Plan A

Cream and Sugar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"There are only four rules you need to remember: make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan. Follow my lead and you’ll be fine."

—Flash

Once upon a time…

That was how all fairy tales started. But Kim Hana's once upon a time died the day she tore her family apart.

Seoul was one of the biggest cities in South Korea. It was a land filled with many fairy tales of their own, a land of make believe. And, alongside all those fairy tales was competition. Competition could mean anything. To Hana it could've meant competing with the wench that stole her husband from her, but she had decided that wasn't worth her time and effort because in her fairy tale Hana was the witch and the sly who tore her prince right out of her happy ending was the princess who lived happily ever after. Hana had bigger plans because all the witches she had known had plans, wicked plans. She didn't know of any witch that was simple minded. She had only known ones with schemes full of thriving impossibilities.

This wasn't the Joseon Dynasty anymore. It was the 21st century. A land where there were no horses bound to carriages. A place where nobody had time to brew their own tea at home. This was the time where Koreans certainly drank more caffeine than ever before. This was now a land in which every corner you turned, the streets bustled with cars honking at each other avoiding the near accidents. This was the land where the people hustled through the busy traffic trying to reach their destination; their hair in the perfect hold and clothes in the neatest and newest trending fashion. Even amongst that commotion of perfection nobody ever failed to hold a cold or hot cup of their favorite caffeinated drink whether it was of freshly brewed tea or coffee. In every corner of their busy tales they never failed to stop at their favorite Starbucks or Caribou coffee shop, but only in one corner was there a little cafe owned by a woman with a big dream in her own fairy tale. She wasn't the most creative woman, but she held onto her inspirations dearly because like every witch she just wanted her very own happy ending.

This place was no Starbucks or Caribou, it was her own growing empire surviving amidst the competition. Hana stood at the corner of the street eyeing her dark castle down the block. Her blood red heels tapped the cement sidewalk as she awaited for the light to allow them to walk across. The autumn air whooshed through her hair and her son shivered at the cold blast that nipped his fingers into ice.

"Almost there Taejoon," she looked at him with a mother's affection through her tinted specs.

They were late as usual and it seemed like decades before the light finally cut the flow of traffic and allowed the rush of people onto the busy road. Hana's long black trench coat swayed as she walked at a pace as fast as his little son could carry his feet. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter