Park Haneul

Park Haneul

 

"Six centimeters!" Dr. Oh told the couple, directing the words at Jungkook, with an encouraging smile. She was standing with the nurses at the edge of the medical bed doing what they needed to do to make sure the baby was delivered safely. 

Jimin pecked the temple of his forehead while he stood at the right side of his bed, holding his hand, "you're doing, good, babe, you got this." Jimin knew what his job was right now and that was just being a supportive husband through this process. 

Jungkook couldn't think clearly. His body ached from the whole pregnancy and delivery together. All of his friends mentioned how strong he was and he even boasted about it countless times, but he felt weak. He didn't feel like there was any strength left in him to perform the task at hand right now. 

He was going to bring a life into this world. A part of Jimin and he, was going to be welcomed. Another life added to the population of the whole world. How crazy was that? Jungkook's mind was going wild just thinking about it. 

"J-Jimin..." Jungkook breathed heavily. He could feel the heads of sweat cascading down his forehead. He felt icky at the thought that Jimin was being so sweet by kissing him although he was sweating. 

Jimin eyed the doctor before glancing at Jungkook with a sweet smile. "What is it, Kookie? I'm here, babe, go ahead, tell me," he said patiently. Jimin was always patient with him. Jungkook could be screaming in his face and at the end of it all, Jimin would he waiting for him to calm down and say what he needed to say. 

They were doing this. They were actually doing this. 

Months ago, Jungkook knew this was real and that they would be parents. It was different from then to now. When they were telling all of their family and friends, he was composed and relaxed. Jimin and he were picking names and he never once felt nervous. They were setting up the nursery and Jungkook was fine. He couldn't even think straight  when his water broke or when they were on the ride to the hospital. 

Now, he was thinking clearly. 

"We're really doing this.... we're going to be parents..." Jungkook spoke weakly, the pain and using his energy being a lot for him. He couldn't not speak to Jimin though. He was vulnerable and emotional at the moment. 

Jimin chuckled, tears pricking at the ends of his eyes. "Yeah, babe," he moved away a few errands of hair from Jungkook's forehead. It took one second for him to notice his husband's pale face. "Why? What's wrong? Tell me, Kook."

Jungkook burst into tears. In his whole life, at this one moment he felt so weak. He expected himself to have more composure for this moment, but nope. There he was on the bed crying his eyes out like he lost someone. Maybe he was suddenly realizing that he wasn't invincible like his bratty soul thought he was? 

He was terrified. Today he had one job to do and that was to deliver baby Park. It wasn't an easy task though, Jungkook was realizing. He felt like an idiot since Jin and Hoseok had done the same thing he was doing. They got through it and that must mean that he could too, right? Or was this the one thing that defeated him? 

Jungkook found his words after leaving Jimin with nothing. "I don't know if I-I can, Jiminie..." Jungkook's voice cracked, his tears and sweat mixing as they streamed down his face. "I don't think I can..." 

Jimin shook his head. "You got this, Kookie. You can do this. You know you can. I know you can." He could only imagine what Jungkook was going through. Funny enough, he was kind of the one to put him there, but it takes two to tango. 

Jungkook sniffled, releasing hiccups right after. "I don't know if I'm strong enough, Jimin..." He wasn't even ready to give birth yet and he was reacting this way. What was he doing to do when they told him he was at ten centimeters? Refuse to do it, get out of the bed and run? 

"If Park Jungkook can't do it, then no one can." Jimin declared confidently. Jungkook couldn't help the warmth he felt inside hearing those heartening words. What would he do without Jimin? 

Jungkook didn't get the chance to thank his husband since Dr. Oh's voice was heard. "Ten centimeters! You can push now, Mr. Park," the doctor instructed, her words directed at the man on the bed. 

Suddenly, all he was worried about was gone. He didn't have time to think about it all. The time they had been waiting for was finally here. Jungkook felt the pain again and gripped onto Jimin's hand even tighter. He had been warned that this process was going to hurt, but screaming his head off would exhaust him quickly. He tried to listen to the advice he was given, but the pain felt unbearable. 

Push. Push. Push. The nurses repeated those words sweet and patiently. Jungkook did as they instructed, his face contorting from pain to exhaustion back and forth. Jimin never let go of his hand or left his side. 

When it felt like the pushing and pain lasted forever, there was a sharp wail that erupted in the room. Jungkook used little of his strength to keep his body up to see what Dr. Oh was holding in her hands.

"Oh my...Kookie, baby...." Jimin couldn't believe what had happened. His eyes were set on the infant Dr. Oh handed to the nurse to clean off. When Jungkook plopped his body onto the mattress in exhaustion, Jimin peppered kisses all over his face. He ended up caressing his husband's face with one hand afterwards. "Oh Jungkook, you did so good, baby..." 

Jungkook shut his eyes and nodded, placing his hand on top of Jimin's to keep it on his face. He leaned into the affectionate touch. He wanted to rest, but he also wanted to see the baby. He was just catching his breath right now while they waited for the nurse to come back with their cleaned baby. 

Dr. Oh approached the nurse who was given the baby. She cradled the infant wrapped in a blanket and made her way closer to the couple. "Jimin, Jungkook, say hello to your son." 

"Oh look at him, Jungkookie," Jimin gently nudged Jungkook to get his attention. He wanted to hold his son badly, but he knew how important it was for Jungkook to have first contact with the baby. He would get the chance to hold his son. 

As if on cue, Jungkook's eyes fluttered open and caught sight of the baby being handed to him. There in Dr. Oh's arms was the precious little gem Jimin and he were responsible for creating. He sat up and held his arms out for Dr. Oh to place the baby in. She smiled and did so. 

"Omo, he's so little..." Jungkook whispered, cradling his baby son securely. The baby had his eyes closed and his lips slightly parted. Jungkook giggled at the tiny little hands on the infant. "He's so perfect, Jiminie..." 

Jimin witnessed the breathtaking view of Jungkook holding their son. When he decided to take a seat on the bed, Jungkook scooted a bit for him. Jimin rested his head on his husband's shoulder, his eyes set on their son. 

"He is, Kookie, he is." Jimin spotted the little bunny nose that resembled Jungkook's. He wondered if he would have Jungkook's adorable bunny teeth too. It was one of the traits they were all hoping the baby would inherit. Two bunnies in the Park household. 

The door to the room opened and in came numerous footfalls. Jimin glanced up to see Namjoon peek his head into the room. Jimin grinned seeing the white doctor coat on his friend. Namjoon had been working at the time when they were back in their home before heading over to the hospital. Thankfully, when they arrived Namjoon was in the lobby and was able to help out. 

"Hey hyung," Jimin greeted Namjoon. He noticed Jungkook's main focus was on their son. Jimin got up from the bed, but kept a hand on Jungkook's shoulder. 

Namjoon entered the room, stuffing his hands in his pockets. He smiled sweetly at his friends. Likely, he was thinking about the time Jin had Nari. "The others are outside, but I think it's best we all visit tomorrow. The girls will want to meet their new cousin and Jungkook needs rest." 

Jimin pouted. He wanted his friends to see them, especially the baby, by Namjoon was right. Jungkook and he needed to call their family too. They had been so focused on getting Jungkook to the hospital that they didn't even make these important calls. Their parents were going to be upset for missing this, but they would forgive once they saw and held the baby. 

"Yeah, that's probably for the best. I'll have to call our families too. Tomorrow will be easier." Jimin agreed with the older. Namjoon always knew the right things to say. 

Namjoon took a few steps near the bed. He knew Jungkook was distracted, but it felt wrong not saying hi to his young friend. "Jungkook, you good?" 

The bunny boy glanced up with a toothy smile, exposing his white bunny teeth. It was crystal clear that this was one of the most euphoric moments of the younger. Namjoon could comprehend that. The young doctor wished that everyone got to experience such a joyous moment like the one his friends and he have shared. 

"Ne, hyung," Jungkook replied tiredly. Hw glanced right back down at the infant in his arms. "Jin hyung and you definitely know what it feels like to hold something so perfect..." 

Namjoon remembered the memory like it was yesterday. It was a favorite moment of Jin's and his life together. "Yeah, we have, " he muttered while he thought about Nari. He patted Jungkook's shoulder, eyeing the infant. "I'm happy for you guys, really, we all are." 

"Thank you." Jungkook said appreciatively. He pecked the baby's forehead and cooed when his son released an adorable yawn and even lifted one of his tiny hands up. 

Namjoon reminded Jimin that Jungkook needed all the rest he could get. He told them one of the nurses would come in and ask if they wanted the baby to go in the nursery or stay with Jungkook. Jimin thanked Namjoon before the young doctor exited the room feeling happy for the Park family. 

They decided they were going to keep the baby with them. Jimin smiled when the nurse had asked. Who was going to be able to pry the baby out of Jungkook's arms? The bunny boy was in love at the moment. 

After he called both of their parents letting them know about their grandson's birth, he settled right next to Jungkook again on the bed. "We need to give him a name, you know." Jimin giggled at the fact that they have been just admiring their lovely son. They couldn't even think about the restless nights to come everyone warned them about. None of that mattered right now. 

Jungkook smiled as he listened to the tiny, soft snores. "We had already picked a name, remember Jiminnie?" It was a month ago when they decided that it was best to not place baby Park on the birth certificate where a name was actually needed. 

Jimin liked baby Park as a nickname. All of their friends referred to the baby as that. It would change now that their son was born. 

"Park Haneul." Jimin said knowingly. It was different, simple yet meaningful. They had both fallen in love with the name and decided to go with it. They had a girl's name picked out too since they didn't find out the gender of the baby ultrasounds ago. 

Jimin wrapped an arm around Jungkook's shoulders and snuggled closer to him. In a little bit, baby Haneul would need to sleep on his own in the hospital infant bed right next to them. For now, they were just spending the first moments of Haneul's life together. 

Right now, the couple were with their little euphoria. 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: 

Here's another mpreg oneshot but this time Jikook. I had been waiting to finish this and never got to it. I know it's super short. I'm considering write more for this "series"(?) but I'm not completely sure. Just not to get confused this storyline does collide with the mpreg oneshots before. 

Nari was the first one born then Sooyoung then Yoonmi and lastly Haneul. If I continue with this it'll be further explained ^•^

Btw I know nothing about childbirth XD 

Hope you all enjoyed it and until more to come ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️