old friend

the familiar melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/N POV.

 

I slept at Jisoo place, and headed to work the next day. It was convenient since her place was closer to the hospital, and I also have clothes at her apartment. But I need to start looking for a new place to crash at, since I can’t keep troubling her like that. I’m afraid that if I get a new place, I won’t feel the need to return to Jennie. Staying at Jisoo has been a good plan, because the thought of bothering her was the reason I returned to Jennie. Well, she would also convince me to return.

 

“Sighing so early in the morning, trouble in paradise?”  

 

“None of your business Yeri.” Yeri Kim, an overly talkative and outgoing person. We met years ago in college, but remained a good distance, since Jennie was super jealous.

 

“I already know it’s about your crazy wife.” There were multiple times that Jennie burst in Yeri parties to look for me, and created a scene. Yeri doesn’t like the girl much. “You should end it with her, I can introduce you to my cousin.” Yeri continued.

 

“No thanks.” I declined, I can already tell the outcome if Jennie happens to find out. We stopped talking when we arrived at our designated floor, and got to work. 

 

.

 

It was currently 7pm, I talked to my supervisor about the night shift and revoked my request. She was unimpressed, but I managed to convince her by saying that there were problems at home. 

 

I tried calling Jennie after I got off work, but it seems as if she’s still mad that I left. Not too worried since it wouldn’t be long until we both find our way back. 

 

“What do you want?” I decided to call Jisoo to ask if I can crash at her place again for the night. There’s not much I can do, Jennie might need more time to get over the fight. It’s too troublesome to find a hotel, and return home in the morning to change. 

 

“I know you said that you can’t have me staying at your place, but Jennie is giving me the cold shoulder. She still needs time to cool off, and I don’t think it’s good to go back today.” I awkwardly explained. “So, you want to stay over tonight.” She continued for me. 

 

“Please Jichu!” I begged over the phone, knowing that she won’t be able to turn me down. 

 

“What am I gonna do with you.” She mumbled and sighed. 

 

“Thank you so much.” Instead of heading to her place, I decided to take a stroll. Remembering how much trouble I would get into when Jisoo, Jennie, and I used to sneak out at night to have fun. 

 

As I walked around, I noticed how crowded the street was tonight. There were lights, food stations, people dancing and singing everywhere. I would normally enjoy this, but tonight was one of those nights that I prefer a more silent street. I changed my route and strolled farther away from the busy area.

 

Mindlessly strolled for about a couple of minutes when I heard someone playing the piano, and I was immediately intrigued. There was a huge crowd surrounding the sound, which was odd how the crowd was somewhat far from the busy area. I aimlessly wandered towards the melody, but didn’t get too close due to the crowd blocking the performer. My phone suddenly rang, so I quickly walked away from the crowd. 

 

“Where are you?”
 

“Just strolling the street, why? Miss me already Jichu?” I teased. She tends to overthink and worry.

 

“Just checking, since I assumed you would head here after the call. Pick up some groceries and cook me some food.” She demanded. “Okay, I’ll be there in 20.” After the call ended, I quickly headed to my car and drove off. A bit regretful that I didn’t get to see who was playing the piano, the song was oddly familiar. 

 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

“Twenty my , you took hours.” Jisoo exaggerated, and rushed towards the door to snatch the bag of groceries from my hand. 

 

“Jisoo, it had only been about thirty minutes.” I chuckled at her, she had probably stayed in her room and played games all day without eating.

 

“Are you planning to keep staying home and play games all day?” I questioned. Jisoo usually hops from one job to another, and it’s concerning.

 

“Oh, please, you make it sound bad.” She said and rolled her eyes at me. “But it’s true.” I argued. It has been a while since she quit her last job.

 

“I haven’t been actively looking for a new job, because my restaurant will be open next week.” She grinned at my confused and shocked face. 

 

“You didn’t tell me this???” I playfully put her in a choke hold, as a punishment. “I forgot. Let me go stupid.” She said while slapping my arm that was wrapped around her neck.

 

She tickled my side in an attempt to escape from my grasp. “Focus on cooking, I’m starving.” Jisoo resorted to begging, and I let her go. Jisoo and I are both foodies, and took many cooking lessons while in school. However, she always orders me to cook since she’s too lazy to.

 

“Set the table, foods are coming out soon.” I announced to the girl that was slumping over the couch. “FINALLY!” She cheered.

 

We sat across from each other and ate in silence, until someone decided to repeatedly press the doorbell to Jisoo's apartment. 

 

“You didn’t tell me you got a guest.” I stared at her questionably, it was rather strange since Jisoo doesn’t invite people over out of nowhere. “I didn’t invite....don’t tell me.” We both sighed, knowing who was behind the door pressing the bell so angrily. 

 

“I’ll go get it.” I said when I saw the hesitation in Jisoo’s face. Taking a deep breath before I unlocked the door, and it was immediately pushed open from the outside. 

 

“So you were here.” She said in spite before storming in the place, pushing me aside. “How romantic, you guys are having a homemade late night dinner.” We both stayed silent, and avoided her scowls. Not because we’re guilty of anything, but Jennie can be a handful when she’s mad. 

 

“What happened to the late night shift?” She sat down at the table, sitting with her leg crossed as her finger impatiently tapped the table. “And you want me to believe that you guys have nothing going on?” She scoffed.

 

“Jennie stop being ridiculous.” Jisoo decided to speak up, and thank god because I did not want to argue again. 

 

“Am I? What am I supposed to think when my wife spends more time in this apartment than in our house?” She was burning holes through my head, but I just sat and acted as if I wasn’t a part of this conversation.

 

Jisoo rubbed her temple in frustration, “That’s enough, we all grew up together, you know how close Y/N and I are. If you stop interrogating the girl every time she comes home, she wouldn’t come here.” And I couldn’t agree more.

 

The two had a staring contest, which left me in an awkward position. Jennie was the first to back down, and stopped her absurd accusation. Jisoo went back to her seat and continued to eat her food, totally ignoring Jennie. 

 

“You’ve never made this dish for me.” Jennie softly mumbled. Startled that she spoke, since I imagined we would all sit here in silence the whole night. 

 

“I made a lot, I'm going to grab you a serving.” I head to the kitchen and grab some food for her. Not concerned about leaving the two alone, Jisoo is someone Jennie respects the most after all. Jennie doesn’t have any mean intention, but jealousy is the problem. 

 

The atmosphere was back to normal immediately during our dinner. This is how it usually is, we would fight but make up pretty quick, but the damage remains. 

 

“Come home with me tonight.” Jennie said. I was washing the dishes, while she was standing by the counter drinking some wine. “I already drank, so I can’t drive.” She lifted her glass to prove her point. 

 

I didn’t reply, but the answer was obvious, I can’t decline. She sneakily moved behind me and wrapped her arm around my waist. “I didn’t mean to burst, and about your favorite vase I’ve told people to search for another one.” She rambled and hid her face on my shoulder, it’s her way of saying she’s sorry and begging for forgiveness.

 

“It was created by the best ceramicist in Japan...you won’t be able to obtain another one like that.” I said and pushed her arm away after I was done cleaning. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter