Clumsy Because of Love

Clumsy Because Of Love

 

Jinki has always remembered being like this after he met him, and he didn't know how to make it go away. Could there be a treatment or a cure for this? He would always ask himself these questions the days when his clumsiness would hit him hard after seeing this perfect creature, well that is what he called him, near him.

Every morning he would wake up hours early in the morning to have time to do his morning activities, and after everything was settled, he would still have plenty of time to arrive at school on time without being in a rush. He had always made excellent grades, and of course he was the top student of the whole school, and for him, it was one of his greatest achievements. He liked to read and study every single time he had the opportunity.

He was nerd, and he admitted.

His social life, well, he actually didn't have one, but he did had friends. He didn't care if he was popular or not in school. He never thought being popular was really important, and actually he could never figure out why everyone wanted to be one.

He just considered himself ordinary and simple.

When his family suffered financial problems, he didn't want to be a burden in the family, so he decided it was best for him to have a job. So every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, after school, he would go to a pretty little coffee shop down town, and work until eight. Jinki always thought he was lucky to have found this tranquil place to work, but after he came in one day, everything just seem to go down the drain after that.



One day, it looked like a normal day for Jinki. He was serving two caramel coffees to two young ladies covering their mouths with their hands, giggling and looking at him while he placed the two cups on the wooden table. Jinki didn't really bother looking at them, but he just smiled at them while he gave them a small bow and left, but somehow that only made the two girls giggle a lot more.

He heard an 'excuse me' coming from someone behind him, and Jinki knew someone wanted his service. He turned around, and noticed a young beautiful blond boy sitting down on one of the tables near a wide window, and taping his index finger on the table.

The young boy had an arrogant look on his face, but Jinki only noticed how flawless he was. He had fine line cat eyes, his lips were pouty almost kissable, and his skin looked smooth and bright. Jinki had never seen a boy so shining, the only thing he could do was stare at the boy. He stuttered his words of 'may a take your order?' and the young boy only smirked, a cute smirk to be exact. It was the first time Jinki had stuttered, and he really didn't like the feeling because he thought he looked like a dumb moron.

The young boy placed his order, and Jinki left to get his coffee latte in a hurry, not wanting for the petite boy to wait any longer. While going to the kitchen he accidentally tripped over the mop floor, and tried to act like nothing had happened. When he was settle behind the counter he grabbed a cup, and placed it on the coffee machine and grasped the handle for the coffee to come out, but he didn't know how after that, everything became a mess. Coffee was spilled on the ground and on his shirt, he then mixed the ingredients wrong, so he had do redo everything once again. After he had finished doing the coffee latte, how it supposed to be done, he took a napkin from the counter and made his way to boy. He was about the reach the table when somehow he tripped again, and spilled the hot liquid on the blond boy.

After that day he had always been embarrassed and scared to even go near the boy. Every time the petite boy would come to the coffee shop, it would always be an awful day for Jinki. His clumsiness would always make it's way out, and he didn't know how to handle it. His body would tense up, cold sweat would come running down his forehead, and sometimes it would be difficult for him to even talk. He was just glad he hadn't spilled anything on him after the first incident.

Jinki noticed the pretty boy would always come with friends or just simply alone with a book or a laptop in hand.  He would work on his homework or he would just laugh out loud with his mates, that always joked around. Jinki also noticed the boy was extremely popular with the boys and girls, and always fashionable in every sense of the word. The days he liked the most were the ones when the boy would come alone. He liked how he would bite his lips when he was fully concentrating, how he would touch his lips with his fingers, and how his eyes would grow wider when he was probably reading something quite interesting. Jinki also learned his different types of smiles and laughs. How he smiled when he saw something sweet, and how he smirked when something was funny. The first impression of him of being arrogant was thrown away by time, and he thought he was perfect, too perfect for him.

What Jinki didn't learned as time passed, was how to make his clumsiness go away. He noticed that he was only clumsy when the pretty boy was around, and he really didn't know why. He had been awfully embarrassed in front of him too many times. He thought it was a disease caused by the young boy, but he wasn't sure how to cure it.

Jinki then decided that it was time to go talk to someone about his problem, and the only person he could think of was one of his best friends and co-worker, Jonghyun. At lunch break, he tried to explain to his best friend what has been happening to him, and the only thing Jinki received from him was a 'you are an idiot', while rolling his eyes.

"Yes I am an idiot for slipping and for..."

"Yah! can't you see?" Jonghyun shouted, giving Jinki a smack on the head, "You love him!" he finished as Jinki winced in pain.

"And since you don't know how to control your nerves when he is around, you do these kind of clumsy things."

I love him? Jinki asked himself that question for several days over and over. He has never been in love and he wasn't sure how he is supposed to feel. This feeling was new to him, but he wasn't sure if he loved the boy.



One day Jonghyun asked Jinki if he could take his shift on Saturday night because he wanted to go on a date with a pretty girl from school. Jinki didn't mind, and accepted. It was around closing time, and no one was in the coffee shop except for him since one of his co-workers left a little earlier.  Jinki was cleaning the counter when he heard the golden bell chime from the wide wooden door telling him someone had come in. Jinki glanced at the door and he saw the cute boy coming inside, and he weakly smiled at him. The young boy didn't look at Jinki, he just had his head down, and just went straight to sit down on one of the small tables.

"Coffee latte or vanilla latte?" Jinki asked. He knew perfectly what the boy always ordered, it was either one of the two.

He heard the boy sighed, "Vanilla please."

Jinki went to the small kitchen and prepared the latte in a swift, trying not to spill anything. After he finished preparing the latte, he quickly walked toward the boy, taking careful steps to prevent from spilling anything on the petite boy. Jinki placed the drink in front of him, and bowed in order to leave, but was stopped by the soft grip on his wrist by the latter.

Just calm down Jinki! he thought as he felt his heart beat faster.

"Can you keep me company?" the boy whispered.

Jinki then turned around and saw the cute boy with tears in his eyes, trying to make their way out. He had never seen the boy like this, and he knew something wrong or bad had happened to him. Jinki nodded, and sat across the table from him. There was an awkward silence between them, and Jinki couldn't stop fidgeting on his apron. They both smiled shyly at each other, and Jinki could see his tears leaving his precious eyes.

"My name is Kim Kibum."

"An-and my name is Lee Jinki." Jinki tried not to stuttered, but failed at it.

"Yeah I know..."

"H-How?"

"Your name tag." Kibum lightly chuckled, sipping some of his vanilla latte.

Jinki thought he looked dumb, and if you add his clumsiness... let's just say he felt stupid in front of the boy.

They both started talking through out the night, and Jinki was glad he didn't stuttered a lot nor his clumsiness kicked in. He learned a few things from Kibum and the reason behind his tears. Kibum didn't win the dance competition with his team mates from school, and he pouted cutely while explaining every single detail of the contest, and what had went wrong. As they kept talking, Jinki had forgotten to close the coffee shop, and both noticed that it was getting extremely late that it was time to leave already.

"It was nice talking to you Jinki." Kibum smiled in a sweet way, his tears already dried.

Jinki only nodded avoiding the latter's gaze, he was still shy in front of the cute boy.

"Here is the $3.20 from my latte." he took the money out of his pocket and placed it on the table.

"Don't, it's on me." Jinki pushed the money away with his right hand slightly trembling.

Jinki saw Kibum smiled again as the boy placed the money back inside his pocket and stood up from his chair, ready to leave. Jinki thought Kibum was about walk away, but he suddenly stood beside him as the boy leaned down, and pecked him on his soft cheeks.

Jinki felt his heart flatter and his cheeks beginning to burn. He had frozen on the spot.

"Thank you." he heard Kibum's smooth voice, and soon listened to his footsteps leaving the place.

If this feeling inside of him was considered love. Jinki knew he was indeed in love with Kim Kibum.



Days after the small wonderful moment where Jinki felt Kibum's flesh lips on his skin. Jinki couldn't stop grinning just thinking about it, and flushed at the thought, bringing his hand to touch the same spot where he had felt it.

Things changed between them after that night. Kibum would always come by around closing time, and he would make Jinki sit beside him in order for them to have a little chat, and if he came with his friends, he would come a little earlier and wave at Jinki, mouthing a hello while smiling, and after leaving with them, he would still come later that night, to have their little talk just the two of them.

Jinki noticed his clumsiness was still there, but not as much as before. He would slip sometimes, but he was able to control the rest. He felt comfortable with Kibum now, as he got to know the cute boy better.

He knew Kibum was popular, and he was a little intimidated by it. He thought about confessing his feeling to the boy in a near future, but Kibum's popularity was what made him stop and never actually do it. It scared him, and the thought  of him not being good enough for the boy roamed his head non stop for several days. He was never the secure guy, when it came to these kind of things.

It was nearly closing time, and Jinki was behind the counter taking orders from a few teenage girls, who were giggling and whispering to each other non stop, and starring at him with small smirks. He later noticed Kibum coming inside the place, just standing by the door, watching the scene take over.

When the smiling teenage girls left, Jinki prepared Kibum's special latte, and he made his way to their exclusive table they had claimed their own since that night.

"Jinki I need to ask you something, and I want you to be honest." Jinki could feel Kibum's confidence in his voice.

"Sure."

"Do you like me?" Kibum's question took him off guard, and he suddenly felt heat on both of his cheeks. He looked any where else besides Kibum. He didn't know what to say.

"I... I..." Jinki felt Kibum's small fingers touch his hands, and he immediately flinched making his cup of coffee spill on the table and on the floor. Jinki felt furious at what he had done, blaming himself inwardly for being so clumsy.

Jinki stood at once, grabbing the small white towel he had inside his apron, trying to dry the table.

"Even if I like you, you wouldn't like a clumsy guy like me. You are perfect and I am just... stupid. " Jinki said while wiping off all the coffee from the table, not able to glance at Kibum for a second.

"You are popular and I'm just a ner-" Jinki paused when he felt Kibum's fingers tracing his left cheek.

He looked up at Kibum who had gotten up from his seat and was leaning on the table towards him. Jinki could see Kibum's eyes staring directly at him.

"I have to agree, you are stupid." Kibum said in a blunt way, and Jinki right away stared down at the cloth in his hand. Jinki new he was right, he new that Kibum thought of him that way.

"For thinking that way, you silly." Jinki quickly looked up surprised, and saw Kibum grinning widely.

"I like you Jinki," Kibum said still holding Jinki's face, "and the clumsy you." Kibum walked around the table, to stand in front of Jinki. Kibum linked his arms around Jinki's neck, and leaned even closer to him.

"Would you like to be my boyfriend Jinki?" Kibum whispered close to Jinki's lips.

"Uh... I-I..." Jinki stuttered.

"I take that as a yes." Kibum said, and gave Jinki a sweet kiss on the lips.