The night at the party

Temporary Bliss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Six months ago

 

Irene feels that she’s going to regret coming to this party, she let herself be dragged along by one of her friends to a party she was invited but didn’t want to attend to in the first place, or to be very precise, she’s worried that she attended a party without her girlfriend. Would it be all right? She doesn’t know, what she knows though is that if Jennie finds out about her going to some party without her, she’s going to flip. Knowing that her girlfriend does not let her go alone to parties with every chance she gets – well, if Irene was to say, Jennie  just doesn’t want her to go out somewhere without the her.

 

She let out a deep sigh as they made a turn to what Irene recognized as a parking lot. Her friend looked at her from the passenger seat and smiled at her, her features were full of mischief and Irene couldn’t help but feel that she really is going to have regrets going out tonight. However, she has to admit that Solar has a knack of persuading her, added the fact that she just used the ‘you guys had a huge fight and are on a time off from each other’ card on her.

 

“We’re here.” She heard her friend’s girlfriend say, pulling her out from her thoughts. She looked up and saw her friend give her a reassuring smile. “Hey, it’s okay. Tonight’s the night you throw your worries away and enjoy the night.”

 

“Yeah, Irene, so you guys had a big fight. All relationships go through that. Just have fun, okay? I heard the Sooyoung allows single women inside.” She threw a glare at Yongsun’s girlfriend, making the woman go stiff and cower behind her girlfriend.

 

“Let’s just go inside, Joy’s expecting us.”

 

People were already gathering on their own group the moment Irene and her friends arrived at the venue of the birthday party. Well, it’s expected. They were already thirty minutes late to the party. As they entered, they were greeted by a familiar face and it made Irene smile, it’s been a while since she’s spent time with her friends, and this is the first time that she has seen them for months. She missed them, big time.

 

“Hey, glad that you guys came. Joy thought that you guys wouldn’t come.”

 

“You can blame our princess here,” Irene saw Solar pointing a thumb at her with an accusing look then turned into a teasing smile – she narrowed her eyes and heard the other finish her sentence, “she was just laying on her bed when we arrived at her flat saying she doesn’t want to go cause she’s not feeling it.”

 

If her glares could kill, Solar would have had dropped dead in an instant. Seulgi’s soft chuckle pulled her from her thoughts of bringing death upon her chatty friend, “I did hear from Joy that Irene may not come due to – you know.”

 

“We just had a fight, that’s all.” She interjected.

 

“And a break.” Irene snapped her head towards her other friend, Solar’s girlfriend, Byulyi.

 

“Oh God, go say it louder so everyone in here would know that we’re currently on time-off with each other.”

 

Byulyi smiled smugly at her, daring to accept her challenge, and when her friend was about to do something that would embarrass them, Solar brought up a hand to Byulyi’s mouth without saying any word but her face was masked with full of threat, making the latter put her hands up in defeat.

 

Irene let out an amused laughed seeing the whole thing unfold before her and looked up to Seulgi, “Now, where’s the birthday girl?”

 

Seulgi turned to her then looked around, craning her head from left to right and turned back to Irene, “She’s inside somewhere, I left her while she was talking to my friend, you guys wouldn’t mind that my best friend’s going to sit with us, right?”

 

The three guests shook their head and Seulgi towed them towards their table where she left her friend and her girlfriend.

 

“Great, let’s go then.”

 

*

 

She eyed her best friend’s girlfriend with scrutiny when she saw her drink yet another shot of vodka just right after she drank one shot earlier, she wonders if her goal was to get drunk on her birthday, “Slow down, Joy. It’s not like there’s no tomorrow.”

 

“Wendy, It’s my birthday. Let me have this.” That was all the raven said to her.

 

“You can still drink tomorrow, though?”

 

“I will drink today and tomorrow, and on the next day, and the day after that.” Wendy saw her friend jutting her tongue out.

 

Wendy shook her head at the childish antic her friend just showed, letting the conversation end at that. It’s alright to let the birthday girl win today, she heaved a deep breath as she let herself concede to Sooyoung. She scanned the place around for her best friend who went off looking for Joy’s friends that notified them of their arrival. She scanned through the crowd and found Seulgi talking to some guests across the room.

 

She eyed them one by one and then, she saw her talking to her friend: long brunette hair flowing over her shoulders, oh and those smooth shoulders – thank God for off-shoulders, add to that a pretty face that she may say, the most prettiest face that she has seen for like ever.

 

As if everything around her stopped moving, she saw how the woman turned slowly to her direction and gave her a small smile after she realized her stare. It was as if she was in a daze, Wendy held her stare at the woman right in front of Seulgi, she didn’t even notice Joy’s stare towards her and to where she was looking, not even noticing the smile her friend was having.

 

“Wipe that look you have on your face and stop staring at Irene.”

 

Wendy quickly turned to look at Joy who just gave her a smile full of smug, “Wha– I’m not staring at, wait who’s Irene?” Defending herself is just futile, she saw how Joy’s looking at her and they both know that there’s no way she can pull herself out from the birthday girl’s discerning look.

 

“I know you, she’s not available though, she has a girlfriend.”

 

“Girlfriend? That’s good to know that she swings our way. Whoever her girlfriend is, she’s one lucky person, I mean look at her – she’s like a goddess gracing your party with her presence.”

 

“Uh, excuse you, I am a goddess.”

 

Wendy didn’t say anything but only raised her brows instead, teasing the raven. She smirked when Joy rolled her eyes, feeling her success when the woman didn’t say a word.

 

“Guys, we have company.” Wendy slowly turned her head towards the sound of the voice, to which she recognizes all too well.

 

She smiled towards her best friend and ran her eyes towards the pretty Irene, Wendy quickly raised her hands, offering for a handshake, “Hello, please make yourselves comfortable and don’t forget to en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter