ℭ𝔩𝔬𝔰𝔢𝔯

Director Kim

"What do you mean Mr.Kim saw you ? Spill the tea!" Nara demanded.

It was Saturday afternoon when I, Jieun and Nara hung out at our Jieun's house. We were sitting in the living room and keeping one another updates of our lives... Not that we didn't do it every single day already.

"Well, you see... Not purposely." 

"Stop delaying and just get to the point already, I'm this close to pulling my hair out from curiosity." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't be dramatic, Nara." Jieun said, so I began to tell them everything that night. From when I confessed to Jihoon to when he left me after using me. 

Flashback

I fell on my knees, shame and humiliation was eating me up. I felt so stupid for thinking I could have a chance if I gave him what he wanted, but it was obvious now that he was only using me.

Lost in thought, I forgot I was crying at the door, .

"Sura?"

Then I heard a voice of a man as he put his jacket over my shoulders, trying to cover me up. I look up and saw Mr. Kim with his eyes full of concerns. I wiped my tears, quickly wrapped my body with his jacket and went behind the door. 

"Mr. Kim?"

"Can I come in?" 

"Sure, please wait." I ran as fast as I could to put on some clothes then went back to him. "Please come in." 

He nodded and went to sit on the couch. The couch I and Jihoon were having on earlier.

Gosh, if only he knew. I thought.

"Water, sir?" 

"No, thanks." 

I sat down on the only couch we had. Looking on the floor and fiddling my over-sized shirt as I realized what an awkward situation we were in. 

"I'm sorry you had to see that." 

"It's fine. I wanted to know you're okay. You can tell me if you want to." 

I sighed and looked at him in the eyes for the first time since he came in. His eyes were filled with kindness, worries and warmth that I couldn't describe. It was something about him that made me let my guards down, so I began to tell him everything about Jihoon. From before he saw us and why I was in the states I was now. He did not say much, only nodded with a sympathy look on his face was enough to calm me down. To be able to tell someone about my problems at the moment helped more than he'd known. 

But I knew what he was probably thinking: damn, she's dumb as hell. So before he said anything, I said,

"I know I'm dumb."

"Honestly?" he laughed before he continued, "I wouldn't judge you. I don't know whatever you went through, so maybe you had your reasons for your decisions... even your decisions... weren't the smartest sometimes." he sort of whispered the last part, as if he was trying to convince not only me, but himself to believe it. There was a hint of sadness in his tone as he said that before he quickly composed his calm and collected self again.

"Enough about me, I see you here often lately." 

"Yeah, both times under... interesting circumstances." He laughed. "I just came back from studying abroad the day before you saw me, and I have a friend who lives here." 

We spent the rest of the night talking about random things and getting to know each other. Somewhat I felt like he was more of a friend than a boss. Then before I knew it I fell asleep on the couch. 

The next morning I woke up on my bed, which it seemed like Mr. Kim had carried me and he also left me a note on the nightstand.

Didn't want to wake you up because you slept so peacefully.

I hope you feel better soon. 

Feel free to skip tomorrow. You have my permission. 

Taehyung. 

But I did not. I went to work as usual, yet things went back to how it were before that night. He was still my director and I was merely an office admin. Somehow I wish things would go back to that night.

End of Flashback

"Wow, Jihoon is a real . I'm sorry what you'd gone through that night." Jieun said. She was usually very gentle, but when it came to Jihoon she'd never held back with calling him names. 

"I deserved it anyway. I was too blind to see it."

"Don't ever blame yourself for it!" Nara said. 

Despite everything, I knew it was true. My friends had always told me to stay away from him, that he was using me but I was too stubborn to be logical. I'd always thought they hated him because he was a spoiled brat, but after evaluated everything and recalling what we'd gone through, I could clearly see I was nothing but his little puppet that he could control.

"Anywayyyyyy... You should totally get Mr. hottie." Nara said with dreamy eyes. 

"He's our boss' son! I don't think he sees me more than any other colleagues." 

"I'd take my chances if I weren't so busy with my daddy." Nara winked.

"Well, if she's not ready then let's not push her..." Jieun said.

We spent the rest of that day watching movie, ordering pizza until it was too late to go home so we decided to have a sleepover at Jieun's. That was more like our typical weekends. We always end up in one another's house.

-

Timeskip

Monday Morning 

Kim Development's Building 

I grabbed my phone as I entered the building to see the time. Luckily, it was only 9:25am, which means I had a few more minutes until working hours started. It was a relief since I overslept that morning,.

As I was about to press button to F25, I heard a voice shouting from the lobby,

"Wait, Sura." 

I quickly pressed 'open-door' button repeatedly in a nervous manner as Mr. Kim was running towards me. Once he got in he pressed the button to F25 then turned to me when the door closed.

"Thanks." I only shyly nodded. 

Now it was only me and Mr. Kim in a small elevator and all kinds of thoughts was playing in my head. 

"Sura?" 

As I had my back against the elevator, he walked closer. I looked up to see his pair of dilated pupils staring into my own and in mere seconds I was drown in his eyes. Mr. Kim had his hand on the elevator wall beside me and it left me with no escape. I held my breath, hopping he didn't hear the loud beatings of my heart because that'd be totally embarrassing. I shut your eyes, waiting for him to crash his lips onto mine until,

"Sura?" 

"Sura?"

"Min Sura. Are you okay?" Mr. Kim gentle put his hand on my back and I jolted, realzing I was daydreaming. I sighed and internally facepalmed myself so hard.

"Y-yes. You were saying sir?" I clear my throat to sound less nervous and to shush all the thirsty thought I just had.

But can you blame me? He had to look so good all the time and it was almost impossible to be alone with him in such a narrow space without having any kind of imagination.  

"Are you free after work?" 

Thanks for reading, guys. I hope you enjoy this chapter. I know it's kind of MC-centered, but trust me I have more plans for other characters as well. Please bear with this for a few more chapters. 

By the way, Taehyung is asking Sura out? Or not.... See what happens in the next chapter!