Taemin Love

Taemin Love

Face it Taemin!  You love her.  It’s true and everyone knows it.  Taemin thought to himself as he paced around his room.  The place was trashed, tissues littered the area, while pictures of Taemin and Toma were hung on every wall, scattered on the desk, and bed.  If only I had gotten to her first.  Maybe then I wouldn’t be in so much pain now.  That’s when a knock came from the other side of the door.


“Oppa!  Please come out!  Everyone’s worried about you!”  It was Toma who was crying out desperately to her friend who refused to eat, talk to anyone, let alone come out of his room.  Just ignoring her made him feel even worse, but he couldn’t speak without crying.  He needed to be by her side badly.  If that was the only wish that was granted in his entire life, then he could die happy.  But right now he could barely even think straight.

“Please Oppa.  Just open the door so we can talk.  I’m not leaving until you open the door,” Toma said pressing her head up against the door.  She meant what she said too.

“Please,” Taemin said through sobs, “I don’t want you to see me like this.”

“I don’t care!  Just let me in!”  Knowing better than to keep her waiting, Taemin went and opened the door.  Looking slightly his red puffy eyes met the dark brown eyes of Toma.  “Please, Oppa say something!”  But he just kept silent.  He couldn’t cry in front of her, although he was pretty sure she already knew.  “Please, just talk to me at least!”  Toma hated sounding whiny but she couldn’t help it.  Taemin needed to talk.  He had been in his room for days.

“I’m sorry,” was all he said before he closed the door.



Taemin eventually came out of his room, but he just wasn’t quite the same.  Not as cheerful, and definitely quieter.  “Oppa!  Key~oppa?  Are you even listening?”

“Hm?  Oh, yeah.  Sorry, I was just thinking about Dongsaeng.  I’m still a little worried about him.”

“Well, let’s go do something!”  It had been a while since they had done anything together.  They had been dating about three months now, and that was about the time Taemin started acting up.

“OK, well what do you want to do?”  Key said smiling at her.

“You want to go get some ice cream?”

“Yeah, give me a second.”



It took more than a second for Key to be ready.  In fact he didn’t look much different than when he went to go get ready.  “So, are you ready yet?”

Putting her drawing down, Toma got up and held Key’s hand as a signal to him that she was.  But he pulled his hand away.  Thinking this weird she just got closer, but yet again he pulled away.  “What’s with you?”  Toma asked putting her hand on her hips.

“Oh, um.  I’m sick, and I just don’t want to get you sick,” he replied still not allowing her to hold his hand.

“Come on.  I won’t get sick from holding your hand.  Plus you don’t look sick!”  Ignoring her he walked on without replying.  What’s with him? Toma thought to herself as she followed her boyfriend.



After they had walked silently to the ice cream shop, Toma ordered them a large to split.  But as Toma came back Key told her, “I’ll be right back.”  Then he walked off into the crowd without another word.  Standing there Toma was awestruck that this was how Key was treating her.

“Toma,” a voice came from behind her.  Spinning around Toma was greated by Taemin.

“Taemin!  What are you doing here?”  She asked still holding the frozen treat.

“Key sent me,” he nodded over to Key who had magically reappeared.  “I couldn’t take it anymore.  I had to tell you.”

“Tell me what?”  Toma asked looking back at Key.

Walking over to them, Key patted Taemin on the shoulder and left.  “He understood, and he knew that this was the right choice.  Toma, ever since you started to work with us, I had this feeling.  And I can’t hold it in anymore.  Toma, I love you.”

Setting the melting ice cream aside, Toma realized that she felt the same way.  Wrapping her arms around his neck, she remembered all the memories her and Taemin shared.  He was the first member of SHINee she had met, the time they went to the carnival together.  Everything came rushing back.

“I love you too, Taemin.”