always having you (by my side)

cherish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

dancing with bora in the middle of the street on the eve of christmas eve makes minji feel so irrevocably happy, so untouchable and light.

and even if her nose is red and her cheeks feel like they might go numb, bora makes minji's heart burn bright with a love so warm and true.

 

aka: a fluffy christmas vignette of jibo being cute on christmas eve eve

 

_____

 

It’s cold—really ing cold. 

 

But, Bora’s hands are warm.

 

And even if the cold slips through the layers of Minji’s clothes, Bora still lights her up inside and gives her the comforting warmth of her love. 

 

Everything about Bora emanates warmth—the smile fixed on her lips when Minji makes her laugh, her eyes when they gaze at her wife as she points out the beauty of Christmas decorations.

 

Being with Bora feels like sitting in front of their fireplace, Bora’s arms wrapped around Minji as she sits behind her and holds her because that’s the warmest place Minji will ever know. 

 

(And it’s all hers to have—it’s one of Minji’s greatest possessions, the love and trust Bora has for her only barely surpassing it).

 

And on nights where they cuddle together in front of their fireplace, Minji thinks that love feels like a lot of things—a phenomena that can never be truly explained and understood. (Love feels like coming home to Bora, like spring flowers blooming in her heart for Bora, like free-falling into Bora’s arms. All that and more, Minji knows this about love: choosing to love Bora is a decision she’ll gladly make for the rest of her life). And like the enigma that Bora is, being loved by her is  something Minji could never begin to explain. How could she articulate a feeling so effervescent? How could she possibly explain the euphoria, peace, and thrill of being loved by someone with a heart so magnificent? 

 

Ever since they talked, not a single day goes by without Minji feeling dearly loved by her wife. Since they made up, Bora does not fail to show exactly what Minji means to her. Even when money gets tight and time runs away from them until it feels scarce, Bora finds a way to make time. Even if that is just sleepily kissing Minji good night, mumbling “I love you” in the crook of her neck, and snuggling into her embrace, Bora won’t make the same mistake of neglecting the person that means everything to her.

 

(Bora makes Minji feel like she’s everything, like the entire universe exists for her and within her, like she is the sun and the moon all at once, like she is the singular reason for everything good and beautiful in life).

 

Bora is vibrant and bright like the flames in their fireplace as they feed it strips of wood throughout the night. Like dancing fire that keeps them warm on cold nights, she is lively as she tickles the sides of Minji’s stomach, her chirping, staccato laughter dancing around them in a joyful sound. And Minji’s laughing too because how could she not? She loves being the reason for Bora’s happiness and being in her wife’s arms even if that means she’ll be mercilessly tickled until she finds a way to get Bora to stop. (Simply pushing Bora’s hands away is usually never enough—mostly because Bora is persistent and will fight against her resistance. But, if Minji pushes her weight against her, Bora’s hands will naturally pull away to support them before they fall. And plus, when Minji nuzzles her nose against Bora’s cheek before pressing a smiley kiss on her soft lips, Bora’s too distracted to care about tickling Minji again. It’s a win-win, really). 

 

Bora’s kisses on her cheek, neck, shoulders, and lips make Minji feel warm. The feeling of her affection lingers the way the gentle heat of the fire does as it crackles and burns. Her warmth radiates and melts through the winter freeze, wraps around Minji’s body like a perpetual forever-blanket to keep her cozy.

 

Minji can’t remember the last Christmas where she ever felt alone—not when Bora has been in her life for more than half of the years she has been alive, not when she is so good at making Minji feel so loved. 

 

But, Minji knows this. 

 

Unlike their fireplace, Bora doesn’t need a lit fire to keep them warm—she does it all on her own.

 

And Minji knows this be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter