Eight

Love To Hate Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Lisa's POV*

 

 

Have you ever had a recurring dream?

 

 

But once you wake up you can't remember everything? You just remember the tiny details.. the blurry, significant ones that makes you realize that the dream was a pleasant one.

 

 

I had a few of those.

 

 

Actually, nanaginip nanaman ako kaninang umaga. It's been years since I last had this kind of dream. It's still the same though. I was at the beach with people I assume as my friends. We were drinking beer and I was talking to someone. She had long black hair, defined collarbones, were her cheeks fluffy? I can't remember.

 

 

So there's that. We were having fun, I stole a few kisses from the girl. She laughed, then she returned the same kisses to me. 

 

 

She grabbed my hand. Took me to what seemed like a lighthouse, away from the beach--- away from the party. We went inside and climbed up the stairs. She giggled as she grabbed my collar and kissed me roughly against the wall. 

 

 

We continued running up the stairs and when we reached the top, the girl suddenly vanished. 

 

 

I woke up with tears in my eyes and I felt empty.

 

-------- 

 

Dinner yesterday with Jennie went well. We were civil once again. Nag-stay siya sa kwarto for almost 4 hours bago siya bumalik sa condo niya. She began teasing me again like before, as if she didn't cry while apologizing to me. Naisip ko tuloy kung pakana niya lang na umiyak so that I could give in easily. I didn't dwell on that nalang and decided to move on. As long as Jennie keeps my secret.

 

 

In fact, she's coming over in an hour. She unilaterally decided to have a study session here. Ni hindi niya nga inintay yung reply ko kung papayag ako.

 

 

My phone rang. I hope it's Jennie at sana mag-cancel siya. I looked at the caller  ID and it showed Jisoo's name. 

 

 

"Lis, g ka maya?" tanong sa akin ni Jisoo. "Tinatamad ako." sabi ko sabay unat ng mga braso ko. 

 

 

"Andun daw si Sana, tara na!" paghihikayat niya. Hanggang anong oras kaya si Jennie dito? "Di ko alam Jisoo.." I tried to reason. 

 

 

"May lakad ka ba? O baka may secret girlfriend ka na dyan ah kaya ayaw mo na kami kasama." sabi niya while fake sobbing. "Try ko. Okay?" I finally said and  we bid each other goodbye.

 

 

I took a quick bath and waited for Jennie on the couch while watching television.

 

 

Maya-maya narinig kong may kumakatok. I stood up and headed to the door. 

 

 

Pagbukas na pagbukas ko ng pinto, I saw Jennie wearing her backpack. She strutted inside my room as if she owns the place. 

 

 

"Bumili akong food for brunch. Figured you haven't eaten yet." sabi niya. 

 

 

Until  now I found it weird. Friends na ba kami ni Jennie? 

 

 

Go with the flow, Lisa.

 

 

We ate in silence. Then Jennie started going through her bag and brought out her books and pens. 

 

 

"Did you cheat?" she nonchalantly asked me. Nakatitig siya sa mga libro niya and started scanning them. I scoffed. 

 

 

The nerve. 

 

 

"Hindi." simple kong sagot but then she looked at me. "I saw you the day of the exams. Nakatambay ka lang sa parking. Hindi ka nag-aral tapos nag-top ka?" she huffed.

 

 

"I studied for an hour the night before." pag-amin ko sakanya.

 

 

"An hour?!" she exclaimed.

 

 

"I never study before an exam, Jennie." sabi ko sakanya sabay tawa. She looked at me and she wore a shocked expression. "Ano?" tanong ko sakanya. 

 

 

"You're serious?" tanong niya ulit. "No. To be honest it took me 45 minutes, I got bored." I said. 

 

 

"Arrogant ." she whispered. "Luh? Tinanong mo kaya!" I countered. 

 

 

"So.. you're a genius?" she quipped.

 

 

"Nope."

 

 

"Fine."

 

 

Silence filled the room afterwards. It remained that way for about 30 or 40 minutes ..

 

 

"So you're a lesbian?" Jennie asked while looking at her notes. Napatigil ako. I nodded. "Oo."

 

 

"So Sana.." she trailed off. "Friends pa lang kami." I cut her.

 

 

"Pa lang?" tanong ni Jennie. "She's way out of your league." sabi pa niya na para bang nang-iinis. 

 

 

"You know this is my room, no?" sabi ko. 

 

 

"And?"

 

 

"I can kick you out." sabi ko sabay tawa. She laughed din. 

 

 

"Kamusta yung dinners? Was it more fun without me?" tanong ko sakanya. Nakita kong bigla siyang sumimangot.

 

 

"Can't believe I'm saying this but, I kinda wish you were there. You should've seen Daddy's face nung nalaman niya na top 3 nalang ako." she sighed.

 

 

"Don't worry, next time hindi na ko mag-aaral para ikaw na ulit yung top." sabi ko.

 

 

She looked at me, Jennie looked like an angry kitten. "I don't need you! Kaya ko mag-top magisa!" she said annoyed.

 

 

Tinignan ko yung papers niya and she immediately snatched them away from my sight.

 

 

"Number 4." sabi ko sakanya.

 

 

"Ha?"

 

 

"Mali yung formula na ginamit mo." sabi ko. She looked at her paper and she must have realized her mistake.

 

 

"Ah. Kaya pala. Can.. Can you help me with the remaining problems?" she hesitantly asked me.

 

 

"Sure. Sure! Lika dito." Yaya ko sakanya dahil nasa kabilang side siya ng table. Tumayo siya at tumabi sakin.

 

 

 

 

------------

 

 

"Ugh.." Nanlaki yung mga mata ko sa narinig ko. "Can you stop that?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter