BYUL

Knives
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 - BYUL

Byul has been resting her eyes for about thirty minutes now when suddenly she felt the presence of her friend and bodyguard, Seulgi.

“You’re invading my personal space.”

Byulyi said, even colder than that rainy day.

“Unnie, She’s here.”   Seulgi said, ignoring her first statement.

“Did she see me?”

She answered, quickly opening her eyes and taking a deep breath.

“Probably.”

“Let’s go.”

Her heart was beating so fast, everything from that day flashing like some kaleidoscope.

She was trying so hard to balance her breathing.

Her love was there but she didn’t have the courage to approach her.

She was scared to face her.

She was sad, she was a coward.

Seulgi guided her to the nearest exit only staff use. When they were out, they immediately boarded the car.

As the driver pulled out of the parking lot, they passed Yongsun on the street bawling her eyes out the same as that day.

Sorry, Yong.

A tear fell as she closed her eyes to the sight of the woman she loves.

They arrived at her place and she packed her things without thinking.

Seulgi, seeing this, knows that she has to book a flight somewhere so that her boss will not be able to see the girl or in other words, so that Yongsun will not see Byul.

 

***flashback***

“Appa, I know but you also promised that I can stay in this profession for five years before I take responsibility for the company. I haven’t even told my friends yet.”

“Aish! Byulyi you know I’m not getting any younger. Besides, me and your mom miss you so much. It’s been like two years, my princess. Can’t you just visit us for maybe a month? Bring your girlfriend too. We also want to get to know her, hmm?”

“Ugh Appa seriously stop using that card on me. But yeah I’ll think about it, I just need to find the right time to tell Yong everything.”

“Okay, okay. Remember the doors are always open in case you change your mind. We love you princess.”

“Yes Appa, I love you too and tell Omma I love her so much.”

Byul just finished her call with her father when Sandeul came,

“Hey! Capt. said we’ll have a meeting at five in room 3.”

“K, gotcha.”

Byul went to her table to save some files and proceeded to the meeting room.

“Tonight, we are going to conduct a buy bust operation in ***** Port. Unit 6 you will be dispersed first and then …”

Byul is from Unit 6 and it means it's gonna be more dangerous. In these kinds of times she would always pray that they will come out of every operation alive, breathing.

And for every operation she writes new letters for her family, friends and of course, for Yong. In this line of job there is no guarantee of safety and she’s always making sure.

 

**PORT**

Their unit is already scattered in the area.

Byul and Sandeul hid in some crates only six metres away from the drug dealers.

The two were too close to the dealers.

Byul hiding on their left and Sandeul at their back when a phone rang alerting the dealers, it was probably a rookie from their unit.

Immediately shots were fired by the dealers, blindly.

“It’s a trap!”    

One of them shouted,

“Get everything! Run!”

And another,

“The money!”

The whole operation was chaotic, gunshots were being fired from left to right, it was deafening.

Byul was running after one of the dealers when she heard a shot from her left, instantly she looked,

“Yonghoon-ah!”

She ran, forgetting the one man she was after.

“Yonghoon-ah, stay with me okay?”

She cradled the young man in her arms like a protective mother.

“Noona, it hurts.”

Yonghoon had tears in his eyes and she was trying to look tough

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter