Jessica and the Impulsive Decisions

Love me the Same

After accepting Tiffany's idea in what was clearly a lapse of judgment, Jessica knew that she couldn't go back on her decision without looking cowardly and pathetic, so the only option was to get completely involved with this project. That’s the mindset that allowed her to create a successful company, there's no reason to believe that a somewhat fake relationship would be any different.

 

Their chat lasted for a while longer before Tiffany needed to leave, in that time they managed to learn a little about each other. The two were born in the same hospital in San Francisco, in the same year too, only a few months apart. However, while Jessica moved to Seoul as a child Tiffany lived in California until high school.

 

She currently works as a TV producer and in the last few years she has been involved in a lot of big things. Let’s just say that if you ever watch television then you've definitely seen some of her work. To say Jessica was impressed would be an understatement. Chaelin was right, the two have a lot in common and got along from the start. Tiffany is as career-focused as she is, despite being better at balancing her relationships and work. 

 

It is still strange for Jessica to think that technically they are dating. Of course she doesn’t have any romantic or ual attraction towards the other, but it doesn't change the fact that she has a beautiful woman as a girlfriend after living 31 years as a straight woman. She is certain that the experience will be fun, at least for the time it lasts.


 

Although she was aware of what Tiffany had proposed to her, it wasn’t until she started getting texts throughout the day that she actually understood the sort of things it would involve. Initially, they had superficial interactions, no more than half a dozen words exchanged throughout the day. Tiffany would check up on her, sometimes they texted each other goodnight, but by the end of the first week the texting became constant to the point that Chaelin noticed.

 

"Okay, that's enough." she says putting her laptop aside, today she is working at the boss’s office like she does sometimes, “I’ve never seen you look at your phone so often. What are you hiding from me?”

 

Jessica was smiling after receiving a photo where Tiffany shows a giant cup of coffee saying that it is the only way to survive until the end of the day. It's only 10 in the morning. She looks away from the screen when she hears the question.

 

"Hiding?"

 

“Jess, you are the type of person who takes days to reply to messages that are not about work and today I haven't seen you spend more than 10 minutes without checking your phone. If it was something related to business, I believe you would have told me, so it means that you are hiding something personal. ” Chaelin squints her eyes and looks at Jessica.

 

"I'm not hiding anything, I'm just talking to Fany. I had no idea that was of your interest."

 

“Fany? Intimate enough for nicknames already? ” Chaelin questions, but continues before the other has a chance to reply, "On second thought, neither of you told me anything about what happened when you met."

 

She made the decision not to say anything specific because she didn't know how to do it without sounding crazy, so on Monday when she arrived at work just said it had gone well. Continuing with the mystery will not make it any easier and it is better to get used to saying it out loud.

 

"Oh, didn't she tell you what we decided?"

 

"Somehow she managed to tell me less than you did."

 

"Well, you deserved it after what you did without consulting me."

 

Chaelin smiles like a mischievous child when they know they did something wrong and want to escape punishment. "I thought you could use a little push."

 

Jessica shakes her head, of course Chaelin will keep being her usual self, no apologies if she doesn't think she did anything wrong.

 

"Now stop stalling and tell me what happened."

 

"You should have known that I would not accept lying to my family."

 

"So you didn't accept my idea?" Chaelin asked, sounding very disappointed.

 

"No." Jessica takes a deep breath before continuing, "But Tiffany came up with a more honest idea and I accepted it."

 

Chaelin's face expresses a series of emotions in a few seconds. Surprise, confusion, curiosity, excitement.

 

“Since I was not comfortable with the idea of ​​being dishonest, Tiffany suggested that we have a real relationship temporarily. Of course, it is not real in the romantic sense, ”she pauses to cast a meaningful look towards her assistant who looked ready to tease, “and obviously it is not ual. ”

 

"I would never assume such things. But does this relationship involve texting during work hours?" she says, smiling when she sees Jessica open to give an answer and give up soon afterwards, "And it also involves making the ice princess herself smile with whatever you guys are talking about. It looks an awful lot like real dating if you ask me, so as your assistant I disapprove of the distraction, but as a friend I think it's great."

 

Jessica sighs in relief, "I thought you were going to say the idea is ridiculous."

 

"I'm not going to lie and say I don't think it is, but if it means seeing you with an interest in life other than work, I won't complain."

"I have other interests." she responds with so little conviction that it is easy to see that not even she believes the words leaving .

 

"Jess, your only hobby is going to the gym 3 times a week and you only do that because if you didn't exercise the sedentarism would kill you." Chaelin smiles warmly, “I swear I say this because I love you. I see no problem with you not wanting relationships, but this lifestyle of living just for the company is not healthy. If this idea of ​​dating Tiffany means seeing you like this then I approve. Doesn’t matter how silly the idea is.”

 

"You're a good friend. Thanks for worrying about me.”

 

"I'm here for this." she winks with an exaggerated expression that makes Jessica laugh, “Have you told your parents that you're taking someone with you?"

 

"Not yet, I haven’t talked much with them and I couldn't find the right moment."

 

"What will you tell them?"

 

"The truth." Chaelin looks at her confused, “Well, not exactly the truth, but almost. Let's say we met through you a few weeks ago and started to see each other, then since Fany was going to be alone in Seoul during the holidays I decided to ask her to go with me.”

 

"Good, the most convincing lies are based on the truth."

 

“It is not a lie. We agreed to start dating the day we’ve met, just because it does not involve certain traditional aspects of a relationship doesn’t mean it is a lie.”

 

“Wow, Jess. Defending the relationship. I never thought I would see you being so romantic. ”

 

Jessica looks at her with her coldest gaze, the one that can scare anyone else, but Chaelin is too used to it to still suffer the effects.

 

“Okay, Elsa. No need to be like this, let's go back to work and leave your relationship aside.”

 

Half an hour later, when Chaelin finally leaves her alone for a few minutes, Jessica decides it's safe to check her phone. The message received just before Chaelin started interrogating her still unanswered.

 

Jessica: I just told Chae about us

 

She felt strange saying that, it was the first time that she referred to them as "us", somehow it made the situation more real. Tiffany started typing right away and within seconds she started being attacked by a series of messages.

 

Tiffany: Oh my god, how was it?

Did she react badly?

I know I should have told her since it was my idea, but I didn't know how to start the conversation

 

Jessica: It was okay

Even if you told her she would still make fun of me anyway, don't worry

 

Tiffany: But I still feel guilty :(

Can I take you out for lunch as an apology?

 

The question surprised her, it almost felt like Tiffany was trying to be smooth and ask her out. Of course, she won't comment on that, things would probably get weird between them, so she decides that teasing the other is her best option.

 

Jessica: If you want to see me so much, just say it

I know it must be hard to go by so many days without being blessed by my beauty

 

Tiffany: I still remember when you were shy around me, I miss those days

 

Jessica: That was less than a week ago

 

Tiffany: But I already feel like it's a distant past

 

Jessica: It doesn't even look like you were asking me out 5 minutes ago

 

Tiffany: And you still haven't answered

Today's recording was canceled, I can get there in about 20 minutes

 

Jessica: Do you have any plans for later?

 

Tiffany: No, probably just head home after lunch

Why? Do you have something in mind?

 

Jessica: I thought about taking the afternoon off and we can do something together

 

Impulsive decisions are not Jessica’s style, but right now it seemed like a good idea to spend time with someone outside of work. Okay, maybe she’s not being completely honest with herself. It seemed like a good idea to spend time with Tiffany specifically, but now seeing the other start typing just to stop after a few seconds is making her second guess herself. After a few minutes with no reply she is about to start panicking when her screen lights up with a notification.

 

Tiffany: I'm already down here

Sorry, my signal was bad on the way and I couldn't text you

 

This caused a wave of immediate relief. She was sure that Tiffany was trying to find a way to say no without hurting her, but the explanation was much simpler.

 

Jessica: I'm going to tell Chae I’m leaving for the rest of the day 

Give me 2 minutes

 

Of course, telling Chaelin about taking the afternoon off caused curiosity, which forced her to say she was going out with Tiffany and that resulted in comments about “the beauty of young love” and it was only almost 10 minutes later that she finally got to the building’s entrance. Tiffany offered a smile as soon as she saw her leaving the lift, she didn’t seem bothered by the delay.

 

"I'm sorry I took so long, Chae didn't let me out unscathed."

 

"I should talk to her," Tiffany takes Jessica's wrist and pulls her toward the door, "I can't let her treat my girlfriend like this."

 

Jessica was not prepared for this, it is still strange to think of herself as someone's girlfriend, especially Tiffany’s girlfriend. They barely know each other, this is such a bad idea.

 

"How cute, you turned red."

 

"I'm not used to this yet." she replies with a small voice.

 

"So I think it is better for us to spend more time together, I wouldn’t want you to be uncomfortable when we are around your family." she gets closer and slides her hand down from Jessica's wrist to hold her hand, "What are your plans for today?"

 

Jessica had no plans exactly. The panic of thinking that Tiffany didn't like the idea made her unable to think. “I don’t know.”

 

“Oh?” Tiffany looks at her surprised, “You promised me a date and didn’t even plan anything?”

 

“Stop teasing me.” she tries to let go of Tiffany’s hand but the other woman pulls her closer.

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to upset you.” she says looking directly at Jessica without a hint of the playful tone she had before, “I can be a little annoying when I’m nervous.”

 

“You’re nervous?” 

 

“Maybe a little,” she smiles at Jessica, “I guess I don’t really know how to act around you just yet.”

 

“Cute.” she can feel her cheeks burning as soon as the word leaves . To hide her embarrassment, she starts walking again. Leading Tiffany, who walks slightly behind her, by the hand.

 

“Jess, as much as I like walking around holding your hand, when are we having lunch?”

 

“Right,” she takes a moment to think and for the second time today makes an impulsive decision, “What if we get junk food and go over to my place?”

 

“Someone’s trying to be alone with her girlfriend,” she chuckles at Jessica’s glare, “It works for me.”

 


A.N.: I will be very busy with uni work for the next couple of weeks so chapter 4 will probably take a little longer.