Chapter 02: One time, maybe twice

When Flowers Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Play: keshi- summer

O H   S E H U N

"And please don't forget to come home early tonight for dinner, I'm making steaks and we're serving wine. Nothing to celebrate but it's just been a while since your father came home to actually spend dinner with us because of how busy he is at the law firm. So please Sehun, no going out tonight. I know Jongin would understand." 

I nodded my head at my mother's request, seeming to understand that following her orders weren't hard to accept. I mean, it's honestly great to spend a meal together when everyone in the family is present. My father's been too busy with his work, he just started opening his own law firm that's why he's been doing extra hours just so he could make things work. My dad really is such an inspiration when it comes to hard work.

I then bid my mother goodbye, giving her a light kiss on the cheek before I fixed the top of my scrubs, dusting off the small amount of dust on my white shoes before I reached down to pick up my community bag. I got inside my car soon afterwards, I then drove my way to Starbucks since I kind of felt like getting a much-worthy coffee would start my day in a good way. 

And this is my everyday life: waking up early in the morning, having to hear some earsome from my mom about driving safely and not coming home too late at night and that I shouldn't even be thinking about going on a drinking, night out during weekdays     and of course, passing by to get some of my favorite cup of coffee at Starbucks.

That I wouldn't even forget, although I don't go and buy everyday since the coffee there cost like a ton but I do myself a favor like days like today. 

I rounded at the corner to my right when I arrived at Starbucks, I parked my 2 years old Range Rover on the side of the street before I got down, bringing only my wallet with me. I then got inside, smelling the sweet aroma of morning bliss hitting my nose. "Now this is how you start off your day." I mumbled to myself as a light smile was now plastered on my face. I placed myself on the line, just right behind a woman who seemed to work at a business company.  

I then suddenly hear light giggles on my right side, turning my head slightly to take a peek at what had created the noise. I then noticed some high school girls glancing in my directions while murmering amongst themselves. They caught me glancing at them, which made all of them stare at me for a good five seconds. I gave them a light smile, hearing them giggle even more afterwards.  

"Next please!" And that caught me out from my thoughts, I then moved forward and was met with a boy who looked a little older than me but not that much. He had big doe eyes and his haircut was that of a person who just got out of army camp, he was wearing the typical Starbucks uniform and his name tag had read Kyungsoo on it. 

I gave the boy a light smile, as so he did the same. "So, what could I get a nursing student as yourself for this morning?" And that's what I love about the Starbucks here in Busan, the aroma was great, their coffee is exquisite, and their staffs seems to be all up and happy all the time, all of them were really nice and friendly like this Kyungsoo guy. 

"I'll have one Salted Charamel Mocha to go, please." I had said. I then saw him punch away through the cash register, then faced me back again to give me another round of his smiles. I swear their employees are always to happy looking, the last time I came here was that it was a guy named Jongdae who was serving me, and he was all smiles too. Speaking of Jongdae, he was there on the other side of the counter with another set of cash register as he served orders on his designated line.  

"Alright! One Salted Charamel Mocha to go." I then looked back at Kyungsoo and gave him one last smile before he turned around, telling me to wait for five minutes before that as he started to prepare my drink.  For in about five minutes, just exactly as what he said, my drink finally came and it looked samely exquisite as I expected it to be. You know what they say, talented people are amazing.

I then paid for my drink, bid Kyungsoo a goodbye before I turned around to leave the shop, not forgetting to give another light smile to those high school girls who, surprisingly, are still there. This time they seemed to have mustered up the courage to give a light wave at my way. 

I soon arrived outside, the cold-morning breeze began to hit me as I felt the hotness of my coffee to feel more evident against my fingertips. I took a sip from it, tasting the bittersweet of its contents. A light smile was then evident on my face, "Now THIS is how you start off your day." I said again. 

 

J U N G   A E R A

"Thank you and enjoy your drink!" I gave a light wave towards the cashier, reading his tag and saw Jongdae written on it. I then plastered him with a smile before giving him my utmost thanks. Today felt a little numb for me considering that I haven't gotten enough rest and sleep last night from all the cryings that I did. I felt like I wasn't too hyped up for today, I also felt like wanting to just sleep in and call it a mental health day but no, work is needed to be done and I can't afford to miss any classes. 

I exited Starbucks, feeling slightly content and happy that I at least got to have a good coffee in the morning, just enough to compensate the stinging attitude I got from waking up on the wrong side of the bed. I shrugged the thought away, fishing my phone from my scrub's pocket and saw that I had 20 minutes more before my first period starts. I sent a text to Baekhyun, telling him that I was on my way as we speak.

I then decided to check my other m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter