Jimin & The Sunset.

Park Jimin & The Sunset.

 

 

Pale purple streaked the sky, haphazardly mixing with various shades of pink and yellow. It boasted beauty and offered its audience an abundance of wonder; left to explore all possibilities in their waking existence; left to dream dreams they could only invoke in the presence of something so glorious, so stunning. 

 

A  young man, 5’8” in stature, stood gazing upwards at the marvelous view the sky had to offer. His salmon colored lips were parted slightly, making a small ‘o’ shape as his eyes took in all the details of each cloud, each way the colors spilled into one another. He sought to memorize the scene before him, etching everything into his mind so that when the need arose he could recall the view at once; forever immortalizing it like no simple cellphone picture could. 

 

Soft wind kissed his fair skin and tossed strands of light brown hair wildly about his face, as it was so pleased; maybe the Earth was thanking the young man for taking the time to appreciate the work put into creating art every day without cease. 

 

Oh, how he wished time could stop at this moment, he longed to live this moment for an eternity, if possible. This was how most every day ended, he caught himself wishing that sunsets and dreams weren’t so fleeting; that they would never end because he so desperately wanted, no needed, something to cling onto in a world that only offered cruelty and broken promises; only offered heartache; endings that came much too soon. 

 

Small hands that were left to hang by his sides now rose to run nimble fingers through his already disheveled hair, he did not wish to taint the image he was working so hard to memorize with an unwanted memory of feeling bitter. Shoving his worries and troubling thoughts away, he closed his eyes and took in the sound of birds singing, palm tree leaves rustling and the calming sound of ocean waves crashing against the shore. 

 

Park Jimin felt his senses overcome with a wave of calm; he felt at peace for once. Sunsets were his reprieve and they seemed to be the only cure for when he was feeling as if he was a bomb mere seconds away from exploding. It had a strange effect on him that even he himself couldn’t explain; he wondered why he found everything about moments like these so precious; why he always felt like his dreams were within arms reach once he gazed at the promising sky; why the wind urged him to keep going despite the way the world seemed against him; where everywhere he found nothing but endings and hurt, he found a promise that could never be broken.

Long after he is gone the sun will always set, it will always fulfill its promise of multicolored skies each evening; it will always be there, unchanging, yet everchanging with each blur of colors it decides to grace humans with the next day.

 

He loved that about sunsets, about the sky, and he always would up until his last breath.