Path 1 - Chapter 1

That Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2017 First Year, First Semester

It was the orientation for the freshmen. She was feeling excited and anxious at the same time. Being in law school was not what she originally wanted but it is what has been repeatedly planted on her mind, that she needs to take up law. So, she did. She tried her best to forget her dream of making film and took up what her parents wanted her to do. She felt excited though as she had learned to love the path that she will be taking and anxious because she still felt like she will not be good enough for the profession.

“Hi. Is this seat taken?”  Dara asked to the guy seating on the center aisle as it was the only seat available.

“Yes. Are you also from 1A?” The guy with chinky eyes asked her back.

“Yes” She answered with a smile and proceeded to sit.

“Finally, someone from the same block. I’m Seungri by the way” Seungri took out his hand to shake Dara’s hand and continued blabbing about his excitement towards law school. After few minutes a guy approached them and called out Seungri.

“Hey Seungri. Where are the hyungs?” The other guy asked Seungri while having a seat beside him.

“Hi to you too Daesung hyung. The hyungs are on their way.” Seungri looked at the doorway “Oh, there they are.” He said as he pointed to the door where three guys were going in.

“Hey maknaes” The tallest guy greeted them. Dara tried to ignore them as they don’t know the guys.

“Hi hyungs. Before I forgot, this is Dara.” Seungri informed them as he pointed to Dara who was smiling awkwardly.

“Hi. I’m Dara. I’m a freshman.” She greeted them with a wide smile which they returned.

“I’m Seunghyun but you may call me TOP. I’m the eldest. I did not proceed straight to law school to wait for these fools.”  TOP said jokingly which earned him a glare from the maknaes. Truth be told, he was trained to handle their company after his college graduation. He decided to attend law school when the maknaes decided to enter law school.

“I’m Youngbae but you can call me Taeyang.”  Said the guy with the shy smile. Dara nodded and smiled back.

“I’m Jiyong but you may call me GD.” Okay, he’s cute. Dara stared at him. His smile was gummy and it was enticing. His charisma was also overflowing like TOP. Dara smiled shyly to him then looked at Daesung.

“You are Daesung right? I heard Seungri call you Daesung a while ago.”  Dara beamed to Daesung. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter