Chapter 2

Romance for Pay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae's POV

I willed myself to calm down as Donghae dropped me off at my apartment complex. I blushed as I remembered his offer, should I take it? 'Of course, you should. You've been dreaming about that man since forever, you pabo.' my inner self interjected. I punched in my code and got inside my flat, toeing off my shoes as I finally let out an unmanly squeal of delight. Can I really be Donghae's pretend boyfriend? I took out my phone to dial my best friend's number, "Yooo~ what's up?"

"Kyuuuuu~ can you come over?" I whined as I loosened my tie, ready for a shower. Kyuhyun chuckled, "Are you gonna rant how hot and how handsome your boss is again?" He asked in a teasing tone. I blushed as I palmed my cheeks.

"Aish, just come over okay?! I need some advice here!" I exclaimed, I heard some shuffles in the background before Kyu spoke again, "Sure! I'll be there. Oh, and don't take a shower. I just got this new hair bleaching kit. I tried it on my hair and it's really good. Let's make you blonde again!" Kyuhyun gushed, I pursed my lips. "I need to ask Donghae first, Kyuuu."

"D-Donghae?! You mean Mr. Lee?! Since when were you on first name basis with your boss?!" His voice screeched. I pulled my phone away from my ears. "Just get here soon so I can tell you, arasso?" The line went dead in an instant. "Brat." I muttered before tapping the messages application, sending a quick text, asking Donghae if it would be alright if I get my hair colored. I put down my phone and went to the shower, clipping my hair up as I opted for a half body wash. Lathering up and rinsing, I grabbed my fluffy towel as I dried myself wrapping the towel around my waist.

I took my phone from my bedside table to see one message from Donghae.

From: Mr. Perfect Lee 7:38 pm - seen Yes, that'd be no problem at all, Hyukjae.

Just a simple message but my heart went crazy all of a sudden.  Aish, Hyukjae calm the down and reply to the man.

To: Mr. Perfect Lee 8:15 pm – sent Thank you, Donghae-ssi. ~

I blushed as I sent the message before a doorbell signaled that my evil best friend is now here to interrogate me. I slipped on some random boxers, sweatpants and some loose sleeveless shirt before running to the door. I opened the door to reveal my used to be pink haired but now blue haired best friend, Cho Kyuhyun. He was indeed handsome, quite taller than me. "What took you so long?!" He whined as he toed of his shoes, my eyes sparkled as I saw that he was holding 2 boxes of pizza and 2L of soda on one hand, while he had his hair kit on the other.

"Sorry, I needed to shower." I said as I helped him with the things he's holding. We sat down on the living room coffee table as I grabbed some cups for the soda. Kyuhyun settled himself on the so and motioned me to get in between his legs so he could dye my hair easily. "What did your Donghae say?" Kyuhyun asked as he unclipped my hair and began parting it in for sections.

"He said it was okay." I said nonchalantly, taking a piece of pizza and putting it in front of Kyu's mouth to take a bite. "So, spill. Why are you on first name basis with your boss huh? And why do you need his permission regarding your hair?" He asked his voice serious. I sighed, knowing that there's no escaping Kyu now.

"Well, he kinda sort of asked me to be his boyfriend." I mumbled, "WHAT?!" Kyuhyun exclaimed as he tugged on my hair. "Ow ow ow, Kyuuuuu!!!! He asked me to his pretend boyfriend damn it!!!" I said as he continued to tug on my hair harshly. He eyed me, "Did you agree?" He asked as he began applying the ready-made bleaching solution from root to tip.

"I told him I'd think about it." I said softly. "What should I do?" I asked my only reliable source of advice right now. He looked at me as if I had grown two heads. "You're seriously asking me that right now, Lee Hyukjae?!" He said in annoyance. I raised an innocent brow at him. "You practically want to throw yourself at him and beg him to you into the mattress the first time you saw him at our Uni when he gave his sponsorship speech! I mean, you ing grabbed the chance to be his PA when other companies asked you to be a corporate executive! Now you're asking me if you should accept this deal?! Are you really that stupid?!" He exclaimed, tugging on my hair for exclamation. I whined,

"Kyuuuu!!! Don't be like that!!! I mean, it is a charade!!!" I said with a pout, the smell of the bleach reached my nose as I scrunched up my face from the odor. "Well then accept it! Be the perfect fake boyfriend so he'll want you to be his real boyfriend before your deal ends!" He said in a matter of fact tone, oh my God — he was right!

Suddenly, my heart fell.

"What if he doesn't like me that way? I mean... I'm only 22 and he's well- he's 27. I mean, he can get anyone he wants why would he settle for an ordinary 22 year old right?" I asked softly. Kyuhyun sighed behind me. "You're an idiot, Hyukjae. That's why you'll seduce him with your charm, cuteness, and iness! Make him want you duh!" Kyuhyun exclaimed, he patted down my fully cover hair with tin foil, allowing the bleach to sit on my hair so it'll turn blonde.

"You're right, Kyu! Now since you're done, let's eat!"

An hour later, I patted my stomach as me and Kyu finished 2 boxes of pizza. My scalp also began to tingle indicating that the color was already done. "Come on let's go to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter