Prologue

break away ( or shatter your soul )
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Ashyae is a land of beauty.

A land where magic exists quietly amongst all living beings. 



 

The land knew of magic long before the first people took their first breath of life. It was an ancient being, b with knowledge of the past, present, future and the unforeseen. It seeps deep into the ground and fills the air with its presence. 

 

No one knew exactly when magic began to show itself to the people, some say that the Great Goddess that watched over the land took pity on their suffering during the wars, thus coaxing magic out from hiding and into the human world. Others say that it came from the World Serpent, a mythical being that kept the world revolving and watched over the lives and deaths of the people and creatures. 

 

Magic gave life to countless of  unique creatures, from large fiery dragons to small mischievous pixies. The people were understandably afraid at first, so sudden were they greeted with something they have neither seen nor encountered before. As the decades passed however, magic blended easily with the human world. With magic, new creations were engendered while old inventions were improved. 

 

Ashyae grew with the aid of magic, flourishing magnificently as it bloomed into what people would call a metropolitan nirvana. 

 

Alas, the people grew greedy for more, demanding and commanding for the best of everything. Magic tried to serve them the best it could, giving what they wanted, struggling to maintain itself. 

 

As everyone was scrambling for their taste of more magic to course within themselves, a group appeared out of the shadows. They too thirsted for more magic, more power. They had beaten and shaped their magic into something different, one that pusled with darkness, seeking to destory. They were strong and only got stronger whenever they stole magic from others, it out of them until it left them nothing but a pile of shirvelled skin and bones. 




 

People labelled them as The Crainte for they brought fear and terror with them wherever they went. 

 

They ruled the land of Ashyae, taking what they wanted and destroying what displeases them. Magic grew weak from the strenuous use, the more they took the more it lessened. The land decayed, the creatures fleeing to their safe haven as the humans weeped together with their dying world. 

 

Their nirvana turned into a nightmare. 

 

Buildings, creations, anything created with magic began to falter and crumble. The Goddess, furious with the humans and rueful of her mistake to give them magic, came down to the land herself. She put a stop to the ravagings, stripping and vanquishing the corrupted essence of magic. Following the loss of magic, The Crainte vanished. 



 

Magic disappeared from Ashyae that day. The lands were quiet, the familair hum of magic gone. The creatures remained in their haven, closed off from the human world for their safety. They resided in a forest on the edge of the land, a deep raging river separating them both. 

 

The people were left to pick up after themselves, rebuilding their world without magic. They struggled badly, having been too dependent on their magic. Majority were in despair, wa

Please log in to read the full chapter