Final

Beds

No one was inside when he entered and dropped his backpack on the ground, so he made himself comfortable by flopping onto Jimin’s bed. He instantly relaxed.

Lying in Jimin’s bed had become a habit because of one late night when Jungkook had a nightmare about never getting to return home to Busan.

An hour later, Jungkook was woken up by Jimin’s soft voice.

“Jungkook-ah… Kook, wake up. It’s time for dinner, I’ve made kimchi stew.” He said, shaking the younger awake.

Jungkook opened his eyes, Jimin’s face so close to his it made him blush. Yes, Jungkook had a crush on Jimin, his best friend and roommate. Of course. Who couldn’t fall for Jimin and his sweet personality, his soft voice and his perfect features? He was Park Jimin. But Jungkook didn’t confess even after years of being aware of his feelings because he was too afraid to lose his friend. But that’s not the point. The point is, Jimin had made food so Jungkook had to go eat.

“What time is it?” he groggily asked.

“It’s almost 7.” Jimin answered.

“, I’ve slept for a whole hour.” Jungkook said, sitting up as Jimin giggled.

“And in my bed. Come on, I’m hungry.” Jimin said before going out of the room.

Jungkook got down from the bed, following him to the dining table.

“How was your day Kook?”

“It was okay. I’m looking forward to winter break, I’m sick of uni.”

“There you go with your food.” Jimin said, handing one bowl of stew and another of rice to Jungkook.

“Thanks.” He waited for Jimin to sit down too. “How was your day?”

“It was fine. I’m nearing the end of my story so I’m less nervous than when I began writing it.”

“I’m sure it will be great.”

“Thanks.”

They ate in silence for a few minutes, sharing smiles. Then, Jungkook broke the silence.

“Can you tell me what it is about now? Since you’re near the end.” He cautiously asked.

When Jimin had announced him that he had to write his own story as part of his exam, Jungkook was very curious about the plot. But Jimin had refused to tell him about it because he didn’t want to jinx it.

“Jungkook…” Jimin sighed. “I can’t tell you. You could read it later when the exams will be over.”

“But Jimin-ah, please…” Jungkook began.

“I told you no.” Jimin said, outright.

Jungkook pouted throughout the rest of the meal and went straight to his room when he was done. He lied on his bed – which felt strangely unfamiliar to him – and put his earphones in, trying to heal his heart with music. He unknowingly fell asleep and when Jimin came to ask him to watch a movie with him, he didn’t have the heart to wake him up.

Jungkook woke up, shaking like a leaf. He looked at the time: 3:11AM. He had fallen asleep without covering himself with his blanket and that wasn’t a good idea in November. His phone was dead and he felt lonely so, naturally, he got up and went to Jimin’s room. The latter was sleeping soundly, looking all fluffy with his hair spread over the pillow, the blanket covering his whole body but his face. Jungkook smiled lightly at the sight and slid beside Jimin. Unlike the other times, Jimin opened his eyes, yawning.

“Jungkook?” he drowsily asked.

“Can I sleep with you?” Jungkook asked and Jimin nodded.

The taller made himself comfortable, snuggling closer to Jimin. The latter threw an arm over Jungkook’s waist and was about to go back to sleep when he spoke.

“Jiminie?”

“Hm?”

“I love you.” Jungkook whispered.

“I love you too.” Jimin answered.

“No, I mean–”

“I know what you meant. I love you too Jungkookie. Forever and ever.” Jimin said, hugging Jungkook tightly.

Jungkook smiled, feeling warmer than ever.

“Me too Jiminie. Forever and ever.”

He was about to fall asleep when Jimin talked again.

"My story is about you. About how much I love you. Just so you know." He softly said, kissing Jungkook's head before they both drifted off to sleep.