p. ii

Told You So

“Momo, that’s messed up. Why am I friends with you?” Mina tries to push the girl away from her persistent hold, but she fails to. The older girl is too strong.

“No, Jesus.” Momo grips her hold tighter on the younger girl’s arms, pleading to go with her plan. “Sana doesn’t just sound like she needs to get laid, she acts like she needs to and as her two bestfriends, we have to do something.”

“You’re infuriating me with your choice of words!”

“By the sound of it,” Jeongyeon butts in, “I don’t think they even know how it works.”

 “Thank you.” Mina fixes herself, still a bit mad. “If it’s just Momo and I discussing about her asinine plan, she’d be lying on the floor unconscious. Sana is not that needy and it’s her choice if she wants to do something or not. Not yours, Momo.”

“I’m just leading a nicely done path for her!”

“You mean orchestrating something you didn’t even process first if it’s going to provoke egregious actions.”

“Stop talking, dictionary.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment.”

“It’s an insult, y-you!”

Jeongyeon steps in between them this time, but also taking it half-assed. “I don’t know how Sana can be this patient with you two that can be so slow. You guys still don’t get why Sana and Nayeon are out there going at the cafeteria, huh?”

“It’s your solo plan and you didn’t even ask what we’d think?” both Japanese girls reacts, one of them ready to choke (definitely it's not the naturally aggressive Mina).

“It’s Jihyo’s, morons.”

 


 

“Y’know, I think you’re a really nice person,” Sana huffs as the winter wind blows on them. She’s still unable to focus on how her hand is being held by Nayeon in her pocket.

The raven haired girl takes a long look to check on Sana’s pinkish cheeks. This close with her, she can hear the girl’s heartbeat and it’s a nice feeling, but she also feels nervous. She smiles after the latter looks back at her. “What makes you think that?”

“I dunno, you just act like one.”

Silence fills them for a few moments before Nayeon talks again. “You wanna know what I think about you?”

Sana hesitates, but still asks out of curiosity. “What?”

“Adorable,” Nayeon answers with a big smile, already expecting Sana would react to her statement in a very flustered manner which she did after hearing what Nayeon thinks of her. Her blush just grew redder and her heart feels like fainting. Does this always happen whenever she’s around? “I don’t know, but you’re just really adorable. Sometimes I can’t resist to smile back when you’re smiling. I think everyone would agree on that.”

“Everyone?” Sana tilts her head in confusion.

“Oh,” Nayeon is suddenly hit by a realisation that she is the most oblivious girl she knows. “You can’t see them, huh?”

“Them?”

“A lot of people like you—like, like like you.”

“No one really—” Sana wants to ask her more questions, but the older girl shushes her.

“Your hand is in my pocket, yeah?” she tightens her hold on the younger girl’s hand. “Look around.”

Sana does what Nayeon says… and she’s right. Although maybe this is because of Nayeon.

Sana realises Nayeon might be the most oblivious student president council ever. All the eyes they are receiving are because of Nayeon, not because of her. Who wouldn’t like her, really? Sana understands herself why she’s so inlove with her; she’s everything that’s lovely. It’s kind of sad to think that it’s one-sided, but she can’t get everything her heart wants.  

She whispers unexpectedly on Sana’s ear that made her shiver, “They’re all love at first sight.”

“I can’t believe I heard that from you.”

“Why?”

“It doesn’t fit your character.”

“What fits my character then?”

“God,” Sana laughs, shaking her head. “Stop being Socratic for a second.” She went to take some Banana Milk and two Peppero before proceeding, “You’re just… you know, you. You look like that kind of person that goes with life without worrying you’re going to end up being a single old hag.”

“You’re completely wrong with that assumption, Miss Minatozaki,” Nayeon replies, but her eyes are now focused on their hands. Even when Sana’s taking out her money, she still remained their hands clasped together. She could’ve untangled them, but she didn’t. Why?

 

They go on the long hallway before they can reach the stairs and join their friends in the classroom.

 

“Y’know, just before we go back,” Sana stops and Nayeon does, too, in instinct. “I want you to know that I actually wanted to know you, like, be friends with you or something.”

 “Aren’t you doing it now?” Nayeon tilts her head.

Technically, yes,” Sana reasons, trying to find the right words before she messes up this big moment of a possible new friendship. “But it’s two months away before we graduate. Not that much time anymore, don’t you think so?”

“No, I don't quite catch that idea,” Nayeon says nonchalantly whilst furrowing her eyebrows. “We can always meet each other—vacation’s always there. We can start going out today, if you want. I know some place—”

“G-Go out?” Sana stutters. For almost four years, here she is now, a date with the girl that always appear in her dreams. Finally.

“Is there something wrong?”

“No, no!” Sana waves her hands quickly to deny it. “I just… go out like girlfriends friends or girlfriends girlfriends?”

Nayeon chuckles. “Were you thinking of the second one?”

Sana closes her eyes in embarrassment. Damn it.

But she suddenly feels warmth embracing her after. As she opens her eyes to investigate what it is, it’s Nayeon hugging her tightly.

“Sorry. I made you really uncomfortable.”

Rejection. 

Here we go.

Sana closes her eyes once again for the big blow that she already expected that would break her heart.

“I was going for the first one before the second one, but we can skip since you like it better that way.”

Sana opens her eyes widely at the unexpected turn.

Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God.

 

Holy . Holy , holy !” Chaeyoung whispers aloud. “I can’t believe I’m seeing a K-drama in real life and I’m in it!”

“Get that ty grin off, Chou,” Dahyun rolls her eyes as she gives her her money for the week.

“I told you not to bet something with me again, but you didn’t listen,” Tzuyu explains herself as she puts her now money in her wallet. “Thanks though. Now I don’t have to worry where to get money for the stay cats’ and dogs’ food.”

“We’ve got three accomplices on the class dismissal for Momo’s plan,” Jihyo explains as she looks outside to make sure the two girls don’t know anything about their gathering. “Do you know they keep flirting with each other that they forgot I’m there, too?”

Mina groans in irritation. “Jihyo, I expected so much better on you. Do you know how Momo’s mind works?”

Momo opens in shock.

“Momo’s mind is ed up, that’s for sure. She’s imagining weird , but I don’t,” Jihyo defences herself. “I just want them to kiss, is all.”

“I can hear all of you!” Momo sulks, but she really thinks about herself this time. Is she going too far? Maybe her advice on Sana being young and all applies to her, too. If that’s so, then having this thinking is perfectly fine especially if it’s about her friend finally talking with Nayeon without being… .

“We’re being honest, not backstabbing you,” Mina retorts, going back to her seat before they all go chaotic how to act normally when the two girls go inside the classroom.

Tzuyu,” Dahyun calls the latter’s attention. “Let’s bet who’ll do the first move.”

Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung chimes, “Sana.”

“Nayeon,” Jihyo, Mina, and Momo opposes.

“I’ll go Nayeon,” Dahyun beams with determination to win this time around.

Tzuyu chortles. “I’m with Sana then.”