A very JeTi Christmas

Love me the Same

After their talk, Jessica’s parents did their best to make sure no one would bring up the bet or anything related to her love life. This improved the mood around the house immensely, but also resulted in a comical effort from them to pretend that nothing had happened. 

 

There was some coldness from a few family members, Kyungho and his parents especially, which was to be expected being that he was the one to organise the bet. Jessica didn’t let that affect her, ever since she started her company they were a little distant. She had come to accept that some people are jealous and get bitter over this kind of thing.

 

They spent most of their time around the other cousins, Tiffany seemed to really enjoy talking with Wheein and Siyoung and Jessica missed hanging out with the girls. For once there was a lightness in the mood that made it feel like an actual holiday.

 

    Christmas Day came fast and they were busy celebrating the whole day with the family, Sooyoung and Kyungho even succeeded in making small talk with Tiffany. A true Christmas miracle. By the end of the day they were tired and absolutely stuffed with food, but it was a good day.

 

 After going back to their bedroom Jessica finally got the time to check her phone. A few of her closer acquaintances from work had texted to wish her a Happy Christmas, she took a few minutes to reply to everyone before opening Chaelin’s chat since it was the one with the most messages.

 

    Chaelin: Happy Christmas to the best boss I ever had <3 <3 <3

Chaelin: How are things with Tiffany?

      Did you open my gift yet? Did you like it?

Chaelin: damn jess

Have you lost your phone or something???!?? It’s been hours

 

Jessica: Sorry, I was with my family the whole day 

      Literally didn’t check my phone since texting you in the morning

        We still haven’t opened the gift, I’ll do it right now


 

    “What is that?” Tiffany asked, seeing her getting a box from one of their bags.

 

    “Chaelin’s gift. She said we had to open it together since it’s for the both of us.”

 

    “Oh? That was nice of her.”

 

    “I wouldn’t say that just yet. Knowing how much she enjoys annoying me I doubt this isn’t a prank.”

 

    Jessica opens the gift revealing a candle and a card, Tiffany grabs the candle and Jessica opens the card to read.

 

    “Flannel embrace? What’s that supposed to smell like?”

 

    “She really found a way of teasing me when she’s not even here.” Jessica’s face is burning, the card is too embarrassing. 

 

    Tiffany takes it from her hand and reads out loud, “Light this candle when you guys finally decide to admit you’re in love with each other. Someone on the internet said this is what it smells like when lesbians acknowledge their feelings for each other.” She barely manages to finish reading before she bursts out laughing.

 

    “This was a work of genius,” Tiffany says, tears in the corner of her eyes from laughing too much, “I think you should give her a raise.”

 

Jessica stands up wordlessly and walks out of the room, a confused Tiffany follows thinking she made her girlfriend mad, only to find her walking back with a lighter.

 

“I couldn’t ignore our friend’s instructions, could I?” She asks a dumbfounded Tiffany.

 

Chaelin: Finally!!!!

I thought you were dead

So? What did you think??????

 

Jessica: tiff says you’re a genius and I should give you a raise, I wouldn’t go as far 

It smells like cinnamon mostly

 

   

    She could see that Chaelin started typing immediately, but before she could finish Tiffany hugged her and started planting kisses on her jaw, completely distracting her from the phone. She was looking forward to the dozens of messages expecting her in the morning, but right now she was more interested in giving her needy girlfriend all the attention she deserves. 

 

    Later that evening, right before falling asleep with Tiffany in her arms, she thought that maybe Chaelin did deserve a raise after all.

 


A.N.: Sorry for disappearing for 6 months, life gets in the way sometimes, but hopefully this chapter was a good ending.

 

I will edit the whole thing eventually, there's so many mistakes I need to fix, but for now it is complete.
 

Some fun facts about this fic:

  • Jessica is demiromantic, that's why she told Tiffany that she never got into relationships because no one got close enough to her.
  • Kyungho got compared to Jessica a lot by his parents which made him resent her and organise the bet. Relationships were the one thing in which he was better than her.
  • Chaelin sent 23 texts and tried calling Jessica and Tiffany 5 times before giving up and going to sleep.