Only You

Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyejin had been really mean to Moonbyul lately. 

 

Every request from her had been immediately turned down, playful teases had been harshly rejected, even with those puppy eyes that Moonbyul had been giving her when she got  rejected by Hyejin, had been left ignored. 

 

It only made Hyejin feel more green and ugly deep inside, until Wheein had confronted her  about her bad behavior lately.

“Wheein-ah, you wanna come over later? I’ve been missing you lately, puppy.” Moonbyul  asked the dimpled girl, who looked at her excitedly. 

 

“Can I sleep over? I can cook breakfast in return!” Wheein giggled, hugging Moonbyul’s side.

 

Moonbyul smiled warmly, hugging Wheein back. “m’kay.” 

 

Wheein saw Hyejin frowning, who was obviously eavesdropping on their conversation, as she was poorly  pretending to fiddle with her phone. She can sense that something was wrong with her best friend. 

“Hyejin-ah, you wanna come with me? I’m sure Moonbyul-unnie won’t mind.” Wheein  exclaimed.  

 

“I don’t care.” Hyejin grumbled. aggressively ‘typing’ at her phone. 

 

“Hyejin-ah, don’t be like that. You sure?” Wheein retorted, upset at Hyejin’s rude tone towards her. Hyejin rolled her eyes, got up from her seat and walked out of the dressing room.  

 

Wheein looked at Moonbyul, who was smiling at her reassuringly, though Wheein can see in  Moobyul’s eyes that Hyejin’s behavior made her feel dejected. 

 

“Hold on, unnie, gonna go talk to miss grumpy,” Wheein said apologetically, patting Moonbyul  on the before pulling away from their side hug. She then went to catch up on Hyejin. 

“What was that for Hyejin-ah?” Wheein said calmly, when she found Hyejin sulking in the  farthest practice room in the building alone. 

 

Hyejin glared at her, only to turn her back away from Wheein. “Go away.”  

 

“Real mature Jinnie,” Wheein huffed, approaching her best friend, “talk to me.” she whispered,  crouching to Hyejin’s eye level.  

 

Hyejin picked at her nails, avoiding her best friend’s gaze. She knows even without words,  Wheein will understand her inner turmoil. She doesn’t want to though. She feels a little immature  for what she feels, scared that Wheein might laugh at the sole reason of her poor behavior. 

 

“Yah, my legs are getting cramped up over here, ma'am,” Wheein teased, trying to get the other  to open up, “so you better start talking.” 

 

Hyejin turned around so she’s facing Wheein, then pushed her, making Wheein fall on her .  “I don’t want to talk about it Wheein-ah, it’s stupid.”  

 

It was Wheein’s turn to roll her eyes, “ I won’t laugh at you, I promise.” She said, reading into  Hyejin’s thought well. 

 

“It’s stupid.” Hyejin interjected, still unconvinced at Wheein’s promise. 

“Oh, c’mon,” 

“Wheein-ah, no,” 

 

“Obviously it’s about Moonbyul-unnie. Do you really want me to deduce this or are you going  to tell me?” Wheein threatened, an evil grin flashed on her pretty face. Hyejin knows there’s no  winning with Wheein. 

 

“Unnie is,” Hyejin started, turning deep red from embarrassment, “she’s been, hanging out  with a lot of other people lately.” Hyejin mumbled, hiding her face from Wheein.

 

“And? She’s very sociable, you know. Why do you sound like you only want her all to yourself.” Wheein  teased, despite knowing what Hyejin was trying to say. 

 

And of course, that hit a nerve on Hyejin’s part, glaring at Wheein in annoyance, “I don’t like her  like that.”  

 

“Sure, sweetie,” Wheein grinned, unfazed of Hyejin’s glare, “say what you want to believe.” 

 

Hyejin crossed her arms across her chest in defense, “can I not be jealous of her hanging out  with other people except with me? I’m her friend, Wheein.” 

 

Wheein snorted, despite promising not to laugh, she burst into giggles over how pathetic her  best friend was, “there’s nothing wrong with being jealous over your ‘friend’s’ attention, Hyejin,  but you and I know so damn well that you wouldn’t react so badly if this is just over ‘friendship’  you’re getting mad at.” 

 

“Whatever.” Hyejin spat, turning away from Wheein once again. 

 

Wheein’s grin turned into a more sinister smile, “do you really want me to go over your series of  bad behavior, Ahn Hyejin?”  

Hyejin tensed as a response.  

“Remember when Seulgi-unnie and Moonbyul-unnie were talking over the phone? Seulgi-unnie  asked you how have you been, only you glared at Moonbyul-unnie and returned her phone to  her rather rudely,” 

“Wheein-” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter