Fallen

Fallen (Apart)

° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 °° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 °

° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 °° 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 ₒ 𐐪𐑂 ♡ 𐐪𐑂 °

 

He’s late again, and you shouldn’t be surprised. Shouldn’t feel the tell-tale sign of disappointment budding in your chest as you begin to clear the table of your unappreciated meal. The small blue container full of cheerios sat on the highchair to the side brings a smile to your shaky lips. You don’t expect the jiggle of the front door moments later.

Baekhyun steps over the threshold without a word, hanging up his cream colored coat as his orange locks of hair ruffle softly in the wind coming from the open door.

“How was work?” Your voice is tentative, already accustomed to the exhaustion written all over his handsome face. He silently moves over to the coffee maker as if you haven’t spoken a word. You turn away, biting hard on your lip, distracting yourself with bringing the dishes over to the counter to be washed.

“The merger bailed.” He speaks up after minutes of tense silence, his gruff tone of voice full of underlining warning.

“No.” You gasp, spinning to him with wide eyes. “Why? You’ve been working on this collab for months-”

“They wanted us to travel with them.” He continues, cold eyes scanning over your form, a bitter smirk quirking at his lips. “Apparently a 7 months preganant wife doesn’t make the cut.”

“Y-You can go, I mean.” You stutter, heart falling to your feet; instinctively resting your free hand protectively over your protruding stomach. “I-I could let the baby spend the week at-”

“Where will they go?” The sheer volume of his voice startles you; the plate of his untouched food slips from your hands, shattering on the floor. “Where will they go?” He repeats in frustration, not even phased as you sink down to your knees, surrounded by broken pieces of your devotion and hot tears. The brutal knife of his words bouncing around your head like a boomerang.

“We are falling apart,” You voice your thoughts, you can’t bear to utter it louder than a whisper. Shakily wiping at the fountain of tears streaming down your face that he would have brushed away back then. When you were both young and free, just dipping your toes into the ocean at the edge of the world where nothing else mattered but the way your hearts raced as one. Where did you go wrong? What happened to the love you both swore to hold dear until your final days? Does his company and endless list of admirers matter more to him than the vows you uttered 5 years ago? Than the small child huddled up in their bedroom and the tiny heart beating beneath your own?

Cagamosis. The word is bitter on your tongue, but what are you left to do when you’re the only one still trying? The only one still in love?

“I got work in the morning,” He grumbles, going back to retrieve his coat with heavy strides. The taps of his dress shoes that you had once adored now fill you with a sense of loss and regret. “I’ll be at Chanyeol’s. Don’t wait up.”

You don’t turn to face him as he slips out the door he had stepped through not even 20 minutes ago, continuing to look down at your red covered hands. The sudden cries of a distraught child snapping you out of your trace. Yes, you are falling apart, but you have others counting on you. You still have parts of him that love and depend on you.

 

♡♡♡

 

You coo down at your daughter as you make sure her carseat is securely strapped; heart softening at the sight of your doe eyes combined with his pouty lips. Thankfully she’s a mama’s girl, but you’re not surprised with how rare Baekhyun has interacted with your child over the years. He has this habit of treating everyone like his subordinates, and the constant fights of you hating the way he talks down to a literal baby has stopped their father-daugther bond all together.

Just as you’re moving around to get into your car, the front door of the house opens. You pause, car door in hand as Baekhyun walks over; heart racing in a small sliver of hope that maybe… Maybe things are about to change.

“My day will be packed with meetings,” He mumbles, hand stuffed in his pocket as he regards you with a nearly bored expression as if talking to you have become nothing but one of his daily chores. “Don’t call me before 3.”

You almost want to say something. Almost. About the tired circles around his eyes and the faded red marks on his neck, but you choose to smile. The smile that used to brighten his brown orbs more than when a ray of sunlight hits them from the sky. “Okay.”

He spins around on his heel without another word, not even acknowledging the child watching from the backseat as you slip behind the wheel; hands firmly placed on the cushioned control.

You know for sure now, in your heart and mind. Byun Baekhyun doesn’t love you, and you will not waste anymore time on someone who treats you more like a maid than the vow of equality and love that you shared.

Looking up in the rearview mirror, you smile at the sleeping child with her favorite bear clutched in her arms, and rest a hand over the one kicking your stomach in greeting. No. You will not hesistate another moment to achieve what you and your little family deserves. With the sun on the rise and your GPS directing you to your old childhood home, you leave the past few years behind. Because the future you are heading towards is the one that you truly deserve.

 

 

 

♬♩♪♩ Part 2 coming out later today ♬♩♪♩