p.1

Told You So

Nayeon can’t seem to stop herself today.

Her eyes run down on the girl’s back—almost as if unapologetic at the atmosphere she’s creating inside the classroom, their teacher probably oblivious but not Jeongyeon and Jihyo presenting their project in front of the class.

The two can’t help but look at their friend every second—clearly, the older girl isn’t listening to them. Her eyes are disheveled in a certain way that’s freakishly hazy like it’s thirsty and hungry for something… or someone.

Sana clears , feeling something familiar yet tight-lipped. She nudges Momo sitting beside her, mumbling just clear enough to be audible on her friend's part. “It’s here again.”

“What?” Momo shakes her head, realising that she dazed off again.

“I feel weird,” Sana explains, fidgeting in her seat. The tingle in her spine is still lingering, giving her butterflies in her stomach, but as much as she feels guilty, she can’t lie that it feels good.

Momo rolls her eyes. “Again with this?”

“Well, yeah.”

“I told you already,” she composes herself in her chair, loosing herself with the drowsiness. She takes a quick glimpse at the girl behind Sana, completely frozen from her position. She's like an elegant panther, counting in her head when to jump on her target. “it’s her.”

Sana turns her back quickly this time as told by Mina to catch eyes with the girl they’ve all been conspiring about for the past few weeks, but she finds her writing in her notebook again like it had always been. She faces Momo to see an amazed smile plastered in her lips.

The shorthaired girl laughs, “She’s got fast reflexes on you, alright.”

“What are you even talking about?” Sana furrows her eyebrows. “She’s a smart and diligent student council president, what you and Mina keep feeding me are lies.”

“Lie?” Momo raises her left eyebrow, challenging the other girl. “Then is it a lie when we keep seeing you two stealing glances at each other?”

 

“The cafeteria’s a stampede today,” Mina complains, taking a sit across her two friends.

“And you’re a very good friend for sacrificing every single day for us,” Momo cheekily responds, taking her Pepero excitedly.

“Here—” Mina offers Sana her daily request of Banana Milk, but notices the long look that passes by her. She looks at Momo for answers, but she just shrugs and point something on her back with an annoying grin on her face. She turns her back to see a group of friends.

Mina traces Sana’s gaze, tracking a possible prey.

Jeongyeon, Jihyo, and...

It stops with a girl sweating profusely from their PE class, her face all wet and some hair sticking on her neck. She takes the cup of water on the table and arched, opening . Gulp, gulp, gulp; slowly moving its way down like the way Sana's hands are…

Nayeon.

Mina looks at Sana to see her wetting her lips, still focused.

Again with Nayeon.

A slam on the table made Sana jump.

“Here’s your Banana Milk,” Mina starts. “You seem really thirsty out there.”

Sana closes her eyes in embarrassment, but mostly annoyed by how Momo laughs hysterically at Mina’s chosen words to bring her back in reality.

 

“Shut up,” Sana blushes, crossing her arms.

Momo scratches her forehead. Most of the time, this is Sana’s way to end the conversation, but something tugs her to push her in her limits this time. “Look, you’re young. I understand that. It’s normal to be a teenager for Na—”

The longhaired girl quickly stops the girl from saying her full name, stomping Momo’s toes too hard that made everyone look at them confused.

She shrieks in pain, still processing how tormenting it is, but she tries to explain herself nevertheless. “S-Sorry! I’m sorry. My mom bought shoes for me but it’s small and it hurts my feet.”

Jeongyeon and Jihyo proceeds with their presentation, but not without their shared message through their eyes.

Momo glares at her friend before stomping her foot, too, but it’s not hard enough to make her satisfied in Sana's expression. She whispers, stuttering, “F-Fine! Your ing fellow egg roll lover t-then.”

“That’s an absurd codename and why would we need a codename for her at the very beginning? You’re confusing me, God help me.”

Momo begins to be agitated between these two. “Yeah, I really hope God helps you because you’re ing on your ing fellow egg roll lover, that’s why we need a codename!”

“Stop saying that!”

“Stop saying what?!”

“!”

 

Maybe that’s a little too loud reserved only as a conversation for two.

 

“Oh. sorry,” Nayeon stifles a laugh when both girls turn their backs at look at her. “I just heard Sana saying a word I never thought would hear from her, nevermind me.”

Momo whispers on Sana’s ear, “I bet hearing her say your name made your knees weak.”

She just pinched her in return, her cheeks still in fever mode.

“That’s what she always feels, don’t worry,” Momo speaks before the other girl could.

Nayeon shows a little of her teeth this time. She smiles with a faint tint of blush. “Really? Hmm... that’s interesting then.”

In between, a Japanese girl is boiling with anger and embarrassment.

“More like an interesting person if you get to know her better,” Momo smirks at the double meaning. She proceeds with a question, “Anyway, you two are scheduled to clean for today, right?”

“Umm, yeah. I think so.” She squirts her eyes to see the names on the blackboard. “Together with Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu. What about it?”

“Perfect!” Momo clasps her hands together. “You two can get to know each other.”