Woohyun-ah, Saranghae

Infinite Paradise

Title: Woohyun-ah, Saranghae

Pairings: WooGyu

Summary: Out of all the example, he choose “Woohyun-ah, saranghae”, make you wonder how many times Sunggyu say them. Inspired by Infinite Ask in a Box.

 

 

Sunggyu is by himself without s in the radio station, doing an individual interview while the youngsters spread around doing their own. Being a good leader he is, he promote s and his group thoroughly, and asking the fans to love them no matter what they’re doing.

 

“As always, we often get this question, a lot of fans dreaded to know,” the DJ says.

 

“What is it?” Sunggyu replies.

 

“Does Sunggyu oppa has a girlfriend?” he read from the message board.

 

Sunggyu laugh, a predictable question no one can dodge of. “I do,”

 

“What? You do?” the DJ ask, not believing himself.

 

This is new. This is gossip. No one had heard of this before. Sunggyu surely will spark fanwar between the fans who support his dating and the fans who against it. A lot of fans will have their heart break by this news.

 

But…

 

“It must be your fans, right?” the DJ guess. “All of our idol would have the same answer.”

 

Sunggyu shakes his head. “No.”

 

The DJ gasp. “What? Really? Infinite Kim Sunggyu is dating someone? Wow, everyone. This is a hot topic for today. Who is Sunggyu’s girlfriend?”

 

Sunggyu laugh again. “Can I say? Can I really say it?”

 

“Of course. Fans would be ecstatic to learn about Sunggyu’s girlfriend. If it’s not too much of you, can you share with our listeners, who is the lucky girl to be Infinite Sunggyu’s girlfriend?”

 

Sunggyu healed a breath. “To my fans, Inspirit, I’m sorry. But I think everyone know this,”

 

“Huh? What is it? What is it?” the DJ urged him.

 

“I love my Infinite members more than Inspirit. Woohyun-ah, saranghae; Dongwoo-ah, saranghae; Hoya, saranghae; Sungyeol-ah, saranghae, Myungsoo-ah, saranghae, Sungjongie, saranghae,”

 

“What…” the DJ laugh. “You got me, Sunggyu-shi.” Sunggyu laugh with him. “Ah…we were fooled, aren’t we? Sunggyu-shi had tricked us once again. I just thought I get a big scoop today.” He sighs. “But it was only him confessing his love to s again,”

 

“Of course. Everyone know I love my Infinite member more than anyone else in the world,” Sunggyu replies happily, ignoring the fact if any listeners caught him use singular and not plural members.

 

-------------

 

 

“Waa…it’s cold, hyung,” Woohyun whine as soon as he step out of the door.

 

“Wear your scarf properly,” Sunggyu nags as he help Woohyun wrap the scarf around his neck.

 

“It’s cold.” Woohyun shake his body to emphasize his words.

 

“Yes it is. Stand still,” Sunggyu scolded.

 

“It’s cold,” he repeats, standing still to let Sunggyu finish wrapping him but his body still trembling by the chilly air.

 

“Waa…it’s cold,” Sungyeol half shout as he step out of the building only to turn around and get back inside.

 

“What are you doing? Not coming?” Dongwoo asks, passing Sungyeol to walk out the door, forcing the taller to follow after him.

 

A cold strong wind hit them, making Sungyeol stop dead in his track and Dongwoo has to hold him if he doesn’t want them to blown away. Woohyun wrap his arms around Sunggyu’s waist as Sunggyu has his around Woohyun’s back.

 

“Waa…I don’t want to go,” Woohyun cries after the wind died down and he push away slightly but still with his arms around Sunggyu.

 

“You have to go to work, Woohyun-ah,” Sunggyu cooed.

 

“But why do I have to go with Sungyeol?” He pouts.

 

“What’s wrong with going with me?” Sungyeol groans when they get closer.

 

“Because we can’t let Sungyeol go with Dongwoo,” Sunggyu rubs Woohyun’s arms through his thick jacket. “Now be a good boy and go to work. I will see you later okay?”

 

“Buy me dinner, hyung.” He grins and blink his eyes hopefully.

 

Sunggyu laughs. “Okay. Okay. We will go out for dinner,”

 

“I want spicy beef soup,”

 

“Okay. I will wait for your return and we will go together to the restaurants.”

 

Two black vans drive over and stops at the side. Sungyeol opens the first van and hop inside, waving his good bye to Dongwoo and clicked his tongue at the main vocals.

 

“Get in quick, it’s too cold,” Sungyeol urged.

 

Still with his arm on the younger’s back, Sunggyu assist Woohyun to the van and watch him get inside.

 

“Be careful not catch a cold,” Sunggyu reminds them. “Bye, I will see you guys later. Woohyun-ah, saranghae,”

 

“Hurm…hyung, saranghae.” Woohyun wave his hand before he pulls the door close.

 

“Am I invisible?” Sungyeol groans as the van start moving.

 

“What?” Woohyun ask, facing him.

 

“Woohyun-ah, saranghae,” Sungyeol mimicked. “There’s no Sungyeol-ah, saranghae. Does Sunggyu hyung not love me too?”

 

“You know Sunggyu hyung love me the most.” Woohyun grins. “There won’t be Kim Sunggyu without Nam Woohyun.”

 

------------

 

“I told you to be careful and not catch a cold,” Sunggyu nags.

 

“I am careful. I wear thick clothes, I have my jacket and scarf, I even wear a face mask,” Woohyun sniffed under his blanket.

 

“Then why are you still get sick?” Sunggyu groans.

 

“Don’t know.” He is quiet for seconds. “I guess I catch them from Hoya,”

 

“Yah! How could you say that, hyung? Sunggyu hyung will kill me,” Hoya says from the door.

 

Sunggyu glance at the man slightly. “What about you? Are you okay now?”

 

Hoya nods his head. “I’m perfectly fine now. But the last time I saw Woohyun hyung was yesterday afternoon and I was slightly better. He can’t catch from me.”

 

The leader sighs, turning his attention back to the sick member. He touch Woohyun’s forehead and cheeks. “You have taken the medicine right?”

 

Woohyun has the blanket up to his nose. It is cute when only the upper side of his head visibly move when he nods. “You should go, hyung. You can’t catch my cold too,”

 

“I will go but after you had fallen asleep.”

 

Woohyun shut his eyes. “I’m afraid the virus move to you even before I falls asleep.”

 

Sunggyu chuckles. “Okay then. I will go first. Hope you’re fine tomorrow. Sleep well.”

 

Woohyun hums as the leader pats his hair lovingly. Sunggyu stands up and paddled to the door. He switch off the light, glance behind his shoulder.

 

“Get well soon, Woohyun-ah, saranghae.”

 

He pull the door close, and startled when Hoya eyed him scandalously. “What?”

 

“I was sick for two days,”

 

“Uhuh.”

 

Silence.

 

Hoya look at him as the leader stare at the other with his small eyes, waiting if he has anything to say or he should just leave.

 

“You didn’t fuss over me as much as what you did to Woohyun hyung.”

 

Sunggyu frowns. “What I didn’t do? I prepare your porridge and medicine. What? You want me to hold your hand and hugs you to sleep too?”

 

“Too?” Hoya is flabbergasted. “You…” He glance to the closed door then back at the leader. “You hugs Woohyun hyung to sleep?”

 

“What? No!” Sunggyu denied. “And I’m not fussing over him much. I was just disappointed because Woohyun is weak against the cold and I had remind him a lot of time to take precautions,”

 

“So you are blaming me,”

 

“What? Why should I?”

 

“Because I give the cold to Woohyun hyung…”

 

Pin drop silence.

 

Without saying anything, Hoya dash out of the house, dreaded of Sunggyu’s wrath. He had just got rid of his fever and he doesn’t wish to get killed by Sunggyu’s hands just because he pass the sickness to his favourite member. He can only hope Woohyun got better quick and save him from their leader, because only Woohyun can soften Sunggyu’s anger.

 

------------

 

“Woohyun-ah? Are you cooking?” Dongwoo asks as soon as he step inside the house, smelling the delicious aroma. “Woohyun-ah?” He walk further inside and saw Woohyun standing in the kitchen. “Woohyun-ah,” he calls again to get the other’s attention.

 

“Yes, Dongwoo. You’re here?” Woohyun replies without looking at him.

 

“What are you cooking?” Dongwoo asks as he get closer. “What is this?” He frowns seeing the food boiled over the stove.

 

“Spicy seafood hot pot. I saw them on TV and I thought I want to make this. Sunggyu hyung is lethargic lately and this hot pot is perfect to balance his energy,” he says, still with his eyes stick on the pot.

 

“Oooo…” Dongwoo says. “Just for Sunggyu hyung?”

 

Woohyun laughs. “Of course not. I make enough for everyone,”

 

“Waa…is it done yet?” Dongwoo is jumpy and anxious.

 

“In a while. Can you make the table, Dongwoo?”

 

“Of course. Of course.”

 

Dongwoo spun around and prepare the table. He put the utensils, scoop rice into bowls after making sure there are only the three of them for the moment, putting down the side dishes and runs to fetch their leader. Sunggyu is asleep in his room and groggily walking to the kitchen with Dongwoo dragging him at the side.

 

“Ah, hyung. Not fully awake yet?” Woohyun tease.

 

Sunggyu groans as a warning to not start with him. He sits on his seat at the head of the table. His eyelids low, making them wonder if Sunggyu is actually sleeping or awake. But his eyes open wide when Woohyun put the hot pot down in front of him.

 

“Waa…what is this?” Sunggyu asks, salivating.

 

“Spicy seafood hot pot. You looks tired lately, hyung. I hope you will get your strength back. We’re promoting soon,” Woohyun says, smiling proudly as he scoop the meal into a small bowl and put them in front of Sunggyu.

 

The leader look at his bowl full with octopus, crab, shrimp, mussels, carrot and mushroom. There are a lot more in the hot pot but the fact Woohyun give him the biggest crab and a lot of octopus make his heart swell with undescribed happiness. He is already touched when Woohyun go all out at making him the hot pot to reenergize him, having the younger prioritize him doubled the affection he keep in his heart.

 

“Thank you,” Sunggyu whispers, looking at the main vocal. “Woohyun-ah, saranghae.”

 

Woohyun smiles. “Hurm, nado saranghae. Eat, hyung.” He look at Dongwoo. “You too.”

 

Dongwoo pick up his bowl and scoop the hot pot, he give them for the cook and exchange Woohyun’s empty bowl to fill for himself. They say their gratitude for the food and dig in. Dongwoo hate to eat together with the main vocals sometime. It will be fine if other members are there but it is a disaster when there are only the hyung line.

 

Because Sunggyu and Woohyun is in their own world and forget he even exist. Just like right now.

 

They talk, Sunggyu and Woohyun, about a lot of meaningless things. They had a lot to talk as if they had not met for a long time even though they see each other every day. Sunggyu has the biggest crab, Dongwoo didn’t know if it was intentional or not but Woohyun nudge Sunggyu to feed him since he got the biggest one. Sunggyu just laugh when he feed him, cooed Woohyun is a good boy since he eats well, as if he is a child growing up.

 

“This is really good, Woohyun. You’re a talented cook,” Sunggyu praise him.

 

“I’m afraid if I ruin the dish, hyung,” he replies bashfully.

 

“No. This is really good. I feel energized and motivated now. Thank you, Woohyun-ah. Only you thinking of me,”

 

“Of course I would think of you, hyung. There won’t be Kim Sunggyu without Nam Woohyun.” He grins.

 

Sunggyu laughs as he pats Woohyun’s shoulder lovingly. “Thank you, Woohyun-ah, saranghae.”

 

--------------

 

There are many idols at the site. They’re filming for Running Man. Sunggyu went with Myungsoo, taking Infinite’s name in line to group with Haha. Everything runs smoothly. They’re having fun, they’re teasing and dissing, they talk with other idols, they play around, until sun start to set.

 

The idols and Running Man members and staffs take a rest to have dinner before continue with shooting. They sit at a long canteen table, enjoying the dinner calmly with no hint of rushing. Sunggyu sits with Haha beside him and Myungsoo opposite him. Gary’s group is at the right side, with Gary beside Myungsoo and Eunji beside Gary, and Kwangsoo’s group at his left side, with Lee Joon beside Sunggyu and Kwangsoo at Myungsoo’s other side.

 

Sunggyu is eating and talking with his table mates, when his manager rush over with his hand phone. They never had their hand phone from the start of the shooting. They even didn’t touch them in a break. Because who need their hand phone when you can connect with all other idols face to face? The manager knows better to handle his hand phone, he will say Sunggyu is in the middle of work and can’t answer the phone every time the device is ringing. But if the manager choose to bring the hand phone to him, it only means one person.

 

“You’re hurt? Where?” Sunggyu asks worriedly.

 

“Ahh…Sungjong tease you? Are you okay? Do you need to see a doctor?”

 

“What did the doctor said?”

 

“Doctor Dongwoo? Yah! You better see a real doctor soon,”

 

“What? No. Of course I’m worried, you said you hurt your ankle. You better see a doctor. You hear me?”

 

“Me? I’m eating dinner now. It has kimchi jigae, you know how L is when he saw one.”

 

Sunggyu grins when Myungsoo grunts at this.

 

“Aww…you should eat dinner too. But don’t eat fried food. This morning you said your stomach hurt,”

 

“You better be, okay? Go see a doctor to check your ankle, a real doctor. Eat your dinner then go home. I will see you after I’m done here,”

 

“No, don’t wait for me. Go sleep as soon as you reach home. Listen to me, okay?”

 

“Hurm, okay, saranghae.”

 

Sunggyu end the call and put the device on the table. He lift his head when he realize the table is quiet and everyone is looking at him, except .

 

“Sarang?” Haha asks. “Who would you say sarang to?”

 

“Sunggyu has a girlfriend?” Lee Joon asks.

 

“What? Sunggyu has a girlfriend?” Kwangsoo half shouts. “Hyung, Sunggyu…” he tries to shouts the gossip to Yoo Jaesuk at the next table but Joon and Seungho quickly stop him and shut him up.

 

“Really? Sunggyu has a girlfriend?” Gary says then he look at Eunji beside him. “What would you do, Eunji?”

 

“What…why me?” Eunji laughs.

 

Sunggyu quickly shakes his head and wave his hand to deny everything they said. “No. No. It’s not my girlfriend. I don’t have one,”

 

“Then who was that? Who you said sarang to?” Haha asks, obviously didn’t believe him.

 

“Don’t tell me it was your umma,” Lee Joon says.

 

Sunggyu shakes his head, searching for an opening to clear himself. But luckily save him.

 

“It’s Woohyun hyung, right?” Myungsoo guess.

 

“Yes. Yes,” Sunggyu quickly says, looking left and right to the faces on the table. “It was Woohyun. My member, Infinite Woohyun,”

 

“Ahhh…” The idols and members groans frustratedly and disappointedly.

 

“Is he okay? I heard you said he was hurt?” Myungsoo asks.

 

“Ah, that.” Sunggyu pick up his hand phone. “Sungjong and make him twist his ankle. I have to give a scold to Sungjong.”

 

Sunggyu stand up and left the table, his still unfinished dinner forgotten.

 

“Wow…” Joon says, watching Sunggyu’s back. “What a good leader he is,”

 

“Yah! What do you mean?” Seungho hiss.

 

Joon laugh, looking at his leader. “Sunggyu really care for s even though he is away working. Look, he even scold the troublesome member right here right now.”

 

Myungsoo smirk behind his spoon when the other faces on the table turn to look at Sunggyu talking on the phone a good metre away to make sure no one heard him, especially no celebrity. Everyone has an amazed look on their faces, impressed by how Sunggyu taking care of s and stood up by his leadership.

 

If only they know it only applicable to Woohyun hyung.

 

-----------

 

Dongwoo bows his head and say his goodbye as he left the other members, following after Hoya and Sungyeol. Myungsoo is doing his part of the shoot, leaving Sunggyu, Woohyun and Sungjong wait in the room. Woohyun and Sungjong want to go out and check on Myungsoo but Sunggyu forbid them, knowing fully well the two only want to make fun of him rather than watching the shoot quietly. So here they are, inside the waiting room, doing their own things.

 

Sunggyu sits on a single sofa and had his eyes shut to steal some sleep. Woohyun is on the couch, with Sungjong beside him and leaned over his shoulder to watch him playing with his hand phone. The Tom and Jerry banter with each other, ignoring the fact if they make a noise loud enough to disturb their leader’s sleep.

 

Myungsoo enter the room when Sungjong nudge Woohyun on his side while Woohyun hit Sungjong’s lap lightly. He break the two apart and announce Woohyun is needed for the next shoot. Woohyun walk out of the room, giving his hand phone to Sungjong to play with. Sungjong is too engrossed with the game to realize Myungsoo had leave to go home and left only the leader and him.

 

He is startled when Sunggyu sleepily question him.

 

“Huh? What, hyung?” He paused the game to face the leader.

 

“Where is Woohyun?” Sunggyu yawn.

 

“Home,” he replies nonchalantly and continue playing the hand phone.

 

“Don’t lie,”

 

“I’m not.”

 

Sunggyu pouts as he stands up from the seat and paddled to the mirror to check on himself, mumbling how he can’t believe Woohyun dare to leave without him. Sungjong ignores him, or rather…he act as if Sunggyu is not even there in the room. Sunggyu come back to the previous seat, holding his hand phone and make a call to Woohyun’s hand phone.

 

The phone in Sungjong’s hand vibrate but thankfully it didn’t ring. Sungjong just let the call go through without picking up or end the call. He heard Sunggyu groans at the side. The calls end but seconds later, the device vibrate again. Sungjong smile cheekily as he touch the red icon to end the call.

 

“What? He dare end my call?” Sunggyu grunts. He lowered the phone to type a message to the other. “Where is he? What did he do?”

 

“Woah, hyung, why are you so mad Woohyun hyung go home first?” Sungjong asks, still with his eyes on the screen.

 

“I’m not mad.” Sunggyu sulked. “I just don’t want to be alone and...Wait…” He look at the youngest. “Why are you here?”

 

“What do you mean? I’m waiting for my turn,” Sungjong whine.

 

“If you’re still waiting for your turn…” Sunggyu look around the room. “Who is shooting right now? Where’s Myungsoo? Woohyun can’t leave without doing his part,”

 

“He already did,”

 

“Then whose turn right now?”

 

Sungjong laughs.

 

“Yah!” Sunggyu jump from his seat to hit Sungjong on his arm. “You tricked me!”

 

“I didn’t.” Sungjong leaned away from Sunggyu’s hand, still laughing.

 

“I’m done. Sungjong, you’re next,” Woohyun announced his arrival but stop on his track when he saw the leader is awake and punishing their youngest. “Huh? What’s wrong?”

 

“Woohyun hyung…” Sungjong says happily and relief, he is saved.

 

“Woohyun-ah…” Sunggyu runs to Woohyun’s side and throw his arms around the younger. “Woohyun-ah, saranghae.”

 

Woohyun chuckles, wrapping his arms around Sunggyu’s waist. “Me too. What’s wrong, hyung?”

 

“He is afraid to be left alone,” Sungjong says as he preparing to leave the room to shoot his part.

 

“What?” Woohyun giggles. “But you’re still the last one, hyung.”

 

Sunggyu push away slightly. “But you promise to wait for me.”

 

Woohyun nods. “Of course. Of course. I will wait until you’re done, hyung.”

 

Sunggyu grins. “Woohyun-ah, saranghae.” He pulls the younger into his arms.

 

Sungjong tsk as he walk out of the room, making sure to close the door to not have anyone entering the waiting room to disturb the weird main vocals.

 

-----------

 

The practise room is quiet. Hoya and Sungyeol sits at one side, Myungsoo is alone at one side, Sungjong is not far from him, Dongwoo is all by himself near the speaker. They all had their head low, afraid to look up to face their leader at the far corner.

 

Infinite members are practising their dance for the upcoming show. Everything is fine. Everything is perfect. They just take a five minutes break, to calm their beating hearts and to build up their strength back. One look, everyone can see its all fine in the room. But only Infinite members know something definitely not right, especially concerning their leader.

 

Hoya is with Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Sungjong are not far apart, Dongwoo is there and Sunggyu is here. They missed one member. And that one only member they needed to put down the heated fire in the room.

 

“Let’s continue,” Sunggyu says, standing up.

 

Hoya and Sungyeol look at each other. The other members look at the leader. All of them rushed to their position when Sunggyu went to his. Dongwoo make a U-turn to play the song then come back to his place. The song started and Infinite members move following their steps.

 

“Sorry I’m late!”

 

They were just reaching the second line when the missing member announce his arrival. But they continue dancing, no one had stop moving and no one say a word to the new comer. Woohyun put down his bag to the side and the drinks he brought with him. He pick one cup of the drink, tip toe and slide between s bodies to get closer to the one in centre. He throw his arms around the leader’s torso.

 

“Sunggyu hyung,” he says cheekily.

 

“Yah!” Sunggyu hiss when his steps interrupted. He stop dancing, he can’t even move with a koala behind his back.

 

“I’m sorry,” Woohyun grins, he shows the cup to Sunggyu’s face.

 

“You think you can bribe me with iced Americano?” Sunggyu tsk.

 

“No. But hyung won’t stay mad at me for long, right? Right?” Woohyun tilted his head, doing aegyo he knows will soften Sunggyu’s heart.

 

And in no time, Sunggyu laughs at him. “Aish, you…”

 

“I know Sunggyu hyung won’t be mad at me,”

 

“Okay. Okay. Now let me go.”

 

Woohyun shakes his head. “Say you’re not mad anymore.”

 

Sunggyu smiles. “I’m not mad,”

 

“Really?”

 

“Really,”

 

“Do you like me?”

 

Sunggyu laugh. “Woohyun-ah, saranghae.”

 

And the members had discarded to take another break, again. They went to Woohyun’s bag to pick up the drinks he bought with him, assuming it was all for each one of them.

 

“Did they fight?” Dongwoo asks.

 

“I don’t think so,” Hoya replies then he looks at Sunyeol.

 

“They’re fine before we depart last night.” Sungyeol shrugged.

 

“Sunggyu hyung is just worried, I guess,” Myungsoo says.

 

“Or Sunggyu hyung just want a reason to be in a bad mood,” Sungjong says.

 

The five members watch from the back while sipping their drink. Woohyun is doing aegyo and talk cutely while Sunggyu can’t stop smiling and laughing. Woohyun cling to Sunggyu’s arm with one hand and another hand holding the cup. He still hold the cup when Sunggyu take a sip.

 

“Bet on lunch, Woohyun hyung overslept,” Hoya says.

 

“Nah,” Sungyeol shakes his head. “He already awake when I got my coffee. I bet Woohyun hyung got distracted reading fans’ comments,”

 

“Or Woohyun was already awake but he falls back asleep?” Dongwoo guess.

 

“I bet Woohyun hyung just want to skip practise,” Myungsoo says.

 

“And I bet Woohyun hyung doesn’t have a reason anyway,” Sungjong says, pointing to the main vocals.

 

The other four turn their heads to look. Sure enough, Sunggyu and Woohyun had left Sunggyu’s previous spot to sits near the mirror. Woohyun is doing all his best to console Sunggyu of his temper, if he still had any left. Sunggyu’s laugh filled the once silent gloomy room, an obvious signal the Infinite leader has calm down and the one responsible member is here.

 

It was tiring to be a Nam Woohyun, but it has it perks too because he will be safe from the leader’s wrath and showered with the leader’s saranghae.

 

----------------------------------

 

How is it?

Is it bad?

Please leave some comment.

 

 

This is inspired by Infinite Ask in a Box. My WooGyu’s signal rings when Dongwoo copied Sunggyu. And when I read the comments, some fans thought the same thing. Out of all the example, why Dongwoo chose that? Make you wonder how many times and how easily Sunggyu says the word.

 

Anyhow, the time frame is purely fictional.

 

Woohyun my dear, Happy Birthday. May you live healthy and happily ever after. Woohyun-ah, saranghae.