest room. They even proposed that I should share my room with him which I strongly disagreed.

On meals times he would always eat everything on his plate, including peas. Which is the most disgusting food for me.

"See, Sangie is eating peas. Youngie should too. It makes you healthy."

"I'd rather eat grass than that " I said as I glared at him from across the table. I hate that he's trying to be better person in my own house.

As years past, I would just ignore him at every way I can. It's not like I can hurt him, my parents would be angry. It's better to let others do the dirty job. He's easy.

My parents never tried to persuade both of them to be closer. I'm closer with my own friends. While he is friends with the weird kid across the streets who doesn't even care about what he wants to do.

At home he would just be on his own and read. He always read which is far less interesting than playing video games.

When school started, we are in different class, which what I'm most thankful of. He was in class 2, while I'm in class 3 with my best friend Mingi.

School is another way to make him feel miserable. My friends would pick on him when they spot him alone. He is a better target cause he never seems to care.

Whenever he comes home with messy clothes he would just say he trip or something. My mother would always give him a worried look and asked me if anyone is mistreating Yeosang. I just always say I will find out cause that's what she wants to hear.

I hate that he never talks freely. He never say whatever he wants to say. He was never angry when he wants to and never yell when he wants to. How can someone hide a volcano inside them and never care when it'll erupt.

There are days where I treat him like he's walking on eggshells but other times I would test the water. But I never got a word from him. He was like an air. Someone who just exist in his nature. They don't have form but they are chaos when they want to.

I did well on school but Yeosang's marks are always higher than me. My parents would buy him sweets cause he's always better. I've been getting an earful about Yeosang this, Yeosang that and be like Yeosang.

Why would I want to be an orphan. Why would I want to be weak.

He might be better than me but I still got parents. I'm not some bastard who's living on someone else place cause I'm too young to be on my own.

Yeosang is someone who makes me hate quiet people, those who made themselves look reserved but wild inside. They are so quiet but their mind is a battlefield. They build armors that is fatal when started on the wrong foot.

I watch him everyday and he never spends more than $2 at school. My parents give him almost $130 every month as allowance but he barely use all of them.

I don't know where he keeps them but when I do, I would take it and buy the collectibles I wanted.

——————————

 

I heard my parents one morning on how we will spend Yeosang's 9th birthday. Whenever we have birthdays, we would go to a good restaurant and have dinner.

I heard my father said that they should visit his mother's grave once they pick them up from school before going to dinner together.

His previous birthday's are spent with a visit on her mother's grave before my mother cooked him his favourite foods. But she told my father that she can never make Shepard's pie the way his mother makes them and it always the dish Yeosang always ask.

Yeosang's mother live half of her life around Europe but she mostly stays in London cause she still collaborate with many other designer.

She met Yeosang's father on one of her busy morning at King's Cross Station. It just cause a collision and in five heartbeats and as they say, the rest are history.

Yeosang's mother and my mother are second cousins. Her parents decided to migrate during the asian financial crisis and risk to start a boutique shop.

It wasn't until years laters when she decided to come home after a while that they met again, only to be taken away permanently.

It's just unfortunate that even the most perfect things don't last.

——————————


When his birthday came, breakfast was as normal as any day, cereals, eggs, bacon, pancake and a seaweed soup just for him.

Both my parents greeted him with a kiss and served him his plate. I can only growl and moped in the corner.

I hate him for having my parents, they should be mine alone. Why does he have be part of my family. Why can't he just leave them alone.

It just getting frustrating the more I watch the picture.

When we finally went to school, I run to my friends and left him on his own.

He only got one friend, Mina, who probably just stuck with him cause he is the top of his class.

They always like to spent time near the teacher's office. The hallway doesn't allow noisy kids roaming around. It is the place where they feel the safest cause we would be in trouble if we get cau

Please log in to read the full chapter