02.

Piercing Black Eyes and Purple Room Lights

Naeun stirs in her sleep, shifting her position. She swats away a fly hovering over her bare shoulder.

Then she slowly opens her eyes.

Those aren't flies.

She looks over behind her and smiles lazily.

Hayoung is placing kisses from behind her ear to her shoulder. "Good morning, y."

Naeun doesn't deny it--it's the most gorgeous sight to wake up to.

"Good morning, stranger." She yawns into her palm, and her vision adjusts. She looks around Hayoung's room. "Wow. Chill room."

Hayoung grins and bites her lip. "Thanks. Did you just see it today?" Her hand slips under the covers and she starts drawing different patterns on Naeun's bare waist.

The older of the two rolls her eyes. "You think I could actually look at your room last night when all you did was me?"

The younger one laughs. "Good point, genius. And the lights were so dim."

Naeun turns to face her, and Hayoung's hand stays on her waist. "Yeah. The lights were purple. That was lit."

" with purple lights?" Hayoung bursts out laughing. "You think that's cool?"

"Shut up." Naeun furiously blushes. "People mostly do it with the lights off!" "You mean YOU do it with the lights off." Hayoung smirks.

Then she runs her fingers down every inch of Naeun's body. "I like your tattoos."

The girl blushes. "Yeah?"

"Yeah. Especially the roses on your arms." Hayoung leans closer and kisses her deeply and she melts. "I've been looking at them at the bar last night. At you mostly, but your tats... Golden."

The two stare at each other for a long time. Then Naeun bashfully smiles. "Stop doing that."

"Doing what?" Hayoung asks, a pout on her lips. Naeun melts at the sight.

"You know," she starts, then sighs. "Stop staring at me like I'm your girlfriend or something."

Yeah, call her presumptious and all, but Naeun knows when a girl is genuinely in love and when a girl is just putting on a show.

And the way Hayoung is staring at her...

Okay, well, maybe the punk is hard to read, but...

No.

Hayoung can't be in love with her.

She's just a one night stand. 

Who knows? Maybe tomorrow, Hayoung can find a new girl to...

The thought makes Naeun feel sad.

"Hey. Are you zoning out?" Hayoung says, and she snaps from her trance.

She shakes her head. "Nah, nah."

Hayoung rolls and gets on top of her. "I can't help but look at you like that. You're so... cute."

The comment makes Naeun's heart leap, but she controls herself. "Really, huh."

"Yeah, but I also can't deny you're so hot." Hayoung quickly runs her hands through her auburn hair, her lip ring (which Naeun never noticed last night, what the ) glinting. "Like, you're hot before you're cute." She grins. "Do I make sense?".

Naeun places her arms behind the younger girl's neck. "Yeah, you do. Very much."

Their lips are about to meet when the doorbell rings and they hear a voice shouting. "Yah! Oh Hayoung! Hayoung-ah!"

Oh Hayoung?

Oh Hayoung...

Hayoung quickly gets up and wears her robe, tying it haphazardly. She shoots Naeun a quick grin. "Be right back, y." Then she heads outside of the room.

Naeun stays in bed with a puzzled face. Oh Hayoung? She's sure she already heard and seen the name before.

But where?

On TV? In a commercial? In a billboard? In a magazine?

Then it clicks in her head, but not entirely.

Her Humanities professor said the name once.

"Oh Hayoung is one of the children of... The only daughter of..."

She gets up from the bed and looks at the lone bookshelf Hayoung had in her room. There aren't much books though, mostly video games and cassettes and polaroids stuffed carelessly into random places.

But one such book catches her attention and she picks it up.

It's a family album.

Naeun doesn't remember it much clearly, but she knows her professor said something about Oh Hayoung being the daughter of someone big.

She flips the pages of the album, eventually settling on the second to the last page.

And there she is, Hayoung wearing a frilly dress and lots of jewelry. It seems it's her 18th birthday when the picture is taken--there's balloons shaped as 1 and 8 right behind her.

Naeun scans the two faces beside her. The one on her left is Chorong, and the one on her right is Eunji.

So they were already friends back then? Hmmm...

Below the photo is a scribbled note: "Miss Oh, here is your picture with the daughter of the Health and Welfare Minister Park and the daughter of Defense Minister Jeong (I forgot their names!). Sorry I sent it late! - KNJ"

What???????

Chorong and Eunji are daughters of Ministers??????

Naeun flips to the last page. It's a photo of Hayoung and her family. Her parents stand on each side of her, and two of her brothers, maybe, stand beside her mom, and two stand beside her dad.

Her dad looks awfully familiar.

Then her professor's words come to Naeun.

"Oh Hayoung is one of the children of our current president. She is the only daughter, the youngest child of President Oh Junghwan and First Lady Kim Hayeon..."

Naeun shuts the album.

Hayoung is the daughter of the South Korean president?????!!!!!

Oh, god.

She puts the album back where she got it and climbs back on the bed, exactly when Hayoung returns.

"That was a nobody. Delusional." Hayoung runs her fingers through her hair, then looks at Naeun, confused. "Did you get up?" She asks, closing the door.

"Yeah, I just stretched a little." Naeun manages to smile despite the chaos in her head.

Hayoung sheds her robe and leaves it on the floor, then settles beside her.

There's a horribly weird silence between them. Then Naeun speaks.

"Oh Hayoung, huh?"

Hayoung turns to her. "Yeah?"

She's so calm??????

"Hayoung." Naeun gets on top of her this time, a bewildered expression on her face. "I just found out that you're the President's daughter and that's how you respond to me?"

Hayoung tucks a stray strand of hair behind Naeun's ear. "Of course, bae. I mean, I figured you'd learn about it anyways. I know you're not stupid."

Naeun looks at the girl with the dreamy eyes underneath her.

Yeah, well, the "don't judge a book by its cover" mantra isn't doing any justice to the situation.

If only she knew beforehand that Hayoung, the y punk girl with the lip rings, piercings and gorgeous abs that rocked her hard last night was also the Oh Hayoung wearing stiff formal dresses on TV while standing prim and proper beside her parents, she would've just laughed.

Deadass.

"I just..." she starts. "I just didn't expect to see the President's daughter... YOU... Like this." "You mean I don't look like his daughter?" Hayoung smirks.

Naeun sighs. "Well... Yeah."

Hayoung wraps her arms around Naeun's waist. "Okay then. I'm Oh Hayoung, I'm 22, and I'm the youngest child of President Oh." 

The next few minutes seem like interview.

"Do people know you're here?" "Well, Mom, Dad, my brothers, Eunji, Chorong and a few other friends know I live in this unit. I don't feel like living with my family much, but I do stay there on weekends." "Do they know you're..." "Gay as ? Nah. Only my friends and lots of people at school, I guess." "Who was that at the door?" "I lied. That wasn't a nobody. It was one of Dad's bodyguards sending me a note from one of my brothers." "And he just calls you Oh Hayoung?" "Yeah, we're pretty close. He's like an older brother to me, no worries."

"Wait, aren't you in college too?" Naeun asks her. Hayoung shrugs. "Yeah. Third year. Liberal Studies at SNU."

"SNU?" Naeun gasps. "Like THE Seoul National University?"

Not only is Hayoung y and hot and mindblowingly good in bed, but she's also smart?

Oh, god. Now Naeun is even more whipped.

Hayoung laughs. "Yeah. What's wrong? You look like a deer in headlights."

Naeun shakes her head and laughs along. "No, no! Nothing! I'm just... Shocked, I guess."

Hayoung giggles adorably. "I know you are."

They spend the next minutes just staring at each other and kissing and touching, and Naeun gets so high and lovedrunk that she wonders if she'll ever get enough of Hayoung.

Hayoung runs her fingers smoothly down Naeun's back. "Oh, god. Did I scratch you too much last night?"

Naeun laughs, a tinkling sound to Hayoung's ears. "I don't know. I'm not complaining."

Hayoung sticks her tongue out at her. "I'M complaining. You gave me lots of hickeys!"

"That's a complaint? You should be thankful!" Naeun playfully scolds her. "People rarely get bitten by Son Naeun."

Hayoung smirks and tilts Naeun's chin up. Naeun swallows hard, smile gone from her face.

"YOU should be thankful. No one else gets ed by the President's daughter but YOU."

Naeun furiously blushes again.

"Okay, ma'am," is all she says and Hayoung laughs and holds her close comfortably, turning so that Naeun is on her right. "Let's stay like this for a while, girlfriend."

Naeun flinches. "What?"

Hayoung rolls her eyes. "I guess I didn't word that properly, huh." She puts on Naeun's ear. "Date me and be my girlfriend, Naeun."

Naeun turns wide-eyed. "You're serious?"

Hayoung nods cutely. "Yeah, unless you straight up wanna be my girlfriend without the dating part and I know how obviously whipped you are for me, and you just make me feel some type of way that--" Naeun doesn't let her finish and kisses her.

"Of course I'll date you, hotshot."

"Great choice, y."

"I like you a lot, Oh Hayoung."

"And I you, Son Naeun."