fin.

Winter Woods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byulyi shivered as the cold breeze hits her skin. She walked through the street, staring at the pile of snow that seemed to crunch beneath her feet as she hummed to the song softly playing on her headset. The streets were lighted by the yellow gleam of the post lights as bits of snow fell from the night sky. It was perfect. Her lips formed a small smile, comforted at the thought of finally coming back home after having spent long hours at work. It had been a very exhausting day for Byulyi, jumping from schedule to schedule for both solo and group projects.

 

When she has finally arrived in front of their humble home, she removed her head set, reaching for the doorbell. In no time, the door creaked open, revealing a soft-looking woman.

 

Her smile widens when she saw the woman behind the door, welcoming her with a warm hug. She buried her nose against the elder’s neck, making the said older woman flinch at the sudden cold touch. Byulyi tightened her hold on her girlfriend’s waist, inhaling her sweet calming scent as the she wraps her right arm around her shoulder firmly, her free hand gently combing through her hair.

 

“Welcome home, Byulyi.” Yongsun softly whispered, knowing about the girl’s sensitive state.

 

“I’m home.” Byulyi mumbled against the woman’s neck, exhaustion evident in her voice.

 

Yongsun’s presence had always been very soothing for her. It was something she had always looked for when she feels uneasy, usually hiding behind the protective figure.

 

She was snapped out of her daze when Yongsun tapped her shoulder, realizing they were both still at the doorstep.

 

Not long after, she found herself in the shower, staring blankly at the wall as she feels the warm water slide through her skin. She basked into the relaxing feeling, closing her eyes as she allows the water tend to her stiff muscles. Unconsciously, she let out a small whine, purring.

 

She was too immersed that she failed to notice Yongsun opening the door to the bathroom, only doing so when she felt someone’s gaze piercing through her skin. Her eyes shot wide open in slight panic only to meet Yongsun’s. The latter looked at her with same wide eyes, jaw dropped and seemingly stunned.

 

It had always been normal for the both of them to casually go into the bathroom to do their own things simultaneously. It was more convenient after all, one could shower while the other can do their night routine. It was normal.

 

Not until Yongsun saw a pair of pointed ears of some kind of animal on Byulyi’s head and a furry tail wagging, attached to her lower back. She was stunned.

 

“Oh, its just you.” Byulyi said, relieved and oblivious to what Yongsun was seeing.

 

She shrieked making Byulyi jump in place as the ears twitch in alarm, her tail stopped moving and instead turned stiff, physically demonstrating Byulyi’s surprise.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” Byulyi asked her, her pitch rising as she looked at the woman with wary eyes.

 

When yongsun shakily pointed towards her ears, her eyes widened in sudden realization, hands instinctively shooting up to hide them.

 

Crap.

 

-

Back in their bedroom, Byulyi was seated at the edge of their queen sized bed, fiddling with the hem of her oversized shirt as she watches Yongsun pacing back and forth. She bit her lower lip, seemingly even more nervous of what was to come when Yongsun’s hand suddenly shoots up to massage her temple.

 

Suddenly, Yongsun stopped in her tracks, staring at Byulyi’s figure as she watched her fluffy ears perk up in surprise.

 

She groans in frustration. Eerything here is too unbelievable--too impossible. But Byulyi, sitting in front of her, looking anywhere but her and looking like a kicked puppy, is the proof that this, indeed, is  reality.

 

It took her a few seconds to finally take everything in. She sighed, making Byulyi flinch for the nth time of the day.

 

Catiously, Yongsun made her way to Byulyi, taking the space left beside her. The girl visibly stiffened at the sudden contact of the bare skin of their thighs. Yongsun, deep in thoughts, absentmindedly e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter