We Pray For Better Days

IZONE Oneshot Collection (Kkubi)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A lonely figure, standing upright on the edge of a secluded corner of the huge urban bridge. Her gaze riveting downwards, towards the restless waves of the Han river. The icy wind shaking her frail body and tousling her long pink hair.)

Why do you want to end your life?

(The girl turns her head and sees a young woman, with a compassionate smile and a sad look on her face, waiting for her answer. The wind's blow twirls her short blonde hair, yet she is still insanely godly beautiful.)

If I jump from this bridge, will it change something?

Yes, of course!

How so? It's not like it's going to turn anyone's life upside down. I'm no one.

Yes, it is.

And… for whom?

For me! I don't want to see you hurt.

But, you don't know me. You are a stranger who just passes here…

So? It will make me sad all the same. Don't hurt yourself.

Why? I am no one to you. So, why?

Death is always hard to accept, especially when you know you can prevent it.

We don't know each other. If you keep going your way, nothing will change for you.

It will change, I know you are here wanting to end your life. I can't keep going.

Still, we don't know each other.

Then, let me know you!

Talk to me, I'm here now. Maybe I can help you.

Pff… Hahahahaha! As if! You know that you're funny, right?

Do you really think it will make a difference? I have no more illusions, you know.

You can't be sure if you don't try…

I did, okay? I did several times and nothing changes. I'm tired of this emptiness, I can't handle it anymore.

But now, I'm here for you. I can handle it for you.

No, I can't. I can't burden you with my insecure. I'm sure you have your own.

And I'm telling you it's okay. I can take yours as well as mine. Don't worry for me.

Why? Why are you willing to help me when I'm a stranger to you? What would it do for you?

I would stop your pain, that's enough for me. That's enough to keep hope.

I can't believe you. How is that enough?

Because it hurts me to see you this desperate. A lively girl like you! Let me help you…

How come a stranger wants to help me when my own family don't want to see me? When I'm just useless. When I'm worthless…

It's not true, and you know deep inside of you.

No, all I see is that I don't have the right to breathe anymore.

You are precious to me. I will help you to find your worth again!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter