One

Bodyguard

Haeun stared blankly at the chandelier hanging above her as she laid on her super king-sized bed. Her face scrunched the moment she heard her stomach growled. "Oof." 

She glanced at the time on her phone and breathed. It was only 8.30 pm, and her father definitely hadn't gone to bed yet. Haeun had been avoiding him for as long as she could remember, and nothing had changed, nor was she willing to change. They only talked about technical stuff and only when it was necessary. Other than that, Haeun pretended that he didn't exist in that house. Why she hated him that much, you may ask? Because he didn't care about her one bit. She was just his asset for the public to see. He wanted to be seen by people as a successful family man who ran a multimillion-dollar charity foundation. When in reality, he'd been cheating on his wife ever since Haeun was born. He never showed her the affection of a real, caring father either. Haeun was putting on a show back then when her mother was still alive, just for her sake. But now, there was no point.

She sat up and huffed. "Oh well." 

Haeun made her way towards the door. Her stomach was begging to be filled. As much as she hated seeing her dad downstairs, there was no stopping her when it comes to food.

The room door opened, and a gasp escaped her lips when her gaze looked up to a familiar face. It was none other than her father's new secretary. A.k.a Mrs. Kim, whom she was sure that he'd been sleeping with for the past couple of months. 

"Jeon Haeun, your dad-"

Haeun breathed, cutting her sentence off. "I'm not going anywhere tonight. Tell him not to worry about it," she said and walked past her. 

The lady trailed after her. "No, your father wanted to see you. There's something he needs to say."

"Not interested." she nonchalantly replied. 

She quickly walked down the stairs, only to see the man standing at the end of the staircase with his bodyguards alongside him.

"Oh god." Haeun mentally whined. Slightly regretting the decision that she had made to come downstairs when she knew her dad's still awake. She was not in the mood to have a conversation. 

"Haeun," he called, his gaze met hers.

Heaving a deep sigh, she stopped a couple of staircases away from him and crossed her arms. "Alright, spill the beans. Let's make this quick 'cause I'm hungry."

"I can't keep letting you go out by yourself, especially at night time. I've hired a new bodyguard for you." he spoke.

Haeun scoffed slightly. Why wasn't she surprised? She knew that it was coming. She knew that he'd hire a new guard for her even though she had made the previous ones quit within two weeks. Nobody could stand her, and she had no intentions to change or whatsoever. Haeun despised having a bodyguard. It was like having a babysitter she never needed. They all turned out to be a pain in the . She really didn't need a guy to wait for her in front of the restroom. On top of that, the only reason that he hired one for her was so that she could seem prestigious, just like any other heirs from other companies.

"You won't ever stop, will you?" she rubbed the side of her forehead.

"This is Lee Jeno, your new bodyguard." the old man said, disregarding her comments. 

A tall boy with dark brown hair and pale skin stepped forward. "Nice to meet you," he said with his low voice and met her gaze.

Haeun just blinked as she looked at the person in front of her. 

"This guy?" she said to herself in disbelief. He was wearing a suit like the rest of the guards, but he seemed so much younger compared to them. Not to mention his hairstyle and face matched a perfect representation of a flower boy instead of a bodyguard. She's convinced that her father had lost his mind. 

Haeun let out a sigh and walked down to the end of the stairs. She suddenly stopped right next to Jeno without looking in his direction. "Alright, flower boy, let's see how long you can last," she whispered and walked off.