Do You Want To Date Me?

All About The Beads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In one peaceful morning where sunrise start to rise between greenery hills, birds chirp synchronize over the tree, old folks take morning walk, people jogs around the park; the perfect serene scene to start a good day – “I WANT YOU TO PARK THAT BIG MACK TRUCK RIGHT IN THIS LITTLE GARAGE..”—or not.

An alarm blaze of WAP by CradiB lyrics wildly rang in an apartment. A man with messy hair jump from his bed shocked at the sound. He look to his left and right to find where the sound come from when his eyes catch a blinking colorful light on his lamp desk beside his bed. He scattered wildly around his bed to the table to turn off the speaker. He forgot to disconnect his phone to speaker the night before.

He rubbed his already messy hair roughly, annoyed with the alarm clock that interrupt his dream. A dream he badly wanted to know the ending.

“Ughhhhh!!” Kwon Jiyong moaned for his loss. “Why the hell did I forgot to turn it off last night??!!” He felt restless and sat back on his bed.

“Almost.” He whispered.

Sighs.

“What time is it?” He mumbled checking his phone. The screen show 7.10 am and he has less than two hour to get ready and open his shop.

Kwon Jiyong own a jewelry shop or sort of. He own a GbeaD shop that sell various type of beads from colors, alphabets, shape and charms.

Jiyong is a man who likes to wear any kind of jewelry from earing, necklace, bracelet and some time he overboard it like wear beaded shoelaces or maybe he just being creative. Like say, who the hell wear beaded shoelace? Only Kwon Jiyong.

Though he was not often wear it because many faulty detected and he don’t have time to take the matter in hands. He only wears it for the sake of fashion.

He was also a fashion man. Often time people in his town called him a fashionista. And he likes it. Too much actually. And he’s living it. And he might consider bring the beaded shoelace in light again.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………........................................................................................

Jiyong feeling excited and his heart thumping wildly when he saw time on the clock of his shop walls. The clock on the wall show 5 minutes before 2 o’clock in the afternoon strike. He always anticipates this day every week for the past two months, Friday at 2 pm.

He busy righting himself in front of the mirror that plastered every corner of his shop for his customers to look at themselves when they tried his handmade bracelet.

For the last two months, every Friday he makes sure he wear himself handsome and spot a dapper look different from his casual attire, like wear a buttoned down shirt, slacks, shiny shoes and style his hair with wax. He also ditched his beloved jewelry.

There was one time he even wear a suit hoped that pretty customer would notice him. To his dismayed, she didn’t notice him. At all. To added the insult, she wasn’t even look at him or even bat an eyelash for the effort he’d made. Because his pride hurt, he closed his shop one hour early that day and went to drinks with his best friends to mend his hurt.

But that does not make him admit defeat. Kwon Jiyong was not the kind of man to give up easily. He will earn it even at the hard way. He wants it, he gets it. That’s how he managed to open his own shop.

Never give up and try harder is his life motto.

When the clock strike at two, automatically the front door alarm chime in to indicate a customer had entered. Or better yet a certain customer. A pretty customer.

Jiyong huff and puff for the last time before he throws his signature dazzling smile at his pretty customer.

Today Jiyong has a mission. Very big mission. He will get her name today. He makes sure of it and even swears it.

Good luck Jiyong! Fighting! You can do it! Don’t give up! Here we go.

“Welcome to GbeaD. May I help you?” Jiyong ask the pretty customer that he was so fond of.

The pretty customer only nodded at his greeting never stray her eyes from the selection beads.

Jiyong assess her from his position in front of the mirror, try to find a way how to approach her. From his position he notes all of her movement and gesture. The way she tapped her lips when she want to choose what color, the way she pursed her lips when she’s thinking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter