-1-

Learning Together

Jinyoung knew he was ed, too ed up.

His stomach revolted again and he leaned over the toilet once more, vomiting a disgusting mix between the sushi he dined on last night and the slices of cold pizza that were his breakfast that morning, right before his body decided he didn't want any food and that absolutely everything seemed repulsive, even the smell of his shampoo.

 

Jinyoung was not stupid, it had been more than two weeks since he started having these sudden bouts of morning sickness which sometimes made him vomit and at other times (almost every morning) only made him feel nauseous; however, these nauseas were not just in the mornings, but it appeared at all times and sometimes so abruptly that it gave him not enough time to approach the nearest trash can.

 

In addition, he also felt tired all the time, no matter how much he slept at night. But being a poor pedagogy student, he couldn’t rest much, especially when he had exams almost every week-- not counting the amounts of homework he had every day. Jinyoung at first wanted to think that, due to tiredness, he was getting quite distracted and forgetting things frequently; however, when he really began to suspect that something was wrong with him was when he started crying because he wanted to wash his face and there was no hot water to do so.

 

Jinyoung was not stupid. He knew perfectly well what might be going on with him, yet he knew that once he started thinking about it completely, he was going to start panicking.

 

But what could he expect? He had an active life-- too active, to tell the truth, because his current buddy called him almost every day. Sometimes it was his apartment, sometimes they took advantage of the fact that Jinyoung's roommate had left, or in those places at his college where it was completely certain that the students could have a pleasant encounter to calm the cravings of the moment.

 

Unfortunately, those moments were not the most suitable to worry about protection. They just wanted to finish as quickly as possible before someone came in or discovered them, because they both knew it was going to cause them a lot of trouble. If someone found out about them it would be bothersome. Jinyoung's most common buddy was nothing more or nothing less than Mark Tuan, the handsomest young English teacher on campus, who also taught Jinyoung.

 

Jinyoung, recalling that afternoon about one or two months ago, wanted to slam himself against the wall, because, if he did remember correctly, Mark had been suggestively on one of his pens while Jinyoung gave a presentation to the front of the class causing him to stutter throughout the presentation and his English-- usually with perfect pronunciation-- came out very mediocre. Jinyoung knew that Mark had completed his task when, behind his annoyed teacher face, there was a mocking smile which became even more mocking when he asked Jinyoung to see him in his office after school.

 

Mark had promised him that he would pull out in time, and Jinyoung agreed, too intoxicated by the sensation of feeling Mark inside him without the . He didn’t know that he had missed a whole world of sensations just by having with a , and obviously, drunk in pleasure, Jinyoung rode him like never before, causing Mark to not be able to control his , spilling a little inside Jinyoung, which he had not noticed until he returned to his dorm and took a shower.

 

Or was it that weekend when Jinyoung did not leave Mark's apartment from Friday night until Sunday night and the next day he went to school limping?

 

How thoughtless he had been to think that nothing was going to happen! Of course, he did not care at the time, neither of them did, to tell the truth, because a man that could be bred was rare and they were sure that Jinyoung was not one of them.

 

But there he was, sitting on the cold floor of his bathroom, still trembling because of the strain of vomiting, with a thousand thoughts hovering in his mind all focused in the same direction and on the same thought: he was ed.

 

When he came out of the bathroom, trying to look as normal as possible, he felt the look of his roommate, Youngjae, nailed to his back while Jinyoung was serving himself a glass of cold water to remove the bitter taste of vomit from his mouth.

 

“Hyung...” Youngjae called him in a soft voice, Jinyoung knew that he had heard him, even as quiet as he had tried to be. The walls of that bathroom may and could have been made of paper seeing how thin they were. “Are you okay?”

 

“Yes! I'm perfect!” Jinyoung exclaimed in an effusive voice, perhaps a little more effusive than usual. “There is nothing to worry about,” he added and then pursed his lips in a fine line.

 

“Hyung, don't lie to me,” Youngjae said, standing up and walking towards him, “you've been feeling bad for some time now. I hear you throw up all the time. You look very pale, you don't look like you and...”

 

“I know, Youngjae, I know.” Jinyoung interrupted him, taking his hands to his hair and ruffling it with despair. He had begun to feel a new wave of nausea, however, these seemed more due to panic than anything else. Besides, he started feeling an immense desire to cry. “It’s just that I don’t want to accept it, not yet at least. I don't want to think about it... I feel like if I don't think about it, it will be a lie or something.”

