One

Loveless Marriage

You have been married to a young CEO who was just a stranger to you for saving your family's business. 

Since the first day, you've walked into his family, there is no a single day you don't cry. Everyone hates you. Everyone bullies you. Including your husband, Hwang Minhyun, he hates you so much because he has to break up with his beloved girlfriend in order to marry you.

-----

It has been 3 months of your marriage. Your husband never touches you. He tries to ignore and escape from you. Some nights, he comes home at dawn or never comes back home. Some times, he comes home drunk and keeps crying for his beloved girlfriend. You feel sorry for him to have to abandon his love because of the marriage with you. You feel sorry for his whole family too. However, you don't have a choice either. You mentally forced yourself to accept this marriage too. But the better thing you have than him is you don't have a lover so you're not miserable like him.


4 months, 5 months, 6 months have passed. You haven't had any news for your strict mother-in-law. She always tells you to have a baby fast for her but nobody knows that your husband disgusts you and never touches your body, even your shadow disgusts him to death. You dare not to tell this to anybody. Yes, everybody knows your husband never likes or treats you well but nobody knows he hasn't spent the honeymoon night with you yet. 


Now it's come to your 10 months of marriage. One night your husband came home very late and drunk. He is often drunk but he never cries so hard like this. He cried like the world is going to end soon. First you didn't know why he was crying for until he spoke up in his sleep. "Kaeun, please wait for me! Don't marry other! I love you. You're the only girl I love. You're my only wife."

He said that while you were washing his body. Your tears rolled down without any hesitation. Though he was just a stranger to you before you got married but now he's your husband so you want him to love you even 1% of his love for his girlfriend. However, no matter how good you do to him or how time has passed, he remains unchanged for you; he still hates you. Anyways you decided to keep doing good to him as you believe your effort will be paid off one day. 

-----

"Good morning! How are you feeling now?" you quickly asked your husband who has just woken up from sleep. He ignored you as usual. He threw the blanket you have covered for him to a side of bed then left to bathroom. 

A moment later, he left the bathroom with covering a white towel on his waist and came to get hairdryer from desk drawer. As always he never cared about your presence but you try to cheer up yourself, never loses a smiley face in front of him. 

"I've prepared you some porridge. Please have it before go to work!" you put your cooked porridge on a table in your bedroom then left to do housework with other cleaners. 

This is your daily life; being ignored by your husband and his whole family everyday and go to do cleaning in the whole house with other cleaners and waitress. It has been 10 months so you get used with this low class life.

-----

One day you made some dessert and you wanted to give to your husband so you went to his company at noon. His secretary let you in as she knows you're his wife without informing him in advance. You went to his personal office. You tried to knock for a few times but you got no response so you decided to break in by your own. You didn't find him at his desk. You were curious. You thought he might be in bathroom so you went to sit on a couch to wait for him. After a while you heard a noisy sound from bathroom. It was two people's sound. One was obviously Minhyun and the other one was a girl's sound. The sounds that full of pleasure. You didn't want to think what they were doing inside the bathroom but the way they moaned could describe their activities. You hesitated if you should go and see. Your legs became shaky, your eyes became teary and your heart became aching even before you saw them by own eyes. You collected your bravery to walk to the bathroom. 

As soon as you saw the scene, you dropped the box of dessert you brought to him from your hand. The dropping sound made the passionately kissing couple paused. They turned to look at you. Minhyun only gave you a glance then continued doing his stuff while the girl he was playing with smirk at you like you're a fool. They continued their activities without caring your presence. You got more hurt to be treated like this. You burst out crying and ran out from his office. You kept crying and running as fast as you could. Unfortunately, you got hit by a car in front of his company building. You fainted right away. 

When you woke up, you already saw yourself on bed inside the hospital room and a stranger. That man quickly came to you as soon as you opened your eyes. 

"Miss, are you okay?" he worriedly asked you. You touched your head because you still felt a bit dizzy. You looked at the man and tried to think who he is.

"You ran into my car and fainted. I took you here. Here is hospital." he knew what you were thinking in head so he told you. You recalled your memory and remembered you carelessly ran to hit a car in front of your husband's company. 

"I'm sorry, Sir. I was careless and made you in trouble." you quickly bowed to apologize to him. 

The young man smiled and gave you very warm facial expression. "It's fine. I'm happy that you don't get anything serious. When you fainted, I heard some staffs addressed you as Mrs. Hwang... Are you CEO Hwang's wife? I'm his business partner also his good friend. I was in oversea when you and him got married so I couldn't join your wedding." 

"Hmm... It's ok." you replied with a forced smile. 

"Oh I've phoned Minhyun about your hospitalizing. He said he is having a meeting. Maybe he will come to pick you up after finished. I've an appointment. I'm gonna leave first." the young man said. 

"Yes thank you for your help!" you  bowed to him. 

He left and you were alone. You thought Mjnhyun would come to pick you up but he didn't appear at all. After many hours waiting hopelessly, you decided to leave hospital and went back home by yourself. When you arrived home, you already saw his car inside. You walked to your room and saw he was sleeping soundly already. What you could do was crying painfully alone. He didn't care about you at all. You went to bathroom and cried out your pain. You cried until you fainted alone in the bathroom. 

Next day, you woke up and saw yourself was wet, laying inside the toilet floor. You struggled to get up and left the bathroom. You saw Minhyun was tying his tie, ready to leave for work. 

"You really don't care about me even a little? I caught you having fun with other girl in your office, I got into an accident and was sent to hospital, I fainted in the bathroom..... You're just wearing your suit and going to work just like this?" you lost your control. You exposed your true feeling and words to him. 

He burst out smiling in mocking way then turned to you. "Funny! Why should I care for you? You're nothing to me. Get lost!" after insulting you, he grabbed his bag then left to work. 

You lost your balance and bawled alone inside your room. You thought you almost really ran out of your patience. You really didn't know how longer you can struggle. 

-----

From that day, you became silent. You never dare to speak anything to him anymore. You feel enough for him. You decided to be a fool wife and let him do what he wants. 

One night, he came back heavily drunk again. He forced you to spend the night with him for the first time. You were hurt not because he roughly forced you but because he kept crying for the girl who named "Kaeun" though you were the one he was kissing. 

So in your 12th month of marriage, you finally became his girl. But when he woke up in the next morning, he got mad to realize he pampered you for the whole night. He stared at you like he wanted to take out your soul and send to hell. You felt so upset and cheap to be treated like this by him. You finally came up with the decision of divorce. 

You decided to reveal everything to your family and they supported for you to get divorced even though your family business will take risk by losing the support of Hwang family. You asked your lawyer to prepare for divorce document. 

When you received the document from your lawyer, you brought it to your husband to his office. 

You handed the document which you've already signed on your name. 

"Please sign on your name and our marriage will be completely over." you gave a slight bow then left. He looked a bit surprised but you can say he wasn't sad at all to hear about the divorce. 

You thought it was finished now so the last thing you did was going back home and packed all your stuff from his room. You didn't take anything else more than your stuffs. "Well, besides the wedding dress and wedding ring, I've never received anything from you for this one year of marriage." you started sobbing again to think how rough your marriage life was. Lastly you took off your wedding ring from your finger then left it on bed. You grabbed your suitcase then left the house. None of his family felt sorry, stopped you nor said last greetings to you. You felt painful because even the last moment, they never treated you nice.

You went back to your family and kept yourself inside your room for many days.
-----

It has been one month of your divorce. Hwang Family hasn't withdrew their share from your company yet. They've been silent. 

One day, you realized about your late period. It has been late for 3 days. You went to hospital for pregnancy check up as you were worried if you could be pregnant with your ex-husband a few days before you both got divorced. 


"Congratulations! You're pregnant 3 weeks now." you stunned. You couldn't react anything. Your mental broke down and burst out crying in front of doctor. 

"What should I do?" this is the only word you could speak out. 


After feeling enough of crying, you left hospital. You were walking soullessly along the street. Unintentionally, you arrived in front of your ex-husband's company. You didn't know why you would come here but since you were already here, you decided to wait until he left work, hoping to see him secretly from a far. While you were waiting for him at a corner, Kaeun the girl you caught them kissing in the office also his beloved girlfriend saw you. She headed to you. You looked at her with fear as her face was so scary. 

"Why are you here? Wanna mess with Minhyun's life again? Get lost!" she yelled at you and pushed you to fall down. You felt so hurt especially around your stomach area. You started sobbing. That moment Minhyun arrived. He quickly walked to you two. 

"What's up?" he asked. 

Kaeun quickly changed her hard behavior to soft behavior. She held Minhyun's arm and acted sad. "She was shouting at me, telling me to stop seeing you. I was begging her but she slapped me. Yet, when you were walking to us, she faked to fall down, trying to make you believe I'm the one who hurt her. Hik hik how poisonous she is! Minhyun, let's get married soon! I'm afraid this girl keeps coming after me and harm our baby." Kaeun kept faking the scene. You got so shocked to hear she's also pregnant with Minhyun. Your tears rolled down. You slowly patted your stomach, looking at Minhyun in disbelief. Minhyun was looking at you with a facial expression that you couldn't get the meaning. 

You struggled to get up all alone. "I come here just to say thanks for not withdrawing your share from my company. I'm leaving now." you bowed to him politely. He remained silent without replying anything to you. You turned back from them and started walking. "This might be the last time we met." you whispered to yourself. You wish you could hear some words from him but it was nothing until you left. 

-----

You came back home and told your parents about your pregnancy. You begged them to let you keep the baby and keep as secret from Hwang Family. They respected your decision. Next day, you prepared to move to live with your grandma in another city, Jeju. It was countryside so you would feel comfortable to start a new life with new member. 

------