 

“And is there any reason to believe that you are?” Youngjae asked. None of his friends knew about Mark, how could he tell anyone? “I thought you and Jaebeom Hyung were done.” Youngjae's voice sounded hurt and his eyes reflected immense sadness and Jinyoung knew exactly why.

 

And if Youngjae believed that the reason he was pregnant was the result of a slip with his ex-boyfriend who was currently dating Youngjae, he could totally understand why Youngjae was feeling so much sadness.

 

“No, it's not Jaebeom. I promise you, there hasn't been and there won't be anything else between us. He's crazy about you, more than he was for me, so definitely not him. Don’t worry.” Jinyoung hastened to tell him, patting him on the back in assurance. “But, actually, there is someone. I didn’t tell you I was actually seeing someone because it’s nothing formal, we just hook up from time to time,” Jinyoung pursed his lips, feeling the tears well in his eyes for no reason. “It's just a physical thing, no feelings.”

 

“It seems to me that you don't want it to be just a physical and feelingless thing, Hyung.” Youngjae told him, now he was the one who put a hand on his shoulder.

 

Jinyoung let out a bitter giggle, wiping his nose, feeling extremely pathetic when a tear rolled down his cheek.

 

Of course, he had the worst luck in the universe.

 

Jinyoung and Jaebeom had broken up after having a four-year relationship and having known each other for about seven years. They had had a very beautiful relationship according to him-- so beautiful that when love simply disappeared, they continued to treat themselves as close friends, on good terms and without grudges.

 

However, as they had broken up at the end of the fall semester, by the spring semester, after the holidays, Jinyoung noticed that Jaebeom and Youngjae seemed much closer than before. And a short time later, both confessed to him that they were kind of seeing each other, going out on a few dates to see what destiny had for them, to which Jinyoung quite agreed. To tell the truth, he had never seen Jaebeom so happy. His eyes shone spectacularly whenever he saw Youngjae. It was quite obvious that Jaebeom and Youngjae were too in love and that of being in “some” relationship was just an excuse because of the short time since Jaebeom and Jinyoung had split up. Jinyoung knew they were in a relationship before they even knew they were boyfriends, even when they still said there were no strings attached.

 

Jinyoung was so happy for them that he didn't really know what went through his mind. When he first found himself single after a long time, being a completely free adult allowed to do whatever he wanted and in an environment as liberal as college, he finally realized that he could sleep with whoever he wanted and at the times he wanted, without worrying about more complicated feelings or things like that.

 

The first time he had a one night stand, it was with a classmate named Wonpil. Ever since the semester had started, Jinyoung had realized that he was trying to seduce him. He had hesitated quite a bit to finally say yes, only because he was worried that Jaebeom would mock him or something, but that! Jaebeom was already seeing Youngjae, so why couldn’t he sleep with Wonpil when he found him attractive? So he made Wonpil swear that he would not tell anyone, making some excuse that he didn't want anyone to know that he was gay.

 

And so he ended up in a motel near the dorms, so nervous that he didn't even know how to start, damn it. Wonpil had even asked him if it was his first time and Jinyoung blushed even more than he was already, because no, it wasn't his first time. In fact, he loved and all his blood was boiling in desire because since he had broken up with Jaebeom, he had had to settle for his hand. So he had to seize the opportunity, but still, he couldn’t help but feel horribly nervous because it was the first time he had with someone that wasn’t actually Jaebeom.

 

with Wonpil was almost mediocre, but Jinyoung assumed it was because he was used to Jaebeom and his way of making love; however, the task had been accomplished even though the next day he was waiting for a message or something all day. He felt a little stupid when he finally realized that he had been used and it made him want to lock himself in his room all day to listen to Céline Dion, thinking that maybe, just maybe, Wonpil didn’t like the at all because he wouldn’t answer any of his texts and he wasn’t going to obsess over that, he needed to move on.

 

However, he then met Kim Yugyeom at a Jamie Park’s party, which he had attended out of sheer commitment.

 

Yugyeom stood a little away from the crowd, chatting with a tall, lanky boy dressed in an extravagant way. He didn't really know how they had ended up in that situation, they had talked for a while and Yugyeom had immediately been interested in him and, somehow or another, they had ended up locked in the bathroom of the apartment, having some clumsy -- mostly because they had a brief moment of confusion between each other's roles and it was the first time Jinyoung topped, but also because they were full of adrenaline due to the fact that they thought that at any time someone would discover them.

 

This time, Jinyoung did not suffer when Yugyeom did not speak to him the next day; he was already beginning to learn.

 

Then Jackson came. He had appeared on his Grindr account, being quite surprised that he found Jinyoung on there when he had seen him a few times in the corridors of the university buildings and had thought “I’d tap that.” So, obviously, being as extroverted and impulsive as Jackson was, he immediately began to flirt with Jinyoung, sending him a lot of texts, having really long conversations, and becoming increasingly insistent and brazen. Jinyoung this time made Jackson beg for it a little. At first, he did not want to make a bad reputation for himself of being easy; then because the attention he received was spectacular and did wonders for his ego.

 

When it finally happened, Jinyoung thought he had missed too many good things, because Jackson had done what he wanted with him. Being with Jackson was a new experience for which he was very grateful. He was be able to experiment with him, because Jackson was more into the spanking and choking than just plain vanilla , which helped Jinyoung to expand the things that turned him on and what he really wanted in bed.

 

Jinyoung couldn't say he was that typical boy that slept with someone different every weekend or picked every guy that matched with him on Grindr, he was just happy to have a variety of options that could satisfy him according to his liking. He would choose from between his list of previous s or try and find someone new whenever he wasn’t in the mood for the others, and of course, he would never let Youngjae know about his capades. Jaebeom couldn’t know that he had developed a liking of sleeping around, he would think it was because he missed him or he was trying to make him jealous, which was obviously not true.

 

He was really happy with the life he had for an entire semester, but of course, when another spring semester started, a year after having broken up with Jaebeom, he had to accompany Jackson to one of the most popular clubs in the city's richest area.

 

Going out with Jackson, or calling him for some , sometimes meant extreme parties, considerable drunkenness and unbridled nights in some expensive hotel room-- but no, Jinyoung didn't see Jackson just for his money. Jinyoung wasn't that kind of person.

 

Some shots of tequila later combined with a low tolerance to alcohol, Jinyoung had decided that he could not wait until the night was over and they had arrived at the hotel, so he took Jackson to the bar bathrooms, pushing him into one of the cubicles and kneeling in front of him and him eagerly in that filthy place.

 

Actually, he didn't quite know what exactly happened, he just remembered hearing the cubicle door suddenly open, evidently due to the absence of a latch, and there standing, totally surprised, was Mark Tuan, his English teacher for that semester; Jinyoung was completely unamused because his drunk mind had only one important task and that was to take Jackson’s as far in his mouth as he could.

 

Thanks to the alcohol, Jinyoung didn’t remember that night very well, however, Jackson told him the next day that he had taken several seconds to stop what he was doing and, once he did, he pulled Jackson’s out of his mouth, smacked his lips and, in a very evidently drunk voice, said to him: "do you like what you see?"

 

Perhaps his brain had not reacted very well in recognizing who he was, because despite being quite libertine outside the classroom, inside the classroom he was the typical applied student with good grades and quite respectful of his teachers.

 

The next day, once his hangover was overcome, he had this moral thought coming nonstop to his head. He wanted to die of shame for having spoken to a teacher like that and because that teacher had seen him in a situation too embarrassing and private.

 

On one hand, he wanted Monday to arrive so that he could apologize, and on the other hand, he wanted to remain locked in his bedroom until the end of time. Even the thought of dropping the class went through his mind, but that was already too extreme a measure; moreover, perhaps his teacher had not even recognized him. The lights were too dark and Mark was probably also in a drunken state and could also have alcoholic amnesia.

 

Or not.

 

On Monday, Jinyoung felt a knot in his stomach the entire class. Mark seemed totally normal while Jinyoung had his cheeks somewhat red every time the professor stood in front of the aisle where he was sitting; however, as soon as the professor looked at him, Mark formed an almost imperceptible smile that Jinyoung found sarcastic and after that, all of Jinyoung's world seemed to come down. Thereafter, most of the questions were directed at him, and, if there was a rule in Professor Tuan's class, it was that no one spoke Korean within that classroom, especially when it was a class of the higher levels. And it was not that Jinyoung was exactly bad, but he felt too nervous.

 

He had never been so intimidated by Mark, or rather, had never paid so much attention to him. He knew that most of the girls in his course were crazy about him and tried to get personal information out of him every time, without success. However, he seemed to be seeing him in a new light.

 

His voice was low, quite low and raspy actually. His natural American English accent gave him a mystical and interesting appearance; he had never noticed that the teacher was tall and thin, but with some obvious muscle. His slacks fit perfectly on his hips and dress shirts, always with rolled sleeves and no tie, gave him a somewhat relaxed look that matched perfectly with his young, smooth and almost perfect face. He always puckered his lips as if he was chewing the inside part of his cheek whenever he listened to his students try their best in class, and whenever he talked, he would blink numerous times, and he also his lips frequently, so it was obvious he wasn’t that fond of speaking in public but he never showed any more than that. He always seemed sure of himself, secure, and his classes were fluid, never dull or long and Jinyoung was almost certain that it was due to his young age because he didn't seem to be past 30.

 

Or at least they were not until that day. Because that day he had the longest English class in the world.

 

At the end of the class, Jinyoung took as long as possible to collect his things so he would be the last person to leave the classroom, approaching the Professor with his hands completely wet by sweat.

 

“Professor Tuan, may I speak to you for a moment?” Jinyoung asked him, clearing his throat earlier so that his voice would come out normal and not cracked with panic.

 

“No, Jinyoung, I'm not going to suspend Friday's exam.” Mark replied, pretending to have a lot of interest in picking up the class exercises, not even bothering to look at him.

 

“I didn’t want to talk about that,” Jinyoung said, furrowing his brow “I wanted to talk about what happened on Saturday night…”

 

“Saturday? On Saturdays I'm not a teacher,” Mark said, finally looking up, taking a seat at his desk and removing his glasses from the bridge of his nose. Oh wow, he had really pretty brown eyes. “So I don't know what you want to tell me about Saturday, because we didn't see each other and whatever I did on Saturday you have no business in.”

 

“But…the Magnolia Club...” Jinyoung began to stammer.

 

“Oh...” Mark said, doing a gesture with his hand, “I told you, I'm not a teacher on the weekends, so...” he shrugged “You should hurry if you have class in the next hour, Jinyoung.” Mark told him, forming a smile so bright that it left Jinyoung a little bit overwhelmed. He almost had to pinch his leg to stop staring at Mark; no matter how handsome Mark was, he still was a teacher and he couldn't afford that kind of thought. “Oh, right, before you go, do you think you can send a message to the group chat? Send them this study guide,” Mark gave him a few sheets, “it's for Friday's exam. I won't have time this afternoon to do it, so can you do me that favor?”

 

Jinyoung came out of the classroom somewhat confused, because the teacher was the one who usually sent all kinds of exercises, quizzes and stuff, and, to be honest, he had silenced the group, remembering how the girls who were crazy about the teacher and kept his feet to get his attention would spam the group. So his participation in the chat was not much, but if the teacher had commissioned him, he had to comply.

 

His surprise had been big when, after sending the study guide, and as it was already around midnight, he received a message from nothing more and nothing less than Professor Mark Tuan.

 

Professor Tuan

23:35 Thank you for helping me with that, I really had a busy afternoon

23:35 Oh, BTW, I didn't want to say it face to face because I can tell you’re quite uncomfortable with it in person

23:36 But...

23:50 Honestly, yes.

 

Jinyoung

23:50 No big deal, Prof. Tuan

23:50 Hold on…yes? What do you mean?

 

Professor Tuan

00:04 The answer to your question at the bar

0:10 It's yes. Oh, and the study guide thing was just an excuse to get your number 😉

0:11 I like your picture in Grindr, you must have a lot of matches.

0:30 By the way, I'm not a teacher after five o'clock in the afternoon and all weekend 😉

1:25 Good night Jinyoung, see you tomorrow in class


 

Jinyoung was totally stunned, had he really received those messages? He was so shocked that he had not even answered the messages, which was a little more embarrassing and obvious to leave it on seen, but should he answer those kinds of messages? Mark was a teacher! He had seen Jinyoung’s profile in Grindr! He obviously wanted something else, or else he would not have made such suggestive comments!

 

The most reasonable thing, and perhaps what anyone else would have done, was to cut off absolutely all communication with him after putting a stop to what the professor was trying to do but Jinyoung was not reasonable. It might even have been the dumbest moment of his life and, at that time, he did not know that so many consequences would come from the simple choice of continuing with that conversation, but Mark was a hot teacher and he wanted to try a hot teacher.

 

Maybe it was because of Mark's age, or his maturing state, or that he didn't really like to mess around because immediately the messages went up in tune, Mark immediately "questioning" his oral skills and wanting him to prove it.

 

Again, Jinyoung had a crisis. It was one thing to text, by text anyone was brave, but to escalate things that way with his teacher? And yet they were both adults, there wasn’t much of an age difference, as Mark, as he later learned, was only 28 and Jinyoung was 24. Besides, he was about to graduate and they were both adults, two consenting adults, so there hadn’t had to be so much trouble. It was just going to be one night, one night that both compromised to keep in total secret so it wouldn’t ruin Mark’s job and Jinyoung’s academic record.

 

But for God’s sake! It was college! Hooking up with a teacher was still as forbidden as it was in high school? And Jinyoung wasn’t doing it because he was failing his class or something. He was doing it because he happened to find someone hot that just by chance was his teacher and vice versa, and again, it was going to be just one time.

 

Little did they know it was not going to be just one time, so the only thing they did keep was their promise of keeping their encounters a total secret.

 

Having Mark as a lover was a rather remarkable experience. Jinyoung was sure that Mark’s skill was because of his age, as being older, Mark had a quite different style, experience pouring out of his pores. Mark was a skillful lover, he always worried about Jinyoung first, he had the exact balance between passionate and sweet when caressing him, he could go from rocking slowly to make Jinyoung feel how deep he was inside of him to pounding him mercilessly, making Jinyoung see the stars and always beg for more.

 

Mark just did things to him that no one else had made him feel and it was wonderful. He was quite content with Mark and Mark only.

 

But Mark had always made it very clear that it was just , nothing else. Besides, they weren't exclusive at all. Jinyoung knew that Mark saw other people from time to time. And Jinyoung occasionally agreed to meet someone else, would go out with someone from Grindr. However, for him nothing was the same as being with Mark, so eventually he decided to just see Mark without feeling as if Mark owed him faithfulness, without getting annoyed if Mark didn’t call him some nights because he was with someone else. He had no obligation to him and, as a student and teacher, being exclusive only made it more dangerous to both.

 

Who would say their "relationship" was going to rise to such a level?

 

X

X

X

 

There he was three days later, again locked in the bathroom, this time watching with regret the blue box resting on the sink. Youngjae had specifically recommended he buy that brand because it would tell him exactly how far along he was pregnant (if he was), and so it would be easier for him to find out who that baby's father was. Somehow Jinyoung discovered that his constant adventures had not been so secret, yet Youngjae didn't know about Mark. He just thought he was still dating different people.

 

The minutes he had to wait seemed to him the most eternal of life. He tried to distract himself with his cell phone, but it did not help him that he had a message from the major culprit of his suffering.

 

That annoying wyd? R u dtf? accompanied by the famous eggplant emoji and a few sweat drops had never seemed so cynical to him.

 

“Nothing,” Jinyoung mumbled, taking the test from where he had left it. “Here I am discovering whether my whole life is going to undergo a change or not,” he sighed.

 

His stomach was knotted, he felt something heavy pressing on his chest and his gaze immediately became blurred by the tears crushing in his eyes, however, he could read perfectly what that screen said.

 

"Pregnant 5 to 6 weeks"


A/N

I do am a big POS

But I truly can't control my mind! It just has a mind(?) of it's own and suddenly decides we need to write this story right now!!! 

I won't say much today other than GO AND STREAM BREATH BECAUSE OUR BABY YOUNGJAE DESERVES THE ENTIRE WORLD! 

And let's start to sew our wigs to our scalps to prevent them from flying away with Last Piece (BTW, I haven't pre order mine and I'm panicking!) 

NOW RELATED TO THIS FIC! I won't spoil much with this...I want everything to be a total surprise! But I want to give HUUUGE THANKS to my new beta Nina BLM (Idk her username my internet is trolling me) but she is an amazing beta and got everything ready quite quickly and is going to help me give you, my beloved readers, a more pleasant read, also thanks to aghasophie that RT my tweet asking for some help, because without her we wouldn't have contacted each other. 

Anyways! 

After fighting some covid19 and a fire in the place I work at...YOU STILL HAVE AUTHOR FOR A FEW MORE YEARS! So I give thanks for that this year, I'll be here bothering you with my stories for a while.

Let me know what you think! I love to read you in the comments! 

I'M OUT

 

Marie